Chapter 5

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun stands in the dinning room as he watches Chanyeol leave. The dinner took a while, but now Baekhyun is finally out of Chanyeol's sight. Oh god, Baekhyun's whole body hurts after being tense during the whole dinner. Baekhyun stands in the middle of the room for a while until Lay, the chef, comes into the room and smiles kindly at Baekhyun.

 

“Good evening Baekhyun. How was the food? Tell me.”
“It was delicious. You're a great chef.”
“Thank you, but I'm not as good as D.O who will come here and cook during the weekends. He's a werewolf too.”
“H-He is? Really?”
“Yeah, it was actually my idea to ask him to come here and cook during the weekends. You see, since you're the only werewolf here at the moment, we thought you would feel more like home if there is someone else like you here from time to time.”
“That is really nice of you Lay. Thank you very much, I really appreciate your concern.”
“Well... I can understand if you feel weird with the situation you're in... That's why I thought it would be good to have some kind of support at the moment.”
“Thank you Lay, I mean it.”

 

Lay smiles happily at Baekhyun before Chen comes back into the room with a small sigh escaping his mouth. He must have known that Chanyeol has left the dinner room since he dares to sigh out loud like this.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, your bed is ready and your pajamas lays on your bed.”
“T-Thank you, you didn't have to-”
“Of course I had too, it's my job. Do you need my help to find your room?”
“I-I don't think so.”
“Hey Chen, can't you be a little nicer towards him?”

 

Lay sounds almost a little annoyed as Chen ignores him and turns to Baekhyun with a weak smile on his lips. Chen does look really tired now when Baekhyun thinks about it, but he won't point it out for him. He's pretty sure that Chen already knows that he's tired.

 

“Tomorrow morning Yuri will come and wake you up around 8 am, so don't stay up too late. Also, Xiumin and I won't be here until the afternoon. So if you need anything, ask Yuri. You will have classes from 9 am, so don't slack of too much. Also, don't wake Mr. Park, he gets grumpy easily if he wakes up early.”
“Okay, then I know. I will go to bed now. Goodnight everyone.”
“Goodnight Baekhyun.”

 

Chen just smiles towards Baekhyun before Baekhyun walks towards his room. On his way to his room he meets Xiumin and he says a quick goodnight and a “thank you” to him. Xiumin just smiles back at Baekhyun who hurries to find his room since Xiumin looks like he has something else to do at the moment.

Baekhyun finds his room after walking around the second floor for a minute or two. He enters his room fast and closes the door behind him before he lets out an heavy sigh. It is actually really tiring to eat dinner with Chanyeol; more tiring than he thought it could be. Baekhyun's body nearly hurts a little after sitting tensed during the whole dinner.

 

“I'm exhausted...”

 

Baekhyun walks tired over to the bed and changes his clothes into the pajamas that Chen has put on the bed. Baekhyun then puts away his other clothes on the chair by the makeup corner before he turns of all the lights and sneaks over to his bed. He is about to fall asleep when he thought about his family; about his parents and sisters who must be worried about him.

Baekhyun sits up fast as he tries to find his phone, but it is in that moment he realizes that during the whole day, he hasn't seen it. Where is his phone? He didn't forget it at home, did he? No, he's one hundred percent sure that he brought his phone with him here. Baekhyun hurries to search the room without making a mess, but he can't find his phone. It's like it is totally gone, like he has dropped it somewhere during the day.

 

“Then... Maybe Chen or Xiumin has it?”

 

Baekhyun hurries to walk out of the room as he begins to search for Chen and Xiumin. He plans to not make a sound, he doesn't dare to disturb Mr. Park since he's still working. Chen and Xiumin strictly told him to not disturb him while he is working. But Baekhyun can't help but to accidentally bump into someone who makes him nervous and tensed within a second.

 

“Baekhyun? Aren't you supposed to go to bed?”
“M-Mr. Park, s-sorry, I'm looking for Chen or Xiumin.”
“Is something wrong?”
“W-Well-”

 

Before Baekhyun can answer Chanyeol, Xiumin comes walking behind them as he hurries over to Baekhyun. He knows that something isn't right, so he decides to jump into the conversation right away without hesitating about it.

 

“Baekhyun, aren't you supposed to go to bed?”
“That is exactly what I asked.”
“S-Sorry, I was actually looking for you.”
“Come here, let's talk somewhere else. Sorry for disturbing you Mr. Park.”
“Actually I was the one who asked him what was wrong, so it's my fault for stopping him. I will leave him to you Xiumin. Goodnight Baekhyun, don't wander around out here alone this late at the night. Okay?”
“O-Okay.”

 

Xiumin lets Chanyeol leave first as he bows and Baekhyun does the same, even though he's not working for Chanyeol. When Chanyeol is finally out of sight and Xiumin has made sure that he can't hear them, Xiumin lets out a sigh and stares seriously at Baekhyun.

 

“You can't disturb him I said-”
“I-I didn't. I walked as silently as I could towards the stairs. I didn't knock on his door or anything.”
“Not?”
“No, he came walking here himself. I-I was on my way to find you or Chen.”
“I see... Then what is the problem?”
“U-Uhm, h-have you seen my phone?”
“Yes, I have.”
“R-Really? Where?”
“I'm sorry Baekhyun... But Mr. Park doesn't want you to have it.”
“W-What? W-Why not?”
“You will have to ask him yourself tomorrow or another day. But not right now.”
“B-But I have to call my parents-”
“I'm sorry, but he said that I wasn't allowed to give back your phone without his permission. There isn't anything I can do about it, so go to bed and sleep Baekhyun.”
“B-But Xiumin-”
“Baekhyun... Trust me, right now I think the best thing for you to do is to do as we say. I don't think you want to create an unnecessary argue, right?”

 

Baekhyun feels hurt, but what Xiumin says is true. If Baekhyun starts an unnecessary argue, things might end bad. Not just for him, but for everyone. Baekhyun holds in his feelings as he just nods as an answer to Xiumin.

 

“I'm glad you understand the situation. Now, if I were you, I would go to bed and sleep.”

 

Once again Baekhyun just nods as he turns around and begins to walk towards his room. He knows that he is acting a little rude at the moment, but he can't help it. Why isn't he allowed to have his phone? How is he supposed to contact his family without it? He might be able to write letters to them, but then again, someone must send them for him.

Baekhyun feels the pain in his heart grow stronger as he tries to not cry. He truly wants to talk to his parents and he wants to hear his sisters voices and let them cheer him up after the long day. He wishes he could talk to his family, he just wants to talk to them so badly.

 

***

 

It's really hard to sleep tonight. It doesn't matter how exhausted Baekhyun feels, he can't sleep. The whole mansion is silence, Baekhyun can't hear a thing. But that's not the problem. The problem is his feelings and all those thoughts.

He's worried about his parents, but he's more worried about his sisters. It hasn't even been 24 hours since he left the house, but he's still worried to death. He's also really tired and he feels like crying. Baekhyun turns and twists in the big soft bed, but it doesn't matter if he finds any good position to sleep in, because he can't stop thinking or stop his feelings. Baekhyun sighs as he sits up and stares down at his hands. He stares at them for a long time before he gets up and walks over to the window.

The moon isn't up tonight, which is a shame since he really could need some strength from it. Baekhyun sighs as he stares out at the dark garden that isn't getting any brighter. Baekhyun sighs a second time as he walks back to his bed and sits down on it.

To his surprise, he hears footsteps outside his door. He sits silent the whole time as he can hear someone mutter something to himself, but then the footsteps fade away and everything falls silent once again. Baekhyun sighs as fast the footsteps are gone and decides that he should try to sleep again. After all, there is no idea to sit here all night and worry about something that he can't solve anyway.

 

***

 

“Good morning Mr. Byun, it's time to wake.”

 

Baekhyun groans tired as he tries to open his eyes, but they feel so heavy. Baekhyun just turns his back towards the voice as he hears a sigh. Some few seconds later, the blanket gets pulled off him as the voice tries to wake him up again.

 

“Mr. Byun, please get up. It's morning and you need to get ready for your lessons and eat your breakfast.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter