Wandering Bodies

Thirteen Monsters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They traveled around the city. Nari knew they were traveling in circles. They had nowhere to go. All of South Korea was destroyed. There was no place for them to live anymore. They were nothing more than wandering bodies, scarred with grief, loss, and fear, with skin made of steel, forged by pure will and strength. It wouldn’t be long until everybody else finally realizes that there was no hope for the survivors. There was no home for them. They were simply wandering bodies with no home to call their own.


“Look, over there.” Baekhyun pointed to a half standing building. “There’s movement over there.”

Her eyes flickered to the building he pointed at. The pale boy was right. There was movement.

 

“It could be the crazed.” Suho murmured, eyeing the building like everyone else.

 

“No. There’s too much movement, the crazed don’t travel in groups. They’re cannibals, they’d be killing each other by now. It’s obvious that it isn’t beasts either. Which means it’s either some new thing radiation has blessed us with, or it’s humans.” Kyungsoo explained voice monotone. Nari smirked. He was sharp, and probably the only other one that knew their fate.

 

“Bingo,” She agreed, perched on a mountain of rubble. “Which Is why we are going to head over there.”

 


Sehun frowned. “On the off chance that whatever is in there could kill us?” Baekhyun, Chen, Xiumin, and Yixing nodded along with him. Chanyeol however shook his head firmly.

 

 

“We’re going there on the off chance that there are other survivors.” Chanyeol rumbled, standing on the mountain of rubble. He hopped off it, holding onto the rod he sharpened at night. Sehun followed, a pout decorating his face as he caught up with the tall boy. Xiumin helped Chen jump down from the rubble, affection clear on both their faces. Kai jumped down next glancing up at the girl he was waiting for.

 

“What if it isn’t humans?”

“Then only one of us dies.”

 

 

 

--

 

 

The sun was setting as they finished setting up camp. They were hidden in a building whose second floor was collapsed. There was a soft fire blazing in the middle and everyone surrounded. The crackling flames sending dancing shadows across their faces.

 

“You don’t have to worry, I’m going into that building alone. None of you will have to risk your lives. Just me.” Nari broke the silence, keeping her gaze on the fire. Kai, who was sitting beside her tensed and his eyes sharpened.


“I’m going in there too. The two of us might have a chance if there really is something bad in there.” A smile twitched onto her face as Kai finished. Loyalty was a trait she approved of greatly.


“I’ll go too, you saved my live. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter