Doubt

Dr. Jeon

“He said what?!” Namjoon had finally gotten a shift on the same floor as you and you two were cooped up in the supply closet, trying to hide from doing any work.

 

“SHH, seriously, be quiet! We’re going to get caught,” you nervously looked over to the small window of the door.

 

He doesn’t change his expression but instead changes his tone to a whisper and says, “Well, tell me?

 

“Well, it’s just that,” you had to admit you were a little nervous about it all. After he finished talking to you, he hadn’t said anything to you after that. He didn’t even bother you to do his charts for him, he did them all himself, locked up in his office for the rest of the day. Jungkook had ignored you even though you had waited outside his office. You just wanted to apologize. How were you supposed to know he wanted company? He didn’t even say anything about it, he didn’t even make it seem like he was enjoying himself. Before, you were utterly annoyed, but now, you couldn’t help but feel bad.

 

“Please, elaborate!” Namjoon got impatient.

 

“He said he just wanted to spend time with me,” you threw your head into your hands, “How am I supposed to know that was ‘spending time’?”

 

“I SO TOLD YOU,” Namjoon didn’t bother keeping quiet but you were too frustrated to care.

 

“I don’t know what he wants! One minute he’s loading you with work and shouting out orders for you to do and then the next minute he’s standing in front of you, drinking his coffee.” Frustration was fueling your rant and you couldn’t stop, “He’s been making my life a living hell, seriously, I haven’t gotten a chance to breathe since he’s been working. He’s been nothing but mean so how am I supposed to know eating lunch with me was innocent? Who knows, I just thought he needed to talk about something and wanted to torture me.”

 

“Girl, he has the hots for you,” Namjoon made a face, “He just probably doesn’t know how to express it.”

 

“If he did, he would’ve said so,” you huffed, “He obviously doesn’t know what he wants.”

 

Suddenly, a nurse opens the door and looks at you two sternly. You both pretend to grab supplies from the shelves and leave hastily, half laughing.

 

“Dr. Hotshot has the hots for you. What’re you gonna do now?” Namjoon teases again before turning away to care for his patient.

 

You stick your tongue out at him and then turn to face your work again.

 

You went to grab the next patient’s clipboard and being reading their health issues. You’re typing the patient’s information into the laptop for the doctor when someone comes to stand next to you. You look to your side to see Dr. Jeon’s side profile, his facial structure looking more perfect than you remembered.

 

“Dr. Jeon,” you say without even knowing what you wanted to say.

 

“Yes?” he answers without looking at you.

 

“Could we talk?” You said.

 

“We could,” he says, but then he turns away from you and says, “But we shouldn’t.”

 

And then away he walks with the patient’s charts that you had prepared for him.

 

~

 

You two didn’t talk after that. Or rather, he didn’t talk. Dr. Jeon ignored you whenever you tired to talk about anything other than your patients and now, you spent lunches alone besides the occasional time Namjoon got lunch with you.

 

You had to admit, you kinds of missed looking up and seeing him there. Even though you were doing the same things as usual since you never talked anyways, you missed the feeling of him there.

 

You didn’t want to admit it to anyone but you felt it.

 

After a couple of weeks of his colder than usual shoulder, you try to talk to him. Not only once but several times. He ignores your requests for days and finally, today, you get a little back for pestering him so much.

 

“Dr. Jeon,” you said, yet for the millionth time that day, “Please, can you just give me a chance to explain?”

 

He ignores you this time. You sigh and follow him as he walks down the hall. It’s mid-day and you’re starving and you can hear your stomach growling but you’re there, following the douche around to apologize.

 

“Dr. Jeon,” you say again.

 

“Stop calling me that,” he says before opening the double doors to the cafeteria. He holds it open for you and an arm comes behind your lower back to push you through it.

 

“Huh?” You were confused.

 

“Stop calling me that,” he says a little more clearly and slowly this time, “Did you not hear me?” There he is, with his stoic remarks again.

 

“Stop calling you what? Dr. Jeon?” His hand was still on your lower back as he basically walked you into the cafeteria. His hand was burning into your back and you could barely comprehend what was going on, let alone the fact that all the staff members in the cafeteria were looking at you two and whispering. You wanted to rip his arm off at the moment.

 

“Call me Jungkook,” he says and pulls you in line to get food.

 

“Jungkook?” Your voice comes out in a squeak and you swear, you almost thought you saw a small smile on his lips.

 

“Yeah, call me Jungkook,” he says. His eyes don’t meet yours and you didn’t care to try to look at him. You were blushing crazily and you knew your heart was beating too fast for it to be normal. You were sure you matched your pink scrubs in color.

 

You silently went through the line and got your food; you automatically went outside to the seats you always sit at and you sit your food down.

 

He mimics you and sits down across from you.

 

“What did you need to tell me?” He asks without looking up from his food. He keeps himself busy with opening ketchup packets for his fries.

 

“I wanted to say sorry.”

 

He gets a mouth full of his pasta and looks you straight in the eyes as he chews. He leaves your apology there in the air without replying as he eats and your nervousness hits its peak.

 

Do I like this guy?

 

You internally fight over your feelings. He’s been a and he’s been quiet; he’s been demanding and he’s been difficult with talking, so why did you even think that you liked the devil of a doctor.

 

He finally finishes chewing and says, “I don’t forgive you.”

 

You sit in shock till he slyly opens his mouth again, “But I might if you apologize again.”

 

Without hesitation you open your mouth to apologize only to be cut off by him.

 

"But do it tomorrow. During lunch sounds like a good time to say sorry.”