2: A Timid Pigeon

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine

Eunjung entered her small house. She live in a low cost house on the rooftop. That's all she afford. She threw herself on her cheap couch. She's totally tired. In the morning, she will work as a delivery girl for a fast food restaurant. At night, she will be a waitress. On weekend, she will work at the flower shop. She need to earn money a lot to pay the house rent and her daily life.
Phone ringing sound disturbing her nap. She took out her phone but the ringing was not from it. It must be from the man's phone, she thought. As she took out from her bag, the phone stop ringing. It's really an expensive phone which she didn't even can't name it. She could only see there's a bitten apple logo at the phone’s back.

“The man must be damn rich.” She hummed.

Eunjung want to discover the phone as the phone didn't even locked. But she didn't want to take any risk. “Just don't make a mess with rich people. You're moneyless, Eunjung.” She remind herself. Then, she kept the phone back to her bag and continue sleeping without even change her clothes.

***
On the next day

Yoongi still can't think well. He keep absorbed in his own thoughts.

“Mr. Yoongi, is everything okay?” Leejun just worried looking at his quiet boss.

Yoongi didn't gave any response. He suddenly stood up, grab his car key and walk towards the door wanna leave.

“Mr. Yoongi! Where are you going?” Leejun asked panickly.

“I’ll be back later.” Yoongi then rushingly leave.

***
Yoongi drove quickly to the yesterday's restaurant. He want to meet the waitress again. To clear everything in his mind.

As soon as he reached there, he stepped in the restaurant and meet the one at the counter. 

“Yes, sir. Need any help?” The cashier asked.

“Can I meet the waitress who in duty last night?” 

“Ouh, Eunjung? Sorry, she's not here now but….” The cashier didn't finished his words yet Yoongi thanked him and leave to his car.

“What's wrong with people nowadays? No patience.” The cashier hissed.

***
Yoongi get into his car. He sighed again. “What I am doing actually? Oh, I’ve go mad now! I should just throw those thing away from my mind!” Yoongi drove back to his office then.

***
Eunjung parked her motorcycle in front of the building.

“MIN Holdings.. Yeah.. That's right.” Eunjung reading the big board at the building. She had to deliver food there.

As she put off her helmet suddenly there was a security approaching her.

“Miss, you can't park your vehicle here.” The security seemed angry.

“But… I am delivering food… It will not be long… Pleaseee..” Eunjung asked cutely. The parking lot just too far for her. 

“No, buts… Or you will be fined!” The security being serious.

Eunjung sighed. “Okay, jesonghamnida.” She bowed and get back on her motorcycle leaving to the parking lot.

Eunjung bring with her the food, walking weakly to the entrance. Suddenly there's an expensive car almost wanna to hit her. Eunjung was totally shocked. She froze angrily. “Yah! Did rich people didn't have eyes?”

The car parked at the place where Eunjung stopped her motorcycle before being expelled. And that's make Eunjung more fired inside. “So, that parking just for luxurious car? What the hell is the rules!?” 

Eunjung continue walking across the road. She saw someone stepping out from the car. Her eyes widen as the man was the one who left his phone at the restaurant the other day. “Woah, daebak. It's fate or what?” 

Eunjung tailing the man. The man walked very fast which Eunjung with a lot of food in her hand cannot chase. She just keep walking until reach the office. Suddenly…

“Eunjung? Is that you?” 

Eunjung turn to the voice owner. make an ‘o’ shape. “Leejun?”

Eunjung stared him from the head down to the toes. Buttoned shirt, tie and leather shoes. “You work here?”

Leejun shorten their distance. “Yes. Just a employee. How about you, why are you here?”

“Me?” Eunjung just embarrassed to tell her job to her high school classmate. “I delivering food.” Eunjung smiled bitterly while show Leejun the plastic of food in her hands. “I am not successful like you.”

“Yah, don't say like that. I just an assistant. Well, your grades in high school much better than me.” Leejun wanna comfort his friend.

“I didn't have money for further studies. Well, I am happy with this job.” Eunjung smile hiding her sadness.

“Are you searching for people? I can help you.” Leejun tried to change the topic.

Eunjung take out the customer details. She actually at the wrong floor. “Nevermind, I can manage it myself.”

“If that so….” Leejun can't continue his words as suddenly his boss came from nowhere.

“Leejun! I didn't pay you for chatting! Did your work done?” He shouted behind Eunjung as he didn't know who Leejun speaking to.

Leejun smile innocently while Eunjung just too afraid to look at Leejun’s boss. 

“Meet me at my room.” Then he walked pass by them without even gazing at them and left.

Eunjung just shocked. “He is your boss?” 

“Talk to you later, Eunjung. Bye!” Leejun then rushingly leaving Eunjung.

“The rich reckless man is Leejun boss? Oh, everything is just miserable.” Eunjung hummed.

***
Eunjung rest at the staff room after the long journey. She took out ‘the man’s’ phone. Staring at the blank screen. “Should I directly give him this phone or I will just pass it to Leejun? Did he will be angry? No, he the one who reckless. Argh… He just too rich to have a talk with me. Aish..”

Suddenly, someone snatch the phone from Eunjung hand. “Wow, new phone?”

Eunjung hissed. It's Chihun, the maknae of the workers there. “Yah! Chihun! Give it to me!”
Chihun just ignored and enjoy discovering the phone. “Chihun-ah, that's not mine.” Eunjung tried to get back the phone but Chihun just too tall to her.

“Then, where you got this?” Chihun asked. 

“The man left it at the restaurant, I just wanna help.” Eunjung still trying hard to snatch it away.

“Wow, noona, it's your friend from high school?” Chihun already opened up the gallery of the phone.

Eunjung just confused. “I don't know him either.”  She hummed.

“You had cheek in the past. And you seemed tanned so much now.” Chihun chuckles. “You look prettier in black hair though.” 

Eunjung speechless. How can her picture in the unknown man phone?

“Is it your boyfriend? Well, you guys seemed close. Wow, you hang out with a lot of boys in high school. I see…” Chihun continue his compliment. He enjoyed much.

Eunjung can't control her feels. She just nervous. Then, she harshly snatch the phone from that boy’s hand. “Yah… I didn't finish yet!” Chihun sighed.

“Chihun, stop it!” Eunjung seemed angry. “Mianhae, noona.” Chihun pouted. “I didn't meant to make you angry.” Then, Chihun leave the room.

After she cannot see Chihun figure anymore, Eunjung quickly look into the phone. Yes, Chihun was right. There's she in the picture if see it through in one glance. The girl in black hair, round face and pale. Eyes, nose, smile and even ear totally like her. There's only a person come in her mind.

“Could it be….. Oh, no! I should not hoping too much.” She hummed with a lot of questions playing in her mind.

***

Yoongi sighed while sit back on his seat in his office. He went back to his car just now because he searched for his phone. Cannot be seen nowhere. Suddenly, his door room knocked. It's Leejun.

“Sir, here the document you wanted.” Leejun put the document on the table.

“Ah.. Arasseo. Thank you. By the way, Leejun, did you see my phone?” Yoongi asked.

“Why should I know where your phone is, sir?” Leejun lifted one of his eyebrows.


“Aish… Okay, okay, you may leave now. Pray for my phone to be with right person.” Yoongi totally worried.

***
Eunjung felt not right. She just cannot calm. Somethings distracted her mind. She managed releasing her worries. Then, she managed to call her mother. She dialing the phone number and wait for some second. The called was not answered. Her expression seemed already used to it. The beep sound for voicemail appeared and Eunjung started talking.

Eunjung ended the voicemail and sighed. She still figuring out what to do.

***

Yoongi enter his car wanna back home. Suddenly he heard beeping sound.

“Where's the sound come from? It's my phone?” Yoongi look around in his car. He had a strong feeling about the blue box. 

He opened the box. Well, he's right. The phone in the box beeping. Yoongi took the phone to his hand. The screen show,

“You've got 1 miss call and 1 voicemail.”

Yoongi opened the miss call entry. He startled as all the miss call were from the same number. “Yah, it's scary.” Then he opened the voicemail box. Also from the same number. His eyes widen. “Did this person even know that Mrs. Cho already pass away?”  

Then Yoongi opened the latest voicemail. He listen to it passionately. It's a girl’s voice.

“Omma, I didn't feel good now. Something’s just not right. Are you in good condition? I am worried too much right? Omma, I meet a random man. He quite scary because he's too rich. There's something about him. I just felt suspicious. Everything will alright right?”

Yoongi just ended up to be confused. “Omma? Could it be…Eu..Eujin? Oh..not again. She maybe just a delusional girl who used to call people randomly. It's definitely not Eujin. I should stop thinking of it. Huh~” Yoongi just too lazy to think about unimportant stuff that could bring him crazier.

***
Eunjung enter the restaurant. Started her shift duty. She bowed to the restaurant’s owner, the cashier. 

“Annyeong!” Eunjung greeted happily.

“Hey, Eunjung! You're early today. Have some rest first.” The man really nice to all his workers.

“Ah… Kamsahamnida.” Eunjung bowed again and walking towards the staff room.

“Oh, Eunjung. There's a man search for you this morning. He seemed desperate to meet you.” The information make Eunjung startled. “A..arasseo.” Eunjung replied.

***
*Eunjung POV

Oh no! The man must search for his phone. He desperate to meet me? Of course he is. The phone totally expensive. Oh, I’m dead! I must meet him at his office tomorrow and finish all this miserable things. I felt as a sinner keeping the phone. What he will did to me, I should face it. There's Leejun too. He will help me. Yeah, don't worry Eunjung. Wait a minute, I can investigate who he is to Eujin too. And maybe, my dream to meet omma and Eujin will come true. Oh, I must just keep my chin up and chill.

*end of Eunjung POV

***
Next day. Eunjung wearing something neat even with delivery motorcycle and the ugly helmet. She already ready to meet the rich man.

Eunjung parked the motorcycle at the right place and calmly enter building. The atmosphere didn't even change still like yesterday. She went to office department and looking around like a kid who lost in shopping complex. Suddenly someone approaching her.

“Miss, can I help you?” The one of the officer asked her. Seemed friendly much.

“Oh, where I can meet Mr. Min Yoongi?” Eunjung already discover the rich man's full name from the internet.

“I’m sorry but did you already make an appointment?” She asked some more.

Eunjung bite her lower lips. She just forget that she will gonna meet with someone important which totally busy. “Actually, I don't.” Eunjung still didn't gave up. “I just want to meet him for awhile.” 

“Mr. Yoongi currently having a meeting. He will be here in minutes. Can you wait for him?” The woman smiled.

“Arasseo.” Eunjung nodded. Then she followed the woman to the waiting room. Eunjung then left there alone, the woman seemed busy. Eunjung just felt nervous. Wondering what the rich man will react.

***
Yoongi quickly put off his blazer and gave it to Leejun after the meeting. He really didn't comfortable in it. If he can wear a tee to work, he will be the happiest one. Even in high school, he rarely wore the blazer. Formal thingy is not Yoongi style. As Yoongi almost reached his room, one of his workers approaching.

“Mr. Yoongi, someone is waiting for you.”

“Nugu? I didn't have any appointment today.”

“I don't know. She really wanted to meet you.” 

“Okay. Tell her to meet in my room.”

Yoongi stepped in his room. Reading some proposals while waiting the guest. Then, the door was knocked.

“Come in.” Yoongi's eyes still fixed on the document. After he heard the stepped sound towards him. He lift up his head.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Eunjung bowed 90 degrees.

Yoongi startled. Yoongi recognize the girl who make him half crazy. With Eujin face and smile, he can't stop himself staring at her deeply.

Eunjung realize that Yoongi staring her deeply. She just acted normal even her heart was totally shaking. 

“Jesonghamnida, I just want to give you back your phone.” Eunjung put the phone on the table.

Yoongi took the phone to his hand. He just speechless a lot.

“That day, you left it at the restaurant. I am the waitress that time. Do you remember?” Eunjung smiled awkwardly. Yoongi didn't replied a thing. Then, she continued. “I want to give back to you earlier but well, today is the day.” Eunjung gave an awkward smile again.

“Just who are you?” The question suddenly popped out from Yoongi. He just insecure why she got that face.

“Oh, I forget to introduce myself, right?” Eunjung continued. “My name is Lee Eunjung. Nice to meet you.” 

Yoongi sighed. He fed up. “You can leave now.” 

“Dae?” Eunjung felt like she was expelled.

“I said, leave now.” Yoongi said it in serious way.

***
*Eunjung POV 

He expelling me? He didn't even say thank you or any appreciation. Such an arrogant man. I know that I am just a waitress, poor. But as a rich man, he couldn't treat me that way. Argh! I hate rich people! I admit that he is good looking but it doesn't mean that he have to be ruthless. Oh, meeting him just wasting my time!

*end of Eunjung POV

***
While Eunjung cursing Yoongi in her heart. Leejun approaching her.

“Hey, Eunjung! You're here again?” Leejun asked happily.

“Hey Leejun.” Eunjung hiding her anger.

“It's lunch break. Let's have lunch together! Don't worry, I'll treat!”

***

“Is your boss that ruthless?” Eunjung asked Leejun while having their meal.

“Ruthless? No. He is totally kind. But he really serious in working.” Leejun sipped his drinks.

“But yesterday he even shouted at you.” Eunjung can't accept that the man is kind.

“He's not angry. He always like that. He always act serious, feelingless and mean. But he is warm inside. He also taking care of me a lot.” Leejun smile.

“I see… How old he is? He kinda too young to handle a big company.” Eunjung seemed attracted to know about him.

“Oh, he is our fellow. Same age as us. He inherited his father's. He born in rich family.”

Eunjung’s mouth turn to round shape. Amazed maybe. “Did he handling well?”

“He is totally good actually. Yah, why you asked too much about him? I felt suspicious.” Leejun lifted one of his eyebrows.

“A…ani.. I… Just wondering. That's all.” Eunjung grinned then continue eating.