Chapter 22

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Chanyeol, the dinner is ready.”

 

Baekhyun smiles happily as he puts the last plate down onto the table. Chanyeol slowly stands up from the couch before he walks over to Baekhyun. He stares surprised at the food while Baekhyun flashes him a bright. He didn't expect Baekhyun to be able to cook food this well, didn't he?

 

“Did you make all of this... on your own?”
“Yes sir! I made it all by myself!”

 

Baekhyun smiles proudly and sits down on his chair before he gestures for Chanyeol to start eating. It takes a second or two before Chanyeol dares to pick up his chopsticks and to begin to eat his food. Baekhyun starts to eat as well while the silence falls over the table. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol don't say too much, they just eat their food or drink some wine or water.

After the dinner, Baekhyun starts to pick everything off the table to wash the dishes like he used to do when he lived back at home. Chanyeol stares dumbly at him while he sits by the table with his wine glass in his hand. He must think it's really strange to have Baekhyun do all this, but this is actually what he normally does. If he would be back home, this would be nothing. It would be strange if he didn't help out with the dishes.

 

“So... Did you do this very often back at home?”
“Of course, cooking and washing dishes is something every family does. There is nothing strange with it.”
“I know it's nothing strange, I'm not stupid.”
“Was the food good?”
“It was better than expected.”
“I'm glad to hear that it was better than you expected, though it hurts to know that you don't trust my cooking skills.”
“It feels weird to have you making our meals. I will call around and find someone who can cook for us here instead-”
“Please don't, I actually enjoy making our meals.”

 

Chanyeol stares silently at Baekhyun who smiles. He's actually glad that he can be able to do normal things like those. It's only for three and a half day, but it's still something. If Chanyeol would bring someone else here to cook for them, Baekhyun would feel really disappointed.

 

“Very well, you can do whatever you want. Don't complain if you get tired of it.”
“Haha, it's only three and a half day Chanyeol.”
“Yeah...”
“Hey... D-Do you want to play a game?”
“I'm actually a little too tired to think right now.”
“Would you like to watch a movie then?”
“A movie? Did you bring a movie with you?”
“A picked out a couple of ones from the living room. Chen told me to do that, so I did.”
“Fine, let's watch a movie.”
“Great! I will fetch the movies so you can pick one!”
“There is no idea to get them all, just pick one and come back here.”
“Are you sure? What if you won't like the movie?”
“Baekhyun, all the movies in the living room are to my preference. With other words, I only have movies I like back at home.”
“Oh... T-Then I will just pick one and come back.”

 

Chanyeol nods as he gets up to sit down on the couch. To be honest, Chanyeol sounds so arrogant from time to time, but it can't really be helped. Chanyeol is a noble vampire, it's probably hard for him to understand how people actually talk and hangout in the normal world. Chanyeol never got to grow up with normal circumstances, therefor Baekhyun can't expect him to act like himself.

 

***

 

The movie is a very long one, Baekhyun can't help but to yawn after half of the movie has past as long it is. He's feeling quite exhausted and it has been a long day for both him and Chanyeol. Baekhyun feels how he leans back in the couch and closes his eyes, he can't hold his eyes open anymore. He feels how the sleepiness takes over him while he slowly starts to doze off.

Suddenly, a warm touch wakes him up as he looks up to find Chanyeol stand in front of him. Chanyeol hurries to move his hand that had touched Baekhyun's forehead. Chanyeol looks rather startled while Baekhyun looks confused around. Huh? He's in the bedroom.

 

“W-Where...? W-When...?”
“You fell asleep before the movie ended, so I carried you here.”
“O-Oh... T-Thank you...”

 

Baekhyun feels like he's still half asleep. His head feels heavy and his eyes keeps closing themselves all the time. Baekhyun can hear a light chuckle as he looks up at Chanyeol who's smiling down at him. Chanyeol... is smiling? What a warm smile... Baekhyun feels how he smiles back at Chanyeol as his eyes closes themselves.

 

“Sorry... I don't think... I can stay awake for much longer...”
“Don't worry, just go to bed and rest.”

 

Baekhyun feels how Chanyeol pulls the blanket over his body before the room falls silent. Baekhyun wonders if Chanyeol is going to bed as well or if he's going to stay up a little longer. Whatever he decides to do, Baekhyun hopes that Chanyeol will take it easy. After all, it has been a long day for them both and they should rest so they can enjoy the day tomorrow.

 

***

 

Baekhyun wakes up as fast the sun hits his face. He sits up sleepily while he looks around in the room. Where is he? Baekhyun looks to his left to find Chanyeol sleeping on the bed. Omo... He looks rather handsome... Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol who sleeps peacefully besides him. A weird smile sneaks upon Baekhyun's lips as he silently sneaks out of the bed and towards the living room.

Baekhyun manages to sneak out of the bedroom and closes the door carefully behind him. Chanyeol probably stayed up until late night, so he's not going to wake up for a while. Until Chanyeol wakes up, Baekhyun should silently prepare their brunch. Baekhyun glances over to a watch as he gasps: it's already 10 am.

He silently prepares their brunch and he also makes a couple of extra sandwiches that they can eat later during the afternoon. Today he wants to go out and take a walk around in the forest. He wants to take Chanyeol with him, so they both can enjoy the beautiful nature and the wonderful weather. The sun is shining and the sky looks quite clear. Today is a prefect day for a walk!

Baekhyun takes his time to prepare the food and sets the table. He doesn't want to wake Chanyeol, not yet at least. He wants the giant to wake up on his own and come out here. When Baekhyun is almost done with everything, he suddenly hears how someone is coming up behind him as he hurries to turn around. Chanyeol stands behind him, his eyes still looking a little heavy and his hair is totally messed up. Baekhyun feels something weird inside of him and his heart is beating weirdly. Chanyeol looks so... handsome...

 

“Good morning...”
“G-Good morning Chanyeol. Would you like some coffee or tea?”
“Tea please.”

 

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol would say tea, but he asked Chanyeol if he wanted coffee just in case. Baekhyun pours up the tea he prepared earlier and then puts the teacup down on the table. Chanyeol sits down by the table and silently sips on his tea like he usually does. Baekhyun hurries to finish the last preparations before he joins Chanyeol at the table.

 

“Did you sleep well last night?”
“Yeah, surprisingly enough.”
“Why is that such a surprise? Have you slept bad the past days?”
“Yeah... You can say that...”

 

Chanyeol looks tired, yet he said he did sleep quite well. Baekhyun wonders why Chanyeol hasn't been able to sleep very well. Well, he shouldn't pry too far. Right now, he should try to get on Chanyeol's good side and show him that Baekhyun isn't just an annoying werewolf like he sometimes seems to believe.

 

“What would you like to do today?”
“If you wouldn't mind, I would love to take a walk. We can make hot chocolate and take it with us! Don't you think that sounds like fun?”
“Sure, let's do that.”
“R-Really...? Y-You're actually coming?”
“Why wouldn't I? You told me to put my work aside and my phone is turned off, so I can get some rest. I think you were right when you told me that I'm stressed out, therefor I will do whatever you want to do.”
“I-I'm really happy that you took me seriously! Chanyeol, I really appreciate it when you listen to me!”

 

Baekhyun smiles happily while Chanyeol smiles weakly. Baekhyun can't believe that Chanyeol actually listened to what he said! Now Baekhyun definitely wants to show Chanyeol that he's not such a stupid werewolf like he sometimes seems to believe.

 

***

 

“If you get too cold, let's head straight back to the cabin. Got it?”
“I'm fine, we werewolves can adapt ourselves to the nature and the weather.”
“Really? That's something I haven't heard, though I'm not some kind of expert.”
“Haha, it's a little like the thing with you guys not celebrating birthdays. Or is it something only your family does?”
“Mostly vampires don't celebrate their birthdays, but there are some few exceptions.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he inhales the cold air. This feels great! The weather is wonderful and the nature is refilling Baekhyun's body energy. Werewolves need to go out into the nature from time to time or stand in the moonlight during full moon to get back their strength. Their strength comes from the nature and the moon and they can only keep that energy and power for a certain time before they have to refill themselves.

 

“This is wonderful... I feel like I'm being reborn...”
“What do you mean? We're just taking a walk. Was it really such a long time since you took a walk? Don't you take a walk around the garden nearly every day?”
“I do, but it's not the walk itself that makes me feel reborn. You see, we werewolves get our power from the full moon.”
“I already know that.”
“But we also get it from the nature. If we don't visit the forest and the nature itself, we will be weak. The moonlight from the full moon is very important, but the natural energy from the nature is also very important. When I take a walk in the garden, I only get a little of the natural energy that I receive right now. It's a huge difference between a garden and a forest. Therefor, when I walk here, I feel like I'm being reborn.”

 

Chanyeol stares silently at the path in front of them while Baekhyun inhales the air once again. Did Chanyeol even try to understand what Baekhyun just said or did he just pretend to listen? Oh well, there is no idea to force Chanyeol to listen to him, he probably has his own things to think about.

 

“So... You didn't tell me about this earlier because...? I mean, the garden energy can't have been enough for you to-”
“Don't worry, it's not like I will die without it. During the full moon, I have been sitting in the moon's light to regain my strength. We won't die if we don't get refilled from the moon or the forest, but my strength and powers will be weakened.”
“It's like a vampire who hasn't had any blood for years.”
“Exactly.”

 

Baekhyun smiles as he looks around. The snow is looking so beautiful, Baekhyun is glad that he decided to come here with Chanyeol. At first he thought he should protest for not being able to celebrate Christmas like you should do by not coming here, but now he's actually glad that he came.

 

“Oh, look! It's a deer!”

 

Baekhyun points towards a deer that is making its way through the snow. Chanyeol stares carefully at Baekhyun who gets the feeling that Chanyeol is expecting him to do something. What does he want him to do?

 

“What is it? Why are you staring at me like that?”
“You're... not going to chase it, right?”
“W-What?! H-How rude!”
“Wait, why are you getting angry? I just asked.”
“I'm not a dog you know!”
“But you're half human, half wolf.”
“I do have hunting instincts, but I can turn them off. You know, saying something like that to a werewolf is really offending.”
“Sorry, I'm not used to be around werewolves like this.”
“Geez, it's like I would expect you to blood from every human you see.”
“That's definitely rude to say.”
“I know, that's why I told you to not say such things to me.”

 

Chanyeol sighs while Baekhyun looks away and out at the nature. How could he say such a rude thing towards him? Or... was he joking? Baekhyun glances over at Chanyeol who's staring up at the sky. Baekhyun wonders if Chanyeol tried to be funny or if he actually was serious.

He carefully opens his mouth to ask Chanyeol if he was joking or not, when he suddenly feels how his feet slips. Baekhyun loses his balance and is about to hit the ground when two hands suddenly grabs him. Baekhyun can feel how he gets pulled up to his feet, but the hands suddenly starts to pull him backwards again.

 

“Y-Yah!”

 

Baekhyun feels how he falls straight over Chanyeol who also has lost his balance. They both land on the ground with the snow flying over their heads. Baekhyun stares do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter