Deal

Dr. Jeon

Dealing with him was seriously the struggle. Jungkook was happy and perky one moment and then completely stoic the next. He’d smile at you then ignore you. Maybe that’s why you, yourself, had doubts on what to feel for the guy. One minute you’re smiling back at him and the next you’re growling at the back of his head.

 

“Can’t we go inside?” Jungkook was sitting on the steps in front of your place. He bought burgers and you were thankful, of course, but you weren’t thankful enough to let him inside your place again; flashback to when you had left your place so messy.

 

You took a huge bite from the burger and said, “No.”

 

“But why?” Jungkook continued to whine.

 

“Why do we have to go inside for?”

 

“Are you embarrassed? Didn’t clean yet?” He jabs at you, giddiness lining his voice.

 

You make a sound pft, and say, “You just came at the wrong time. Okay? I’m a clean person.”

 

“Wait here,” he suddenly says before running off to his car.

 

He comes back with a box of popcorn and a couple DVDs in his hand. “Movie night?” He says with a huge smile on his face.

 

“Do you always go to people and randomly ask to come in like this?”

 

But you couldn’t say no to him and his bunny-like smile. He’s all jumpy and happy unlike how he usually is at work and it just sort of brings a smile to your face. The scale of whether you like him or not seemingly tips towards liking him at the moment.

 

Before you know it you’re popping the popcorn inside your kitchen and he’s all sprawled on your couch; the movie paused and ready for you. He picked an action movie and you were actually excited for it since you couldn’t even remember the last time you watched a movie. Maybe a little nervous too since your couch wasn’t fit for two full grown people to be on it comfortably for hours. But after sitting down on it, you find out that’s not true.

 

Jungkook naturally wraps himself around you as if it was the most normal thing to do. You’re pulled into his embrace and you fight the urge to pull away from him but he was just so warm you sort of melted into him. His scent was all over you in an instant and you couldn’t help a smile from going onto your face. He does everything to casually and you don’t even feel awkward around him anymore. He feels familiar.

 

“Ready?” He asks, remote in hand. You nod and he starts the movie.

 

This isn’t the last time it happens though. Weeks go by and he’s constantly popping by your place so often that you no longer fight him about it. He makes himself right at home and sometimes, you find yourself in his place on his couch too. He skips all the rudeness at work now and instead, he treats you like any other worker. Maybe it’s because you’ve beaten him up so hard about it when you’re together after work.

 

He doesn’t just come over; he sleeps over. And you’re sleeping over at his place and you’re sharing things and everything is progressing as if you were together but the thing was, you weren’t together.

 

It’s not everyday though. Sometimes you wouldn’t see him for a couple days if your schedules don’t mix or if he has an emergency with a patient. You had even started to eat lunch with him again and when that happened, everyone started his or her gossip about it too. You had heard all the stories about you possibly being pregnant with his child or him being your older brother; everyone went crazy with the details that it kind of made you laugh. But as the days went by, everyone got use to the two of you hanging out and it became old news.

 

“We eating in or out tonight?” Jungkook is sitting on the toilet with the door wide open; you’re on the bed, tired, since it had been a long day at the hospital.

 

“In,” you tell him, your eyes are closed, “Let’s get a pizza.”

 

“Does Namjoon wanna come over?” Jungkook asks you.

 

You’re half asleep but you answer, “He’s sick. He’s dying at his place, not mine.”

 

“Us two it is,” Jungkook flushes and goes out to the living room to get on the phone for the pizza.

 

You’re knocked out under the sheets before he even gets back and you miss the way he smiles at your sleeping figure. He kisses your forehead and whispers, “Thanks for letting me get to know you.”

 

You only wake up an hour later because the scent of pizza called for you. You groggily make your way to the living room and throw yourself next to Jungkook who already had a slice waiting for you on a paper plate. What a gentleman.

 

You both are laughing at the scenes playing over the screen and your pizza has been demolished. Half way through the movie, right at the Jungkook pauses it out of nowhere.

 

“What?!” You say a little too loudly, “Are you leaving for the night already? Let’s at least finish the movie? Or sleep over or something.”

 

He sits you up straight and has a serious look on his face, “Can I be serious for a second?”

 

That gets your attention right away, “Sure.”

 

“What are we?” His expression confuses you even more than the question does.

 

~

 

“So,” Namjoon starts, “When’s the wedding?”

 

You elbow him in the gut and say, “Shut it. He’s just a friend.”

 

“Oh okay, I am too. Does that mean I get to sleep over and cuddle with you through the night like he does?”

 

“No, really! Help me, Namjoon.” You’re both walking down the east wing of the hospital. You’re assigned the same patient so you’re both wheeling the bed over to the operation room together, walking rather slowly cause you didn’t want to see Jungkook there.

 

“With what? You’re Dr. Jeon’s lady, everything should be peachy. You should be happy,” Namjoon states his point.

 

“I don’t know if I want to be his ‘lady’,” you put plainly.

 

“Well maybe you should’ve told him that before he basically moved in with you,” Namjoon says while you turn the corner.

 

“I’m actually fine with that, really. But then yesterday, he asked me to put a label on us. What could I even say?” Your voice raises a few pitches, “He’s still my boss!”

 

You expected some shock at least but Namjoon barely reacted.

 

“You know something, don’t you?” You stopped the rolling bed and basically pushed Namjoon up onto a wall with your hands on his collar.

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” He laughs and pushes you. He had probably a foot oh your height so you weren’t too intimidating to him, “Calm down.”

 

“Tell me everything,” you bark at him.

 

“Only if you promise me to not get mad. Deal?” he says, reaching towards the bed to start walking again.

 

“Anything.”