The Light

Thirteen Monsters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
**This is a double update, if you haven't read Chapter ten go read it!**   -----------------------------------      

The first thing Suho saw when he woke up was light, bright, blinding light. He flinched away from, which incited a groan from him. Slowly his eyes adjusted and he took in his surroundings, he was in a room with stark white walls and floors. Everything in the room was made of white. The machines beeping beside him, the door across from him, the chair in the corner of the room, the ceiling, all he saw was white, white, and more white. He sat up, gritting his teeth in pain as he did so. His head spun and pounded, his muscles were on fire. He sat in a stiff bed, the kind you saw in hospitals. He wore a pale blue hospital gown, that hung off his starving frame. He wore pants that were a few shades lighter than the gown and had white patterns scribbled on it. The gown reminded him of the sky, he smiled a little. But that smile vanished when he saw the condition he was in. His arm was bandaged along with the majority of his left leg. He lifted the gown up, to reveal his torso. Bruises lined his ribs and square patches of gauze spotted his skin. A frown tugged at his eyebrows, nothing made any sense. How did he get so injured? Where was he? Where was Kyungsoo? Where was everyone else? How had he gotten here? Who had brought him here? And why the hell was he here, wherever here was?

He slipped out of the bed, padding along the floor silently. His feet were bare and his hissed as the cold floor connected with the balls of his feet. He made his way closer to the door, where there was a rectangle window in the top half of the door, which he found was locked and had no handle. He peered through the window, and stared straight into the room across his. There was someone lying in it. He banged on the door, trying to wake them, even though they probably couldn’t hear him. He banged louder and louder, he even started screaming. The person still didn’t wake up. For a fleeting moment he thought they were dead.

 

“WAKE UP!” He slammed his body against the door, despite the pain it caused him. The door shuddered, but didn’t budge one bit. He growled - and that’s when the sirens went off. Sharp piercing sirens that seared through his head like knives. He crumpled, holding onto his ears. He didn’t know how long the sirens went for but when they stopped his ears rung and tears stung his eyes. He stood on wobbly knees and finally saw the person across from him.

 

Ji Nari…

 

She looked even worse than he did. Bruises marked her face, she had stitches on her cheekbones and cuts all over. Her hair was tied back, and she wore the same clothes she did, except hers were too big and had slipped off one shoulder. She raised a hand to the wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter