10: Flying in The Rain

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine

Yoongi managed to find out why Eunjung took a long time just to take his phone. He slowly opened the door. He looked around.

"Eunjung-ah...what's take so long...." 

His eyes stopped on her. He saw crying Eunjung and the blue box. He understood what had happened.

"Eunjung-ah! Let me explain everything." Yoongi ran towards her. He tried to held her hand but Eunjung avoid any touch.

"I don't need any explanation. Every single thing was clear." Eunjung sobbed. "You lied from our first meet."

"I am sorry." Yoongi dropped down his head. He can't even looked at Eunjung like that. It was hurt.

"Bring me to the cemetery." Eunjung wiped her tears.

Yoongi lifted up his head in shocked. "Okay, but not now. It was raining heavily." 

"Fine, then. I will go there by myself." Eunjung threw a sharp gaze and walked away.

"Okay, okay. I will get the car. Just don't do something crazy, okay?" Yoongi was worrying her too much. He was showered with guilty.

***

The atmosphere in the car was totally silent. The sound of raindrops hit the car really help. Eunjung only stared outside through the window while Yoongi still worry about her. 

"Are you sure want to get going? The rain seem will stop for hours more. And the cemetery will full of mud." Yoongi said softly.

"You can pretend to love me because of your responsibilities towards my mother. And now, I just ask you a favour. Is bringing me there really burdening?" Eunjung hummed without looked at Yoongi.

"My love towards you didn't even related to the responsibility. I love you because of you are." Yoongi stressed out his feeling.

"So.... Why did you even lie everything? Did I looked like a fool? So you can play on me?" Eunjung smirked. Her eyes already full with tears.

"It's not like that. I just...." Yoongi couldn't explain it either.

"Nevermind. After this, you can live freely. Don't think about me anymore. Just make a real end between us." Eunjung played with her fingers. She just very upset.

"No. I wouldn't. I can't let you go." Yoongi tried to hold her hand.

Eunjung pull her hand from Yoongi. "Stop with all your lies! I am the one who suffered living alone all these years. I lose my mother and sister and I didn't know about it. Don't you know how much I want to meet them? Everyday, I imagine how my life will be after I meet them. I am hoping for something hopeless. I am the pathetic here. The dumbest. Fooled by you!"

Yoongi managed to stay silent. Yeah, it was his fault. He make a really wrong decision from the first.

***

They arrived the cemetery. Eunjung stepped out right after Yoongi did. She didn't care about the rain anymore. Yoongi quickly ran after her to make sure she was not hit by the raindrops under the umbrella. Then, Yoongi lead her to the graves. 

They walked through the puddles and mud. Eunjung steps were fast and Yoongi needed to stay on her track too. Their shoes and pants were ruined.

***

Eunjung didn't either cried or grieving as soon as her mother's grave in front of her eyes. She slowly squat down and threw at deep stare to it. Yoongi still there. Make sure the umbrella was over her. 

"Go!" Eunjung suddenly hummed.

"What?" Yoongi act can't hear it clearly despite the rain.

"You can leave me now." Eunjung said with serious face.

"In this middle of the rain and here? No, I wouldn't." Yoongi shook his hand.

Eunjung stood up. And stared at him. "What's make you refuse?"

"It's you. Because I love you and I couldn't see you in pain like this." Yoongi shorten their distance.

"You can stop all your acting now. It's not working anymore." Eunjung smirked.

"I am not acting or lying. I love you. And that's it!" Yoongi cried.

"Okay. If you are not leaving. I will leave." Eunjung turned and walked away real fast.

Yoongi froze there. He can't accept all of these. As soon as he back to reality, he ran after her. Unfortunately, the umbrella stuck in the tree branches. It makes Eunjung lost from his sight. He struggled pulling out the umbrella but he can't just doing that. He managed to leave the umbrella there and keep running in the rain after Eunjung. 

Yoongi almost stumbled repeatedly because of the slippery lane and his low endurance in the rain. His knees were shaking and the chill already got into his spine. He was soaked in the rain. Yoongi almost gave up. But everything was fine as he saw Eunjung walked aimlessly on the opposite roadside. Metres in front of him. He then quickly ran forward and didn't care about the other pedestrians there. 

He stopped as he saw Eunjung stop. She wanted to cross the road. Yoongi was panting a lot but his eyes fixed on her. Eunjung seemed lost and not in sense. Her tears and raindrops already mixed up. Yoongi turned to left and right. He saw there was a car in high speed coming over. As he turned his eyes to Eunjung, she already stepped forward into the road. Eunjung didn't realise a thing and Yoongi need to stop her. 

Eunjung already in the middle of the wide road and the car got closer. Yoongi got his strength. He ran to Eunjung and push her away to the roadside. Eunjung who didn't realised a thing safely landed on the ground. 

Yoongi didn't got enough time to run away. The car already in front of his eyes and the bumper hit his knees which make Yoongi rolled over the car. Eunjung was in shocked. She saw Yoongi flung metres away and landed tragically on the hard ground in the rain. The clear raindrops turned to red. The road already full with Yoongi's blood. 

Eunjung then quickly ran to Yoongi. She knelt down beside him and softly cupped  Yoongi's face with her both hands. "Yoongi-yah...." Eunjung cried. People around already make a crowd.

Yoongi's lips curled a smiled. "Eunjung-ah. You're safe." He took one of Eunjung's hand in his. Held tightly. "I am sorry. I just scared of losing you. I'm the selfish here. I am sorry." Yoongi seemed fighting with his pain. Eunjung showered with guilty. She can't stop crying. 

"Don't cry. I am okay. I just want you to know that...uhuk uhuk...." Yoongi suddenly coughing out blood. Eunjung shook her head wanted to stop him from talking. He wiped the blood with his hand and continue. "I love you. Maybe you're not my first but you're my last." Yoongi couldn't hold on anymore. He passed out right away.

***

Eunjung waited at the waiting bay of the operation room. Her shirt full with blood and her pants soaked with mud. She only stared at her hands which full with dried blood. Her eyes couldn't let out tears anymore. Guilty, sad and scared. She couldn't show her true emotions. Everything happened so quick. She get through a lot in just few hours. 

Suddenly, Taehyung and Seokjin with his fiancee, Yeojoo arrived. They ran towards her. 

"Eunjung-ssi, Yoongi still in there?" Seokjin asked.

Eunjung just nodded. Still heads down.

"Noona, are you okay? You seem tired. Just back home. We will wait for Yoongi hyung." Taehyung saw her shaking body.

Eunjung shook her head. "It's all my fault. If I didn't lose my mind, Yoongi.... He will not suffer like this." Tears started to flow from her eyes.

"Don't say like that. Yoongi will be sad if he heard this. You need to be strong for him." Yeojoo tried to comfort her.

"Yoongi didn't deserve someone like me." Eunjung cried.

The two boys there didn't know what to do. Yeojoo tried to manage the situation.

"Hey, Eunjung. Look at unnie." Yeojoo held her hands and look at Eunjung's eyes. "We all know how much Yoongi love you. And I am sure you know that. Now, Yoongi still in there. Fight to survive. And you should be strong for him. Just think what he will feel if he sees you are like this. He will be sad. Stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault either." Yeojoo wiped her tears. "Stop crying, okay?" 

Eunjung nodded. She felt better.

"So now, let's back home. Find something warm to wear. Okay?" Yeojoo pulled her to stand. Eunjung still in weak and Yeojoo held her tight.

Yeojoo asked for car keys from Seokjin. "I will drive Eunjung home. She needs some rest. Call me for any information."

***

The six boys finally gathered at the hospital. The surgery still not done after an hour. Everyone with gloomy face and the atmosphere really in silence.

"Mr. Min and Mrs. Min will come in an hour." Seokjin informed as he got the message.

"I hope they will not blaming Eunjung for this." Taehyung seemed concerned.

"It was Yoongi's fault too. He should tell her the truth from the start." Hoseok spit out his thoughts.

"For the first time this hyung make a wrong decision." Namjoon added.

"Well, a wrong decision which brings bad consequences." Seokjin spoke his words.

"Who knows it will be this bad." Jimin sighed.

"Stop bickering about that. Already had happened though. Time will not turn back." Jungkook seemed annoyed. He added. "Yoongi hyung having a hard time inside. And we only blaming him. What kind of brothers we are?" 

"Yoongi hyung help us a lot. He always be there for us even he was being cold. But I don't think we always be there for him." Taehyung was upset.

"My restaurant having a hard time last year. He didn't hesitate to help." Seokjin told them.

"He used to cheer me up after I had a tiring day after classes." Taehyung too.

"He always being our loyal fan. And, yeah... We never know what he do on his days." Namjoon added in guilt.

"Well, it's our fault too. We just pushing him to do that and this. But we never know how hard it can be to him." Jimin sighed.

"And I am sure he already know this kind of thing would happen if he told Eunjung earlier. Maybe more tragic." Jungkook being serious. "He is the wisest man I've ever met." 

"Yeah, you're right." Taehyung pat Jungkook's shoulder. "And now, we need to pray the best for him." 

"And I think our prayer were heard." Namjoon suddenly said as the light on the surgery room turned off.

The others aware of that and in a while, the doctor came out. Seokjin quickly approached the doctor.

"Doctor, is everything went well?" Seokjin asked worriedly.

The doctor gave a smile. "Yes. Everything is okay. He went through the critical time very well. He is strong. But, it takes weeks before he could wake."

"I see. Thank you." Seokjin bowed.

The doctor nodded and walked away. 

The others waited Seokjin to deliver the message. They seemed nervous.

"Well, our crybaby Yoongi was strong." Seokjin smiled heartily. "Everything goes well."

***

Mr. and Mrs. Min just arrived. They entered the ward room. Yoongi still laying unconscious on the bed. The boys were there too.

"Ouh, my poor Yoongi." Mrs. Min quickly to Yoongi's side.

The boys there bowed to Mr. Min. "Hello, President Min."

Mr. Min nodded. "Dae. It's been a long time. You guys already become a men now."

They just grinned. 

"By any chance where is... Eunjung?" Mrs. Min suddenly asked with serious face.

The boys exchanged glances. They just scared if Mrs. Min blame Eunjung for what had happened.

"How could she didn't here at this time." Mrs. Min stared at the timid boys one by one.

"Ahh.. Eunjung... She didn't really seem well after the accident. So...." Seokjin as the eldest shakingly answered.

"Jinjja? Oh, it's bad." Mrs. Min became worried. "Poor her. She must be trauma too. Tell her to get well soon and stay warm." She showed concern and the boys were shocked.

"You didn't angry at her?" Jungkook being Jungkook.

"Why must I? My son sacrifice his life for her. She is really meaningful to Yoongi, though. What a mother can do else than loves what her children love?" Mrs. Min smiled and change her gaze to her husband. Mr. Min smiled too and pat his wife shoulder softly.

***

Pass a week. Yoongi still didn't awoke. Eunjung already went through her hard times to except the reality. She took the blue box from Yoongi's room and look into it carefully. She was being better. But there's something distracting her mind. She just managed to hold it back. 

She also visited Cho’s family house. Already abandoned but still nice to see. There was a family portrait hanging on the wall and some others pictures as well. Her mother's face didn't change since they were separated. Just some wrinkles appeared upon the age. She found Eujin's picture too. Well, their faces were totally same. No wonder Yoongi was totally shocked on the first day they met. She entered her mother's room. Sky blue. Her mother's favourite. Eunjung's lips curled a smile. She felt grateful. Even they couldn't even meet, at least she knew that her mother always taking care of her. She even sent someone to be her guardian after she was gone. Yeah, her mother loves her.

Then, she went up the stairs to Eujin's room. A typical girl  teenagers room. But she found her sister was very matured. A lot of books on the shelves showed that her sister really doing great in school. The dust everywhere made Eunjung sneezed. Suddenly, she found an album. She didn't hesitate and took it into her hand. A page after a page. A lot of her photos in there but everything seemed dated after their parents separated. Nothing interesting to her. Just like a timeline since Eujin was a girl to a lady. As she reached the two last page, something attracted her attention. Her last photo on the hospital bed. She was wired up in there but still smiling weakly with her mother and new father. Next page, she found an old photo of them. They were wearing same dress, same ponytails and also the happy faces. They were five year old in there. Eunjung saw something written there too.

‘My dear twin sister, where are you? I couldn't find you. I am sorry. Let's just meet in the heaven shall we? I can't live any longer. Unnie always pray the best for you, Eunjung.’

Eunjung shed her tears. While holding the album to her chest. She was so glad. All those years, living alone, her mother and sister never forget about her. They were just timid to show up. Yeah, she still one of them. She's not alone. She ever had a family. 

***

That day, Eunjung visited Yoongi alone early in the morning. She opened wide the window and tide up the curtains too. Then, like always, she changed the fresh flowers on the side table. After everything's done, she sat by the bed. Staring at Yoongi beautifully laid on the bed.  

"Yoongi-yah. It's Eunjung. Last night, I switched on your phone and take a look a bit. Yeah, sorry. I do it again and I know you hate it, right? You was totally mad that time. Our very first conversation on phone which not really ended up well. I shouted at you and everything's started. We argue a lot before and sorry. I always put you in a hard time." Eunjung sighed. Then, she continued. "Ouh, I saw my sister picture in your phone. Which you secretly captured. Seems like you had a crush on her for a long time. You seemed really happy seeing her by your side. I saw your selca with her and the others. Sometimes, I wish I was there watching you guys love story. I heard from Taehyung that it was 24 hours love story. If I were there that time, I will ask my sister to notice you even earlier. So, you will not broken this much after she was gone." Eunjung then smiled bitterly. "Yoongi-yah, wake up juseyo. I have a lot of thing to ask. And I am not angry with you anymore. I just being selfish before. Sorry. I promise to treat you better after this. Just please, wake up."

***

"Ah, noona. Nice flowers for today." Taehyung said as soon he came there.

Eunjung just threw her smile then she asked. "Your class finish early today?"

"Yeah. Then I straightly come over." Taehyung grinned.

"Taehyung-ah, did you still planning to study abroad?" Eunjung guiltily asked.

"Well, it's my dream but I can't leave while Yoongi hyung still like this." Taehyung sighed.

"Just go for your future. I am sure Yoongi will be upset if you don't go just because of him." Eunjung advised him.

"Don't worry. I already ask for postpone the entry date. I will register in next month which a semester late. Even it's hard to catch up the studies, I just thought that sacrifice for hyung aren't a big deal." Taehyung smiled. "Well, Yoongi hyung already help me a lot back then." 

"I see. You guys study in the same university, right?" 

"Yeah. He was in senior year while I still a sophomore. At first, I almost give up because of the tough subjects. Yoongi hyung help me to overcome them. He spend a lot of his time for me even our classes and schedule clash a lot. He being a good brother and fyi, he encourages me a lot to do future studies abroad. It's like, it's his dream too."

"Yoongi seemed really helpful since back then. No wonder Eujin could fall for her too, right?" Eunjung fake a chuckle. It's obvious.

"By any chance, did you still insecure about Yoongi's feelings towards you?" 

"Well, I....." Eunjung took a deep breath. "Let me be honest as I am weak in faking my own feeling. The insecurity comes and fade. Sometimes, I am very sure and then I lose faith. Eujin unnie was his first love. Since his childhood, right? After I know how much he suffer after Eujin gone, I just thought maybe he liking me because of my face or maybe he love me because of the responsibility." Eunjung sighed.

"Actually, Yoongi hyung never told us about his real feelings. We also got shocked after he said he gonna proposed you at the concert. We saw his courage then we know that he was really sincere. The thing is, Yoongi hyung is someone with bold and cold hearted. You know it. He will not fall easily in someone. Yeah, he liked Eujin noona since he was a boy. After she died, Yoongi hyung was in mental breakdown. He hid his suffer very well. In university, a lot of girls had a crush on him. Well, he is rich, genius and kind. But he never being desperate and date someone. Until he meet you. About the responsibility thingy, he can simply give out all his money, tell you everything and then leave like nothing happened, right? But he managed to not hurt you by the reality and keep you on his side. So, how's that? Helping?" Taehyung succeeded to drew smile on Eunjung's face.

"Thank you. You make feel better. But still it's awkward when someone who study science talking about thing like this." Eunjung teased Taehyung and they burst out laughing together.

Suddenly,

"Seems like we miss a joyful conversation." Jimin said. The other boys except Seokjin were there with him. 

"How dare you laughing while Yoongi hyung still like that." Jungkook hissed in jealousy.

"Don't worry. Yoongi hyung will also laugh if he heard so." Taehyung gave Eunjung a glance then they exchanged smile. 

"So, how you guys doing? Any comeback?" Eunjung was delighted.

"Well, soon. But we decided to make comeback with Yoongi in our side." Namjoon answered. He smiled hopefully to unconscious Yoongi.

Then, everyone being silent. Hoping for the same. For Yoongi to wake.

***

Eunjung back home that night with Jungkook accompany.

"Jungkook-ah, thank you for coming with me." Eunjung praised the maknae.

"Ah, it's okay. I would love too." Jungkook grinned.

"It's very nice tonight." Eunjung stared up to the sky, the stars brightly shone.

"The rainy season ended, though." Jungkook did the same as Eunjung.

Then, the atmosphere became silent between them. Only the sound of cars that passed by.

"Jungkook-ah. Can I ask you a favor?” Eunjung whispered.

“Sure! What is it, noona?” Jungkook was excited.

“Tell me about Yoongi. Well, his past life, childhood and background. Anything would do.” Eunjung was faking a smile.

“Oh, okay. I will start.” Jungkook just obeyed. He also wanted to cure his pain of missing his hyung. “As you know, we grew together in the orphanage. Through thick and thin together. Messing up, rebelling, having fun and fussing around. Everything changed after one by one of us leaving. We were adopted by different couples. And Yoongi hyung adopted by the riches. Six of us going to the same high school around our neighbourhood but he was sent to the famous one. But we still stick around together. Every Wednesday we will gather and do some dances by the streets. I bet you know that already. And every weekend, we will meet at the abandoned basketball court. Drinking and share our stories. After high school ended. We choose different path. Taehyung hyung and Yoongi hyung went to university, Seokjin hyung help his family business and we, the others managed to go for some audition. And now, we are what you could see.” Jungkook ended his story with a smile.

“I see. That's why you guys got a lot of same in common.” Eunjung replied his smile.

“Ahh… Sorry noona. I should told you about Yoongi not us. I'm sorry.” Jungkook newly realised.

“Nevermind. It's okay. I also didn't know a lot about you guys.” Eunjung smiled weakly yet it's sincere.

“By the way, actually I felt Dejavu right now. Years ago, I talk to Eujin noona about ours and now it's you.” Jungkook didn't take off his smile.

“Dae? Really? That's amazing for you.” Eunjung then being quiet again.

Jungkook felt the awkwardness and he found out what’ve been playing in her mind. “Eunjung noona, it's not a sin to not know about someone's past especially your boyfriend. Yoongi hyung wanted to start his future with you and letting go all of his old memorable memories to make sure he could build the best one ahead with you. Stay in faith. I am sure you're the best for our hyung.” He gave a courageous smile to Eunjung.

Eunjung's eyes got teary. She smiling back. Everyone was supporting her. She was so glad. She not just meet her Yoongi. She also meet a lot of wonderful people.