7: Let's Fly

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine

Eujin stood in front of Yoongi. “Yes. Eujin's here. This is your dream though.” 

“Dream? Ahh…” Yoongi shook his head. He smiled. “By the way, I miss you.” 

“Miss me? You have Eunjung with you right? We got same face by the way.” Eujin smirked. 

Yoongi became speechless. “Are you angry?”

“Probably. You should seek forgiveness from her. She was worrying your condition. She cared about you. You give her hard times you know.” Eujin made Yoongi guilty. “You made a good job by the way. Thank you. You're a responsible man. How unlucky am I died early.” She cheer him up then.

“Well, if you stay alive longer, I don’t think we will ever meet.” Yoongi smirked. 

“Yah! Don't be too serious. Why? You didn't like Eunjung?” Eujin asked.

“Well, I don’t know….” Yoongi sighed.

“It's okay, Yoongi. Just make sure you take care of her, don't make she cries and make she happy. Promise me?” Eujin smiled and made Yoongi's heart melt like always.

“Anything for you,Cho Eujin.” 

***
“Eujin!” Yoongi waked up. He looked around. Familiar wall, furniture and blanket. It's his room. He stared at the clock hang up at the wall. 1:00 a.m. Then, a chilly wind entered his room from the balcony made the curtain moved softly. Yoongi figuring that someone were there. He slowly getting down from the bed and walked toward the balcony.

It's Eunjung. Head up to the sky. Staring at the stars with a bright smile drawn at her face. Her hair flew followed the flow of the wind and the full moonlight shone brightly in the darkness. Beautiful. Yoongi saw her as Eunjung and it was not for the first time. She may be different from her kind and polite sister but that's make her special in Yoongi's eyes. Make her recognised as Lee Eunjung and not Lee/Cho Eujin anymore. Or maybe, he already moving on.

“Achoo!” Yoongi sneezed because of the strong wind which make Eunjung startled.

“Yoongi-ssi! You're awake!” Eunjung ran towards him.

“Tissue! Tissue!” Yoongi shouted to her.

Eunjung searched for it and quickly came back to him with a box of tissues. Yoongi take one and then get out from the coldness of the night. Back to his bed without any words.

“Are you okay?” Eunjung asked while closed the balcony door making the curtain stop flying.

Yoongi wiped his runny nose. “How can you be in my room?” 

“Oh… Your mother ask me to look after you.” She smiled.

“Look after me? Do you think I am a kid?” Yoongi said with linear tone but with angry face.

“But you're sick.” Eunjung answered innocently.

“Go home. Don't care about me. Care about yourself. You didn't even change your clothes.” Yoongi continued wiped his nose. 

Eunjung still wore the muddy pants and dirty clothes. She also just realised it. She forgot actually.

“But…”Eunjung seemed to refuse.

“ I am a man. Should I ask people's help while I am just got a little fever. Especially a girl’s help who doesn't know how to help herself.” Yoongi sighed. “Back home. You better listen to me.”

Eunjung slowly nodded and didn't dare to lift up her head. She weakly walk to the door. She felt expelled.

“Or maybe you can back here tomorrow for my breakfast. Make sure you cook it by your own.” Yoongi said as he felt guilty with Eunjung sad expression.

As she heard that, Eunjung looked at him and her lips curled a smile. Then, she quickly leave.

***
Yoongi didn't move from the bed even a centimetre. Lazy. Even the sun rose amazingly outside, he still there laying on the bed with the thick comforter around his body. Suddenly, the door knocked. It was his mother.

“Yoongi-yah, kwenchana?” Mrs. Min sat on the bed, her son’s hair.

“I’m fine.” Yoongi answered with a smile.

“No, you are not. You got a fever.” Mrs. Min put her palm on Yoongi's forehead. It's not in normal temperature. “You got runny nose too.” Then, she poked Yoongi's nose playfully.

“It's okay omma. I am old enough to handle this little fever.” Yoongi wiped his nose with the tissue.

“Have a rest okay? Appa and me will handle the office this week. Don't have to worry.” She smiled.

“I must burdening both of you. Mian.” Yoongi sighed.

“It's okay. We understand. Eunjung will look after you. Okay?” She added.

“Wait, what? Eunjung? Omma… I can take care of myself!” He argued.

“Well, I like her. She is kind and sweet. Why you didn't tell me about her? She seemed concerned about you.” Mrs. Min seemed excited.

“Omma, she's just a friend. Nothing more.” Yoongi can't take it anymore.

“By the way, she's already downstairs with your breakfast. I need to the office now. I also ask her to look after you for the whole day. Be nice to her. Okay? Bye!” Mrs. Min ruffled Yoongi's hair, threw a playful wink and left.

***

Yoongi stared sharply at Eunjung from his bed. “Why are you doing all these things?” He sighed while opened up the cute pink container. 

“You told me. Right?” Eunjung answered unconfidently. 

“But you can just ignore it. As you said that we are strangers.” Yoongi started to eat.

“I don't know. I just thought that I owe your kindness.” Eunjung bit her lower lip.

“Then?” Yoongi unsatisfied.

“Well, you being nice after you felt guilty about our first meeting and about your phone misunderstanding. But, it's too much and I feel like I don't have rights to receive too much from you. Meal treats and you save me from danger. Appa used to teach me to repay anyone's help. I do so. I listen to your order. Then, you still being nice with the rental payment. I just thought maybe you did all of these because I am your special one look alike. And that make me more guilty to accept all of your kindness. So… That's it. I want to payback all of your kindness.” Eunjung explained and gave out what was in her heart.

“You don't have to. After I finish my breakfast, you can leave. I don't want to burden you. Arasseo?” Yoongi's eyes fixed on the food.

“But…” Eunjung's words cut as the door knocked.

“Yoongi-yah! Hyung is here~” Seokjin excitedly push the door and entered the room. And he froze as he saw Eunjung. The atmosphere became awkward. “Oh, am I interrupting?” He asked. 

“Ah…ani..” Yoongi shook his head. “Eunjung-ssi, can you leave for awhile?” 

“Arasseo…” Eunjung didn't want to but she still left and shut the door.

***

“Why are you come over? Aren't you busy with your upcoming wedding?” Yoongi asked with food in his mouth.

“Well, I just worried with my little brother. Eunjung told me what had happened yesterday. And…” Seokjin jumped after Yoongi on the bed.

“And you want to tease me?” Yoongi gave him a sharp glanced.

“Yes. A succeed young businessman gone mad in the middle of the rain and passed out in a girl's arms.” Seokjin played innocently.

“And you should add ‘after a lot of people he loves gone’” Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“Hey, you are old enough to receive all of this with no grieving or something like that. Move on!” Seokjin patted Yoongi's shoulder.

“I don't know…” Yoongi sighed.

“You know what. I can't always come over and comforting you like this after I got married. You need to be strong afterwards.” Seokjin being a hyung.

“How about the others?” Yoongi pouted.

“Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook also can't. You know their busy schedule right? And Taehyung, he need to concentrate with his studies and what I heard is he will fly overseas for his further studies. You can't always count on us.” Seokjin wrapped Yoongi's shoulder with one of his arm. 

“Yeah… Mian. I should aware that.” Yoongi sighed. 

“And… Let's talk about Eunjung. She seems interested in you. You don't know how much she worrying you yesterday.” Seokjin smiled naughtily.

“Yah! Nonsense!” Yoongi hissed. 
 
“Well, I know, you like her too.” Seokjin make Yoongi speechless.

“What are you talking about? Stop the nonsense.” Yoongi denied.

“After Eujin passed away, you never care about any girls. In university, a lot of pretty girls chase after you. But you never treat them nicely.” Seokjin explained.

“It's my responsibility right?” Yoongi still wanted to win.

“I know you well, Yoongi. You can just give her a house or your money without meeting her if you want. There are many ways you can do. It's just you also interested to know her more but you still not open your heart for her.” Well, Seokjin won. Yoongi became speechless. Everything were right. “Give yourself a second chance to fall in love again. You guys suit each other though.” He added.

Yoongi sighed. “Okay, fine! You know me well. What do you want actually…” Yoongi rolled his eyes and didn't meet Seokjin's as his ego already dropped.

“I just want you to be sure of your own heart. Even without your ego, you still the most swag man in town.” Seokjin ruffled Yoongi's hair. Both of them smiled. 

“Thank you, hyung.” Yoongi stood out from the bed. Done eating. “I want to get some drinks. Do you want any?” Seokjin shook his head. “Nevermind. I need to back to the restaurant.” 

Yoongi nodded and opened the door harshly. Suddenly, ‘bamm’ Eunjung fell and kissed the floor as Yoongi quickly dodged. 

“Arghh..” She cried.

***
“Are you trying to listen to our conversation through the door?” Yoongi smirked to Eunjung after Seokjin left the house.

Eunjung sat on sofa in Yoongi's room with bruised forehead. “Well…but I didn't hear a thing.” She shook her head.

“You can't hear a thing though. The door was made by something sound proof.” Yoongi sat beside her with some ice packs.

“You should tell me earlier then.” Eunjung showered with embarrassment.

Yoongi put an ice pack on the bruise slowly. “I don't expect you will do that kind of thing either.”

“Ahh..” Eunjung shouted softly. 

“Hang on. I thought you were strong.” Yoongi hummed and Eunjung's heart nearly exploded  as the distance between their face were short. Eunjung can feel Yoongi's fever heat and his warm breath. 

“Your fever getting worse too.” Eunjung cupped Yoongi's forehead. Then their eyes met. The atmosphere became silent. Both of them enjoying their short view. Appreciating the moment even their hearts were beating fast. 

Suddenly, the coldness from the ice pack and the hotness of the fever waking them from the dream. They put out their hand in sync.

“I can do it myself anyway.” Eunjung took the ice pack from Yoongi's hand. Her face turned red and she move away from Yoongi.

“Eunjung-ssi, can you drive?” Yoongi asked.

“Well, I can… but… it's been a long time I didn’t drive though. Why?” She rubbed back of her neck.

“Take my car keys and wait at my car. I will be there after changing.” 

***

“So, where we want to go?” Eunjung asked while her eyes focusing on the road.

“Anywhere, as long as I with you.” Yoongi's lips curled a smiled without looking at Eunjung.

Eunjung gave him a quick glance. “What if I jumped into the water? You still with me?” 

“No. I won't. But I will stop you from doing that.” Yoongi wiped his runny nose.

“Hey, I am serious!” Eunjung just felt that Yoongi being weird.

“I am serious too.” Yoongi glanced at Eunjung in her eyes.

“Okay, let's go the park. I mean, we will go to the park.” Eunjung felt nervous because of the glance from Yoongi then she looked away.

***

“Are you sure that you're okay?” Eunjung asked Yoongi whose nose already read and his body temperature became higher.

“To make it logic, I am not. It's okay. Nature can heal, right?” Yoongi smiled bitterly and stepped out from the car. He wore a thick coat with scarf around his neck. “Come out, princess.” Yoongi opened the driver’s door and smiled to Eunjung.

***

They were strolling around the lake. Yoongi was enjoying the fresh air while Eunjung stared at the ground and kicked the small stone sometimes. She was absorbed in her own thoughts.

“So, you still work at night?” Yoongi suddenly asked.

“Dae? Umm.. Yeah…” Eunjung nodded. “But I take an emergency leave yesterday.” 

“Because of me?” Yoongi continued.

“Kind of but don't think otherwise. Your mother needs my help.” Eunjung cleared . She felt awkward.

“So, I am not really important to you then.” Yoongi said softly yet can be heard.

“What do you mean?” Eunjung was confused.

“Nothing.” Yoongi smiled. “Let's find any seat. I am tired of walking.” Yoongi held Eunjung hand tightly and drag her to the nearest bench.

***
“Are you really okay?” Eunjung asked Yoongi who didn't stop smiling.

“Should I told you whether I am okay or not every minutes?” Still smiling. “I am okay.” 

“Aniyo… It's just weird. You're smiling more than a minute without any specific reason.” Eunjung complained.

“Aren't my smiles make you melt enough?” Yoongi pouted.

“Yah! The fever really make your brain clogged.” Eunjung hissed.

“Yeah, maybe you're right. My brain was clogged.” Yoongi just giggled. “So, you like this place?” Yoongi changed the topic.

“Sort of. I like green view. It's calming. You like the abandoned basketball court more aren't you?” Eunjung asked.

“Who says so? I went there to make sure no one find me. I used to like to be alone but now…” Yoongi suddenly stopped.

“But now?” Eunjung want to hear some more.

“I like to be with you.” Yoongi suddenly rested his head on Eunjung's shoulder.

Eunjung shocked with his words. “Yah… You really something. Is it related to Seokjin oppa? What he said to you? You acted weird after that.” But in the deepest of her heart, she liked it.

“Seokjin oppa told me to be sure with my heart. So, I do it. Ignore what I told you this morning about leaving. Stay here. Okay?” Yoongi closed his eyes. The fever make him tired.

Eunjung can't say anything as her heartbeat out of normal range. She could feel Yoongi's warm breath at her neck. 

“I want to sleep for awhile. The drug from the medicine make my head a bit dizzy. Stay here, okay?” Yoongi hummed.

Eunjung Yoongi's hair softly. “Anything for you, Yoongi.” She whispered. Felt unsure of her feelings towards him.

***

Eunjung only worked at the flower shop now. Her favourite job. She stopped working as the waitress and focus on her new work. It's been almost a week. Playing with the flowers make she felt calm and happy. Since the day when Yoongi became too honest, she didn't meet him either. Or to be sure, she avoided him. She changed her phone number too. Eunjung just thought everything were over and they should back to their own normal life. 

Actually, Eunjung did that because she didn't want to fall for Yoongi any deeper. And the honest Yoongi that day gave hopes to her feelings. She just realised that both of them were too different in status, education and more. They can't be together. And Yoongi never confessed 
his feelings either. He could maybe like Eunjung as a friend not more than that. So avoiding Yoongi for sometimes was the best way in her thought.

***

“Eunjung-yaa! There's something for you.” The shop owner called her name.

“What is it, ahjumma?” Eunjung put out the gloves and put it on the table.

“Flowers. For you.” The ahjumma gave her a bouquet of fresh flowers.

“For me? From who?” Eunjung asked.

“There's a letter there. Enjoy your flowers. I want to check some customers’ orders.” She patted Eunjung's back and walked away.

Eunjung then slowly opened the envelope to read the letter. 

Finally, I found you. You're avoiding me right? Why? Hates me much? Okay, I'm sorry. I used to put you into trouble. Actually, I don’t wanna lose you but, it's your choice to not showing up in front of me. You changed your number phone too. I'm quite disappointed. Don't you see how much I cared about you? Well, even I used to hide in my ego, but still… I am worried sick. Until, Leejun saw you at the flower shop. I can put on my smile again. It's up to you to believe it or not. It's not the end, Lee Eunjung. I will make sure you will back to me. It's sound creepy right? Mian. I just want you to know how much I want you back. I will not write goodbye here because between us, there's no end.

P/S: those are your favourite flowers. I asked the ahjumma to choose them. Have a nice day ahead~

“What the h*ll he wants from me?” Eunjung moaned. But at last, she kept the letter and hugged the flowers tightly.

***
 
It's almost night. Eunjung killed her time by strolling around her favourite park. She sat on the bench which she and Yoongi sat other day. The scene of those wonderful moment played in her eyes.

***

*flashback

“Anything for you Yoongi.” Eunjung then just remain silent.

“Including your heart?” Yoongi hummed with closed eyes.

“I… Don't know… Just let it alone for now.” Eunjung's heart thumping hard.

Yoongi chuckled softly. “As it beats totally fast now. I can hear it from here.” 

Eunjung hissed. “Yah! It's all your fault you know!” Her face already turned red.

Yoongi smiled. “Mianhae.” 

“Why did you become too honest? It's weird. And make me scared.” Eunjung complained.

“It's because of the medicine maybe. I just too weak to become an egomaniac.” Yoongi answered. “And I think should just throw my ego away. Seokjin hyung also said, it's good for me.” Then he continued. “Because I don’t want to make another mistake.”

“What mistake?” Eunjung asked.

“You shouldn't have to know.” Yoongi answered shortly. “I am sorry, Eunjung. I shouldn't burden you but… I like you to be her as you willingly to be here. And I hope you didn't be here just because you owe me.” 

Eunjung sighed. She also unsure of her feelings. “Even it's true. Do I deserve to have you? You're a perfect man while I am not.” 

There was no response from Yoongi. He already deep into sleep.

*end of flashback

***

“I hope you doesn't mind to share this bench with me.”

The familiar voice snapped Eunjung back from the past. She turned her head.

“Annyeong. Am I disturbing your evening?” He grinned.


-to be continued