6: Crow's Tears

That 24 Hours-2: Time Machine

 

Yoongi knew he can't tell Eunjung a thing or he will put himself into a risk. Risk that Eunjung could commit suicide or anything beyond mind. He managed to just remain silent and continued his responsibility without Eunjung even realised. But in the deep of his heart there was love for her.

***

“We're arrived.” Yoongi stopped the car and turn his head to Eunjung. She was into her dream. Resting her head against the car window. She seemed tired.

Yoongi leaned forward to waked her up. With the tiny distance, he whispered. “Eunjung-ssi, we’ve arrived.” 

Eunjung slowly open up her eyes. She turned to be startled as Yoongi's eyes met hers. With the gloomy light from the lampost outside, her heart pounded hard. She melted.

“Are you crying?” Yoongi asked while wiped a drop of tears from her eye with his thumb. Eunjung back to reality. “I dream of appa.” Her voice became shaky.

Yoongi sat back and smiled. “You seemed tired much. Have some rest, okay?”

By that time, Eunjung felt her heart gonna exploded.

***
Eunjung knocked her chest several times while climbed up the stairs to her house. Her heart just can't stop beating fast and even her face became hot. Suddenly, she heard someone sneezed. Then, slowly, she turned back.

“Yoongi-ssi?” 

Yoongi threw his ‘yeah imma busted’ face. “It's already night. You might need accompany.” The he ran to Eunjung's side. Covering his embarrassment.

“Nothing to be shown. My house is just big as your room.” Eunjung sighed. Just too shy to show her poor house.

“I just want to check out how rooftop house looks like.” Yoongi pouted like he never cared.

They reach the top and Yoongi looked around. The view from there attracted him. “Wow! It's beautiful here. You can see the stars clearly.” Yoongi enjoying himself. 

As no response from Eunjung, Yoongi ran to her. Eunjung froze in front of her door. There was a notice there which written:

Pay the rental payment within a week or I will kick you out

Yoongi accidentally read it too. Suddenly, Eunjung snatched the notice away.

“Yah! What are you looking at? Do you know people's privacy?” Eunjung then gave Yoongi a sharp gaze and quickly stepped into her house then slammed the door. 

Yoongi being speechless. He knew he need to do something. He can't let Eunjung kicked out. He must search the solution. “Goodnight, Eunjung.” Yoongi sighed then leaved.

***
Eunjung showered with guilty. She just too embarrassed and let out her anger to Yoongi. She can't sleep that night. She need to say sorry tomorrow. She owe too much of his kindness.

***
Next day

Eunjung went to Yoongi's office. She take a leave from work that day just for Yoongi and she brought along a lunch box with some homemade breakfast which Yoongi crave for. 

As soon as she reached the lobby, she saw a group of men with complete suit and there were Yoongi and Leejun. Leejun was reading something from his planner book to Yoongi who buttoned up his blazer while walking. There were three men behind them with briefcase and serious face. They walking out from the building for meeting. 

Eunjung sighed. Yoongi must be busy but she still need to say sorry. She made her way to the waiting room next to Yoongi's room. She managed to wait there until Yoongi back. She already informed the receptionist about her existence. She got a cup of tea for return. Eunjung was informed that Yoongi will be back late. She patiently waited in the waiting room.

10 minutes waiting and Eunjung getting bored. She looked around. She found a lots of magazines and books in the glass shelf. Eunjung check them out and read one by one. 

Magazines after magazines. They showed a lot of the company's success and also Yoongi featured in there. Then, Eunjung started to realized a thing. Yoongi is one of the important person in the country and his company leading it's own industry. And just who is she in Yoongi's eyes? She sighed. She then put the lunch box beside the trash bin and walked out of room.

Before leaving the building, Eunjung stopped at the washroom. Doing some private business. After that, she washed her hands and she remembered something. She left her motorcycle key in the room. Quickly, she ran back to the waiting room.

***
Eunjung entered the room. Crap! Yoongi was there. And he was eating his breakfast from Eunjung's lunch box. 

“Hey, I heard you're waiting for me.” Yoongi asked but his eyes fixed on the food.

Eunjung sighed. Didn't know what to do. She managed to just ignore him so, she took the key on the table and trying to escape. 

“Yah! I back here 5 minutes early from the meeting just because I heard you're around. And now you just ignoring me?” Yoongi seemed angry. 

Eunjung quickly sat down at the sofa beside Yoongi. Smiled innocently. “By the way, where do you got that lunch box?” She changed the topic. Scared of angry Yoongi.

“I just think it's mine as soon as I found it. So, I eat it as I crave for it.” Yoongi eat deliciously and Eunjung was touched.

“I’m happy you like it.” Eunjung said softly but still can be heard.

“It's not totally delicious. I just hungry.” Yoongi returning back the emptied lunch box to Eunjung. Still with his ego. “So, what brings you here? Miss me?” Yoongi being playful.

“Tsk. Exactly, no!” She lied. “I meet you just to say sorry because of last night. I'm too harsh and not thanking you. So…”

“That's all?” Yoongi asked. 

“Well, that's it.” Eunjung nodded.

He suddenly stood up. “Wait at my car in 5 minutes. I have something to talk to you. This in an order and you still in my rules. Don't dare run away. You don't know how Min Yoongi in anger.” Yoongi seemed serious and Eunjung can't do a thing than obey.

***
At the restaurant 

“Eunjung-ssi, did you take a leave from work because of me?” Yoongi while staring at eating Eunjung. He didn't order anything as he was full enough.

Eunjung nearly to choke but the condition still could be controlled. “Well… Not really..” She lied.

“Nevermind, it's good though. I don't have to drive and go for you.” Yoongi said and sipped his caramel macchiato.

“So…. What's so important to talk about?” Eunjung seemed nervous.

“Well… I will tell you straight away and you can't interrupt until my last words. Okay?” Yoongi being serious. Eunjung nodded with her ‘just said it and I don't really care because I am hungry’ face.

“There's a new apartment built nearby your house and well, as one of the main shareholder of the developer, I get some units of the apartment. We used to sell them to the public. But yesterday I accidentally found out that you're having trouble with your rental payment. So, I thought to give a unit to you.” Yoongi smiled but Eunjung choked aloud. 

“What? Are you serious?” Eunjung took a shot of mineral water hurriedly.

“This kind of thing is not improper to make fun.” Yoongi still smiling. 

“No, I can’t accept it! It's just too much. A house? Do you think I am a beggar?” Eunjung hold back her anger.

“Okay. My expectation is correct. I already prepared for this.” Then he continued, ignoring Eunjung confuse face. “You're given second choice. I will settle up your rental payment and buy the house. So, you can live there happily without pay anything.” 

“Wait.. Wait… Why are you doing all this?” Eunjung just insecure.

“Well, because I want you stop working as a delivery girl. Danger is everywhere nowadays and I can’t always be with you. So, that's it. You work because of money and if this payment paid, your money burden lessen. But if you can change your work time at the restaurant and the flower shop that could be better. You can rest at night and treat yourself on weekend. You can get a better life too. You know what I mean right?” Yoongi ideas make Eunjung felt bad of herself.

“I…. I…” Eunjung was speechless.

As no response from Eunjung except mutters, Yoongi made his decision. “Silence mean yes. So, I take that as agree. I will settle everything up. So, don’t worry much.” Yoongi threw his wink and took out his phone. Calling his assistant. “Yeah, stick on plan B and make sure everything settle in today.” He then hang up. “Everything will start tomorrow.” Yoongi seemed happy.

“What the hell you’re doing?!” Eunjung burst out. “You're controlling my life or what!?” She lost her appetite.

Yoongi's mood turned to be bad. “Can you being grateful? I just wanna help you and give you a bearable life! Is that too hard?” He still controlled his anger.

Eunjung bit her lower lip. Yoongi was true. She stared at her shoes. Suddenly, Yoongi's phone rang. It's his mother.

“Dae, omma.” Yoongi said softly. “Yea. The meeting already ended.” Yoongi listening to her mother and his face changed. Totally. “What?!” It's a bad news. Yoongi already stood up and walking out from the restaurant. “I’ll be there soon.” Yoongi ended the call.

“Yah! Yah! What happened?” Eunjung quickly followed Yoongi to his car. Yoongi was ignoring her. She stepped into the car as Yoongi already in. “Yah! Yoongi-ssi, tell me what happened.” Eunjung asked again.

Yoongi sighed. “Gong ahjumma. She hit by a car and now, she's in comma.” Yoongi said weakly. Eunjung could see sadness drew in his face.

***
They reached the hospital in really short time as Yoongi didn't care the speed limit and traffic lights. Yoongi hurriedly into the hospital while Eunjung just tailing from the back.

Mr. and Mrs. Min were there with worried face. They wanted to leave after Yoongi arrived. Eunjung managed to stay away and act like some other netizens.

***
Yoongi sat beside unconscious Mrs. Gong who wired up. He squeezed her hand. “Ahjumma, Yoongi is here. Your little rascal.  And I promise to stay here until you're awake. So, don't be scared.” Yoongi smiled bitterly. “Ahjumma, I know, I used to burden you but don't do this to me. Wake up. I am in worry. You make me sad. Believe me. I already drop out my tears.” It's true though. The tears didn't stop flowing on his cheeks. “I love you ahjumma. I miss your cook and how you call me as son.” 

Eunjung stared from distance. Her eyes became teary. She understood the sadness and despair. 

***
The day getting dark and Eunjung excused herself to work. Leaving Yoongi alone with Mrs. Gong. 

Early in the morning, the sun still not there. Yoongi's sleep distracted as someone his hair. He opened up his eyes. “Ahjumma! You're awake!” Yoongi exclaimed in joyous. “I will call the doctor.” He was in delight. Suddenly, Mrs. Gong grabbed Yoongi hand. She shook her heads and pulled Yoongi to her side. “Anything ahjumma?” Yoongi asked softly. She smiled weakly. “I can't wait some more.” She coughed. “Anything that happen to me after this, just stay in strength, passion and courage. Arasseo?” She cupped Yoongi's cheek. “I know you're a strong boy. I love you, son.” Mrs. Gong’s hand fell from Yoongi's cheek. Her eyes were slowly closed. 

“I love you too, ahjumma.” Yoongi sighed.

***
Next day

Eunjung managed to check out Yoongi's condition. She just worried. Eunjung stopped at the cafeteria before meeting Yoongi. She bought Yoongi a cup of caramel macchiato. After stepping out from the elevator, Eunjung went to the exact room. Her lips curled a smile as she saw Yoongi stepping out from the room. 

“Yoongi-ssi!” She waved.

Yoongi lifted up his face and froze while Eunjung with white skinny long pants, white round collar blouse with sky blue stripes and black sneakers ran towards him. 

“Here, I buy you drinks! Are you take your breakfast yet?” Eunjung smiled. 

Suddenly, Yoongi stepped forward and hugged Eunjung. 

“Yah… Why are you…” Eunjung in speechless and almost dropped the drinks.

Yoongi rested his head on Eunjung shoulder, bury his face into Eunjung's hair. The hug tighten and Eunjung could feel Yoongi's breathe. He was shaking and Eunjung believed that he was crying. 

“Is anything bad happened? Tell me…” Eunjung put her courage to ask. 

Yoongi let out the hug. He wiped his tears and smiled weakly. His face showed sadness, disappointment and despair. Then, he walked away without turning back. Eunjung called him out but she was ignored. She sighed.

***
Eunjung in panicked when Mr. and Mrs. Min came over. But she can't leave Mrs. Gong alone even she already died. She then keep calm and cool. “Annyeonghaseyo.” She greeted them and bowed. 

“Who are you by the way?” Mrs. Min asked in a kind tone.

“I am Yoongi's mate.” Eunjung didn't think she was Yoongi's friend.

Mrs. Min nodded. “Where's Yoongi?” 

“He already leave. I think he need some space to be alone.” Eunjung smiled in nervous. 

“Yeah, you're right. This may be hard to him.” Mrs. Min sighed. 

***
Eunjung was invited to have lunch with the rich couple. Eunjung can't refuse. She afraid to refuse. Mr. Min and Mrs. Min didn't ask anything privacy like her background, family or occupation. That's a big relieved to Eunjung. Mrs. Min only talk about Mr. Gong and all her kindness. Eunjung being a good listener and only respond a little.

“Eunjung dear, can I ask you something?” Mrs. Min asked.

“What is it?” Eunjung smiled in nervous.

“What do think about Yoongi? Personally. In the eyes of a woman.” Mrs. Min stared at her straight deeply in the eyes.

Eunjung blinked her eyes in shocked. “Dae? Yoongi? Ah….” Eunjung was speechless. “He… He is a good man.” Cautious answer.

“What do you mean by good?” Mrs Min asked again.

“Well, he has a heart of gold and wise in directing….and…. Actually, I newly meet him. He has a lot of personality which I still can't figure it out.” Eunjung ended up with a nervous smile. “I am sorry.” She grinned.

“Nevermind dear. It's okay.” Mrs Min tapped her shoulder and threw her kind smile.

Suddenly, it started to rain outside. Caught Mrs. Min and Eunjung's attention. 

“Yoongi.” Eunjung accidentally whispered. She just worried and Mrs. Min noticed that. “Mrs. Min, I think I should back home now. Before it's raining heavily.” 

Mrs. Min knew Eunjung wanted to search for Yoongi. She nodded. “I will let you sent by my driver. If you succeed searching for Yoongi, tell him that his parents worried to death. Take care, dear.” 

Eunjung shocked as Mrs. Min could read her mind. “Dae. Arasseo.” She answered short.

***
First thing first, they (Eunjung and driver)  detecting where was Yoongi's car. But, they found it at his office and Leejun said Yoongi was not there. He left his phone in the car. Then, they moved to the nearby restaurant and café which Yoongi probably go. The rain became a hard downpour cause Eunjung's worry increasing. Then she managed to meet Seokjin at his restaurant.

“Hey, Eunjung, what's bring you here?” Seokjin asked awkwardly. Nearly to call her Eujin.

“Hey! Actually, I need your help.” Eunjung then explained what had happened.

Suddenly, from nowhere, Taehyung came. “Hey guys!” Grinned happily. Seemed like he need a lot of food after the class over. 

“Eunjung-ssi, talk to Taehyung for awhile. I have something to settle up. I will be back.” Seokjin excused himself and leave them. 

Taehyung in confusion. “What's up?” 

Eunjung explained everything for the second time. “So, could you figure it out where he is?” 

“Yoongi-hyung… I… Don't really sure but… I don't think he wanted to be found.” Taehyung told her.

“But what if something bad happened? It's raining heavily right now. Anything could happen.” Worried written in her face.

“Yeah, he found unconscious in the crowd of people after his girl passed away years ago and it's raining too. Remember?” Seokjin arrived with a glass of hot chocolate which suitable to drink in the rain. He gave it to Eunjung and took the seat beside her.

“Yeah that's right. After noona passed away…” Taehyung sighed.

“Did you mean… Yoongi's special friend or I could say his girlfriend? Who suffered in tumor?” Eunjung's question shocked both men.

“He tell you about her?” Taehyung eagerly asked. 

“Yeah, he said I remind him about her. Did we really look alike? I am curious though.” Eunjung smiled bitterly.

“Well, not really….but…..” Taehyung didn't want to lie but he can't tell her.

“Wait! I think I know where Yoongi at.” Seokjin change the topic. He secretly threw a sharp gaze to Taehyung. A warning gaze to make sure shut.

“Really? Tell me. I will check it out.” Eunjung became excited.

“At the abandoned basketball nearby our orphanage?” Seokjin let out his idea.

“Yeah, probably. He still like to spend time there even all alone.” Taehyung agreed.

“Okay, message me the place and I will check him there. Thank you.” Eunjung quickly leave that place before having a sip of the drinks.

“That Eunjung is really no joke.” Seokjin shook his head while told Eunjung where she should go trough the phone. “She is worrying too much.”

“I hope Yoongi hyung didn’t mad. He really don't like people interrupting his alone time. Especially there.” Taehyung added.

“Well, it seems like Eunjung fell into him.” Seokjin said and Taehyung nodded in agree.

“By the way…Hyung, I want that.” Taehyung pointed at the hot chocolate which still hot. He grinned. 

***
Seokjin and Taehyung were right. Eunjung saw a figure of man played basketball alone there. Eunjung hoped that it was Yoongi. It's reliable that the rain was getting slow down.

“Ahjussi, stop here.” Eunjung asked the driver then she stepped out from the car with an umbrella.

She walked slowly towards the court. Her white pants already dirty with the mud stains there. Then, she managed to stand in distance. Yoongi was running while dribbling the ball and hurriedly threw it into the ring. First try, failed. And repeatedly failed. But he was not hesitate. 

Lastly, he threw away the ball randomly and accidentally, landed in front of Eunjung. Yoongi saw her and threw his sharp gaze. Eunjung smiled. She picked up the ball and walked towards Yoongi. 

“Hi. Am I interrupting?” She grinned innocently. 

 Yoongi snatched away the ball from her hand without saying a word. Dribbled it so some more.

Eunjung bit her lower lip. She didn't know what to do. 

“Leave me alone and mind your own business.” Yoongi said without even looking at her.

“But… Your parents worried sick about you.” Eunjung pleaded.

“Tell them I am okay. Nothing to worry about.” Yoongi made another shot. 

“Is playing basketball alone in the middle of rain make sense? You're not okay. Let's back home!” Eunjung shook her head.

“Are those incidents that happened to me make sense? Death after death. Are those even make sense? Should I being okay after all those things happened?” Yoongi cried in anger. His tears flowed away with the raindrops. “You’ll never understand!” 

“So, losing a father in front of your eyes after left by your mother was not hurt? Leaving alone and stay survive alone in 10 years were not hurt? How was it, Min Yoongi? I don't understand you? I think I should learn your logic, then.” Eunjung sarcasming him.

Yoongi kept shut. Eunjung was true. 

“I know, it is hard to accept all of this. But, you should remember, did they who left you want to see you become like this? Weak and lost. Do you think so?” Eunjung stepped forward to him. “You must have courage and stay for your parents or to be clear your foster parents. They still love you and need you. There's more things that you can achieve onwards. Move on.” 

Yoongi's head suddenly spinning. He was born to be not really tough in the rain. He fell into Eunjung's arm. His sight became dark. He just tired.

***
Yoongi opened up his eyes. Everything was white and he was in confusion. “Where am I? Am I already die?” He yelled.

“No. Not yet. Your responsibility isn't done yet. You can't die.” From nowhere, Eujin came to him with sharp gaze.

“Eujin? Is that you?” Yoongi rubbed his eyes. Can't believe what he saw.

-to be continued