3: That Blue Box

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine

“Who is the girl that you have lunch with just now?” Yoongi asked Leejun.

“Ouh, it's Eunjung. We go to the same high school. Why suddenly you asking me?” Leejun insecure.

“Nothing. Just shocked you having lunch with girl.” Yoongi smirked.

“Yah, Mr. Yoongi. It's too much.” Leejun hold back his anger. His boss looking him that down.

“Okay, mianhae, Leejun.” Yoongi making cute face. Actually, he want to know more about the girl but as a son of one of the successful businessman in the country, he didn't want to be too obvious. He had to take care the best image.

***

That night, Yoongi checking up his phone after days without it. He managed to check the call log first. Well, he had a lot of business partner. There's no one calling in. It's just from his mother who still in his grandparents place with his father. But someone already using his phone to calling out. Yoongi burned inside. “Is the girl using my phone? Yah! It's beyond borders!”

Yoongi then angrily asked Leejun for the girl's number through the phone.

“Leejun-ah, I want that girl phone number.”

Leejun patiently replied. “Who is that girl?”

“Your high school friend. What is her name, I don't remember.”

“But why? It's already night Mr. Yoongi. Aren't you tired?”

“I want it now! Be fast please!” Yoongi already burning inside.

“Ah.. Okay.. I’ll text you her phone number.” Leejun being timid like a mouse when it comes to angry Yoongi.

After Yoongi got her number phone, he became more burning as Eunjung called her own phone using his phone. “What she want with my phone number?” It's kinda tactics to get someone phone number and Yoongi started thinking negatively.

***
Eunjung just back home after the tiring day. It's relieved that there's just little customers at the restaurant. She threw herself on the couch as soon as reached home. Her eyes were heavy than ever. Suddenly, her phone ringing disturbing her sleep plan. She weakly answered without knowing the caller.

“Yeoboseyo?” Eunjung answered with half sleeping.

“What did you do with my phone number?!” Yoongi voice wake Eunjung.

“Who..who is this?” Eunjung shakingly asked.

“Don't pretend you don't know me.” 

Eunjung brain started processing. And at last she remember the ruthless voice. “Min Yoongi?”

Hearing random people calling his name without Mr. make he angrier. “What you’ve done with my phone? Calling yourself to get my phone number?”

Eunjung still can't understand it well. She forcing her brain to work fast. At last she remembered something. 

Last night, Eunjung pay attention too much to the expensive phone until forget about her phone. She was being reckless and don't remember where her phone was. Because being too tired, she managed to just call her phone using the expensive phone. It's the simplest way. She did that and finally she found her phone under the coach. 

“Yah! Are you still there?!” Yoongi angrier voice brought Eunjung back to reality.

“Dae..dae.. I'm here. Jesonghamnida. I just using your phone to find my lost phone. That's all. I..just..” Eunjung tried to explain but it cannot lower Yoongi's tempered.

“Should I believe that?! Didn't you even felt guilty to use people phone without permission? There's a lot important information about my company in the phone that I only know. Just who are you to simply using my phone for unnecessary thing! Your phone lost and so what?!” Yoongi burst all of his anger.

Without even notice, Eunjung’s fingers already turn to a fist. Someone already let out the true Eunjung. “Just who am I? I know that I am just a waitress, moneyless and poor. I admit that I using your phone without permission and I am totally sorry for that. Do you think that I want your wealth that much. I am searching my phone because I spend all of my monthly salary just for it. I am not born rich like you and you didn't have right to look me that low. I as a poor girl has dignity too. And at least I know how to appreciate. Not like you! I just wondering is all rich people like you? Arrogant and didn't even know how to ‘thank you’? Shame on you, Min Yoongi.” Eunjung ended up the call. She just can't help herself to be patient like always. If she hates, she will totally hates. Until the end, maybe.

***
Yoongi speechless, flustered and a lot of guilty. He just shocked someone can judge him that worse. Yoongi sighed. “Am I that worse? Oh… What have I done!”

***
“Shame on you, Min Yoongi!”

Yoongi can't sleep anymore. Eunjung's words keep playing in his mind. He turned his body to the left, than right. Repeating the same thing and he still can't sleep. From laying on the bed, he sat. Rubbing his face repeatedly. He sighed. “I should say sorry to her and maybe not just that.”

***
Yoongi stopped his car in front of the restaurant. Pulling the handbrake and sat back. He could see Eunjung from his car. The guilt still spreading in him. He quickly heading to the restaurant after ended his work that night. He must apologize quickly so he will have peace quickly too.

Yoongi turn of the engine, grabbed a paper back from the seat beside him and stepped out from the car. Hoping that everything will be fine.

***
Eunjung was wiping the table carefully. Tidy up the chairs and the fake flowers in the small vase. The restaurant was not pack as yesterday and it was a big relief for her. Suddenly, the wet cloth she’ve been used slip from her hand to the floor. She managed to pick it up. As she already bend, lower her body, she felt like someone standing in front of her. The person pick it up for her. Eunjung tuck her bangs behind her ear to see clearly. She suddenly step backwards after recognizing the person. It's Min Yoongi.

“Here.” Yoongi gave her the cloth.

Eunjung quickly grabbed it. “Thank you.” She hummed. Then, Eunjung tried to escape. She just really hates.

“Hey, wait!” Yoongi tried to stop her from leaving and he didn't really remember her name. “Can we have a talk?” 

“I am working now. You know about the employee rules right?” Eunjung's eyes can't even meet him.

“But, please. Just for awhile.” Yoongi started begging.

Suddenly, the restaurant owner approaching them. “Sir, if you still want to meet her, wait until she finish working. Okay?” He just realized that Eunjung didn't felt comfortable and as a good boss he should care about the workers.

Eunjung then quickly leaving them. And that's make Yoongi sighed. “I am sorry. I will wait.” Yoongi take the seat there. 

“Wanna have anything?” The owner asked.

“Caramel macchiato, please.” Yoongi gave a tainted smile. The owner nodded and left him.

***
“Can I know who is him to you?” Mr. Choi, the restaurant owner asked Eunjung who was washing the dishes in the kitchen.

“No one.” Eunjung lied.

“It's up to you want to tell me or not. I have no rights to force you. But the thing is, don't make a mess in my restaurant and as well your life.” Mr. Choi then walked away.

***
Yoongi sipping the caramel macchiato and staring at his watch. Repeating the same thing as he don't know what to do. In silence, he staring at Eunjung who was busy treating the customer. He stared deeper and even more. He could see Eujin in her. The way she walked, smiled, and even breathe exactly like Eujin. Yoongi felt like he fall in love with Eujin for the second time. Like travelling in a time machine.

To avoid himself drowning to much in fantasy, Yoongi continued some his works using the laptop. He keep typing and sipping his drinks. He’s really in his world when it comes to work. Ignoring everything. That's his new life basically about. Work.

***
Eunjung doing her waitress duty. Customer after customers until the night got darker. Sometimes, Eunjung gazing to him. She can't stop herself though. Yoongi really unordinary man to her. As this young age he could a manage a company. He’s kinda good looking while focusing to something. Without she even noticed, Eunjung started admiring Yoongi even though he had being harsh to her before. Only ego said no.

“You like him, huh?” From nowhere, Mr. Choi make Eunjung startled. 

“Ah. No no.” Eunjung face start burning and she quickly left. Mr. Choi lips curled a smile.

***
*Eunjung POV

I like him? Mr. Choi is nonsense. How could I fall in love with someone like him? Arrogant, selfish. What he is doing now? Acting that he is the most humble. Waiting for me? Ugh. Please. I know he just pretending. How could rich people who busy have time to wait for such a poor girl like me? He must have plan right? I should give him some lessons. 

*end of Eunjung POV

***
Yoongi still focus to the screen. Suddenly,

“What do you want?”

Yoongi lifted up his head. Eujin. Oh, it's Eunjung actually. Yoongi still with his ‘un move on’ mode.

“If you just want to say sorry, make it fast. I want to end all of this quick!” Eunjung took the seat facing Yoongi. She seemed uncomfortable.

Yoongi looked around. The restaurant already empty. He really into his work without realizing a thing. Then, he keep his laptop away from the table and took out a paperback.

“I am sorry.” Yoongi put the paperback on the table.

“What's that?” Eunjung lifted one of her eyebrows.

“As a proper apology.” Yoongi gave her a smile. The sincere one.

Eunjung with serious face sneaking into the paperback. Then, she widen her eyes. Unbelievable!

“What do you mean by this? I can't accept this.” Eunjung push the paperback away. There's a brand new phone inside it. Samsung Galaxy Edge. Still in sealed box.

“It's just a gift from me. I hope you can accept it.” Yoongi begged.

“Do you think I am too desperate to have something luxury?” Eunjung started to being angry.

Yoongi kinda speechless.

“Look. I just expect something honest from you and you think I will accept this? It's a big no. Thank you so much.” Eunjung already stood up and walked way.

Yoongi quickly grabbed her wrist. Eunjung stop walking. She froze there.

“I am sorry. Okay? Really sorry. What can I do to make you accepting me, I mean my apology. Please. I never thought it could be like this. I am honest.” Yoongi also can't believe that he could say those words. He just too guilty as he always thought that girl was Eujin.

Eunjung turn, facing him. Something naughty playing in her mind. 

“Just stop it. I don't think you need the apology. You're rich and you will have a happy life without it.” Eunjung make Yoongi more guilty.

“Okay, if that so, I will do anything for you. I promise.” Yoongi bite his lower lips. Desperate much.

“Is it true? Okay. If that so, spend a day with me. You should know how poor people live.” Eunjung smirked.

“Wwwhatt?” Yoongi already trapped.

***
Yoongi know he couldn't blame the girl because of this. It's his fault and he shouldn't have to make promises or anything. Tomorrow, he will have a big day. He also didn't know what will be happened tomorrow. After gave Leejun a call to inform him about his condition tomorrow, he calm himself by looking out through the window. The night view of busy city. He sighed. He couldn't think well when it comes to that girl. His brain only can process the girl as Eujin. That's it. Yoongi then looked at the blue box on the bed. A ringing sound from it. Yoongi walked to it, opened the box. A familiar phone number appeared. Yoongi slide the screen to answer.

***
Eunjung can't believe she could do something unbelievable to a rich people. She also can't believe Yoongi will accept her insane idea. What will happen tomorrow? She was nervous enough. Wondering how Yoongi will doing tomorrow. She sighed. She should end it all quick as she want her normal days back without any rich people. She threw away all the mess in her head by giving a call to her mother. She knew and always know that her mother will not ever answer her call or maybe her mother not even know she would call. But this was the only way she wanted to express her feelings after her father passed away. She had no one.

As usual, Eunjung wait for the voicemail beep sound. Suddenly, within seconds, her call answered. Eunjung shocked to death. She's totally speechless.

“Yeoboseyo? Who is this?”

A male voice make Eunjung startled. She accidentally dropped her phone. And her cheap phone turning off.

***
Yoongi hissed as the caller ended the call. “Yah, it's weird.” Yoongi then put down the phone. He attracted to discover about the box that night. Well, it's almost a week after he got that mystery box. That night he will end up his insecurities.

Yoongi take out the file and put it on the bed. He managed to read the letter first. It's Mrs. Cho’s handwriting. His lips curled a smile. He missed the woman so much.


Yoongi-yah, are you doing well?
I am sorry to leave without aware you're not around. You're not grieve right? You're a good boy though.
I want to meet you and tell you everything before I go but I could only write this. I hope you understand. I want to tell you about something. Something important. I wish you could fulfill it.
Before I married to Mr. Cho, I am someone's wife. And he is Eujin's biological father. Because of we didn't get along well, I asked for divorce. And I brought Eujin with me, he with Eujin's twin sister. You may get shocked about Eujin's twin sister. Yes, it is true. I separate two of them. It's awful right? It happened when two of them were 4 years old. Eujin didn't asked much. She's an understanding girl. The thing is, her sister didn't accept all of this. She gave me some calls. But I felt annoyed about that. How an awful mother I am? I listened to the voicemail and then I realize she's suffering inside. As I know my ex husband passed away, I couldn't do anything. I just too afraid to show up. People will think something bad about me. How selfish am I. After Eujin left us, I started to realize that what I’ve been doing was wrong. Sometimes I secretly watching what she's been doing, what she do, what she’ve been through. I just too timid to appeared in front of her. I didn't have strength. I sent her money or gift sometimes but secretly. Now, I am no longer here. I can't look after her anymore. So, my wish is, could you protect her like you tend to protect Eujin before? Could you look after her for me? Could you cherish her? She's my only diamond left. I want to pay all of my wrongdoings towards her. And I know, you can do it for me.

Lots of love,

Cho Hyunjoo.


Yoongi kinda speechless. Like a stone fall to his shoulder, he could feel the responsibility he will fulfill. Yoongi then found a family photo attached. He could see Mrs. Cho smiling happily with little Eujin on her lap. Next to her, was a man which probably her ex husband and a girl with Eujin's face on his lap. She got brownish hair. All of them with delighted faces. But Yoongi found a torn between Mrs. Cho and her husband. It was mend by tape. Yoongi could figure it out how awful their marriage that bring to divorce. 
Yoongi then move to the phone. He listened to the voicemail.

Voicemail 1:

“Omma, it's me. I try to call you but it's not working. I hope you’ll listen to this till the end. So, how you doing? How about Eujin? Appa and me doing well. I just wanna tell you that after you leave, appa seemed upset much. He started to work hard and had a good work. He didn't tried to search for new companion. He told me that you're his first and last. How sweet he is. Omma, I miss you so much. Let's back to us. And I would be the happiest one!”

Voicemail 2: 

“Omma, it's been a year. You still didn't answer my call. You don't know how much I miss you. You must be happy with your new family. You didn't pay us a visit. I wonder, did Eujin still remember me? Omma, didn't you miss me?”

Voicemail 3:

“Omma, I now understand your condition. You must hate appa a lot. Nevermind, I am okay. I grow up well now and appa said I become matured. I promise to call you often even you didn't replied. I hope you will listen to this. I am middle schoolers now and I just want to say that I will always love no matter what had happened. Pray for my first day at school. I will study hard only to search for you and meet you. I promise. Saranghae, omma!”

Voicemail 4: 

“Omma, I already become a beautiful lady. Well, I will go to high school this year. I really want to show you how pretty am I. Appa said I have your smile. I am so happy with that. Omma, tomorrow is my birthday and Eujin. I didn't expecting much. Appa also didn't afford to buy cool things. I just want you.”

Voicemail 5: 

“Omma, appa is sick. It's been two weeks. We can't afford to pay the hospital so, appa managed to stay at home. Appa suffered much. Pity him. Erm.. I got to go. Appa called me out.” 

Voicemail 6:

“Omma, appa is dying now. Doctor said he only had two days. Don't you wanna see him for last time? It's not for me, it's for him. You're his treasure. Meeting you probably his last wish. Omma, please… I am begging you!”

Voicemail 7: 

“Omma, I managed to hate you because you're so mean to not come here for appa last day in this world. But I wondering, did you even listen to my voicemail or maybe I just a stupid girl who talk alone. Huh. Omma, I didn't have anyone left. Appa already left me. I am a loner now. What should I do? Can I still live my life? Or not?” 

Voicemail 8: 

“Omma, did you pray for me? If that so, jinjja gomawo. I just shocked that everything going smoothly and very well. It's like someone helping me. I am so grateful. I am working at a flower shop in weekend. And after school I will work at the public library. It's help me a lot in studies. Omma, I miss appa already. He always supporting me whenever I do something. He taught me to be strong. Omma, by any chance can we even meet one day?”

Voicemail 9:

“Omma, I can't do my further studies. University fees is just too expensive. I can't afford it. Well, even my final exam result is the best, I can't do anything. Now I will just working to pay the house rent and for my food. I am saving too but I still don't know what to do after this. Omma, stay healthy, okay?”

Yoongi sighed. How pity this girl. She didn't even know her mother and Eujin had passed away. Yoongi then, open up a file. There's some documents about her and all the documents which shows Mrs. Cho sent her money and pay her rental house. Finally, he found the girl's picture. From her high school until recent time. Yoongi was in shock. He recognized the girl. Totally! He read the writing behind the photos. 

‘Lee Eunjung.’


-to be continued 

*Author’s note

Hey, readers~ How was it? Sorry of late update. Kinda busy with school. I try my best to convey the story from my thoughts. I am sorry if the story didn't same as you are expected. Comment for any suggestions! ^^
Recently, I got my mid year exam result and my English paper was one of the worse. Even my physics and chemistry marks better than English. I hope you guys can tell me my error in grammar or sentence construction. So, I can learn from it or maybe improve a bit. Please support me. Thank you so much! Lots of love, me! :*