Chapter 16

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Omo, what a lovely day!”

 

Baekhyun smiles happily as he hurries to walk over to his window and gaze out over the garden. The sun is shining slightly above the tree tops as the trees' colorful leaves moves gently in the wind. It's late October and the trees' leaves has already begun to fall off the branches and are lying scattered across the garden. Soon it will be winter and everyone will be busy until the Christmas and new year holiday arrive.

 

“I think I will take a walk around the garden today!”

 

Baekhyun chimes happily as he hurries to get dressed. Chanyeol has already left the room and is probably working in his office already. Baekhyun hums happily on his way out of the room as he thinks about the ball he and Chanyeol went to a couple of days ago. It's nearly a week ago since they went to the ball, but Chanyeol has been in a very good mood ever since the ball. Baekhyun wonders why.

 

“Oh, I should ask him to go for a walk with me today!”

 

Baekhyun hurries to leave the room as he heads straight towards Chanyeol's office, but he stops midway as he sighs. He can't disturb Chanyeol while he's working, that's just mean since he knows very well that Chanyeol is a very busy man. Maybe if he asks Xiumin if he can ask Chanyeol if he has time to go outside for a while? Or maybe he shouldn't ask? But... he really thinks it's about time Chanyeol starts to take walks with him.

 

“Good morning Baekhyun-ah.”
“Good morning Chen~”
“Omo, someone is in a really good mood today.”
“Of course! Have you seen what a lovely weather we have today? How can you not be in a good mood today?”
“Well... I don't know, but I know someone who can be in a bad mood no matter what kind of weather it is.”
“Let me guess: Chanyeol?”
“Correct! But today he's actually in a good mood.”
“Chen~ Can I ask you for a favor~?”
“I can't let you call your family without Chanyeol's approval-”
“I wasn't even going to ask about that!”
“Not? Then what can I help you with?”
“Uhm... C-Can you ask Chanyeol if... If he has time to go for a walk today?”
“Ah, you want to go on a walk with Mr. Busy?”
“O-Only if he has time! I don't want to disturb him.”
“I will go and check that for you. But first of all: go eat breakfast. I don't want you to skip your meals that casually like you do.”

 

Baekhyun pouts as Chen eyes him and then smiles. Baekhyun lets Chen hurry away to do his job as he himself heads downstairs towards the kitchen. He better do what Chen wants and eat something before he will go out. Hopefully Chanyeol will be able to join him!

 

***

 

“Good afternoon Baekhyun.”
“A-Ah, good afternoon Chanyeol!”

 

Baekhyun hurries to stand up as Chanyeol enters the living room. What is he doing here? Chen told Baekhyun right after the breakfast that Chanyeol is too busy to spend any time with him and now he's here. Maybe... he's mad at Baekhyun? Oh no, did Baekhyun do something wrong?

 

“You look surprised Baekhyun.”
“A-Ah yes, I thought you were too busy to come and check me.”
“I was busy until a while ago. But the plans got changed and right now I'm quite free.”
“R-Really? Then would you like to go out for a walk?”
“If you wouldn't mind, then yes.”
“I would love some company! I was just about to go out.”

 

Chanyeol nods as he tries to smile slightly, but he looks rather forced to smile. Baekhyun hurries to put away the book he was reading as he follows Chanyeol out to the hallway where Xiumin waits with their coats and shoes. He smiles towards them both as Baekhyun hurries to get his shoes and coat on, just like Chanyeol.

 

“Enjoy your walk gentlemen. Today's weather is lovely and the garden is still blooming for you.”
“Thank you Xiumin. See you later.”

 

Baekhyun smiles brightly towards Xiumin before he and Chanyeol steps out of the mansion and into the fresh air. Baekhyun's takes a deep breath and inhales the scent from the autumn leaves and the raindrops that is still hanging in the air from yesterday's rainy day. It's perfect out here, the weather can't get any better!

 

“You look awfully happy today Baekhyun-ah. Has something special happened?”
“Not really, I'm just having a great day!”

 

Baekhyun smiles happily as Chanyeol starts walking and Baekhyun follows him quickly. They start to walk down the old road that leads towards the forest as Baekhyun glances up at Chanyeol carefully. They have never left the garden when they have taken a walk: so why are they heading towards the forest?

Chanyeol feels Baekhyun's eyes staring at him as he glances down at the young man who can't help but to blush slightly. Omo, Chanyeol just caught Baekhyun staring him! A chuckle escapes Chanyeol's lips as Baekhyun doesn't look away from Chanyeol since he has already seen him blush and all.

 

“You look quite amazed. What are you so surprised about?”
“W-We're... walking towards the forest...”
“Yeah... I thought that you might want something new for an exchange.”
“Y-You said that the forest is dangerous for me...”
“Yeah, if you walk alone. But you got me with you.”
“O-Oh... Well... Thank you for thinking about me sir Chanyeol.”
“Your lessons have really paid you off Baekhyun. You do not only sounds like a noble, you even look like one.”
“R-Really...? Is that good?”
“Well... I don't know to be honest, I don't really care at the moment.”

 

Chanyeol looks over at the forest in front of them as Baekhyun hurries to look somewhere else as well. They both fall silent as they walk down the old road into the forest. Baekhyun looks around carefully as a new smile sneaks upon his lips. The scent from the forest surrounds Baekhyun and the harmonic sounds the leaves and bushes makes when the wind blows over them calms him down.

Baekhyun feels how he closes his eyes for a couple of seconds while he listens to a deer run in the distant and how a bird flies by above their heads. Everything is so calm and peaceful, like it always is out here. The garden to the mansion is really calm and beautiful, but it's nothing compared to the forest.

 

“Baekhyun... Please watch out so you won't walk into any trees if you're going to walk like that the whole time.”

 

Baekhyun hurries to open his eyes as he hurries to not walk straight into a tree he was walking towards. Baekhyun smiles awkwardly towards Chanyeol who chuckles, but he doesn't look that amused. What? Is it really that boring to take a walk in this lovely weather and in this lovely forest?

 

“Chanyeol... You look really bored...”
“I'm not bored...”
“Are you sure about that?”
“Do you want me to get annoyed as well?”

 

Baekhyun hurries to look away as Chanyeol walks beside him in silence once again. The forest around them doesn't let the silence last for very long. The birds sing and Baekhyun can hear deers and foxes run around in the distance. In the forest, it's never quiet. Chanyeol doesn't seem to enjoy the forest as much as Baekhyun does, which is sad because Baekhyun truly wants to walk out here more often now when he has been here. But he's pretty sure that Chanyeol won't walk with him like this soon again.

 

“You went silent quickly...”

 

Chanyeol finally opens his mouth again as he glances over at Baekhyun. Of course Baekhyun shuts up when he knows that Chanyeol won't enjoy his conversation anyway. Also, why annoy someone he doesn't want to annoy if he can avoid it? Baekhyun only nods silently towards Chanyeol who looks back at the forest again.

 

“You're not in a chatty mood today huh? Well you were really chatty before we left.”
“I don't want to annoy you... So I rather stay silent than making you angry.”
“You make me sound like I'm some kind of bad person.”
“You're not that bad...”
“What is that supposed to mean?”

 

Chanyeol's voice sounds annoyed or rather pissed. Baekhyun glances over at Chanyeol who glares at him with his deep brown eyes. Baekhyun holds back a sigh as he opens his mouth to answer Chanyeol, but then he closes it again. What if he says something else that will make Chanyeol really pissed off? Baekhyun is starting to remember why he barely take walks with Chanyeol.

 

“Sorry, I didn't mean to say something like that. I beg you pardon sir.”
“You better beg for it...”

 

Chanyeol mostly mumbles, but he looks less pissed now. Baekhyun holds in his sigh as he looks at the forest. They have walked for quite a bit now: maybe it's time to return soon? Chanyeol might actually be busy but still took his time to take a walk with Baekhyun. Well, it would actually surprise Baekhyun if Chanyeol decided to take a walk with him in the forest rather than working.

 

“Sir Chanyeol, maybe we should turn back before it gets too late?”
“We have nearly walked for 20 minutes.”
“But it's 20 minutes back, right? Then we have walked for 40 minutes.”
“I thought you liked the forest.”
“I do, I actually love it. But I don't want to bother you and take up your time.”
“Don't be ridiculous... I would never take time off to walk with you in the forest if I truly was busy.”

 

Chanyeol sounds quite arrogant when he says it, like his time is more precious than Baekhyun's own life. But when Baekhyun glances over at Chanyeol, he looks rather shameful. It looks like he feels bad for lying to Baekhyun. A chuckle escapes Baekhyun's mouth as Chanyeol hurries to put on his poker face again.

 

“What's so funny?”
“Nothing. Nothing at all.”
“Yah... Do you want me to get pissed again?”
“No I don't, but I want to keep my own secrets.”

 

Baekhyun smirks playfully as he hurries to speed up his pace. Chanyeol sighs annoyed as he hurries to speed up as well, but Baekhyun won't let him catch up to him so easily. Baekhyun smirks even more as he starts jogging while Chanyeol tries to keep up with Baekhyun without running.

 

“Yah, are you a child or what?! Slow down!”
“What?! I can't hear you from back there!”
“Yah! Get back here!”
“Never!”

 

Baekhyun speeds up more as he runs down for the path as Chanyeol lets out another sigh before he starts running after Baekhyun. Of course Baekhyun can't help but to giggle as he runs off the road and out to the forest. Chanyeol shouts after him to come back to the road, but Baekhyun doesn't care. He can find his way back to the mansion on his own without the road.

 

“I said come back here! Geez, why are you being so childish?!”
“Because you're too boring with the whole serious situation!”
“Yah! Did you just call me boring?!”
“I did! You're too serious Chanyeol! Let go of that seriousness and enjoy yourself for once!”
“Yah! Do you realize that I'm super pissed at you now?!”
“No! Out here, I don't really care!”

 

Chanyeol starts running faster towards Baekhyun, this time he's more serious to actually catch up to Baekhyun. Oh , he's actually coming for him! Baekhyun lets out a small, but mostly playful shriek as he starts running more seriously as well. Chanyeol smirks big after Baekhyun who takes off in the forest and rushes towards the direction where the mansion is.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter