Changes in Us

Thirteen Monsters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris had gained all the weight he lost back, in muscle. He could see the muscles peeking out from under his clothing, the same white uniform as always. His cheeks were no longer hollow and gaunt. His eyes became more focused. He didn't shake anymore. He had gotten past the stage where his muscles ached and screamed with each motion. He only felt a slight strain on his muscles when he moved now. He was stronger than he was before. Literally. He could lift his own weight with one arm. One arm! And he wasn’t the only one either. Luhan was unnatural strong. But that wasn’t what was strangest no. It was something far more different, far more big. Kris could fly. No he was not ting around.

He. Could. Fly.

No, he was not going insane. He thought he was too. But Luhan could see it, the guards could see it, the doctors whispered about it and tested him even further. When he flew long black and brown wings grew from his back, sprouting behind him. They were like extra limbs, he could move them like he moved his arms. If he flapped his wings hard enough, they air they pushed knocked guards over. He had gotten more guards too. He wasn’t the only one with...abilities either. Luhan had them too. Luhan could make things fly. The elder would raise his hands, and objects would rise with them. Luhan said it was like he could feel them, in his mind, and they did what he imagined them doing. He didn’t fully understand, he doubted anyone but Luhan did. When both of them first learnt of their new skills, they were immediately out under and examined. Blood was getting drained from him when he woke. They hadn’t stopped getting tested yet. 

Kris thought about escaping. It would be considerably easier. But Chanyeol’s desperate eyes flashed through his mind. He couldn’t leave the younger here.

I’m going to get us both out of here, wait for me Yeol, wait for me.


-


Something was going on. That, everyone knew, the number of guards increased. And one by one, they were hauled out of their rooms. Yixing was the last to be taken. He had no idea where they were going or what was going to happen. All he knew was he was not coming back to this room or hall. No one else had. Everyone, starting, from Nari and now ending with him, was taken away. Jongdae and Xiumin were the last two to be taken. He knew they weren’t dead. He still heard the doctors talk about them occasionally, when he was doing the mandatory exercise. He guessed it had been a month since they started taking people. Two every week. Sehun was taken three days ago. Which meant today, the men in white masks would come again, but this time for him.

It was around midday and he was sitting opposite the door, waiting, when it burst open. He wasn’t surprised, he only smirked as they surrounded him and stood slowly his hands raised. He must have looked insane, but he couldn’t care less. It was better for him that they think him insane. Fear was easier to instill that way, if he had learnt anything in the past years. Look at the joker, that man is terrifying and completely insane. Chanyeol had started doing it too. And he knew the guards were slightly afraid of him. 

“Finally,” He sighed as they cuffed him and pushed him out his room. The guards wore different armor than the ones that he usually saw. They led him down a hall he had never been down, then another, and another. He tracked it as he always did. Repeating the directions like a mantra in his head. He passed empty rooms, rooms with eerily still bodies. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he had a feeling that most of the people he passed were not breathing.

“HELP ME!” Yixing jumped back, gaze snapping to the room to his left. A woman was flush against it, clawing at the door. Her skin was rotting. The only hair on her head was odd patched here and there. She had the same eyes as - as the crazed. She begged and hollered. The guards pushed him forward. The woman wasn’t the only one that resembled the crazed. The more he walked, the more crazed-like people he saw. Some were more gone than others. He realised with a start that this must be where the crazed came from. It instilled fear in him. Were one of them his friends? He didn’t recognize any of them - but that meant very little. Yixing began to struggle, lashing out. The guards seemed to be expecting this, and grabbed his neck, shoving it down. His struggles were fruitless. He was still dragged along before they stopped in front of a set of iron doors. 


They opened. The guards picked him up. Yixing’s eyes widened as he took it in. There was a chair in the middle - that looked eerily similar to the torture chairs he saw on tv. He shouted out, trying to punch a guard. He failed again. The guards only treated him rougher, dropping him hard onto the metal chair and reclined it so he was lying down. They tied his wrist, hips, and ankles to the chair too tightly, and then clicked a metal loop around his neck. He started to fight.

“Now, now let’s not be like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter