8: A Big Surprise

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine


“Yah! Taehyung! You make me startled!” Eunjung hit him softly. 

“I’m sorry. By the way, I am here with Namjoon hyung. There, he's coming.” Taehyung pointed at panting Namjoon.

“Yah! You should not leave me alone there.” Namjoon crossed his arms. Seemed angry but not really.

“Your fans make me uneasy, hyung.” Taehyung pouted.

“They didn't even touch you, kid.” Namjoon then changed his view to Eunjung. “Hey, Eunjung! Long time no see.” He waved.

“Since we don't meet for a long time… Let's have a dinner? Namjoon hyung’s treat.” Taehyung being a rascal.

Namjoon hissed while Eunjung just laughed. “Okay.. Okay.. I’ll treat.” 

***

“So, how's your study, Taehyung?” Eunjung started the conversation.

“Oh, Yoongi hyung didn't tell you?” Namjoon asked then sipped his drinks.

Eunjung didn't know what to say. She just smiled. 

“Nevermind, I am here though.” Taehyung seemed proud. “I will fly to London next week for degrees. They offer me a place.” 

“Woah! Congratulations.” Eunjung praised him. 

“Yeah, between seven of us, he's the one who doing well in school. But still, the little rascal.” Namjoon was complaining.

Taehyung just rolled his eyes. “Yah, hyung! I already agreed sacrifice one of my class for your concert. Isn't it enough to make you stop call me that?” 

“Concert? You hold a concert?” Eunjung being excited.

“Yoongi-hyung doesn't tell you too?” Namjoon hissed. “Aish this hyung… Well, it's on tomorrow night. You’re in our guest list too.”

“You're coming right?” Taehyung asked as he saw Eunjung's face not in good shape. 

“I…don't…know…” Eunjung seemed to refuse. She thought she didn't deserve that.

“You have to come! You said you were an army.” Namjoon pouted.

“Yeah. Noona, it's for the last we have fun before I leave.” Taehyung let out his cuteness.

Eunjung sighed. “Okay…okay… I'm in.” She then smiled.

Namjoon and Taehyung exclaimed in happiness.

***

“Am I late?” Eunjung grinned to Taehyung. They've promised to meet at Seokjin’s restaurant.

“Not really. But that hyung wait for…well…an hour. I am late too.” Taehyung whispered while pointing at a car outside the restaurant.

“Yoongi? He will join us?” Eunjung asked in shock.

“Of course he will. He never miss Bangtan’s concert. Unlike me.” Taehyung shrugged. “Come on, lets go! Yoongi-hyung will be mad.” Taehyung dragged Eunjung out from the restaurant.

“Wait..wait.. Seokjin oppa…not coming with us?” Eunjung stopped him.

“No.. He said he will be there with his fiancee. It's like a date.” Taehyung explained.

“Yah! Ppalli juseyo! Do you think I am your driver?” Yoongi shouted from the car through the window. He threw his sharp gaze.

Taehyung and Eunjung timidly got into the car. Eunjung quickly took the back seat and Taehyung sat beside Yoongi in front.

***

*Eunjung POV

Why I am so nervous? He act like nothing had happened. So, you must pretend everything's alright too. Oh, I can’t stop staring at him through the mirror. It's me or he really looks handsome tonight. Keep calm, Eunjung. You can't lose in his game. He should put off his ego first. Not you. 

“Eunjung!” 

Wait…he called my name. Did he realise I am staring him?

“Yyyess…” of course in shaky tone.

“Can you move to the other side? You blocked the view through this mirror. I want to make a little reverse.” 

Oh sh*t! Why should he end up his words with a smirk. Ah.. He really make feel worse. Did he even like me for real? Ugh. He make me confused 

*end of Eunjung POV

***

They've arrived. 

“Look hyung, I told you we are still early.” Taehyung said to Yoongi. The atmosphere still calm. 

“So, we need to get here when the concert already start?” Yoongi hissed.

“Well….” Taehyung scratched his head.

“Uh.. Let's go inside. Shall we?” Eunjung who didn't notice the argument being excited.

“Let's check them out at the backstage. It's still early though.” Yoongi checked out his watch.

***

The people at the backstage really busy like there was no end. The staff working so hard.

Finally the found the exact room. 

“Hey guys!” Yoongi greeted happily.

“Yoongi hyung! Wow! It's weird our Taehyung is coming too.” Jimin waved while sitting on the sofa. While the other,  just glancing with smile as they were in the middle of makeup process and doing their hair. 

Eunjung froze at the door. Amazed.

“Yah. You should appreciate it.” Taehyung hissed to Jimin. Then, joined his chingu on the sofa.

“Yah! Eunjung! What did you do there? Guard to be? Come in.” Yoongi smirked. 

Eunjung's face turned red. Everyone in the room looking at her including the staffs.

“Yah… Can't you even treat me nicely.” Eunjung whispered to Yoongi angrily. She rolled her eyes and joined Jimin and Taehyung at the sofa.

Yoongi's lips curled a smile. Then, he left the room.


***

The concert started. Eunjung enjoyed it without any blink. She shouted too. While the other side, Yoongi silently staring at her with a smile. He missed the face. Suddenly, his phone rang. He answered it then he quickly left. Eunjung didn't even realised that though.

It's break time for Bangtan so, there's vcr showing on the big screen. Eunjung looked around. Taehyung still at her side. But he can't found Yoongi. “Taehyung-ah, where's Yoongi.” Eunjung elbowed him. 

“I…don't know.” Taehyung shrugged.

Eunjung nodded. “I need to go to the washroom.” She excused herself.

Taehyung quickly grabbed Eunjung's arm. “No… You can't. You need to stay here.” 

“What's wrong with you? I’ll be back, okay? Don't worry.” Eunjung let out her arm from Taehyung. She walked away.

“Wait! Noona! Noona!” Taehyung called her name but she ignored him.

Eunjung having difficulty to walk out as it was too crowded. She only walked a few steps away from Taehyung actually. “Yah, I can’t even breathe.” She hissed.

Suddenly, the auditorium lights off. People froze and the atmosphere suddenly become silent.

“They gonna start now?” One of the fans asked. 

“Don't you hear yesterday? One of their friends want to surprise his girlfriend, here. I think, it's now.” Her friend answered.

“It must be Seokjin oppa.” Eunjung figuring in her heart. 

Suddenly the big screen showed up something unbelievable. It was Min Yoongi..

“Annyeong, everyone. Mianhae for stealing your time but I promise I will make it short. Erm… I want to do something crazy today. Well, not so crazy but for me, it's crazy. Lee Eunjung-ssi, it's all for you. You should be proud.” He ended that with a wink and all the audience seemed excited.

Eunjung can't escape anymore as the bright spotlight shine on her, captured everyone's eyes. She froze and nervous.

The audience cheered as Yoongi appeared on the stage with piano. He played very well as the sweet music of the piano amazed all the people there. Eunjung's heart was fluttering. After that, Yoongi started rapping- First Love. All the people became crazier like the concert was his. While rapping, he jumped down from the stage, walked towards Eunjung through the crowd. He stopped in front of Eunjung. Their eyes met. Yoongi held Eunjung's hand. Dragged her to the stage. They walked hand in hand for the first time. Eunjung's heart can't be happier. She shed tears of joy. As they reached the stage, Yoongi was done rapping. They stood at the centre of stage, everyone could see them.

“Lee Eunjung-ssi, will you be mine?” Yoongi husky voice made everyone screamed.

“Say yes! Say yes!” The audience shouted repeatedly.

Eunjung bit her lower lip. She nodded slowly. Then everyone cheered and applauded. Eunjung hugged Yoongi as she was too happy. Yoongi was startled by the shocking hug.

“I love you.” Eunjung whispered.

“Love you more.” Yoongi replied.

Suddenly,  Bangtan came back to the stage. Singing Miss Right. 

***

After the concert ended, Yoongi and Eunjung leave the earliest. He asked Taehyung to back home with Seokjin even Seokjin seemed to refuse. Well, he wanted some privacy with Eunjung. 
The atmosphere in the car was awkward. Silenced.

“So, you're having fun?” Yoongi didn't know what to say. Breaking the silent.

“Dae.” Eunjung nodded. “Gomawo. I am happy.” She smiled.

Then the atmosphere became quiet again. Suddenly…

“Mianhae.” Eunjung said softly.

“For what?” Yoongi gave her a short glance.

“For make you love me.” Eunjung sighed.

“Are you serious? Sorry for that? What's wrong?” Yoongi in confusion.

Eunjung took a deep breath. “I have nothing. You know me, right? A naïve, harsh, poor, clumsy, not educated like you and I don’t think I am pretty. I scared I can’t make you happy. Do you think I am the right girl for you? You deserve…” Eunjung's words were cut as Yoongi suddenly stopped the car. It's traffic light turning red. 

“It's about that?” Yoongi smiled. “I thought you have disease and will die tomorrow. Ah.. You make me scared. Tsk.” He giggled.

“Yoongi-yah, I am serious.” Eunjung stared at him deeply.

“I am serious too.” Yoongi pouted then started to focus on his driving back. “Have you ever heard that ‘If you search for someone's flaws, you will never found their strength.’ I newly realised you're such a girl like that after you do a list about your imperfections.”

Eunjung sighed again. “Mianhae. We shouldn't even met.” 

Yoongi stopped the car again by the roadside. “Yah, you didn't even get what I mean.” His eyes fixed on her. Eunjung only stared down.

“Eunjung-yah, look here.” Yoongi pulled Eunjung's chin up. Cupped both her cheeks with his hands. Their eyes met. “I don't care how poor you are, how harsh you are and whatever you say about yourself just now. What I know, what I do care now is I love you. And you're my miss right. Ara?” 

Eunjung nodded slowly. Her lips curled a smile. “Arasseo.”

“Let's not talk about this anymore. It's frustrating you know.” Yoongi flicked her nose.

“Okay, Mr. Min Yoongi. I will not make you upset anymore after this.” Eunjung swore cutely.

Suddenly, beyond Eunjung's expectation, Yoongi leaned forward and gave a quick kiss on Eunjung's lips. She froze.

“I can't stop myself. You're too cute. It's your fault anyway.” Yoongi shrugged and then continued driving to their destination. His lips curled a naughty smile.

Eunjung already blushed. All the flowers in her heart were blooming successfully. It was a wonderful night.

***

Next early in the morning.

“Mr. Yoongi, just now, Eunjung left you this.” Leejun passed a paper bag to him.

Yoongi who newly arrived turned excited. “Jinjja?” He snatched away the paper bag from Leejun and checked out what inside it. It's his breakfast. There was also a note there. 

‘Bet you didn't take your breakfast yet. Enjoy! Make sure you finish it up!’ 

A bright broad smile drew on his face. 

“Mr. Yoongi can I ask something?” Leejun being curious.

“What is it?” Yoongi stared at him.

“Is you and Eunjung are really on date?” Leejun timidly asked.

“Yes. You're right. How did you know?” Asking curiously.

“Well, there's a video showing you confessed her last night at the concert. I think it's already viral in social media now.” 

***

“Yah…. It's a shame.” Eunjung felt terrible after watching herself in the video of her and Yoongi last night. 

“You can't say that. It's a pleasure you know. Every girl always want to have a moment like this.” Eunjung's working mate, Yujeong said with sparkling eyes. Repeating the video for five times.

“Yeah, it's wonderful.” Eunjung smiled.

“I am jealous though. I hope I will get a nice man like yours. Ah… I will wait for that day..” Yujeong already in her dreamland. Eunjung just chuckled.

“Yah! What are you doing both of you? Start you work, now!” The ahjumma yelled, startled them.

“Dae!” They answered and back to work.

Suddenly, Yoongi sent her a message.

‘Thank you for the breakfast. Let's meet tonight. Missing you already.’

Eunjung automatically smiled. Can't wait.

***

Today was the busiest day to Yoongi. After done his breakfast, he didn't have time for himself until evening came, he threw himself on the sofa in his office.

“Leejun ah~ I want to take a nap. Wake me up if something come out.” He shouted while his eyes already closed.

Minutes later, his phone rang and Yoongi still in his sleep. Leejun managed to answer it.

“Yeoboseyo?” 

“Ah, Leejun?”

“Yae. Mr. Yoongi is sleeping. He got chaotic day. He seemed tired.”

“Really? Thank you for the information by the way. If he awake, don't tell him I am calling.”

“Okay.”

“Thank you. Bye.”

***

Eunjung silently entered Yoongi's office room. She didn't want to wake him up. She walked slowly towards Yoongi. Staring at him who sleep really well.

“You're really tired.” Eunjung sighed. Their plan for tonight should be cancelled.

“Yoongi-yah, meet you tomorrow. You need to rest for today.” Eunjung kissed his forehead and then managed to leave.

***

Eunjung already prepared herself to go to sleep. But she can't sleep either. She used to still working at the restaurant at this time. She managed to watch the sky which full of stars that night in front of her house not to mention in pyjamas.

The wind blew lightly and the sky was very clear. The sparkling stars drew a smile on her face. It reminded her about her father. 

“Appa, I am really happy now. You don't have to worry up there. My life is almost perfect. I have Yoongi now. I just need to find omma and Eujin. And then, my life will complete. Appa, I miss you and I hope, I can share this feeling with you.” 

Eunjung continuously look up to the sky. She enjoyed it. Suddenly,

“Yah, if you continuously chin up like that, your neck will be broken.” Yoongi startled her. Then, he sat beside her.

Eunjung blinked her eyes. To make sure she wasn't dreaming.

“You shouldn't stared at your boyfriend like that. It's not even romantic.” Yoongi hissed.

“Aniyo, I just think that I am dreaming. And well, it's real.” Eunjung poked Yoongi's cheek.

“Dreaming? Why? I am too handsome like an angel?” Yoongi being boastful.

“Yeah, you seemed not even real.” Eunjung rested her head on Yoongi's shoulder.

“Yah! Don't sleep now. I want to talk to you. Today is totally toast me up.” He hissed.

“I know. You didn't even realised I come over to your office after work. You sleep really well, sleepy head.” Eunjung's head still there. She felt comfortable there.

“You came? Mianhae. You should just wake me up then.” Yoongi felt guilty.

“Nevermind. You seemed too tired. Poor my boy.” Eunjung ruffled Yoongi's hair.

“Eunjung-ah.” Yoongi whispered.

“Yes?” Eunjung sat straight while looking into his eyes.

“After this, I am getting busier. So, I can’t always have time with you. I am sorry.” Yoongi's face showed guilty.

“I understand. I will send you breakfast every morning. So, cheer up and do your best. Just focus on your work. Okay?” Eunjung smiled cutely.

“Okay. Thank you. But this Sunday, will be our date. I promise.” Yoongi felt bad towards Eunjung.

“Don't think about that much. I am really okay. Don't worry. To know that you love me it's already enough. You already brings sunshine to my life.” Eunjung grabbed Yoongi's hand. Held it tight.
Yoongi Eunjung's hair softly. Her beautiful face amazed Yoongi like always. He leaned forward and kissed Eunjung's lips passionately. Eunjung pushed her lips into him too. 

They had a wonderful night.

-to be continued