5: Restarting

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine

Their meal had arrived after the long silence. They started to dig in. And as expected Eunjung eating hurriedly because of hunger which attract Yoongi's attention.

“Are you looking at me?” Eunjung noticed.

“Yes. You help me gain my appetite.” Yoongi smiled then he started to eat.

Eunjung hissed. “Are you mocking me? Fine. It's been a very long time I didn’t eat something good like this.” She sighed.

“Then, what you used to eat? Fast food? Oh…oh..ramen?” Yoongi innocently being excited.

“Yeah.. Something like that. I bet you only eat at the restaurant.” Eunjung figuring out.

“Aniyo… I eat my Gong ahjumma’s cooks. She's my maid since I was a kid. But she went to her hometown yesterday. So, there's no choice. I don't really eat at restaurant. It doesn't suits my taste well.” Yoongi explained.

“Oh, I see…. You must be a picky eater right? I need to understand rich people's life.” Eunjung continued eating.

“Yeah.. I still don't know what to eat for breakfast tomorrow. Or I will just eat cereal then.” Yoongi muttered on himself which Eunjung seemed didn't care.
 Eunjung's attention change to the television which hanging up in the restaurant. It shows a music show. 

“Daebak. Bangtan Sonyeondan making comeback!” Eunjung exclaimed excitedly.

Yoongi quickly gazing at the television as heard Eunjung said ‘Bangtan’. His lips curled a smile. Watching his friends achieving their dreams was his pleasure. Suddenly, the channel change to another. That's make Yoongi angry.

“Yah! Change back the channel or I will not pay for the food!” Yoongi shouted to the waiter who controlling the television. The waiter shocked and quickly obeyed.

“What's wrong with that? You like music show that much?” Eunjung uneasy with his sudden attitude.

Yoongi just ignore her while making ‘keep your mouth shut’ gesture. “Shhh..”

Eunjung rolled her eyes and watched the television. It showed their great performance as expected. Eunjung glancing at Yoongi sometimes and she saw Yoongi humming along the song, excitedly. ‘How could he memorized the song? The song just out yesterday. He is a busy man right? This Yoongi really something.’ Eunjung asked in her head. Curious much.

As the performance ended. Yoongi continue dig in. He noticed Eunjung staring at him curiously. “Yah, do you want to ask me something? Just be straight. I'm okay.”

“Are you a fanboy? An A.R.M.Y?” It was a silly question but that was what she concluded from what she saw.

Yoongi choked and burst into laughter. Quickly drank some water to clear his throat. Eunjung confused. “What's so funny? I am serious.”

Yoongi wiped his mouth with the napkin and still giggling. “Is it a fault if you want to be a fanboy of your own friend?” Yoongi giggle a bit. Then continued. “RapMon, J-Hope, Jimin and Jungkook. They're my friends or I should say brothers. We grew up together.”

Eunjung froze and speechless. She just excited and didn't believe enough. “You're not kidding me right?” 

“Yah. Did I worth anything if I kidding on you.” Yoongi smiled happily. “You are so funny.”

“Can you tell me about them? Oh.. I am their fans especially Suga! He’s so hot!” Eunjung seemed excited.

“Oh, that kid? I don't really know him. Suga, V and Jin are not included in ours. Mian.” Yoongi excused the truth.

“Ahhh..” Eunjung disappointed and continue eating. 

“Aren't you're too old to be their fangirls?” Yoongi asked sarcastically.

“Who cares, idols nowadays like noona fans though.” Eunjung rolled her eyes, protesting.

***
“I need to the office for awhile. So, call me if you had done working. I will sent you to the restaurant for your night shift.” Yoongi said while driving Eunjung back to the fast food restaurant.

“Ani… You don't have to. I will go there on my own. You help me a lot today. You owe me nothing now. Let's end all of this and back to our own life.” Eunjung refused. She felt burdensome.

Yoongi gazing to her with empty expression. He suddenly stopped the car by the roadside. “Are you sure?”

“What…what do you mean by that?” Eunjung just unsure.

“Well, didn't you feel happy if someone especially a man like me by your side, taking care about you?” Yoongi asked. “And if we end all of this now, I will not be able to be with you.” 

Eunjung became speechless. Her heart beating fast with no reason. Her expression-blank.

Yoongi suddenly sighed. “Yah. Stop giving me your blank face. You got me sick.” 

Eunjung turned to be confused. “Pardon?” Still blank.

“Okay, okay. Just forget about it and listen to me. I will sent you back to the fast food restaurant. And I will back to the office. Then you go to the restaurant for the night shift. After you done working, call me and I will fetch you home tonight.” Yoongi planned all the way.

“But…” Eunjung refused.

“No buts. We will stick on MY plan. By the way, you know my phone number right?” Yoongi asked.

“Ah…yes…” Eunjung don't want to tell about phone condition.

“Yah, where's you phone? I felt suspicious about your expression.” Yoongi being strict.

“Actually…. My phone broke last night…so…” Eunjung didn't even dare to look at Yoongi.

“Broke? Last time you lost your phone and now, you broke it? Oh.. You're really clumsy.” Yoongi hissed. Then he took something from the backseat. The phone which refused by Eunjung last time. He turned the phone on. Setting something in it. And hand in to her. “Take this.” No response from Eunjung. “I am forcing you!” Yoongi risen his voice. Eunjung startled and took it from his hand. She got no choice. “Good girl.” Yoongi threw a wink to Eunjung and then quickly continue driving to the destination.

***
Eunjung can't focus preparing the food for the customer. Yoongi keep coming to her mind. His words, his smile, his annoyed face, his anger and also his wink. The most disturbing words was: 
“And if we end all of this now, I will not be able to be with you.”

“Eunjung-noona, are you in sense? We got a lot of order. Pack them fast!” The maknae Chihun make Eunjung back to reality. 

“Ah..ok..” Eunjung continued her works. But still, her mind on Yoongi.

***
*somewhere where Bangtan at (without Suga, V and Jin)

“Namjoon-hyung, since Eujin omma passed away, we didn't hear anything from Yoongi hyung, right?” The maknae, Jungkook asked innocently while drinking mineral water after a performance.

“Yeah. That's right. But all of us know he is a busy man.” Namjoon remain his positive thinking.

“And all of us know he is freaking upset about what had happened.” Hoseok added.

“So, what's your plan? Our next schedule will be on next week though.” Namjoon asked them.

“I already asked Taehyung to ask Yoongi hyung how his condition yesterday but that hyung say he just okay and he is busy.” Jimin explained.

“So….he avoiding us again?” Jungkook figuring out.

“Kind of. He always like that. Remember, after Eujin passed away. He avoiding us for 3 months. He said he is okay that moment but still he’s not.” Namjoon complaining.

“We must do something, right? We still a family.” Jungkook pleaded.

“I will tell Seokjin hyung and Taehyung about this.” Said Hoseok then quickly gave the eldest of them a call.

***
Yoongi threw himself on the comfort three-seats sofa in his room. He massage his temples. A lot of things happened in a day. It's tiring. He admitted he enjoys spending time with that Eunjung. It's been a long time he didn't feel such happy feelings. Since years ago maybe. His lips curled a smile remembering those moments with Eunjung. In a short while, Yoongi deeply into his dream.

***
“Mr. Yoongi. Wake up… Mr. Yoongi, please, wake up!” 

That voice finally succeed to wake Yoongi up. He opened his eyes, he saw Leejun. Yoongi then lazily scratched his eyes and sit. His sight getting clearer and he also saw his father.

“You may too tired, son.” Mr. Min gave him a kind smile.

Yoongi's eyes already wanted to pop out and he quickly stood and bowed. “Abuji, when did you back from grandfather’s?” Yoongi threw his awkward smile.

Mr. Min ruffled his son hair. “Just a few while ago. I directly come over from the airport while your omma is getting home. I just want to check you out.” 

“Ah… Everything just going smoothly. Don't worry. You must be tired right?” Yoongi change his sight to Leejun. “Yah, what are you waiting for? Make some coffee for us!” Yoongi order make Leejun startled and that poor boy quickly leave. Mr. Min just smile, looking at them.

Both son and father sit on the sofa. Facing one another. Mr. Min started the conversation. “It's been almost a year you helping me out run this company.”

“Yea. I still have to learn a lot.” Yoongi tend to stay low profile. Act, he’s talking to his dad.

“I meet some of my business fellows there. And they talking a lot about our new organization and…..you.” Yoongi already nervous from his father's word.

“Jinjja? Did I make any wrongdoings? I am sorry, abuji. I still learning though. Gimme another chance.” Yoongi pleaded.

“You don't need any chance, Yoongi.” He said with serious expression. Yoongi literally shocked. “Because you are not even fail.” Mr. Min changed to be delighted. 

“Dae?” Yoongi became confused.

“You know what, they said, you're doing extremely well. They also thought, my blood flow in you. You're naturally talented in business.” Mr. Min patted his son shoulder proudly.

Yoongi's lips curled a smile. Speechless.

“You know why I choose at the orphanage years ago?” Mr. Min reminiscing his memory.

“Because of my last name?” Yoongi saying what he thought.

Mr. Min smile bitterly. “I choose you because you are Min Yoongi. I see something amazing written on your face and your mother says so. Even in your childhood, you make a lot of trouble and I feel my decision to pick you was wrong. As soon as I realized, you need more affection from a mom and dad which I fail to do that time, I started to think about it again. Then, I slowly to accept who you are, your interest and your likes. Now, you make me proud and I am so grateful to have you in my life. My decision wasn't wrong anyway.” Mr. Min suddenly squeezed Yoongi's hand. He then continued. “Your father asked for forgiveness from his son because of his past wrongdoings. Would you forgive him?” He confessed while a drop of tears already running on his crinkle cheek.

“Dae, abuji. You're forgiven.” Yoongi quickly hugged his father tightly while his tears flowing hardly from his both eyes. “Thank you, son. Thank you.” Mr. Min said in tears. 

***
“Yah. Why are laughing at me? Did I am too ruthless to cry? I am human too.” Yoongi hissed to Leejun while wiping his remaining tears.

“Aniyo. I also touched by the scene. I didn't expect your heart is that flowery.” Leejun smiles innocently. Enjoying much.

“Yah! Do you think I have such cold heart!” Yoongi threw the tissue in the bin near him while hearing annoying giggles from Leejun. 

“Oh! Mr. Yoongi! Have you check your phone? Because I heard your phone ringing before I stepped in with your father.” Leejun reported.

Yoongi quickly checked his phone. 3 calls from Seokjin and a message from Eunjung. Yoongi attracted to check the message first. 

I am heading to the restaurant now. Just for your information. See you later. –Eunjung 

Yoongi literally smiled after reading that message. Then he back to think about those miss calls. 

“Why this hyung suddenly calling me? What's happening?” Yoongi then quickly gave Seokjin a text message.

Sorry for not answering your call. I am sleeping that time. Is anything happened? Shall we just meet. I have something to tell you. Meet at your restaurant in 20 minutes. I’ll come over. –Yoongi

“Leejun-ah, I want to meet my friend and then directly home. You can leave like always. Make sure your work done. Okay?” Yoongi ordered.

***
“Yah..yah..yah… He is coming!” Seokjin excitedly running to his friends after got Yoongi’s message.

“Nugu?” Namjoon asked.

“Yoongi!” Seokjin excitedly show them the message in his phone.

“As I say… He sleep well.” Seokjin added.

“This hyung never change a bit.” Jimin smiled.

“But… he want to tell Seokjin hyung something. Seemed serious.” Jungkook insecure.

“Who cares. If he want to tell Seokjin hyung, he must tell all of us!” Hoseok well said.

“By the way guys, just when Taehyung will come? His class isn't over yet?” Namjoon change the topic.

“Look! He’s arrived.” Seokjin pointing at the entrance.

Taehyung walked towards them happily. “Annyeong!” Threw his bright smile. “Sorry for make you guys waiting.” Taehyung took the empty seat.

“Someone on a cloud nine, huh?” Hoseok said while gazing at Taehyung.

“Guess what? I got first ranking in my faculty of this semester exam. Amazed? Well, this is Kim Taehyung. You guys can treat me anything nice and…” Taehyung's proud speech cut by Jimin.

“We gathered here not for you. We're here to cheer up Yoongi hyung and not for celebrating anyone who got first ranking. Mian.” Jimin smiled sarcastically to Taehyung then rolled his eyes.

“Yah… Give me a chance to be happy…” Taehyung pouted. “Oh! Oh! I vote for your latest comeback. A lot! You guys should thank me if you win.” Taehyung continued.

“You even didn't buy our album or even watch the music video. You didn't contribute much.” Namjoon added make the others laugh.

“Fine. I need to study… I even have no time for myself.” Taehyung sighed. 

“Yah… Don't be sad. We are here for you.” Hoseok comforting his favorite dongsaeng. 

“Hey… Look! Yoongi hyung is coming!” Jungkook interrupted as he saw Yoongi luxury car stopped by the road.

“You guys stay here. I’ll greet him. Surprise him, okay?” Seokjin control the situation and also the kids.

***
Yoongi pull the handbrake. He took the blue box with him. Taking a deep breath. “Yeah, he is the eldest. He can give me some diligent advice.” Yoongi pull off the seat belt and stepped out from the car. “It's been a long time since the last time I came here.” Yoongi slowly open the glass door. 

“Yoongi! Finally you come! I'm glad.” Seokjin greeted him with a short hug.

“I am happy to see you too.” Yoongi was totally happy.

“Choose a port around there. I will be back later.” Seokjin point at where the other sat then quickly leave to the kitchen.

Yoongi can't even say anything before he left. He then walk slowly to the port where Seokjin ordered. He didn't even realize surrounding and as he walked pass by them, someone patted his shoulder.

“Mr. Yoongi, your seat is hear.” 

Yoongi turned, his jaw dropped.

“Surprise!” 

***
“Oh! I miss you guys a lot!!!” Yoongi exclaimed excitedly after sat on his seat.

“We miss you too.” Seokjin came to them with their meal then sat with them.

“So, whose birthday is today?” Yoongi excitedly asked while the other turn to be confused. “Why? We used to gather for any of us birthday right?” Yoongi blurred.

“But… We gather for you.” Jungkook told him.

“Waeyo?” Yoongi asked innocently. 

They exchanged glances. And Namjoon then explained everything.

“Ouh… That thing. Well, time will heal. I am okay now.” Yoongi smiled. “Thank you for concerning  about.” He added and smile again.

“You're not avoiding us like in the last time right?” Jimin asked.

“Avoiding? Yah! I am almost 30. I can think wisely. Aigooo…” Yoongi hit Jimin with the spoon.

“Well, can't you see, Yoongi hyung face since earlier. Too much delight. It's weird.”  Taehyung told everyone. “Can't you guys see?” Taehyung added as no response from anyone.

“What had happened hyung? Tell us the happy news. We want to know too.” Jungkook pleaded.

“You know what. Meeting you guys is the happiest moment in my life. Just who not happy?” Yoongi gave his gummy smile.

“We all know that.” Seokjin said with proud face.

“Stop it hyung. It's too much. Can we just eat?” Jimin seemed hungry. 

“Let's us! Seokjin hyung treat us anyway!” Hoseok exclaimed happily.

“It's for the last time before I am married anyway. Enjoy!” Seokjin smiled broadly.

***
“Yoongi, what's this box for? You bring since earlier.” Seokjin asked as he almost sat on it.

“Ah… That blue box.” Yoongi stopped eating and took the box to him.

“Woah! Is that a gift? Hyung, hyung, I got first rank in the semester exam! Did you…” Taehyung's excited words cut by the maknae as Yoongi's face turn to something serious. Everyone became aware.

“Shhh…” Jungkook seemed annoyed.

Yoongi took a deep breath. “As everyone already here. I will tell you guys.” He opened the box and let Seokjin who sat beside him discover what's in it. “This box was from Mrs. Cho.  About her another daughter.” Yoongi then slowly explained everything and just ignore the gasp from the other.

After done explaining, everyone focused what's inside the box. Reading the letter, staring at the pictures and listening to the voicemails. Yoongi just let them be. 

“Heol, I felt goosebumps already. Freaking scary though. I thought it only happened in the television.” Hoseok said and the other agreed. Yoongi just smiled bitterly.

“It must be hard. Right, hyung?” Taehyung patted his hyung shoulder.

“You still didn't tell her a thing up till now?” Jimin asked.

“No. I just want to make sure she's the real Eunjung and if the exact time comes, I will tell her everything.” Yoongi explained.

“She will hurt more after knowing the truth.” Taehyung added.

“Well, reality is not just about rainbows.” Yoongi's words way too deep to the others as they became speechless.

“So, how's Eunjung? As nice as her twin?” Seokjin managed to control the awkward situation.

“Eunjung? She got the naïve and smart gene too. But she's way totally different from Eujin. Stubborn, rough and cursing well. Oh! She's an A.R.M.Y too.” Yoongi let out his thoughts.

“Wow! Daebak! It's become exciting.” Hoseok and Jimin in excitement.

“She seems like Eujin's contra.” Namjoon commented.

“They even didn't know each other well. They separated in such young age though.” Seokjin added.

“Hyung, didn't you fall for her?” Jungkook who only remain silent since earlier came out with the unanswerable question. Everyone looking at him while his face being innocent.

Yoongi smiled. “Of course, not. She's my responsibility and I will just guarding her not more than that. I am sure my parents will not let me dating with someone poor. And she will definitely hates me after knowing what had happened between me and Eujin. Don't worry too much, maknae.” Yoongi tapped Jungkook's shoulder then his face changed.

Jungkook what to ask some more questions but Seokjin shake his head as he knew the question was not easy to be answered.

Suddenly, Yoongi's phone rang. It's Eunjung. Yoongi then answered privately far from them. As Yoongi walked away…

“Yah! Jungkook why you asked him that type of question?” Namjoon seemed angry.

“It's relieved that Yoongi hyung answer while still smiling.” Hoseok added.

“What's wrong with that question? I'm just asking.” Jungkook bite his lower lips. Guilty.

“It's not wrong but Yoongi may think that he's an easy guy. Desperately loving someone who look alike his Eujin. That's pathetic.” Seokjin explained well. “But, I know, sooner or later, he will fall for Eunjung.” Seokjin added his thoughts.

“Yea. Because, Yoongi hyung never treat a girl nicely since Eujin passed away.” Taehyung agreeing.

***
“Guys, she's coming.” Yoongi said as he sat on bis seat.

“Who?” They asked.

“Eunjung.” Yoongi answer shortly.

“Heol! I am excited anyway!” Hoseok exclaimed.

“I am kinda nervous actually.” Taehyung sipped his drinks.

“Just make sure you didn't even talk about Eujin. Okay?” Yoongi dealing with them.

***
Eunjung hurriedly walked to Yoongi. “Sorry, I'm late. I lost while searching this place…..” Her sight change to the others. Her jaw dropped. “OMO! Daebak! Jinjja daebak! It's Bangtan! Rap Monster! Jungkook! J-Hope! Jimin! OMO!” Excited, shocked and nervous. Eunjung don't know what she feels that time. “Why you didn't tell me they were with you. At least I can preparing myself.” Eunjung whispering to Yoongi but still can be heard clearly by everyone. Yoongi just rolled his eyes. Disgusted.

“Seokjin hyung, I think we should join Bangtan. Because I feel like a waste now.” Taehyung being jealous. 

Eunjung heard Taehyung and panic in sudden. “Ah…jesonghamnida, jesonghamnida. I unaware.” Eunjung rubbed her hair and bowed to Taehyung and Seokjin.

“Yah… It's okay... You don't have to.” Seokjin being nice.

“Eunjung, these are my ‘brothers’. Seokjin hyung, the owner of this restaurant, Taehyung, a university student, Jimin, Jungkook, Namjoon and Hoseok who you already know. And guys, this is Lee Eunjung.” Yoongi introduced them to each other. Eunjung bowed and nervously took the seat beside Taehyung, facing Yoongi while staring at all the unfamiliar faces.

“I never thought Yoongi will have a bunch of good looking friends. I am speechless already. All of you are freaking handsome.” Eunjung being honest writing smile on their faces.

They really had an enjoyable moment.

***
“Gomawo.” Eunjung said softly to driving Yoongi.

“For what?” Yoongi didn't even gave her a glance.

“For today and everything.” Eunjung's lips curled a smile. 

“Especially introduce you to Bangtan?” Yoongi playing hard.

“Well, it's awesome though knowing them in person. But that's not it. I know, you understand what I am saying. You just playing with your ego.” Eunjung pouted in protest.

“Don't be too proud. You still don't know me well.” Yoongi being himself. 

Eunjung replied him with tainted smile. “But still, thank to you. I thought today gonna be worse, but it ended up nicely.”

Yoongi just smile.

“You know what, everyday I’ve been praying that my life would be better day by day. Even it's only improve 0.001%, I still feel that I’m doing well. It's ridiculous right?” Eunjung expressed her thoughts. Yoongi managed to remain silent. “My father have said, when we still a kid, we always dream for something unbelievable although the thing we only have back then was believe. When we becoming an adult, we used to lost hope if something bad happens. We didn't believe in ourselves anymore.” Eunjung sighed. 

“Because while we still a kid, we don't know how hard life could be, how painful life could be. So, we tend to live in our imagination and dreams.” Yoongi added. 

“Kureyo. Sometimes, I feel like to turn back time. Where I can still live in my dreams around my family. Appa, omma, unnie and me still together having a happy life.” Eunjung confessed while hold back her tears.

“You're still lucky.” Yoongi wanted to comfort her. “I lost my parents since born, sent to the orphanage and growing up as a little rascal.” Yoongi added. “People always look at the other in seeable side. Their pains, backgrounds and hard times, no one could know. You should just be grateful of what you already have. Then you'll be happy. Arachi?” Yoongi ruffled Eunjung's hair which make she smile.

“Arasseo. I still don't understand your attitude though. How could you be ruthless and noble man in a time? You're simply weird.” Eunjung hissed.

“Yeah. I told you. You still don't know me well.” Yoongi smiled proudly and suddenly stopped his car by the roadside. It's a park. “Let's take some fresh air. Shall we?” Yoongi threw his gummy smile covering his nervous as he wanted to reveal the truth to Eunjung.

***
“So..why so sudden?” Eunjung just felt weird why suddenly Yoongi ask for a walk.

“Dae? Ah…” Yoongi don't know what to say.

“Oh! Rules no.2! I forgot. Mian.” Eunjung said as she noticed that Yoongi having difficulty to say a word.

Yoongi just remain silent.

“Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?” Eunjung asked.

“Ah..aniyo…” Yoongi shake his head. “I just recalling some memories in here.” He looked around.

“You used to come here?” Eunjung insecure.

“A lot. When I sulking with my parents. I run to here. Facing the lake and yelling uncontrollably. Then, I will fall asleep there, at the bench and sometimes I won't sleep at all. Such a jerk right?” 

“You didn't share with your friends?”

“I won't. I just don't want to seemed as a weak in front of them. They're having a hard life too. It will a burden if I stress out everything to them. We rarely share problems. We share happiness and joyous. Those are more exciting.”

“Your ego is just too much.” Eunjung hissed.

“So, you compliment me with ego? I will make you regret by saying that!” Yoongi warned.

Eunjung ignored. “I will? Let's see.” 

“Well, I always talk about myself. Won't you want to tell something about yours?” He pretended to don't know.

“My life was not complicated as yours. I have a complete family until I am five. My parents divorced and my mom brought along my unnie with her. And I live with my father. He passed away in my high school year because of an accident while working. The moment after appa's funeral ended, I don’t feel wanted to live anymore. That time, I cried a lot and do something like you. Yelling facing the lake. I almost commit suicide there. It's hard for me. But, something win over it. I saw omma and unnie, smiling at me. It help me to stay alive. They are reason why I need to stay alive.” 

“So, you know where they are at?” Yoongi shakingly asked. He knows that time wasn't accurate to tell everything.

“Molla. I'm just too timid to meet them. But I believe they still remember me and miss me. You can call me whatever you want. I know, it's sound horrible. Wishing for something you didn't put an effort on. I scared of unknown. Such a coward, right? Sometimes, I think about what might happened to them such as death. If they so, I will just die too. I have no reason to live anymore.”

“Yah! Why are talking about death and such thing! It's scares me.” Yoongi planned to not tell her a thing then.

“Jinjjaro? Then I promise to talk about it often.” She gave a naughty smile.

“You're really no joke. Gosh!” Yoongi hissed.

“By the way…” Eunjung pull out her hand to Yoongi. “Let's start over, shall we? Our intro is not really good.” 

Yoongi nodded and shakes her hand. “Okay, my name is Min Yoongi. An adopted child of MIN Holding owner. I am 28. How about you?”

“I am Lee Eunjung. A multitasker. Working 24/7 days and nights. 28 too. We are chingu then.” 

Then, everything just about to start.