11: The Wet Wings

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine

It's been a month. Time flies real fast. Things change but Yoongi still there. Laying on the bed. Unconscious. 

"Eunjung-ah, let's go shopping this weekend. I need to update my wardrobe." Yujeong asked Eunjung while they were watering the flowers and plants.

"Dae? Mianhae. I think I can't." she refused in kind.

"Why? You will stay in the hospital again?" Yujeong pouted. She stopped spraying out the water and stared at Eunjung.

"Look, you already know it though." Eunjung shrugged.

"Fine." She sighed and continue spraying water to the flowers. "Eunjung-ssi, aren't you feel bored?" Yujeong being herself. 

"What do you mean?" Eunjung really wanted to ignore that friend.

"Well, it's been a month and Yoongi still like that. You should have a live ahead. Move on. You're young and pretty. There are a lot of man outside there who will go for you. I am not forcing you. But, just think about it." Yujeong really make a wrong way.

Eunjung hold back her anger. "If you think your words will stop me, you're wrong. My life is him and I will not lose faith on him. By the way, Yoongi is not die yet." She almost yelled at her then she leave to search for calm.

***
That evening, Eunjung visit her mom and sister. She need some courage and strength. It was the first time she went there after the first with Yoongi. There's no mud and puddles like the other day. The grass was green and the trees there shades nicely. It was really a nice evening. As she wanted to leave, she saw an umbrella stuck and hanging on the tree branches. Well, the branches already bloomed with flowers and leaves. It's been a month and the trees changed a lot. Eunjung knew the umbrella. She took it in her hand. Yeah, Yoongi used it and held it for her that day. She reminiscing the moment on that tragic day. She sighed. 

“If I can turn back time.”

***
That night 

“There's something I want to tell you guys.” Seokjin sighed.

“Me too.” Taehyung bit his lower lip.

“Yeah.. We also need to tell something.” Namjoon represent Bangtan for that.

“I will start first, okay?” Seokjin continued as everyone nodded. “I need to get married in three days. Yeojoo parents already insecure with me. Well, Yeojoo also guilty to let us continue the wedding while Yoongi like that. But we have no choice.” Seokjin seemed unhappy.

“Well, the university that I need to go call me yesterday. They said I need to register in this week. If not, the offer will be cancelled.” Taehyung sighed.

“We need to launch our comeback soon. Everything was scheduled and the fans will be mad if we repeatedly postponed it.” Hoseok said in low tone.

All of them stared at Eunjung who stay in silence since earlier. 

“You guys really can't wait a for him a bit? You've promise.” Eunjung didn't wanted to force them but she was a bit upset.

“I just scared if that ‘a bit’ will be forever.” Jungkook hummed yet can be heard by everyone.

Eunjung hold back her true emotion. She hurt a bit after hearing Jungkook's words. She then fake a smile. “Well, we need to move on right. We can't just wait and do nothing. Just do it. I will just supporting. Actually, you don't need to tell me about that. It's your life.” 

“Noona, is it really okay for you?” Taehyung just insecure. Eunjung not seemed well.

“Yeah. I am okay. Just continue your life on.” Eunjung smiled bitterly. “Can I go now? I have a busy day. I need some rest.” She then quickly leave the restaurant. She really need a peace.

***
Eunjung was staring at the stars in the beautiful night from in front of her house. Those stars remind her of Yoongi.

“Omma, appa. Nan ottokhaeyo? They seemed lose faith on Yoongi. All their words seemed giving up on his life. What if he really going to die? Should I stop believing on him?” Eunjung sighed. 

Suddenly,

“The stars shine brightly tonight. You shouldn't be sad.” 

Eunjung turned to her side. She saw Yoongi. She knew it's just her imagination. Her lips curled a smile. “Staring the stars alone while you're not at my side. How should I be happy?”

Yoongi chuckled a bit. “So… Do you think I will awake?”

“Seeing you like this make me more confuse to be sure or not.” Eunjung sighed.

“I don't care if they losing their faith on me. Well, I am the weak Yoongi who can't survive in the rain and heartbroken easily. They make a nice decision.” Yoongi smiled.

“Didn't you upset? They're part of your life, though.” Eunjung being anxious.

“I will be more upset if you do.” Yoongi stared deeply in her eyes.

Eunjung didn't know what to say. She was speechless.

“So, you're still believing in me?” Yoongi asked.

“I don't know…” Eunjung sounded in despair. She sighed.

Then, slowly, Yoongi's figure disappeared from her sight. 

***

Next day

Eunjung visited Yoongi at the hospital. Doing the things she always do in the Yoongi's ward, then she managed to search some food. She passed by a doctor (who in charge for Yoongi) room. She saw Mr. and Mrs. Yoongi in there. She accidentally heard everything.

"Based on our diagnosis, Mr. Yoongi should awake within two weeks. He perform perfectly in the operation room and he could awake in just a week by that. I just worried if anything bad happen to him as now, his life 80% depends on the machine." The doctor guiltily informed.

"What do you mean by that, doctor? Did you mean that...." Mrs. Min nearly wanted to let out her tears.

"Well, even he could awake his chance to alive is totally narrow. I scared if we will lose him in this short time. I am sorry to tell this to you." The doctor couldn't stand to look into the Min couple sad faces.

"Isn't there any operation that works? It's possible right?" Mr. Min sound desperate.

"We can try but eventually, he need no operation. We've done it all last month. I just thought maybe it's his time to go that already fated. I am so sorry. We already do our best."

"So, what should we do now?" Mr. Min asked while patting his crying wife.

"We will wait for few days more. If nothing happened. We need to end everything up.”

Eunjung who heard everything fell on the floor. Her knees were shaking. She felt weak. Tears started flowing on her cheeks. She can't accept the reality. She just can't.

***

Eunjung walked weakly to Yoongi's room. She sat beside him. She sighed heavily while held his hand.

"Yoongi-yah. Seokjin oppa will tie the knot tomorrow, Taehyung will fly abroad this weekend and BTS will make a comeback next week. Without you, everything will be different. But don't worry. I am sure they still have faith for you. I know you can survive. I believe in you. Even doctor say otherwise. I know you will back to normal. Right? You will back to your office, work like always. I will sent your breakfast then, you will ask me out for lunch and dinner. Everything will be fine, right? I just need to wait some more." 

Eunjung burst out her tears. She was crying hardly. "You will not die. They are wrong. They are wrong. You will awake. Yeah. I believe in you." Eunjung held Yoongi's hand tight. She just scared of unknown future. She scared of losing him. "I am sorry. I just need you. I need you to alive. Please. I love you so much." Tears keep flowing on her cheeks. Letting out all her pain.

Without her attention, a drop of tears flowing on Yoongi's closed eyes. Seemed like he knew what Eunjung been through. Then, she accidentally slept after crying hardly by Yoongi's side.

***

That night.

“Miss, wake up. Your back will hurt if you sleep like this.” A nurse waking Eunjung up softly.

Eunjung scratched her eyes. “Erm.. What's time now?”

“Almost midnight.” The nurse smiled.

“What? Oh, I need to back home.” Eunjung quickly stood up, thanked the nurse and quickly leaving.

The nurse just shook her head while checking Yoongi's condition. Suddenly, something shocked her up. She quickly ran out, calling for the doctor.

“Doctor! Something had happened!”