Mingyu: Part 2

Life With Seventeen
Weeks had passed after the examination results had been released. You just decided to accept your results and move on, realising that it would do no one good to just sit there mope about it  anymore. You just put in a little more effort in your revision every two nights or so, with Mingyu being a huge help with it, as he never left your side during your hard times. Soon, September came around the corner,  and your class president decided to organise a class gathering at a buffet restaurant to celebrate the school year ending. Seeing as it would be your last year with this set of classmates, you readily agreed.
 
"Babe!" you shouted into the house for Mingyu as he was fetching you to the venue due to it being quite a distance. The thing was that at the rate that he was changing, you would definitely be late, very, very late if you guys did not leave as soon as possible.
 
"Coming, Y/N! Give me a sec!" You heard Mingyu shout down from the stairs as you were already by the door, tapping your foot in impatience. And finally, finally, your boyfriend hurried down the stairs as he rushed through the door, pulling you along towards the car. 
 
"So sorry sweetheart, please forgive meeeee" Mingyu desperately begged you as in a cute ageyo tone. You could tell that he was really sorry, and you had to admit although you were a little angry at him for making you late, his ageyo actions just extinguished all the anger that had been there in your body before. 
 
"Yeah, yeah, okay. Now stop. I forgive you. Now concentrate on your driving please, babe." you told him while laughing and pecking his cheek.
 
He chuckled with that deep honey voice that you could never get enough off as he took your right hand and intertwined them in between your seats. Both of you chuckled and giggled as you talked to him to keep your nerves down. You acted like you were feeling fine, and you actually were, but there was this nagging feeling in the back of your head that told you that something...... bad  was going to happen involving you. Brushing it away as you yourself just being paranoid, you just focused on the fact that since it was the last time you would be seeing this batch of classmates, you should just focus on the treasuring the last moments before all of you part for good.
 
"Penny for your thoughts, babe?" Mingyu's voice broke you out of your trance.
 
You shake your head as you flashed him a gummy smile. After that, both of you just kept up your cute, dissing, bickering and just random talks until you reached the restaurant.
 
"And......we are here!" Mingyu exclaimed after parking the car, acting like he was your chauffeur. You laughed out loud at his funny roleplay.
 
"Yeah....yeah, just remember to pick my up at 12.40 pm, ok?"
 
"Okay! Your personal chauffeur will definitely be on time!' Mingyu told you laughing.
 
You kissed his cheek and waved goodbye to him as you walked into the restaurant. As soon as you walked into the restaurant, you were greeted by a wave of happy noise and laughter. The table with your friends stood out amongst the other customers at the restaurant, as you walked over to their table and sat down in a random seat. Laughing as you greeted your friends, best friends and classmates cheerily, all of you played games, ate the deliciously grilled meat there, and had loads and loads of fun. All of you were talking about the memories from your high school and were laughing at some of the untold stories until then. It unknowingly passed 1pm and you guys were still in the restaurant, partying. You were having the time of your life until your enemy decided to bring up the recent examination. 
 
"Hey...... you know the recent examination, guys.... teacher said that that one person who failed actually pulled down the entire class average down to the 5th place of the school right? What a pity! Don't you agree, Y/N?" your enemy suddenly asked you that question.
 
"Yes........" you replied softly. You could already feel tears welling up in your eyes as you replied.
 
"Should I tell them that it was you---oops!" your enemy suddenly said "accidentally".
 
As soon as she said that, whispers filled the area, as you heard your classmates going, "so it's her", "it's her", and the meaner ones in her clique going " embarrassing us...... what a loser."
 
She knew. You did not know how but she knew. And the way she revealed it to everyone made you so embarrassed and shocked. The look on her face, that fake and smug smile plastered over lips, and that evil glint in her eyes had boasted to you that she had won this time. You were embarrassed, humiliated, and just disgusted overall.You knew she wanted to embarrass you in front of classmates, you knew she wanted you to admit that it was you that brought the class' average down, and you knew that she wanted to make everyone angry and hate you for it.
 
And the cause for this was actually Mingyu. Every since the first time Mingyu had come to fetch you from school, she saw him and instantly "fell in love" with him, because he was so handsome and was better than her current on-off boyfriend. And every since then, she had been trying to flirt with him every time she sees him pick you up. In short, she is just jealous and thinks that Mingyu will come to her because of her flirting, her beautiful looks, and her grades. Well, both of you were always competitors for the top and second place. Most of the time you were top, rarely second. So, since you were last this time, she was, needless to say, the top.
 
"Shouldn't you apologise to us for pulling us down Y/N?" she said as I stole her glance at her smug face.
 
Feeling maligned, you retorted back carefully but softly.
 
"Apologise? Why should I apologise for something I cannot control?"
 
Your enemy was not fazed. She gave you an "are you dumb?" look and told you
 
"Because you pulled the class down with your failure, and your horrible results?"
 
Hearing that, you immediately thought to yourself.
 
"Why is she so obsessed with my results? And why does she keep repeating that? It cannot be......---Wait......wait, it cannot be, he cannot be here, right?"
 
'Don't want to apologise when it's your fault? What a b*tch!" she exclaimed evilly, thinking that she had won.
 
Hearing that last insult, you just could not take it anymore. You took your shoulder bag lying on the chair, pushed the chair out, turned around and left, with tears running down your first uncontrollably. Your tears clouded your vision, and your path became blurry as you walk-ran to the exit.You really did not care where you were going until you bumped into someone. That guy had a familiar toned body, a familiar scent, and he was wearing a familiar shirt too. Could he really be here?
 
Through your tears, you looked at the person whom you bumped into, only to see a man. 
 
Your man.
 
Mingyu looked down at you with a concerned face, and a frown formed. He pulled you to his side and told your enemy something.
 
"Don't mess with MY girl."
 
After that, he slightly dragged you along behind into the car. While both of you were in the car, the tension was unbelievable. You did not dare to talk looking at Mingyu's serious face. The entire ride was entirely silent, scary and unsettling. After what seemed like an eternity, both of you finally reached your house. As soon as Mingyu parked the car, he got out and slammed the door shut, then walked into the house, slamming that door shut as well. You meekly followed after him, sighing as you went along.
 
Taking a deep breath, you slowly opened the door to see your boyfriend on the couch sitting there and looking quite pissed off. As much as you knew that he would want to ask what was going on, you just wanted to escape this moment because Mingyu looked really scary. You tried to tip toe behind the sofa to get to the room until you heard Mingyu firmly speak, a tone you have only heard him used about once in your entire time as his girlfriend.
 
"Stop right there."
 
You in a breath as you saw Mingyu come towards you in the corner of your eye. As you looked away, you suddenly felt a strong grip on your wrist, the strength of the of it so strong, you were sure it was going to leave at least a bruise on your wrist later. Mingyu dragged you to the couch and let you sit down, before removing his hand from your wrist, as you looked down and already saw a hint of purple forming.
 
Mingyu took a glance at your wrist and his eyes widened for a second but got back to what he wanted to say before.
 
"I believe that you have some explaining to do."
 
You looked up at him, took a deep breath and explained.
 
"All this started when you came to fetch me for the very first time."  you told him, your voice already cracking and the floodgates ready to open.
 
"She was jealous of me for having you and she wanted to steal you. What you saw today was only the t...tip of the iceberg, Mingyu-ah. After seeing you that day, she started to bully me, thinking that I would summon to her  threats and give you up. And that lead to how she started to flirt with you and insult me in front of you thinking that you would ditch me and hook up with her."  I told Mingyu in one breath and of course, the floodgates for both you and him long opened already.
 
With his tear-stained face, he retorted violently, " I will never do-
 
"And I actually believed her...." you said to Mingyu while looking down at the floor. You always wondered when your inferiority complex would let it rule over your heart, and it seemed like it was starting to...... right now.
 
" Baby, look at me, listen, please," Mingyu said voice filled with desperation, as he gripped your shoulders.
 
Hearing his voice, you slowly lifted your head up and glanced at him. At his tear-stained face, you could not help but choke up yet again seeing him as you were the one that made him cry.
 
" Hey sweetheart, listen.", Mingyu pleaded with his eyes, you could see it, the big round eyes pleading with you.
 
"First off, I'm sorry for letting you feel this way. I must not have been a good enough boyfriend to make you feel secure about yourself. I also didn't mean to injure you just now, I was actually really angry at myself for not being able to protect you from all the bullies in your school. I'm really sorry for all that, it's all my fault......." Mingyu rambled on, with endless tears streaming down his face.
 
Well, your tears did not listen to you for the second time that day, and down it went on your face. You shook your head, telling him that you did not think that it was his fault and that you were the one at fault instead, for believing the bullies, for making him cry, and for breaking his heart, seeing you drowned in tears. 
 
And as sudden as all this happened, Mingyu grabbed the back of your neck gently, and pulled you towards him, for the most comforting kiss you knew you would remember for a long, long time. Mingyu was your boyfriend, and nothing would ever change that.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: hi guys!! its lollllli again! im finally back from all the exams and whatnot, so yeah, ecpext a lot more update and chapters coming!! till next time~