Dodge

Dr. Jeon

You’re half awake and your head is pounding. The light was pouring in through the windows too strongly so you grab the closest piece of fabric and bring it over you. You’re curling up into a ball, pushing the pillow away from you, fetal position under the sheets. You’re determined to stay in bed all day to get rid of the numbing feeling that had taken over your body but then you feel someone else move to curl themself around you, their chin resting over the top of your head. , , , , . Completely awake now, you try not to panic; you’re slowing turning your head to the side in hopes that you’re wrong about what you’re thinking.

 

You’re eyes are met with Jungkook’s soft brown orbs. They’re half open and your eyes end up trailing down to the rest of his face where a faint smile laid. And then you freeze.

 

He’s smiling at you and his hand is reaching up to push your hair aside and you’re just frozen. You’re staring at how his eyes are trailing down your face and you’re realizing the look in his eyes while he lets his fingers down your cheek. He’s giving you a funny feeling and you’re bubbling up inside.

 

“How’d you sleep?”

 

.

 

You bolt up, taking the blanket with you as you try to gather all your garments and things onto yourself. You don’t even have time to analyze his room like he probably did to yours and you sure didn’t have enough time to think about what was going on.

 

“You okay?” Jungkook is sitting there with all his glory, annoyingly, but adorably, trying to rub the tiredness away from his eyes.

 

You ignore him and try to get everything together. Your mind is completely wrecked by now and your hangover was gone.

 

“I’m so sorry,” you mutter before turning away to leave.

 

“Wait! Where are you going?” Jungkook was still sitting on his bed and you were still walking away.

 

You ran outside, caught a cab, went home and called for the day off, needing time to think everything through.

 

~
 

“NO,” Namjoon gasped so loudly that everyone in the small café turned to look at the two of you.

 

“Seriously! Shh…” You’re waving your hands over his mouth but you knew you couldn’t calm him down.

 

He lowers his head but his eyes were still too excited. Thankfully Namjoon had the day off so when you called him, he was ready to meet up with you over the huge news.

 

“You’re terrible,” he angrily whispers at you, “You’re crazy!” But the smile on his face says otherwise.

 

“I didn’t mean to! It was just supposed to be a kiss,” your head is in your hands once again and you’re crying over your stupidity.

 

“I need to be a matchmaker. I predicted this. I told you! What’re going to do now? Who should I tell first?!” Namjoon’s voice raised again and you just sigh into your cup of coffee and try to ignore the people around you.

 

“Namjoon,” you grab his arm and try to pull him back down into the seat, “You can’t tell anyone. I didn’t say anything to him about it. I don’t know what to do.”

 

“Well you can’t just sleep with your boss and not talk about it.”

 

Your head rakes over options and you agonize each one of the outcomes it gives you. You didn’t know how you felt about him. You never even had the thought to think of him like that. Sure, you thought he was cute and all, but never had you thought you’d be in the position you were now. But despite all that you say, “I will.”

 

Namjoon gives you a look and says, “You will what?”

 

You look directly into his eyes with determination and say, “I’ll just not talk about it. I’ll just avoid him”

 

He rolls his eyes. “Sure, We’ll see how this works out.”

 

~

 

“Room 4; Patient has complaints of severe headaches and his gums are bleeding. Dr. Jeon wanted a consult from you,” Jane, a nurse, hands you a folder and informs you that you need to go confront the awkwardness that you called your boss.

 

You had been avoiding him the whole day at work. It had only been 5 hours in and you were already being forced to go into the same room as him. You had taken a different way into work today; since he usually came in through the front doors of the hospital, you decided to take the long way through the ER. You even packed a lunch for yourself since you didn’t want to go near the cafeteria. And thank the lord you weren’t scheduled to be in the same department as him today.

 

But when he caught your eye in the hall and smiled at you, you could only duck your head behind your clipboard and try to speed walk away from him. Not before you caught a glimpse of his smile falling from his face.

 

And now, you’re here, forced to face him. Not even a day later and your plans were already falling apart.

 

“Nice of you to join us,” Jungkook says while still writing in the patients chart, not even looking up at you.

 

“Sorry for the wait,” You say to the patient and the rest of the exam ran by smoothly other than the fact that there was a angry doctor in the room staring you down and making notes to the patient about everything you said wrong.

 

The patient leaves the room, for the bathroom, for a urine sample and that’s when he takes his chance.

 

You were half way out the door with the patient but he grabs your arm and drags you back in. Him pulling you back in so fast gives you whiplash and you let out an inhumane sound.

 

“You’ve got to be joking,” Jungkook says with the angriest face you’d seen on him yet. You retreat farther into the room to get some stape from the angry man.

 

“What do you mean?” You forge innocence.

 

He takes a step closer, “You’ve been avoiding me, dodging me, running from me.” He takes another step. “I’ve been paging you all day.” Another step. “I waited for you during lunch.” Step. “Even asked Namjoon.” He’s basically in your face by now and you’re in the same frozen state you were in when you woke up next to him the last morning.

 

“Dr. Jeon,” you tried to duck under the arm he had placed onto your shoulder.

 

Jungkook snarls at you, almost. “I told you, It’s ‘Jungkook’.”

 

“Sorry… Jungkook,” you say carefully, “I don’t know what’s going on here. I’ve just been busy.” You lie through your teeth at the guy.

 

“Don’t joke around. I’m serious here. You were fine that night so I know it’s not like you don’t like me for anything. Why are you running away now?” Jungkook smelled really nice. He was so close that you were getting dizzy from his cologne but regardless of the dazzling man, you tried to push him away.

 

“You’re my boss! I’m apologizing for it. What did you expect? Shouldn’t you be angry? I work under you. You shouldn’t be acting so carelessly about this.” He doesn’t listen to your words but tries to pull you closer.

 

“I wasn’t angry when you fell asleep during my exam when I was sick, I didn’t get angry when you threw food at me, you think I’m angry cause you let me kiss you?” Jungkook tried to get his point through you. “I told you. You idiot. I just want to get to know you! Stop running away from me.” You push him away a bit again.

 

“You know nothing about me.” You say to him again. He drags your body back to his. Your eyes were flickering from his to the door, hoping no one would walk in. 

 

“That’s the whole point you imbecile,” he says.

 

“Don’t be rude. You’re doing this like it’s normal. I. Work. For. You,” you say slowly. “Do you know how much trouble I’d be in if anyone found out I was sleeping with my boss?”

 

He grins, “That sounds bad,” his face is super close to yours that you can’t even look away, “I think you should think of it as ‘dating’.”

 

“I’m not dating you,” irritated, you push his face away with your whole hand.

 

“Playing hard to get?” Jungkook’s huge body engulfed yours suddenly.

 

“I will, legit, bite a chunk of your arm off,” you growl.

 

He lets go immediately but still smiles at you.

 

“Act like my boss please! Can’t you just pretend it didn’t happen?!” You whisper/yell to him before leaving the room.