Mingyu: Part 1

Life With Seventeen
"Wake up! It's already 7 am, Y/N" you boyfriend, Mingyu stated in a whiny voice while pulling the covers of you, in an almost futile attempt to get you wake up as it was the day to collect your results.
 
"Urghhh, I don't want to see my results todayyy, I'm pretty sure that I would do badly and have to retain for the year or something. I was very much sick when I did it, oppa.", you mumbled face first into the pillow.
 
Hearing all of those, Mingyu immediately scooped you up in a bridal style cheekily, before attacking your face with sloppy kisses and carrying you to the bathroom, before he let gently let you down and gave you a light push in the bathroom to get your morning routine started. You groaned softly, but nevertheless started brushing your teeth, washing your face and so on and so forth while your giant dork of a boyfriend started preparing breakfast for you. 
 
Half and hour later, you came out of the room where some casual smart clothes, with some light makeup on. You were going to school after all, not to a party.
 
As soon as you stepped into the living room, you saw Mingyu there flipping pancakes for breakfast. You wanted to surprise him, but then his animal sense caught it and turned around just a second before you were about to backhug him. Mingyu scanned a look up and down at you, before nodding his head in satisfaction claiming that he "approves". At his silly and dorky ways like this, you just rolled you eyes playfully before tucking into the pancakes he made specially just for you, knowing your likes and dislikes exactly. Soon after, after spending that half and hour of precious time with Mingyu, it was time to face the thundering storm just ahead of you. Just then, your phone blasted your ringtone, signifying that a phone call had come in. You whipped your phone out and saw your best friend's name as you hurriedly answered the call.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Where are you, Y/N?"
 
"I'm coming!"
 
"You better be, there's fifteen minutes left!"
 
"Fine, see you there!"
 
As you ended the phone call with your best friend, you were already desperately dragging Mingyu out of the door with you. He just chuckled at your actions and gave a random peck on your cheek. Yeah, your boyfriend really liked to kiss you anywhere randomly,  much to your partial delight, but partial embarrassment.
 
Then, as usual, Mingyu drove you to school and pecked your nose and lips before waving and winking at you as you entered the school gate. Today was a short day, as soon as you took your results, everyone would be dismissed. Not wanting to trouble Mingyu to come back again, you told him that you would get home yourself.
 
Walking the familiar route to your classroom, you just could not wait to get your results and go home. As you walked into the classroom, a wave of noise and chaos overwhelmed you as you found your seat in the midst of the chaos and sat down with a sigh. Your best friend in front immediately chided you for coming so late, but you could not care less. You just wanted you results. You knew that you were quite sick while doing the paper, so the chances of doing badly for it was high, but you hoped that the fact that you were consistently in the class' top ten people would save your a bit. Just then, your homeroom teacher came in and everybody scrambled back to their seats within seconds.
 
Your homeroon teacher then started talking about how well the class did and mentioned that except for one person, everyone had passed the test with at least a B. She did not reveal who that person was but, call it woman's instincts, you were certain that it was you, even though you desperately hoped for a big miracle. Soon after, she started giving out the report books and when she called your name, you could not help but notice a tinge of dissappointment her face. As you walked back o your seat and flipped your report bok, you were slapped right in the face with a chorus of marks in red, meaning that you had failed. Almost every subject. Tears quickly formed in your eyes but you hurriedly blinked them away. You had no idea that such a simpme sickness like the flu could affect you so badly. You realised thst you should have listened to Mingyu and went for the makeup exam instead. Slamming your report book, your homeroom teacher dismissed the class, and as you speed-walked out, you heard your teacher calling you, as you immediately turned back and sheepishly walked towards her.
 
She gestured for you to take a seat in front of her and you carefully sat down as she did so opposite you. A tired sigh escaped her lips as she looked at your slightly tear-stained face.
 
"What happened to you, Y/N? You were always in at least the top 10 of the class." she did not scold, she did not even glare, yet disappointment was written all over her face.
 
You looked down guiltily and answered in a small voice.
 
"I was sick, quite sick, Miss."
 
"Then why didn't you take the make-up test? I'm pretty sure you would have done better if you had just applied for the make-up test instead."
 
Listening to what your homeroom teacher had to say, you knew that due to you stubbornness, it had resulted in the downfall of your results. You sighed and bowed your head. Seeing that you were already quite disappointed, your homeroom teacher told you to think before you act next time and sent you on your way home. Once you got out of the school gates, you plugged in your earphones and trudged to the bus stop. If it were not for your you makeup, you would not be surprised if the public identified you as a zombie.
 
Soon after, the bus came and you boarded the bus, not caring about your surroundings. You were too frustrated and disappointed with yourself to care about anything. For the rest of the trip, you were stoning and spacing out until you almost missed your own house. You pressed the stop button at the last minute and the driver jammed break just for you as you half-ran down the bus as everyone was glaring at you for that sudden stop. You bowed slightly and literally ran off the bus at this point. You knew that once you reached the safe haven in front of you, you would not have to pretend anymore.
 
Running to the door of your house, you rummaged through your bag, barely even finding your keys. When you did, you lazily opened the door as you heard Mingyu's running footsteps to the door. 
 
"Hey, babe!, How did you do? I bet you-" Mingyu started babbling as you just dropped your bag on the floor harshly and walked past him straight into the room that you guys share.
 
"Leave me alone."
 
Slamming the door behind you, you could feel Mingyu tense up behind you. He had never seen you like this before and he was a little intimidated.
 
In the room, however, you were slowly losing it. Taking out your report card from your bag, you flipped through it again, only for your own embarrassing marks to be thrown in your sight. That was it. Curling yourself up into a ball on the bed, you bawled and wailed into the bedsheets as countless tears tore away from your eyes and trickled down your face. You were blaming yourself too hard for everything that happened. If only you did not get sick, if only you had studied harder, if only you had actually worked harder at all. All those thoughts were running by in your mind as you wept.
 
Just then, there was a soft knock on the door. You did not hear it as expected because you were crying too hard for yourself to stop. As a perfectionist, you always wanted yourself to achieve nothing but the best, which definitely included your results and of course, your boyfriend. Your boyfriend was the cream of the crop and you knew and were grateful for that. Maybe that was the only right decision you had made in your life.
 
 At that very moment, the door opened with a soft click to hear Mingyu shuffling into the room quietly. You felt the edge of the bed sink down as he sat down carefully. Just then, Mingyu reached out a slightly trembling hand and started your hair softly as you were now still in the curled-up ball position, blankly staring into space. Mingyu then got into a cross-legged position on the bed before kissing your cheek slightly, trying to calm you down from whatever he had heard that had definitely broke his heart.
 
Then,  you felt his strong arms pull you up and turned you around as he spread his legs open for you to lie in between them, before lightly kissing the top of your head softly two times. He then started your hair gently as he calmed you down from the all the drama that was happening everywhere in your and life now. He then proceeded to wrap his arms around you tightly, as if he would never let you go. Being his arms has always made you feel a little better nonetheless the situation. As you got used to his light
  of your hair and gentle kisses everywhere, you calmed down from your outburst earlier. Turning around in Mingyu's arms, you came face to face with his chest and buried your face in it, feeling a little embarrassed that he had to see such a weak side of you. Wrapping your arms around his torso, you felt the little vibrations from as he lightly chuckled. Contiuing to lightly your back as you faced him, he started asking you whether you were okay and whether you wanted to talk about it.
 
"Are you okay now, babe? Wanna talk about it?" Mingyu asked you softy in his gentlest voice possible, which obviously made your stomach turn into butterflies and a blush creeps up your cheeks.
I shook my head slightly, which made Mingyu nod understandingly.
 
"You can tell me whenever you're ready to, okay?"
 
You nodded your head to that as you wrapped my arms around him like a koala and both of you laid down on the bed to take a nap. Your face was facing his chest as the two of you lied down sideways on the bed. Mingyu brought your body towards him and wrapped his tight arms around your waist while both of you cuddled to sleep. And just as you slowly drifted to sleep, you caught Mingyu whispering to you some honey sweet words, before kissing the top of our head to really send u off to dream heaven.
 
"One setback isn't going to stop my baby girl. I love you."
------------------------
Hey guys! This is thf irst part of the first imagine of this book. There will definitely be more to come and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
-lollllli