Prisoners To The World

Thirteen Monsters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Five and a half thousand subjects, five and a half thousand. And you're telling me we still have no cure?” Jin Mo snarled, throwing the clipboard to the ground. Employees scurried away. JinMo was fuming, his shoulders heaving.

 

“50 trials, and we have made next to no progress. 50 TRIALS AND WE HAVE DONE JACK!” He roared, slamming his fists to his desk. In one furious swoop, he knocked everything of his desk.

“S-sir-”

“WHAT!?”

“Subject 00 is showing symptoms of immunity…”

 

Jinmo breathed in, and out, calling himself with the idea of immunity.

 

“Explain. I thought Subject 00 was worthless - I thought he was to be disposed of.

 

“W-well that was the plan, we had actually thought he died so we were readying him for disposal, since he had no pulse for half an hour. He was in the disposal pile for 24 hours sir and as we were about to dispose of him, he jolted awake. Since then the signs of the virus have been diminishing and his health is increasing in increments but increasing all the same.

 

Jinmo as back in his chair, mulling this over. A smirk growing on his face, so dying really is the only way to rid yourself of this curse. And not only had he found the cure but eternal life as well.

 

“Dead for 24 hours huh?”

“Yes, sir.”

 

A laugh, genuine and greedy, bubbled up his throat and escaping him. The doctors and researchers shared a worried look. Jinmo sounded insane...and maybe he was. But this old insane man just found the possible cure to death itself.

 

“Continue the tests, and ready the next batch for a full dose of the virus. Follow exactly what you did to this one. Do not subject 00 come in contact with any of the infected - or I'll have you become the next subject, understand?”

 

“Understood, sir” he dismissed them with a wave of his hand. His hand reached for the phone, ready to call his brother, but stopped.

 

With this cure he could make millions, he would be the most powerful man in Earth. He would be god himself. He could control the lives of everyone on this land. He could live forever. But with this cure came danger. He could trust no one, not even the creators of the cure, the only person he could trust was himself.

 

Jinmo picked up the phone, instead of calling his brother though, he called one of the researchers.

 

“Bring me the cure…” he ordered, tasting eternity on his tongue. “and virus, from the same batch as subject 00”


 

-

 

 

It has been two months and a half since they had been captured, and Nari began to notice something and she wasn't the only one. They were not here for rehabilitation or for rescue. They were here for something els

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter