Date

Dr. Jeon

He walked you to his car, a really nice car you should mention; he opened the door for you, helped you with your seat belt, asked you if you were comfortable with the air and everything, he was a complete gentleman compared to the man you had gotten to work with for the last few months. Jungkook didn’t bother to say anything to you though. It was just a silent car ride to who knows where. He doesn’t even bother to play any music and tired of the absence of sounds, you reach to press the radio alive. You know the song and start humming along to it.

 

“Music,” he says. The radio wasn’t loud so you heard him perfectly.

 

You waited for him to continue.

 

“Do you like music?” Gee, this guy sure knew how to make conversation.

 

“Yeah, I guess so. I use to play the piano when I was younger,” you told him.

 

Silence again.

 

“So,” you try to bring some life to this awkward man, “where are we eating?”

 

“Does it matter?” He smirked, eyes still on the road.

 

“I guess not, I could eat anything,” you said, embarrassed since he probably heard your stomach growl.

 

“I’m cooking for you,” he says. You’re stunned with his offer.

 

You reply back with, “Where at?”

 

“My place. But we need to grab some things at the store first,” he says like no big deal while turning into the parking lot to the grocery store. He says it like he brings home people all the time and cooks dinner for them too.

 

You don’t say anything else but you follow him as he goes through the aisles and grabs whatever he needs. He’s buying veggies and pasta and you’re feeling a little helpless just tagging alongside him that that, in quietness too.

 

The only thing he asked you was, “Do you drink?”

 

“Yeah,” you reply. But you knew he remembers that you do drink since he had taken you home drunk that one time. Flashback to him seeing how messy you really are.

 

He grabs a bottle of wine quickly; he knew where it was so you guess it’s his favorite. You check out and get back into the car, still, in silence. He drives for a short while and eventually pulls into a nice apartment complex, it was seemingly on the more expensive and fancy side but you weren’t surprised considering what a fancy car he had.

 

You follow him out and into his apartment and you’re met with 4 white walls, a really high ceiling, and barely any interior work. The place was huge for being an apartment and everything was neat but it probably was because it didn’t seem like he even owned much.

 

You’re standing there, awkward, not really wanting to go in. You didn’t expect it to be like this. You really thought it would’ve been you two at a restaurant where you could conveniently get a stomach ache and call a cab from but you don’t even know how you could get out of this dinner with him without making it seem like you wanted to sleep over.

 

You were excited about the dinner but you didn’t want to go through with it. You could tell he was treating you differently from other interns. You were always the one chosen to do work and assignments with him or for him. You were his errand boy and you thought it was a form of torture. Now, you don’t know what to think; whether to run away from this over working man, or to stay next to him and try to pry him open from his tight shell.

 

“Hey,” he calls for you from the kitchen. You grip your handbag in both hands and make your way to him, bracing for whatever the night will bring you.

 

“Need help?” You ask him, seeing he already was pulling things out from bags.

 

He pulls out the wine and goes to get two wine cups. He opens the bottle easily and pours you both a glass.

 

He hands you one and holds his up for you to have a toast with him.

 

“I hope you’re not too uncomfortable,” he says before you take a sip, “I just…” he trails off.

 

“Just…?” You draw you lips back away from the glass.

 

“I just want to get to know you,” he says.

 

And you’re standing there, in your attending’s kitchen, a place where you never thought you’d be, just staring into his eyes as he basically confesses to you. And you’re frozen on the spot, with no words leaking from your mouth even though thousands were running through your mind.

 

He sees that you have nothing to say and he just downs his whole glass of wine, pours himself another and then starts cooking. All the while, you’re just staring at him, trying to figure out what he meant.

 

“Forget what I said. You can sit” he gestures to the stools next to the island of the kitchen. You obey. You gulp down your glass of wine too. You should’ve just gotten shots if you were going to drink like this, you thought to yourself.

 

“What do you mean?” You ask him with bravery after the alcohol sets through you a bit.

 

“What do you mean, what do I mean?” He doesn’t look up from his chopping board.

 

“What do you mean by that? You want to get to know me? I don’t understand,” you don’t give up on trying to make eye contact.

 

Jungkook puts down the knife and sighs. He looks up to you and says, “What’s there not to get? I think I like you and I want to get to know you to make sure that I do.”

 

“You… You what?”

 

He lets a smile appear on his face and you almost don’t believe your eyes. You hadn’t ever seen a smile so bright on the doctor’s face before so it absolutely stuns you.

 

“Let me get to know you. Get to know me too,” he directs his smile at you and your heart does a little jump before you feel yourself smiling back at him.