Chapter 31

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

A tired groan escapes his mouth while he tries to open his eyes. To his surprise he feels rather exhausted even though he just woke up from his sleep. The strong sunlight shines into the room and casts it's calming light across the floor. What time is it...? How long has he been sleeping? He tries to open his heavy eyes and groans once more when the strong light hits his face. It takes a while before he can finally open his eyes and let them adjust to the light. When he can see clearly, he notices that he's not alone.

His eyes spots a peaceful and rather soft looking face only a couple of inches away from his own. It takes his brain a couple of seconds to react to who it is, but when he finally realizes it, he feels how a pain hits him. He whines loudly from the pain and tries to not move too much, but it's too late – he's already awake. He painfully stares over at the person in front of him who opens his eyes and stares right back at him. For a couple of seconds, he thought that he would try to jerk away from him, but he doesn't move. He can only lie on the bed with pain aching through his mind while staring at the person in front of him.

 

“Baekhyun...? Baekhyun... You're finally awake... How is your head...? Is it better...?”

 

He doesn't dare to move. For some reason he can only stare at the deep brown eyes in front of him and the sleepiness that is shown across the soft looking face. Why is he feeling both anxious and strangely relieved at the same time? He can suddenly feel how a slightly cold hand touches his cheek and slowly it. A shiver runs down his spine and his whole body stops from moving for a couple of seconds. What is wrong with him? He doesn't feel like himself and he has been feeling and acting strange a lot lately. His head still hurts and he feels exhausted – he can't even understand what is going on at the moment.

 

“Baekhyun-ah...? I... I see... I'm sorry, I scared you, didn't I? Don't worry, I won't hurt you.”

 

He stares at the soft smile in front of him and feels how the slightly cold hand keeps his cheeks. It isn't until his sight becomes blurry that he realizes that he's crying. For some reason he doesn't know, he's crying. He's both scared and relieved at the same time, but the weirdest thing is: he feels anxious. He doesn't know why he's feeling anxious while a storm of different feelings is taking over him. He's confused and the pain doesn't go away. Why is he in pain now again...? He can't remember, he's just too exhausted to think.

 

“I told you, I will never hurt you... Come here, you don't have to be afraid-”
“N-No... P-Please... S-Stay away...”

 

His body reacts on its own, even his words comes out of his mouth without him using any effort. That's right, he suddenly remembers why he doesn't want to be with this person. He wants to get away from him, but at the same time he doesn't want to be alone. Confusion is welling up inside of him, but his body and mind is already moving on its own.

 

“G-Get away from me... I-I don't want you to touch me... L-Let go already!”

 

He feels how his whole body jerks away and how he sits up. He's dizzy, but it doesn't stop him from creating a distance between him and the person he absolutely doesn't want to see at the moment. That's right, he doesn't want to be with him any more. He's a liar and.. And he's... He's... Baekhyun carefully glances to the side when he feels how the whole bed moves slightly. He watches the person with the deep brown eyes that are so calming sit up and let out a long sigh. The room falls silent and allows the anxiousness inside of him grow stronger.

Unconsciously he begins to curl together on the spot he's sitting on. He doesn't want to make any more eye contact nor speak. He doesn't want to hear his deep voice, see his face or feel his touch. It's weird how so many feelings for one person can suddenly switch within a heartbeat. They don't say anything, they just sit there on the bed in the silence and allows Baekhyun to feel more and more anxious. He's uncomfortable, slightly scared and exhausted, but he's mostly confused. He can't understand his own brain or his feelings that are smashed together into a giant ball of emotions. What is he exactly feeling...?

 

“Baekhyun-ah... Should I...? Should I assume that you finally realizes who I am...?”

 

The deep voice that sounded rather soft and gentle is finally sounding colder and more stern. This is the voice he's used to – a voice fitting its owner. That's right, he's not supposed to be all warm and nice – he's the opposite. He's a cruel person who probably have something bad in mind. Everything suddenly makes so much more sense. The sudden request to get married, the fear of getting bitten, the marriage, the crazy grandfather... It all makes sense now... How could he not realize this earlier...?

 

“You... You are really cruel... Did you...? Did you know... that I had forgotten about it...? Did you... pick me of all the people... to mock me...? I thought... I thought you were a decent vampire... You're a cruel liar... You're not only mocking me... You...”

 

Tears streams down his cheeks as he curls together even more. Why is his heart suddenly aching so much...? Why does it feel like it's becoming hard to breathe? He doesn't like this aching pain in his chest nor the weird anxiousness that is growing stronger.

 

“We're technically married now... We didn't finish the whole ritual, but we're still married... With other words... You're stuck with me for a while and you know it.”
“Please... Just... Get out...”
“Why? There is nothing wrong with me being here. This is my mansion that you have been living in the past months. Besides, we're already married-”
“Get out... I don't want to see you... I don't want to hear you... I just... I... I don't want to be reminded of him... Please... Get out...”
“So you finally remember...? I don't know if you're lucky or unlucky to remember it all now, but one thing is for sure: you're the reason why my brother is dead.”
“I-It was his own fault...! I-I didn't do anything except running! That bastard-!”
“Is still my brother! Don't try to fool me, I know what happened that night. We heard all about it after they found him dead. He was drunk and hungry and you just happened to be there. But, your parents... They just killed him... They were merciless...”
“Please... Can you just get out already...? I don't want to see you...”

 

The pain in his chest grows stronger by now and it is becoming even harder to breathe. He can't hold back the tears for much longer and he doesn't want to have a mental breakdown in front of him...

 

“What do I have to do to get you to leave...? Please... Chanyeol... Leave...”

 

His voice is cracking, he can feel how his throat is trembling while he speaks and it's hard to not burst out in tears. He struggles to not say anything or to move for a couple of seconds until Chanyeol finally gets up of the bed. He leaves the room in silence, though it's hard to not notice the weird aura he's giving out. When the door finally gets closed behind him, all Baekhyun can do is to cry and lie down on the bed. He doesn't know why he's crying or why his chest is hurting, but one thing is for sure: he has never felt this betrayed and hurt by someone who he thought was really close to him...

 

***

 

Urgh... His head is hurting again... His throat hurts too... Now when he thinks about it, he has had a constant headache and throat ache since a couple of days back. He's not hungry nor thirsty, but everyone don't stop bugging him with getting him to eat and drink properly. When was the last time he had a proper meal...? He can't remember... He doesn't even know what day it is or what the time is... He doesn't care... He doesn't want to care...

There is a weak sunlight streaming into the room through the small cracks beside the curtains that hangs in front of the windows. The big room is silent – the only thing he has been hearing the past days is his own sobs or the weak mumbles from downstairs. He sometimes holds his breath just to listen to what is going on in the house. He doesn't want to leave the room, but he doesn't want to be too ignorant either. He always hears either Xiumin or Chen walking around and sometimes he hears Lay speak anxiously about his health.

 

“It's been four days now and he hasn't even touched his food. I can barely get him to drink water! We can't let him go on like this!”
“I know Lay, we all know that very well. But we don't have much of a choice. If he doesn't want to eat or drink, we can't force it onto him. If we do, it might backfire.”
“We won't know until we try, right? I can make something simple and something that he likes! I know, I should make him some-”
“We know that you're worried Lay, but leave this matter to us. Instead of worrying about him, why don't you make some tea and serve it to Mr. Park?”
“Chen is right, we can't afford you making a big ruckus at the moment. Mr. Park decided to cancel the honeymoon for now and to work, so you shouldn't disturb him.”
“How long are you planning on letting this go on? Isn't it obvious what the problem is here? We should fix it, not ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist!”
“Lay, please leave it to them. They both need some time – alone. It's not your job to solve their problems, it's ours and mostly theirs. If they need our help, we will of course do our best to give them our aid.”
“But, what about the unfinished rituals? They still have to perform them, don't they?”
“It can wait for a week or two, but we do admit that we shouldn't wait for too long either.”
“Luckily they don't have to redo the whole wedding and the rituals, they just need to finish the parts that they missed. It shouldn't take too long to fix that.”
“But still... C-Can't we do anything for them? Nothing? Please...?”
“We have tried to come up with something to help them, but we both decided to let them solve this on their own. Of course if they require our help, we will obviously be there to help them. But like Xiumin said, we won't meddle in their business.”
“Fine... But I won't stop cooking food... I will keep shoving it into Baekhyun's room...”
“Do so, but don't overdo it either. For now, give him something simple to eat. If he wants it, he will take it. Else we should try to leave him alone. He wants to be alone after all.”

 

As usual Lay is trying his best to convince Chen and Xiumin to do something about him and Chanyeol, but nothing will work. He doesn't want to see that man... He doesn't want to remember anything about him... That's right, he just wants to close his eyes and forget everything... If he doesn't think about him, his heart won't ache. If he doesn't remember anything, his heart will be at ease. That's right, he's not supposed to remember all this... If he only hadn't remembered, then... Then he... He... He doesn't know... He doesn't know what would have happened if he didn't remember... He doesn't want to think... No more of this... Please... No more sorrow... Make it easier for him... Please...

 

***

 

“Baekhyun-ah, are you awake? Please wake up, you have been sleeping for hours now. Look, the weather is wonderful outside. Why don't you take a walk in the garden?”

 

Chen desperately tries to open the curtains and let in some sunlight, but it only makes Baekhyun groan and hide under the blanket. He doesn't want to go out... He wants to be alone... He wants to sleep... Why is he bugging him...? Leave him alone...

 

“Come on now, you have been locked up in here for a week now. Seven days alone in this room is not very healthy for you. Now, let's-”
“Go out... Leave me alone... I want to be alone...”
“Please don't say that, it will hurt my feelings if you send me away like that.”
“Chen... Get out... Please... Just... Get out...”

 

Chen falls silent for a while before he finally steps out of the room without saying anything. When he hears the door get closed, he carefully peeks his head out and sighs relieved to see that he's alone again. Though, Chen left the curtains open and the strong light is still shinning into his room. He hates it... Why must it be so freaking bright and warm looking...? He buries his face against the pillow and sighs right into it. He doesn't want to do anything, he just wants to sleep... That's right, sleeping is much simpler than being awake. It's easier to just sleep, like the sleeping beauty... Her life must have been easy, to not have to worry about anything and just sleep day in and day out.

He slowly looks up from his pillow and stares over at the window – the weather really is wonderful today... But... He's not in the mood to do anything. He's just too tired to care... That's right, he doesn't want to care about anything. If he pretends long enough that he doesn't care, eventually that will become true. If he stops feeling anything at all and just live the rest of his life as a brainless zombie, then he doesn't have to worry about anything. Life will be so much easier and he doesn't have to feel anything. That's right, he would live a simple life without a brain... Without any feelings... Without any memories... But... Life would probably be boring and meaningless as well if he was brainless...

He can't help but t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter