Chapter 2 (New)

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

The first few hours after the men had left the house, he sat alone in his room while his thoughts spun around his head. It hasn’t even been a proper 30 minutes since the men left and he is already regretting his decision since he got the feeling that he might not be able to see his family in a long time after he leaves. Back then it felt like it was his responsibility to make the peace agreement real, to not break it like Mr. Lee feared it would do if he refused, but now he feels stupid for falling into Mr. Lee’s manipulative trap to make him say yes. Maybe that is what his mother was trying to warn him about and he didn’t get to hear her out properly…

 

“Baekhyun...?”
“Oppa...?”
“Are you there?”
“C-Can we come in?”

 

The faint voices of his sisters’ worried voices echo outside his door. He hurries to get up of the bed and walks over to the door to open it. He opens it slowly as he meets his sisters' concerned eyes that are directly at his own eyes. A sigh escapes his mouth as his arms opens up to give them both a big hug. He hasn't really dared to face his own family after his stupid decision since he is scared, they will judge him and point out what a mistake he has made. However, right now he just wants to see them and let them comfort him.

 

“Oppa, you idiot!”
“Why did you agree to that?!”
“Don't you know who the Park family is?!”
“They're the ones who-!”
“You two, don't tell him anything. The Park family you're thinking about... might not be them.”
“B-But f-father!”
“Let’s not argue about it, okay?”

 

He lets go of his sisters as his father walks into the room and puts his hand on is head. In all honesty, he is starting to feel somewhat depressed by his father’s act since he knows that he must have disappointed him and yet he is here to comfort him. However, he is happy to see that his father is here for him despite his stupidity. On top of that, he is surprised that their father isn't mad at him for not thinking everything through properly or asking more questions.

 

“Son... I'm afraid that... I have failed to protect your precious life.”
“Dad, don't say that-”
“I feel like I have to. Please forgive me.”
“Dad, it... It was my own choice. I could have said no, but I agreed to it. I... I did it for you. For all of you... I'm sorry... But I... I just...”
“My sweetest little boy.”

 

His body gets pulled into a warm hug by his mother who appears out of nowhere and holds him in her protective arms. She hugs him so tightly it almost feels like all his pain gets squeezed out of him. He hugs her back as tightly as possible while wishing that time would stop. He doesn't want to let go off his family just yet, he isn’t ready to move out on his own and live without them...

 

“You didn't have to do that for us... You could have said no...”
“But then there wouldn't be any peace... And I'm so tired of worrying about our race being in danger... I don't want you to get hurt... Not after everything you have done for me.”

 

He feels how his mother hugs him even harder as she kisses him on the forehead. There is no doubt, he will surely miss his mother’s comfort and her guidance more than anything else. He will miss his father and sisters a lot too, but his mother... He will miss her the most. It hurts so much to think about the situation. It hurts to know that he might not see her for a very, very, very long time…

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Mr. Park... Young master?”
“What?”
“We're back from our visit at the Byun residence.”
“Did they... refuse my request?”
“Actually... No, they didn't. Or rather, Byun Baekhyun didn't.”
“So... He accepted it?”
“Yes sir, he has accepted your request and we informed him that we will get him after a week from now and on. However, Mr. Byun requested a whole month at home before coming here. We told him that a whole month is too long and therefore promised to at least check with you if he can get two weeks.”
“Two weeks...?”
“Yes sir, we think he should get two weeks after the sudden request from you and-”
“Who cares? I said one week and that's it. He's my fiancé now.”
“Technically, he isn’t your fiancé until the ceremony-”
“I don't care! He has a lot to learn, right? His teachers will start working here about a week and I want him to be here by then. Is that clear?”
“As you wish young master.”

 

An annoyed sigh leaves his mouth as his two assistants leave the room to not disturb him any longer. A second sigh slips out of his mouth while he plays with the wine in his glass that he poured up to himself only a couple of seconds ago. He can't help but to smirk a little bit to himself.

 

“So... He actually accepted my request...? What a surprise...”

 

A surprise indeed, he could never have guessed or thought that Byun Baekhyun would accept him as his fiancé so easily. In all honesty, he expected to be rejected at least twice before they would find a way to convince him. He chuckles to himself as he sips on his wine in peace. However, it doesn’t take long before it knocks on his door which means that someone wants to talk to him again. Who will it be this time?

 

“Come in.”

 

The door to the room gets open as he glances over at the older man who stands in the door opening and stares at him. Almost in surprise and shock, he is fast to stand up and put down his wine glass on his desk before he bows deeply towards the man in the door opening. What is his grandfather doing here? Isn't he supposed to be overseas and handle family business? On top of that, he decided to come all the way here unannounced which could only mean one thing…

 

“Grandfather, what brings you here?”

 

He uses the politest voice he can muster at the moment as his grandfather steps into the room and closes the door behind his back. His grandfather is the last person he expected to see here and today out of all places: especially since this is his own mansion far away from their old family mansion.

 

“Chanyeol, I have come here to speak to you about business. But first of all...”

 

The tension in the room suddenly spikes as his grandfather gives him a furious gaze. Like he thought, his grandfather must have found out about his decision to marry a man and not a woman like his grandfather told him to do. This conversation was inevitable, but he had hoped to avoid it for a bit longer since it will most likely raise hell.

 

“What kind of nonsense have I heard about you going to get engaged with a boy?! Not only do you have to mix your blood with those other creatures, but also with a male?!”
“Grandfather, please don't get upset. You have plenty of pure-blooded grandchildren who can bring you better children than I-”
“Listen to me Chanyeol! I have worked hard for this family for over a thousand years! I do have my pride and my honor, but I also have some sense too! Not only do you wish to get married with a man, but it's also the son of those who I hate the most!”
“Grandfather, with all respect, I think you have mistaken-”
“I have not mistaken a thing! I'm not a human Chanyeol! My mind is clear and full of knowledge! Do you have any idea about-”
“Grandfather! This is for the peace agreement! I will marry that boy as a sign of peace! If I marry the son of those who killed... Who killed... You know who I'm talking about... Then... Then I can prove that peace isn't completely worthless.”
“You don't have a single pride left in your body after this! How dare you speak like you know what I have gone through?!”
“Grandfather... I will have to ask you to leave...”
“Fine, but you should know something: I don't care what kind of game you have in mind this time, but if you screw up, I will kick you out of this family!”

 

Anger begins to boil inside of him, but he keeps everything closed inside of him. He had just wished to make peace, but now... Now he can't hold this anger in anymore. He's tired of his grandfather looking down on him like he's just a insect! He's not as useless as he thinks!

 

“Fine! I got a better idea! This boy is probably purer than you think! He wouldn't have agreed to marry me if it wasn't for the peace agreement! Do you want revenge on his parents that badly?! Then I will make the son suffer! I won’t physically torture, but I can make him suffer any other way to break him slowly! He wouldn't dare to divorce me anyway! He wouldn't be able to stop suffering!”
“What did you say...?”
“You heard me!”

 

He stares daringly his grandfather as the older man walks over and is about to grab his collar, when Mr. Kim and Mr. Kim come into the room and clear their throats.

 

“Please don't touch our young master, he's not a child anymore.”
“I'm sorry sir, but we have to inform you that your son has asked us to you back home. He claims that you have gone mad sir.”
“What?! He dares to say that about me?!”
“Please sir, let us you home-.”
“I want to get home in this instant! Bring my car around immediately!”
“As you wish sir. This way please.”

 

Mr. Kim begins to his grandfather out of the room as the other Mr. Kim walks over and sighs in front of him. To be honest, it's relief to know that the Kims help him out when his grandfather is here. You can really depend on them.

 

“Sir, are you sure that you want to continue your so-called plan? Isn't there anyone else you want to marry?”
“I want Byun Baekhyun... That boy... isn't like everyone else.”
“As you wish. However, your grandfather isn't as healthy as he used to be. He may be a vampire, but even he can't live forever.”
“I know... I know that...”

 

Mr. Kim bows before he leaves the room and walks downstairs to the other Mr. Kim to help with get the grandfather and send him home. Whilst alone, he starts wondering if his decision to marry Baekhyun is truly right and what he said to his grandfather about making him suffer, but he feels that he needs some kind of revenge or some kind of satisfaction after what the Byun family as done to him and his family. He feels the need to find some kind of justice for what the Byun’s did to them…

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

He sits uncomfortably on his bed as he listens to his sisters whining. They're 15 years old, yet they sound like children. He can hear his mother's sobs from downstairs as his father is trying to comfort her, even though he knows that it's impossible at the moment.

 

“Today is the day huh...?”

 

He mostly mumbles to himself as he lets his hand rest on his bed for a while. He takes a good last look at his room before he sighs. He will miss this place a lot, it already hurts to know that he has to leave his home and on top of that move into a stranger’s home. Slowly he starts getting up of the bed before he heads downstairs to where his family is waiting for him. The car that is here to pick him up is already outside with two impatient Mr. Kim in it. They let him take his time since they understand his hardship, but they must be feeling stressed since they seem to have a lot of other things to worry about at the moment.

While walking downstairs, he takes one last look around him and listens to his mother’s sobs. When he sees his sisters, he realizes that they are also crying, however, they are trying to hide fight their tears. His sisters are currently losing the fight to not cry and are loudly sobbing along with his mother. He walks over to the middle-aged woman who is fast to hug him and cry for him: she is almost taking this worse than he is at this point…

 

“I will miss you so much my little prince.”
“Mom... I-I will miss you too.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter