4: Getting To Know You

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine

Eunjung waked up late that morning. She just can't sleep last night because of the call she made answered by a random man. Her phone also broke down last night. 
She rushingly to work. As soon as she reached there, she saw a familiar luxury car in front of the fast food restaurant. Oh! Crap! Eunjung moaned. Angry to herself. She should just cancel everything and ask for apology as she really didn't feel well that day.

Eunjung walked towards the car. She could see Min Yoongi sleeping in his seat. She sighed then, knocking the window. Yoongi's sleep distracted. He yawned while staring at his watch. Then, he stepped out from the car.

“If I am your boss I will just kick you out from my company. Just where's your discipline?” Yoongi muttered.

Eunjung felt terrible. “Ah, mianimnida. I woke up late this morning. I thought, what if we cancel everything? Sorry for giving you hard times.” Eunjung scratch her back of neck.

Yoongi widen his eyes. “What? Cancel everything?” Yoongi crossing his arms. “Are you kidding me?” 

Eunjung making a confuse face. “Why not? We will end all this up. Easier right?”

Yoongi groaned. “You know what? I am sure you don't know.” He rolled his eyes. “I cancel all my appointments and meetings just for your unsure plan. It's almost noon. And you want to cancel everything, now? You should just told me earlier. Did you even know word ‘earlier’? It does exist!” Yoongi then moaned. “Now, you're wasting my time. Every ticks in my life are precious! Oh! I'm gonna be mad!”

Eunjung bite her lower lips. She was speechless and don't know what to do.

Yoongi took a deep breath. “Okay, let's just stick on our first plan.”

‘This man is unbelievable weird!’ Eunjung hissed in her heart. “Are you sure?” Eunjung lifted one of her eyebrows.

“Aren't my face is serious enough?” Yoongi hissed.

Eunjung shook down her head. Staring at her sneakers.

“Yah! Wait are you waiting for? Your salary will fall from the sky?” Yoongi smirked.

“Yah, you are really….” Eunjung hold back her anger. Cursing silently. She rolled her eyes and leave Yoongi alone. Stepped in the fast food restaurant.
Yoongi gave a quick glance and sighed. “She's totally different from you Eujin. I just realizing it now. How can I look after her while she's way too much different from you? Argh. This responsibility really killing me. A lot!”

***
“I’ll do four delivery. You’ll just wait here, right?” Eunjung approaching Yoongi who was scrolling his phone screen while carrying a lot of plastics of food.

“What? Please, no. I will follow you. I hate waiting.” His eyes still fixed to the screen.

“Of that so…. Oh, you can do delivery too. You’ll do two delivery and I will do another two. It's familiar neighborhood. So don't worry.” Eunjung words make Yoongi lifted up his head. “There's another motorcycle there. You can use it.” Eunjung continued without knowing Yoongi’s face already changed.

“Here's the address. I'm sure you know it.” Eunjung gave him a piece of small paper, excitedly.

Yoongi just look at the paper with empty gaze. “Just who are you ordering me to do this and that?” He crossed his arms.

Eunjung pulling back her hand with confused stare to Yoongi. “You’ve told me last night or should I say you promise me that you’ll do anything for me. So? What's up now? You must be forgetten. It's my day.” 

“We don't do any agreement that told, today is your day, right? So, I’ll fulfill my promise with my own way.” Yoongi's make Eunjung burning inside.

“What the….oh, you really…” Eunjung nearly wanted to curse but she realize that the man in front of her is a rich man. Super rich man. She took a deep breath. “Okay, what's your plan, Mr. Yoongi?” 

“We will use car. Riding a motorcycle is not suitable for my image.” Yoongi threw his annoyed face.

“Car? Are you insane? It will take time!” Eunjung was already angry.

“Waiting for you also take time.” Yoongi take away all the plastic from her hand, opened the car door and put it on the seat. 

“Yah! What are you doing?” Eunjung shouted to Yoongi who already in the driver seat.

“I will count 1 to 5. You’ll get in or not?” Yoongi said emotionlessly.

Eunjung can't do anything than just following. She realized that day could be worse than ever.
***
*Eunjung POV

Yah~ the car is just really comfortable. I still remember the last time I riding a car. In my high school year, one of my classmates’ mother gave me a ride. But that car didn't this well, pretty outside, cool inside. Oh! I wish that I could have this ride every day but not with this ruthless man. I just can't stop swearing in my heart. His behavior just too much. I can't get over him, what he want, I don't even understand. “Yah, I bet we will be late!” I cross my arms. Giving him a death stare.

“No. It's only you.”

He gave me ‘I don’t give a sh*t’ face. He really make me angry. I look to the road in front through the clear glass. I feel something not right. Then, I look to the address. Yeah, he drives in a wrong way. Argh! What's wrong with him? “Yah! Where are you going? We are in a wrong way! Did you ever know the neighborhood? Or you just jailed in air-cond surrounding?” I let go a piece of my anger.

“I know all the road here better than you.” 

He piss me off. I feel like want to kill him. Really. “Should I even believe in you? You're some random rich man, stuck in my life and I don’t know how your heart is? Is you really sincere or you just want to play on me? Did you even bring me to the right place or maybe you lie to me all the way?! You're really….” 

“Shut up. You're over talking and overthinking.” 

He cut my words with his emotionless face. “Yah! What do you want actually!” I started to shout.

“If you're shouting again I’ll just kick you out from this car.” 

Same face. And I totally hate that. “Just drop me off! It's better that being with you!”

Suddenly, he stop the car. “You can go now.” He pull up the handbrake.

“Dae?” I stare at him. He said with serious way. Unbelievable. How dare he drop me somewhere I don’t know.

“Yah, what are you waiting for? We've arrived at the first house.” 

He’s pointing a house outside the car. And I realized that I am mad already. We are in front of the delivery point. Maybe I talk too much as I didn’t noticed surrounding. Well, he use different way, how could I know. Actually, I am showered in embarrassment. Ommaya~ 
“Yah, what are expecting now? I will carry the food, knocking the door, while saying ‘Hello, I am Min Yoongi son of MIN Holding CEO, I am here to deliver your food’. Like that?” 

He’s mimicking himself is kinda funny. But I didn't dare to laugh. He’s staring me with sharp gaze.

“Ah..arasseo. Mian.” Then, I stepped out from the car quicker than ever.

*end of Eunjung POV

***
“This girl really make me insane. She just really different from Eujin. Totally.” Yoongi's eyes fixed on her while sighing softly.

But then there's something disturbing his sight. There's man smoking while sitting on the motorcycle nearby the house. The man seemed jobless and useless. He could be drunk too. The thing is, he staring at Eunjung from the head down to her toes. He seemed enjoy much the view of Eunjung's white bare legs as she wears a pair of thigh length pants. And Eunjung didn't notice that.

“Yah, how could she wear something like that while delivering? And did she even notice what's happening around?” Yoongi worried much. 

Eunjung stepped in the car. “Let's go to the next place.” She just sit back without realizing anything. 

***
“As you already talk too much just now, I want to talk now.” Yoongi talking without staring at her.

Eunjung just rolled her eyes. Didn't care much.

“I want to tell you some rules. It's up to you want to follow them or not. But the thing is, don't make a mess with Min Yoongi.” He added. “First, don't talk too much. I hate it. Action speak louder than words. I hope you know the proverb. Second, don't questioning what am I doing because I always know what I'm doing and up till now, all of my doings are always right. Lastly, prepare your heart enough to be with me. I am outspoken. Don't easily get hurt. Because I will do sarcasming a lot and this is my warning. Just don't cry. I will not comfort you. Never. Any question?”Yoongi asked.

“You're ruthless.” Eunjung also can't believe that word popped out from . But she really mean it.

“A lot of my employees said that to me. But after they know myself, they turned 360 degrees. And I didn't even care what do you want to say about me as your hates just a little dust in my life.” Yoongi smirked while Eunjung make an annoyed face.

“Next house will be at low cost apartment. I want to accompany you. Get it?” Yoongi being nice. He actually worried something like just now will happen again. Well, it's his responsibilities to protect Eunjung.

“Why so sudden? You…” Eunjung words cut by Yoongi. “Rules number 2.” He remind her.

Eunjung hissed. She threw her view to the outside. Sick enough. Suddenly something appeared in her mind. “How could you know all this road? I wonder.” 

“Here. Technology.” Yoongi pointed at the GPS tracker on the dashboard. “You know about it right?” Yoongi smirked. 

“Yah! Are you mocking me?” Eunjung shouted. 

“Well, a bit.” Yoongi's lips curled an evil smile.

“Yah, you….bastard!” Eunjung ended up swearing.

Yoongi chuckled a bit. “Bastard? Are you just swearing?”

“Yah, what's so funny?” Eunjung just confused.

“Aniyo.. You remind me about my friends.” Yoongi smiled. “Oh, I miss them already.”

“A CEO son has friends who swearing? I thought you only hanging out with some elites.” Eunjung being outspoken.

“I am adopted though.” Yoongi leisurely told her the truth. “I don't think I even have the rights to have all the wealth.” He sighed.

Eunjung speechless. She just can't believe it at all. Then, the atmosphere being silent. 

“We’ve arrived.” Yoongi break the awkward situation. Unfasten his seatbelt. Eunjung quickly grabbed the exact plastic on the back seat. 

“Let me carry them.” Yoongi offered some help. 

“Just wait in the car. I’ll go on my own.” Eunjung refused.

“Yah…I told you already…you should…” Yoongi stopped nagging as his phone ringing. “Wait for me, okay?” Yoongi gave his warning stare but Eunjung didn't even gave a sh*t. She just walk away, without knowing what would happen.

Eunjung used the elevator and safely delivered the food. Then, she used the stairs to get down as she doesn't want to wait for elevator. The stair seemed ugly much. It was vandalized and gave out unpleasant smell. 

“Ugh. It's disgusting though.” Eunjung hissed while quickly went downstairs.

As soon as she reached at the end of the staircase, Eunjung froze a little bit. There were three useless men around her age, smoking and wasting time chatting sh*ty things. 

“Oh my god! I'm dead!” Eunjung moaned silently. She took a deep breath and just walking straight confidently. Step after steps. Eunjung make a wrong decision. Totally. 

“Where are you going, pretty? Oppa is here.”

She wanted to escape but one of the man blocked her way with flirty smile which could make people felt disgusted. Eunjung can't do anything but just stood still as the other men already around her side in short distance. 

“Wow, you got nice legs.” All the men laugh evilly.

Eunjung bite her lower lips. Her heart beating fast wanna explode. She's scared. 

‘Min Yoongi, help me!’

***
Yoongi end his call which from Leejun. Something about work. He look around and keep his phone in his pocket. 

“Yah, this stubborn girl really make me angry.” Yoongi hissed while walking to the apartment.

As he walked towards the apartment, he heard something that make he froze.

“Hey, you got pretty face too. Hahahaha.”

Yoongi sneaked in silently. He saw Eunjung humiliated by some trashy guy. He quickly called someone through phone.

***
“Leave me alone!” Eunjung shouted shakingly. She didn't know what to do. 

“No, we will not. I thought you need accompany.” The man said while move near to her.

Suddenly,

“Yah yah yah… Leave that girl alone.” Yoongi walked leisurely towards them. “Don't you have anything to do than wasting time? Or maybe wasting time is your occupation? Oh.. I don't remember there's such job like that.” Yoongi threw his annoying face. With smirk too.

The man staring him with angry face. “Yah! What do you want?” He shouted.

“Just leave the girl alone. She's with me.” Yoongi crossed his arms.

“What if I won't?” The man walked towards Yoongi.

“I am not a good beater. I also didn't know any taekwondo skills. Let's just end this up peacefully? Okay?” Yoongi let out his hand to be shaken.

Eunjung who scared just now suddenly feel angry with Yoongi. ‘This CEO son is really need my lesson. Yah! Just beat him and save me!’ Shouting silently and hold back her anger.

“Peaceful? Sorry, I don’t know about it.” The man smirked. He showed hand gestures to the other man which means, ‘Break him down!’ 

“Woah! What is this? Wait a minute. This is unfair. Two versus one? Can I call my friend too? Please. I am too easy to win over.” Yoongi acted playful.

The two of man stopped while waiting their leader’s command. 

“Just finish him up!” The leader shouted. Then they continue walking towards Yoongi who keep walking backwards. 

“Fine. You want a fight? Okay. I’ll give you some adventure.” Yoongi smirked. Then he shouted. “Now!” 

Within a minute, five muscular man with black outfit came from nowhere. 

“Bring them to the police.” Yoongi said to his bodyguards. 

Eunjung wowed by the incident. She still froze. Yoongi quickly grabbed her arm. “Let's go stubborn!” Yoongi whispered with grumpy face.

***
The car full with silence. Yoongi seemed angry and Eunjung felt guilty.

“Thank you.” Eunjung gazing to driving Yoongi.

“I don't need your thank you.” Yoongi didn't even care.

“Okay…okay… I am sorry.” Eunjung sighed.

“Just that?” Yoongi didn't satisfied enough.

Eunjung sighed. “I am totally sorry. I know, I should just let you accompany me just now. I should listen to you.” 

Yoongi nodded. “And…?” Yoongi need more admit from her.

“And what?” Eunjung asked.

“And not wear short pants for delivering.” Yoongi answered.

Eunjung became speechless.

“You know what? I have to pay all the bodyguards. They become demand nowadays. I could buy a new car with that money. Oh, it's totally a burden. If you listen to me just now, everything's gonna be alright.” Yoongi started nagging.

“Mian.” Eunjung bite her lower lip.

“And now, we are already late for next delivery. They will angry and not pay for the food. What you’ll going to say to them? ‘I am sorry for the late delivery because I am humiliated by some bastard and I can't do a thing than screaming’ that's it? Huh.” Yoongi can't stop nagging.

Yoongi stopped the car for next delivery. “I will do it and you just stay here. Okay?” Yoongi took out the plastic of food from the car and deliver it fast.

Eunjung burst out a heavy sigh. She know, it was her fault. And she should be thankful to him.

After minutes, Yoongi back to the car. Continue his speech. “You should be thankful. The customer is a nice person. He still pay for the food even it's damn late.” He start driving. “You should know and think before do something. Either it's true or not. Luckily, I am there to save you. What if I don’t? Anything bad can happen. And the blame will be on me. You should realize that! Ugh. You should stop being stubborn. And listen to others even some strangers like me. Well, this strangers is nice one. I could handle a company and why can't you just trust me. Ouh, talking to you is just useless.” 

“I am sorry. Seriously. I promise to behave after this. I promise to listen to you, to think before do anything, to become more careful after this and wear long pants for delivery. Okay?”Eunjung begged.

“Talking too much make me hungry. Let's have a lunch. It's lunch hour though.” Yoongi stared at his watch.

“What? But… At this hour, we could have a lot of order. There's no lunch hour. It's not like your office. Just send me back to the restaurant. They must need more staff. Then, we will end this all, you will back to your office and I will back to work. Okay?” Eunjung said out her ideas.

“I don't think so.” Yoongi pouted. “Let's have lunch together. I know you're hungry. Tell your manager that you need some rest. You should have a little bit trauma about incident just now. If your manager didn't give you permission, let me talk to him.” 

“You don't know how my manager…..” Eunjung can't continue her words as Yoongi already put his index finger on her lips. To make shut. 

“Tell me his phone number. I will settle it up.” Yoongi said softly while look into Eunjung's eyes  make she startled and her heart beating faster than ever. 

***
“So how was it?” Eunjung asked Yoongi. They had arrived a restaurant for lunch and Yoongi just finished talk to Eunjung's manager.

“How dare they could not agree with Min Yoongi. Of course he will listen to me.” Yoongi said with proud drew on his face.

“Woah…heol! How you deal with him?” Eunjung insecure as she knew her manager not really a nice guy.

“Well, I don’t know. First of all, he kinda a bad manager after all. He didn't even recognize all of his staff. I have to tell all your appearance before start everything. You should report about his attitude.” Yoongi said like a pro.

“So, you remember all your staff’s names?” Eunjung asked as Yoongi said like he's totally perfect.

“Yes. I didn't sleep for a week at the first month becoming a boss just to memorize their name. Look at this eyebag.” Yoongi pointed at his eyes. A clear damp eyebag.

“Yeah. Mian, I look down at you. You're good boss. Your parents must proud on you.” Eunjung said sincerely. 

“Wow, you're praising me! Is that sincere?” Yoongi's face shone.

“Stop it or I will not praising you anymore.” Eunjung felt irritated.

Yoongi just smirked. “What do you want to eat? I’ll treat. Sincerely.” He grabbed the menu on the table and read through pages.

Eunjung bite her lower lips. The restaurant just too good for her. She used to have a meal in some stall though. “Nevermind, I am not hungry. I’ll just have a drink.” 

“Liar. I hear your stomach growling in the car just now. I bet you didn't take breakfast too.” Yoongi's eyes still fixed on the menu. “I heard people like you didn't have proper meal. Am I right?”

Eunjung gulped. “Of course. The money that we earn not just for our stomach. Rental, daily transport and clothes. All of them need spendings.” 

“That's why you're just like a moving plank. A piece. Lack of food.” Yoongi rolled his eyes. Then, he called the waiter to come over.

Eunjung just hold back her anger as the waiter already there.

“Give me a beef steak and iced latte. And this lady high nutritious meal and tropical juice.” The waiter just nodded and then leave.

“High nutritious meal? Yah…you really…” Eunjung already wanted to burst into anger.

“It's good for your health. I already try it out back then when I am too busy with studies. It's working though. You're working almost 24 hours and all of your job need a lot of energy. Even you didn't have to eat a lot, you must eat high nutritious food to make you still energetic and healthy.” Yoongi act innocently.

“Why are you cared about me much? I mean, the incident just now and..this. We are just strangers.” Eunjung flustered and confused.

Yoongi speechless in shock. Should he tell her the truth?

“Am I? As I told you, I am born with nice attitude. So…” Yoongi managed to escape from the question. He smiled awkwardly.

Eunjung threw her death stare. Yoongi gulped as he knew Eunjung didn't accept the answer. He sighed.

“You remind me about someone.” Yoongi smiled bitterly. “Someone special.”

“Your girlfriend?” Eunjung guessed.

“Kind of. A special friend.” Yoongi answered.

“Ouh… What had happened to her? She left you?” Eunjung asked.

“Yes. She passed away. Because of tumor.”

Then the atmosphere suddenly become silent.

-to be continued 

*author’s note
Hey guys, sorry for the late update. Already two months isn't it? Kinda busy with studies, exams and assignments. I will work harder next time. Just comment your thoughts or any ideas. I’ll be thankful. Keep reading yaw~