Chapter 32

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“B-Baekhyun! Yah! Come on... You can't be serious... CHEN! XIUMIN!”

 

Panic washes over him when Baekhyun's nearly lifeless body suddenly relaxes and his head rest heavily against his chest. The young man in his arms is pale and thin: he doesn't look fine at all. Did he really starve himself to this extent?! And why hasn't he gotten any energy from the damn nature or the moon?! That is what he tried to tell him before he passed out, right?! , things are just getting worse and worse each second that is passing by.

 

“CHEN! XIUMIN! WHY AREN'T YOU COMING?!”

 

He can't stand here with Baekhyun like this, it's too risky. He doesn't know how long Baekhyun has been without this energy he needs to survive and he doesn't know how long he can last without it. He needs to get him out or into the moonlight! Wait, there is no moon tonight! ! Then he needs the forest!

 

“W-What is wrong?! Why are you scream-?”
“Get me a blanket, a water bottle and food! Hurry! We need to get him out!”
“W-What is going on?! Why is he-?!”
“GET THE STUFF I TOLD YOU TO FETCH AND HURRY!”

 

Both Chen and Xiumin are in a state of confusion and shock, but it doesn't stop them from doing as he says. They both run out of the room while he himself tries to get out of the bedroom without knocking Baekhyun's head against the door frame. When he's finally outside the room he begins to run down the long corridor and silently curses the big mansion he had bought only to impress his family. Now when he thinks about it, he never wanted such a big place and now it's getting in his way.

 

“Chanyeol! What is going on?! Why are both Chen and Xiumin looking like two zombies?! W-What is that?! Is that... B-Baekhyun?!”
“Lay, prepare something to eat for him! I will get him back on his feet right away!”
“I-If you say so!”

 

He runs past the confused and rather anxious looking Lay and then heads down the stairs. He's forced to slow down by now since he doesn't know if he will be able to not trip in his panic with Baekhyun still in his arms. He manages to get down to the hallway by the time Chen and Xiumin are finished with gathering the things he told them to fetch. They both look just like Lay describe: pale and full of anxiousness. They probably moved around like two zombies in the middle of their shocked state.

 

“W-We got the things you asked for!”
“Good, now get me another blanket or something we can put on the ground! Chen, you go and fetch the blanket! Xiumin, help me out of the house and give me the blanket you're holding! Hurry! We don't have time to fool around!”

 

Chen stumbles away and Lay runs past them to get to the kitchen. Xiumin is busy with trying to get the blanket out of his hands and he himself is struggling to not panic even more. He glances down at Baekhyun's still lifeless looking body and his pale face. He looks dead... N-No, he's not dead! Get yourself together you idiot! Get him out of here! He needs the fresh air! He needs the nature!

 

“W-Where are you going? I mean, it's in the middle of-”
“I will explain later! Give me the blanket already! Put it on Baekhyun, hurry!”

 

Xiumin fumbles slightly more with the blanket while Chen comes back from his search of a blanket they can put on the ground. After that Chanyeol quickly gets his shoes on and then asks Chen to come with him. Xiumin holds up the door for them and he's just about to step outside when someone blocks his way. He stumbles backwards and looks up in both annoyance and desperation: who the hell is blocking his way?! Though, he's annoyance disappears the moment he sees the middle aged man in front of him: someone he would rather not see at all and especially not now. Both Chen and Xiumin nearly gasp in fear while the man glances down at Baekhyun's body that looks to be totally lifeless.

 

“I see that you two are doing well... I think this is the best meeting we have ever had.”
“What are you doing here?! Get out of my way! I don't have-”
“What is wrong with you? Screaming at your grandfather like that-”
“Get out of my way! Hurry!”
“Oh? Let me guess, he needs the nature's energy to survive. Don't tell me you locked him into a room or something.”
“I-I didn't do that! He did it himself! Now get out of my way!”
“NO... I don't feel like it. I mean, if I don't move, he will die: right?”
“GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU BLOODY !”

 

Both Chen and Xiumin are literally trembling in fear by now, but they're not scared of Chanyeol's grandfather. No, they're scared to see their desperate and furious master scream at his grandfather like he could easily snap his neck if he felt like it. Of course, in that moment, he didn't even consider what would happen to him and his relationship with his family when he spoke up like that. In that moment, everything or rather the only thing he had in his head was Baekhyun who is still in his arms with his nearly lifeless body.

 

“I'm warning you Chanyeol, if you even so dare to-”
“I don't give a damn about you or the others! My family is right here and he needs me!”

 

He watches his grandfather nearly jumps startled when he literally pushes him out of the door and quickly heads towards the forest. He needs to think about Baekhyun and not about that idiot to grandfather he has. Right now, someone needs him more than his grandfather does.

 

“CHEN! GET YOUR OVER HERE! XIUMIN! GET LAY AND GET RID OF THAT DAMN DISGRACE THAT IS STANDING AT MY DOOR!”
“How dare you call me a disgrace?! Who is holding your brother's murderer in his very own arms?! Who is treating him so nicely when he deserves punishment! Didn't you promise me to make him suffer?! Then let him remain like that!”
“CHEN! GET OUT HERE, NOW! IGNORE THAT IDIOT!”

 

He's too angry to even think where he's going. He just heads right out into the forest and hears how Chen hesitantly runs up to him. He quickly joins Chanyeol's quick pace as they head into the dark forest in the middle of the night. It's cold, but luckily he has already made sure the blanket is properly wrapped around Baekhyun's slightly cold body.

 

“A-Are you sure that it's alright to leave your furious grandfather alone with Xiumin?”
“Don't worry, both Lay and Xiumin would be able to take him down. He's not as strong as you think, he has only learned to be intimidating and terrifying in his enemies' eyes. He was once a strong vampire, a noble man who knew what the world really needed. But he has become blind of his own goal because of all the money and fame he has gotten throughout the years. He's an idiot! He says he only cares about his family, but that's pure bull!”
“I-I get it, so please calm down. How far are we supposed to go? It's rather dark and I don't know if I can find my way back...”
“Here will do. Put the blanket on the ground and then fetch me a jacket and some food. Also, bring something warm to drink, like tea or hot chocolate.”
“A-Are you just going to sit there? On the ground?”
“Yes, please hurry to fetch my jacket. And get another warm blanket for Baekhyun, he's still awfully cold... And make sure that my grandfather leaves without hurting anyone.”

 

Chen hesitates, it's obvious that he doesn't like this plan, but he only nods in the end. He makes sure that Chanyeol and Baekhyun are alright before he turns around to walk back to the mansion. Chanyeol silently watches Chen leave before he glances down at Baekhyun and his pale face. He has to use his vampire eyes to be able to see him in the dark forest since there is no moonlight and the sky is cloudy tonight. He hopes it won't start raining any time soon... Which suddenly reminds him: how long is he supposed to sit here? How long will it take before Baekhyun will feel better and wake up? The whole night? Maybe only a couple of hours...

He listens to the rather silent forest and holds Baekhyun's carefully in his arms. All this time, since he found Baekhyun collapsed on the floor till now, he has only felt desperate and he couldn't help but to be in both shock and panic. He has watched Baekhyun collapse in front of him, not able to even get up on his knees because of his weak body. He watched the young man pass out in his arms while desperately trying to tell him that he's slowly dying. It was horrible... He never thought... He never thought that he would ever feel this anguished and anxious when it comes to Baekhyun...

He's lost in his thoughts for a longtime and only listens to the strangely calm night. This is probably the first time he has walked straight out into the woods in the middle of the night only to sit and listen to nothing. He didn't know the forest could be this peaceful, though it would probably be rather terrifying to get lost and not be able to find your way out. Luckily, he's a vampire and can easily run around until he finds his way out. Besides, if Baekhyun wakes up, he will be able to tell where to go. He has never gotten lost in those woods, it's almost like he knows them like he knows the back of his own hand.

 

“Baekhyun-ah... Please wake up soon... Everyone is worried... I-I'm worried...”

 

Speaking with an unconscious person may seem strange, but he doesn't have anyone else to talk too. Besides, he really hopes with all his might that Baekhyun will still be able to hear him. He may be unconscious, but there might be a chance that he's still listening to his surroundings. Maybe his heart is listening to his voice...? Or... No... It would probably close him out, push him away and lock itself to never allow him to enter it ever again. That's right, Baekhyun will probably think that he has gone crazy when he wakes up in the middle of the forest alone with a vampire – the brother to the man who tried to kill him when he was younger. Of course he himself was still rather young when it happened and he didn't know about his brother's blood lust problems.

This is probably the first time he thinks back at his past and thinks about his brother since he left his family. He has two siblings: his big brother and his big sister Yura. His brother was the oldest of them all, a spoiled brat like himself. His brother was supposed to take over the company and Yura was supposed to take over the business in Japan along with his mother who wants to live there. His father on the other hand wanted to keep the business going in both China and Korea, so he decided to stay. Though, both Yura and his mother didn't get to leave before his big brother died. They announced him dead rather quickly and were saying that someone had murdered him – someone had dared to rip his head off and heart out of his body. That someone became known to be the Byun family's parents – Baekhyun's parents.

That time, when he found out his brother was dead, he was more than angry. He felt furious and he could only think about revenge. When he got the opportunity to finally put the whole Byun family in agony and sorrow without killing anyone, he took it without any hesitation. He thought his family would understand him: if he married the source of his brother's death and makes him suffer, then his revenge would be tenfold. But in the end, his already unstable family decided to push him away and treat him like a traitor. His grandfather disowned him, his father wants to try to overrun his company that he himself built up and his mother doesn't dare to speak to him because of her father. The only one who has tried to secretly talk to him is Yura, but she rarely dares to give him a call or send him a text.

To think that so many things has changed the moment his brother died, though he probably deserved it. Of course he would rather have his brother alive and well, but in a way he thinks that he understands the Byun family. They felt the need to protect the only thing that means something to them and that was the children. If someone would attack either Chen, Xiumin, Lay or Baekhyun, he would also like to do anything to protect them. Of course Kyungsoo and Yuri are important people to him and he would like to protect them as well, but the person he wants to protect the most is Baekhyun. If someone would harm him, he would like to rip that person's arms and legs off and maybe their tongue too depending on how bad they dare to hurt him.

 

“Chanyeol! How is he?! Is he better?! Please tell me he's alright!”

 

He nearly jumps startled when Xiumin's voice echoes through the darkness. He quickly looks behind him to find the man run slowly towards him, mostly because he's scared to trip with the basket he's holding in his hand. Behind him runs an anxious looking Lay and Chen who is busy with holding up the blankets he fetched in his arms. They all look worried, but he doesn't have any good news for them. He doesn't know if Baekhyun is alright, he's just lying in his arms with his nearly lifeless body. He struggles to smile slightly towards them, but it's obvious that he's still worried.

 

“I'm sorry guys... Nothing has changed. How long were you gone Chen?”
“40 minutes. I had hoped that at least something would have changed...”
“I-Is he alright? W-Will he be alright? Please say something.”
“Calm down Xiumin, he's already trying to keep himself calm.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter