Distracts

Dr. Jeon

“So,” Dr. Kim says while half running half walking with you away from the angry Jungkook in the cafeteria, “You kinda have to tell me what’s going on with you two since, you know, I saved you from him just now and everything.”

 

You laugh and roll your eyes at the cheeky doctor. “You don’t want to know.”

 

He drags you into his office and jokingly looks through his blinds like he’s on look out for Jungkook or something. “Actually, I would love to know.”

 

You’re stuck in the middle of his office half worried over how Jungkook is going to react to another guy pulling you away dramatically.

 

“It’s not appropriate,” you say.

 

He laughs at you, “You like him and he likes you; it’s obvious. Are you still insistent on hiding it?”

 

“He’s my boss,” you say carefully, “I can’t like him.”

 

You’ve known Dr. Kim for a while. He’s always been nice and you could see what a cheerful character he always is. You basically crushed on him for being such a great doctor; maybe not a crush now that you think back about it, maybe just admired his ability to always act right.

 

“Doesn’t mean that you don’t.” And here the highly rational and responsible doctor, telling you to admit the thing you’ve been trying to hold in. You’ve been trying to keep others’ eyes off of you and you’ve been trying to make sure no one really sees you with Jungkook. You’ve been feeling so guilty for liking you boss, for spending nights and mornings with him, breaks and lunches in his office so no one could see you two hang out and make love faces at each other.

 

The responsible doctor convinces you and there you are, spilling all your secrets.

 

“Long story short, Dr. Jeon is leaving,” you walk to sit on his couch and you hands automatically run over your stressed face, “He’s being offered a huge job at Hoseok and… I don’t know.” Taehyung doesn’t sit next to you but instead walks over to his desk and sits on the edge of you, facing you still.

 

“So you don’t want him to leave,” he says; it’s supposed to be a question but you both knew it was a statement.

 

You wait a bit, with thoughts going crazy fast by you in your head, and then you answer, “I have no reason to make him stay.”

 

You look up at the doctor to your side, “What should I do, Dr. Kim?”

 

His face scrunches up and you and see some confusion in his eyes, “You’re this stressed out over this guy and you think you don’t have any reason to tell him to stay? You’re grown. Take some initiative for what you want.”

 

“We aren’t even together.”

 

He gives you a stern look, you feel like a child listening to a lecture but you’re still anyways, “You’re together if you want to be.”

 

You’re silent, his words cutting at something in you.

 

“Do you want to be with him?”

 

“Yeah,” you stand up, “but I’d rather him be successful. This is Hoseok we’re talking about. Not just some transfer to another same old hospital. This is a huge offer.”

 

“Are you sure?” Taehyung’s face fell a bit, “You can’t ignore your feelings like this. You could end up regretting it.”

 

“I’m sure,” you stand up, “Please, help me make sure I let him go.”

 

~

 

Bzzzzzz BZZZZZZZ

 

The phone on your nigh stand is buzzing so loud it wakes you up and with a half conscious mind you’re reaching over to answer it without checking who’s calling.

 

“I’m sleeping. You need to be dying right now you I’m hanging up,” you mumble.

 

You’re so sleepy you barely hear the way the other person in air through their teeth with a type of angriness, “I know you’re grown now but that’s no way to talk to me.”

 

The sound of the voice was like a slap to you face, “WHERE ARE YOU?!” You’re up now, racing to flick on the light in your room and trying to put on a bra at the same time.

 

A giggle is all that you hear and then, “Hey, calm down will you? Your breathing is muffling the mic, I can barely understand you!”

 

“Don’t play with me! Do you know how long it’s been?!” You’re half excited and half angry but you’re still throwing more clothes on to be ready to race to them when they finally tell you their location.

 

“Shh! Calm down,” they’re laughing again, “I’m outside your door. Open up!”

 

You throw the phone and race to your door, with al the muscle you could muster up for it, you swing the door open as wide and as hard as you could, the sound making a huge loud sound but you didn’t even hear it. You eyes lay on the person but the tears forming quickly on the edges of them were blurring your vision.

 

“WOMAN!” You run into your older sister’s arm and her laugh is vibrating you to the core and you’re contributing to the loud reunion with the sound of you crying your eyes out.

 

You try to tell her ‘Where have you been? I’ve missed you so much.’ But it doesn’t come out right and it’s just muffled so much that you understand why she doesn’t answer.

 

“Oh stop it! You big baby,” she pushes your head away from her shoulder, “You haven’t changed a bit.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: MAN IT'S BEEN FOREVER and I'm SO SORRY I'VE LEFT THIS FOR SO LONg. It's been kinda hard to keep up with this since I've had a super busy summer but thanks for all the people who actually checked up on me and everything. NOW that school started again and I'm on the computer more often, I'll definately make it a priority to straighten this story out and pull in to a nice close. 

YAY FOR AN UPDATE FINALLY Ok LOve yoous!