Call

One Of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INT – Seulgi’s Apartment – 1:00AM

 

Seulgi is finding it hard to fall asleep - counting sheep, breathing exercises, you name it. With that she gave up, and rushed to the kitchen. Grabbed a beer from the fridge and a can of Pringles that was in the cupboard.

She opened the door to her unit’s terrace and cozied up on the chair. Opening the can, she then drank with satisfaction. Eventually recalling back memories that kept her awake.

His smile. His hands. His smell. His lips.

Oh how she wishes that she could be at peace. That he wouldn’t keep popping on her mind. For it is not easy. It will never be.

 

 

INT – SM Practice Room 10 – 1:00 AM

 

He kept on moving. Moving to the beat of the music, trying to erase everything. Dancing is all that he could count on to. For dancing is the only way where he could just let it all out. Where he just goes out and about – distracted.

It’s unfair how this is how their world works. The moment you find the person you want to take care of, to be with – is also the only thing you are forced to let go of. Be vanished from. He’s had many sacrifices. He made so much mistakes. But she, she who made him feel warm. She who believed in him. Is now the source of that infuriating ache in his chest. And he wants it gone.

 

 

INT – MBC Music Studios, Studio 7 – 11:00AM, Wednesday

 

The writers – Hyerin and Lami, FD Sungcheol, and the host duo – Taeyong and Jaehyun, are on their way out of the studio for a well deserved brunch out. As they were waiting for the elevator they spotted Seulgi by the halls.

“SEULGI!”, called out Seungcheol.

Seulgi’s eyes automatically looked at Taeyong, who was seemingly pretending to not notice her at all, scrolling away on his phone.

“Want to join brunch?”, Sungcheol asked.

Taeyong put on his earphones, and turned up the volume. Shutting the world away. Wishing he could just erase everything.

“Uh… no. You guys go ahead.”, she forced herself to smile.

As the elevator arrived, she took one last look at them – most especially him. And it was hard. Hard to look at the same person who she was with a couple of days back in the big city and in paradise. The person she had no choice but to face. And also the person who she had to walk away from.

 

--

 

With the run through done, it’s time for the show. Seulgi can’t help but thank Mingyu for having her back in times like this. He was the one who volunteered to give instructions to the hosts, the one who stepped out of the control room to make sure everything is in order.

It’s not that she was hiding or anything, it was just hard. And she was thankful to have someone like Mingyu who gets that.

 

 

INT – MBC Music Building, Playlist Office – 10:00AM, Thursday

 

“Kang PD…”, Hyerin carefully peaked from Seulgi’s office door.

“Yes?”

“So… uh… Taeyong and Jaehyun’s manager called.”

“And?”

“They said they will need to leave the show.”

“Oh.”

“They’re going to be promoting again next month, and they will have no time in their schedule to shoot the show.”

“I see…” “Have the crew think of their suggestions for the newly opened parts and let’s discuss later.”

 

 

INT – Gangnam Severance Hospital – 5:00PM, Saturday

 

News had traveled fast, Taeyong got injured after falling off the stage in their recent SM Town concert in Tokyo. He was admitted in a hospital right after they got bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter