Only You

Life With Seventeen

A/N: Hansol- Vernon

 

“RINGGGG! RING!!!!!!” Hansol groaned as the alarm clock by his bedside rang furiously, begging him to wake up and start preparing for work. He shuffled in his bed a little before sitting upright on it, slamming his hand down and shutting his alarm clock up. Feeling the other side of the bed dip slightly, he glanced over and found that the vicious alarm clock had also woken up his boyfriend, Seungkwan who happened to be lying next to him. Seungkwan’s eyes fluttered open as his eyes searched for his love, who was also coincidentally smiling down at him.

 

“Happy Birthday baby” he whispered, pressing a chaste kiss to his lips, ruffling his hair back, before whispering that he was sorry for waking him up. Seungkwan slightly shook his head a the man, indicating that it was not his fault before urging Hansol to get ready for work. With a slight groan, Hansol unwillingly got out of the bed and trudged into the shower, while Seungkwan grabbed his boyfriend’s pillow, using his scent as a way to ease back into sleep.

 

Hansol had tried to take leave today considering that it was Seungkwan’s birthday, but his superior had refused to grant him the leave as there was a new member of the team today who was supposedly an important personnel, and she had specifically requested for him to bring her around. Hansol had felt extra bad to Seungkwan when he knew about this, but the older had just shook his head with his gummy smile and told him "Work first.” Back then, Hansol promised him that he would get back as soon as work was over to celebrate. Thinking about that exchange, he hurriedly slipped into work clothes,  stepped outside of the quiet and dark room, and closed the door silently. While waiting for the bread to be toasted, he grabbed the memopad he saw on the table and wrote “Happy birthday, Boo ❤️! I’ll see you tonight, honey ;)” and pasted it on the fridge, knowing that Seungkwan would see it later. Grabbing the toast out of the oven, he stuffed it into his mouth, scooped up the car keys and started driving to his workplace.  

 

Hansol worked in the hospital as a pharmacist, and he was told that today, a new team member would be coming in as her first day. He was genuinely curious about who she was, why she specifically requested for him and just how important she was for his superior to reject his first leave that year. As he brainstormed who it might be, the thoughts led him straight to his workplace. He quickly found a parking spot, and walked to the locker rooms for pharmacists. Grabbing the white coat out of the metal locker, he smoothed down the coat and briskly walked to the meeting room where the new employee waited. He knocked on the door politely and opened it, only to see someone he never thought he would ever again.

 

Seungkwan, on the other hand, had just woken up, rolling around the empty bed abit before getting up to wash up and get ready. He lazily trudged into the kitchen, smiling goofily at the note that Hansol had left for him on the fridge, before popping a piece of toast into the toaster. Seungkwan ran an online shop specialising in flower arrangement. He had proclaimed that he would not take orders for the week as his inbox was already jammed full of requests. Despite being his birthday and his urges to just laze around until Hansol came back, he decided to take a lovely walk to the flower garden in the backyard to finish up a few of the orders. Walking into the backyard, he grabbed the 4 baskets sitting there and started working on them. Seungkwan had a big heart; he always put Hansol before himself, and while he knew that he was the one who told his boyfriend to go to work ( and thinks that it was the right thing to do), on special days iike this, he could not help but miss Hansol a little. Oh well, at least he had something to do while Hansol was gone.

 

An amused expression immediately found its way to Hansol’s face as he glanced at the beaming face in front of him. 

 

“Hansol, this is your new team member, Yuri.”, his boss stated, glancing at the said girl. 

 

Yuri bowed at him politely, and extended a hand to him. 

 

“Hansol, nice seeing you again. Let’s work happily together.”

 

Hansol shook her hand, flashing a smile at her.

 

“Nice seeing you again, Yuri. Hope we get along.”

 

Seeing that the both of them actually knew each other, Hansol’s superior, heaved a sigh of relief. This meant that he was less likely to do things to embarrass Yuri, also commonly known as the CEO’s daughter. Yuri, being the CEO”s daughter meant that she was someone that no one could dare to offend ( for obvious reasons). His superior just prayed that Hansol would not mess up their reputation, and a promotion might just be waiting at the end of the year.

 

“Ok, now that the both of you have met and seem to know each other, Hansol bring Yuri around and start work ASAP” Hansol’s superior said as he walked out of the room briskly, rushing for a meeting.

 

Hansol guided Yuri along and the both of them started walking along the medicine pantry. He started introducing the different types of medicine and where they were placed to Yuri, and the girl listened attentively, eyes never leaving the man, admiring his smiles and handsome features. 

 

Why wasn’t she paying attention to the medicine? 

 

Here’s the truth.

 

 Yuri was Hansol’s ex from high school. Both of them had dreams to work in the medical field. Yuri knew that her father owned a hospital and thus decided to put close to zero efforts in her studies, resulting in her barely passing school. But well, her family was rich so Mr. Lee just picked his daughter up and put her into one of the medical courses overseas. Hansol, on the other hand worked really hard, and graduated top of his cohort, his spot prominent on the director’s list, securing himself a spot in SNU’s medical course. As Yuri left for America, and Hansol getting drowned by work in Seoul, both of them inevitably drifted apart, and ended their relationship about five years ago. 

 

The both of them did end on relatively amicable terms, but Hansol did miss the feeling of having a significant other to care for him, someone to talk to him about his troubles and, occasionally, some of their great times together amidst the arguing. It was not that he had any friends, but he just missed that someone special being able to be next to him. 

 

That was until… he met Seungkwan. Seungkwan was the same age as him, but he felt that he did not need further education. Instead, he had set up a flower shop next to SNU selling flowers and providing customisation services. Hansol passed by Seungkwan’s flower shop everyday, and the both of them became fast friends as they both recognised each other when Hansol had walked in to buy flowers for his mother. Soon enough, Seungkwan became his ranting partner, listening ear and best friend, until a year ago when Hansol gained enough courage to confess. And from just being a mere bestie, Seungkwan evovled into that special someone.

 

 

Yuri, on the other hand had came back after she finished her medical degree overseas. Despite it being many years, she simply had not and could not forget about Hansol. Sure, she had tried dating other men, but no one was just that perfect for her. From the way he crinkled his eyes when he smiled or whether it was his goofy yet sensible personality made Yuri unable to forget him. So when she got wind of that fact that he was working in her father’s hospital as a pharmacist, she requested to work there as well. Laying her eyes on him after so many years, she realised that he had barely changed, his handsome features, his laugh, his everything. 

 

And she wanted him back.

 

After touring around the medicine cabinet, Hansol introduced her to the other colleagues before assigning her some work. Throughout the work day, Yuri kept stealing glances at Hansol quite obviously and he had to quite a few times gently chide her to focus on her work. Soon after her fifth warning though, there was a surge of people in the pharmacy, and the both of them had to return to serve customers for a few more hours before they hit lunch time. He walked to the locker room briskly to change and spotted his team members outside waiting for him with Yuri to have lunch. 

 

The group decided to go to a nearby restaurant to eat, chatting and getting to know their new team member. As they were talking, Hansol glanced at his watch and saw that it was already around three in the afternoon, which meant that Seungkwan was expecting his call. (Yes, the both of them talked during Hansol’s lunch time if they had the chance to.) He excused himself to the restroom, whipping out his phone at the same time and dialing his boyfriend’s number.

 

“Hello?"

 

“Hi Boo! Happy Birthday, baby. Sorry I had to leave the house so early today….” Hansol spoke, eyes immediately glimmering and shining at his boyfriend’s voice.

 

“Hi Hansol! And it’s okay, we’ll have tonight together anyway right….?”

 

“Yeah, of course! By the way, guess who the new team member is..?” Hansol spoke, eyes glancing over to the table.

 

“Who? Is it a girl?” Seungkwan asked jokingly.

 

“Yuri. Yuri’s the new team member.” Hansol spotted a hand waving in his direction and found that one of his colleagues were beckoning him to come back.

 

“That Yuri? Oh….” Seungkwan muttered, feeling his inferiority complex appearing.

 

“Yeah that one. Weird I k- I have to go now babe. Love you!” Hansol spoke, seeing the waving become more frantic.

 

“Oh..urm, love you too!” Seungkwan replied, voice now very much uncertain.

 

Yes, Seungkwan had developed an inferiority complex when he decided not to take the university road after high school. Although generally supported by his mother, his other relatives had implied that his cousins were better than him because they qualified for university. Most of them thought that it was because Seungkwan did not score enough. They had failed to understand that it was a choice, and not the only way out for him. Since then, his inferiority complex manifested. His mother tried to reassure him, upon finding out about it and while it had helped, it still existed from time to time. When Seungkwan started dating Hansol, he felt it appear again in front of his boyfriend. Seungkwan always thought that Hansol was better than him being a unviersity student. It went unnoticed until one day Hansol told him the story of him and Yuri. After retelling the entire story, Hansol had saw Seungkwan looking somewhat insecure. Seungkwan had refused to tell him, until his boyfriend had forced it out of him. Since then, Hansol had been working with Seungkwan to get rid of this complex fully. With both his mother and boyfriend’s help, it did help, really, but sometimes he really just could not help it. In Seungkwan's mind, Yuri was smart, pretty and just perfect, but he wasn’t.

 

While walking back to work, Yuri and Hansol had somehow ended up walking at the back together. Yuri had saw the entire phone call, and wanted to clear up the biggest question in her mind. 

 

“So, did you find someone new? You looked really happy on that phonecall.” she said, smiling at him.

 

“Urh.. yeah. Yeah I did.” Hansol replied, a slight smile appearing on his face, thinking about his boyfriend.

 

Yuri’s expression faltered for a split second before pulling her smile again, nodding understandingly.

 

Damn it. And Yuri thought he would be single, which would make things easier in her life for once. Yuri wanted Hansol back at all costs, no matter what it took. In her mind, she has had whatever she wanted ever since she grew up, making the guy that she wanted not an exception. The only reason she had requested to join the pharmacists is because she wanted to see Hansol again. Behind her nice demeanour, was this possesive person who would go to great lengths to get what she wanted. To her, if she wanted Hansol back, she would get Hansol back.

 

After their lunch break, there were yet again many patients so the both of them did not have the time to talk. And a few hours later, Hansol bid farewell to his last patient, before flipping the OPEN sign of the glass door to CLOSED. Everyone gathered in front of Hansol’s superior, waiting for him to dismiss them.

 

“Good job today, guys! See you tomorrow!” he smiled.

 

“Wait!” Yuri suddenly called.

 

Everyone turned to look at her, confusion written in their faces.

 

“Let’s go for dinner tonight? My treat for helping me so much on my first day... Yuri offered.

 

Upon hearing that free food was involved, many of the members agreed immediately. Hansol, on the other hand, just wanted to get home to his boyfriend.

 

“I.. don’t think I can join you guys. I need to go home….” Hansol said, throwing the group an apologetic smile.

 

Hearing that his superior immediately cut in and said, “Hansol I’m sure what’s at home can wait, right?”, giving him the ‘are-you-serious’ eyes.

 

“I really ne-“ Hansol tried another time to leave but his superior caught his eyes with a glare.

 

Seeing that, he sighed, he knew that he could not go against his superior because he would just make life more difficult for him for supposedly offending the princess. 

 

Dragging his feet to walk with the group, he immediately whipped his phone out and texted Seungkwan, telling him about this very unfortunate event.

 

To: My Boo ❤️

Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry but i can’t come home for dinner baby 😞 Got forced into a dinner party for the princess :(( I’ll try to leave as early as I can ;<

 

Hearing a “ding” from his phone, Seungkwan wiped his hands on his jeans before grabbing his phone to check. He saw his boyfriend’s message and his face automatically pulled into a pout. He really was looking forward to spending to time with Hansol that evening, but he knew how competitive his boyfriend’s workplace could be, and missing events like this could really cost him.

 

To: Hansollie ❤️ 

It’s ok :(( I’ll wait up for you baby, see you ❤️ 

 

To: My Boo ❤️

I’m extra sorry baby, love you lots ❤️ ❤️ 

 

To Hansollie ❤️

It’s really ok, love you lotssss too ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

 

After ten minutes, all of them finally reached the restaurant and they began eating. Hansol had tried hard not to drink but was repeatedly forced to by his superior or Yuri choosing him as her black knight. Hansol actually had an “okay” tolerance but that night was just pure soju. Although he had tried to leave after one shot, he got held back by his superior for the fear of offending Yuri. And after roughly 3 hours, they were done and Hansol was drunk. Yuri offered to take him home and thus bid farewell with everyone. Instead of taking him home however, she had a plan. This entire time she had been devising a plan that would make Hansol come back to her. It involved a bit of hacking Hansol’s phone and tricking Seungkwan but you know, anything to get her man back.

 

Meanwhile, Seungkwan at home was pacing around the house anxiously. Where was his boyfriend? He had tried dialing repeatedly but for some strange reason, he was always rejected. He had spam texted his boyfriend as well, but it was all left on either blue ticks or grey ticks without a single reply. “Maybe the dinner was just long”, he reaonsed.  “Maybe the restaurant’s too loud to hear me calling”, he reasoned again with himself. Seungkwan was worried and could feel his weird thoughts  (such as hooking up with Yuri) taking over. He trusted his boyfriend, but the appearance of his perfect ex with him just made him more antsy as time went by.

 

Yuri had just reached home. She used all her strength to drag Hansol inside her room. She glanced at the peacefully sleeping boy on the bed and her vision shifted to his phone sticking out of his pocket. She wanted Hansol back, so much, and thus decided to hatch a plan to drive Seungkwan and Hansol apart. Yuri took her lipstick and coated her lips with it, before lightly pressing it to Hansol’s collarbone, where now a red lip mark lay. Then, she proceeded to slip in bed and angled the photo as if we was in bed with Hansol, the red lip mark prominent. She then grabbed his phone and sat there thinking of what Hansol’s pass word could be. She tried his birthday, could not work. His mother’s birthday also did not let her in. Suddenly, she remembered that it was Seungkwan’s birthday today and thus entered the digits. To her relief, the keypad on the screen dispersed to reveal his home page, and the former kissing Hansol’s cheek as the background.

 

Sighing a little, she attached the picture to Seungkwan’s chat and pressed send, with the message, “He’s with me.” Smiling to herself in delight, she thought that that would at least be enough to drive them apart. Hansol would be definitely be hers, again.

 

While waiting for the Hansol to come back, Seungkwan had fallen asleep with his head on the table. A sharp “ding” woke him up abruptly and he lazily stretched out and grabbed his phone next to him. Opening the chat, his eyes shot open when he saw his boyfriend in bed with a woman. Vaguely searching from his memory, he remembered that the girl next to him, was Yuri. Looking at the red lip mark on Hansol’s collarbone, he felt his eyes water, and soon tears were running down his face. Hansol was cheating on him, he knew it. Of course Hansol found someone better than him and decided to run. He was probably going to come back that night to tell him that. Of course Hansol did not want him anymore.

 

What should he do now? Run. Yes, the best thing to do now was to run. 

 

To where? He didn’t know. He just wanted to get out of his place as everything reminded him of his boyfriend. Running up the stairs to the guest room, he grabbed his luggage and started stuffing things haphazardly into his luggage. Once he reckoned that he had enough to live for at least a few days, he put on his shoes and dashed out onto the cold, empty and uninviting street, his tears running uncontrollably down his face. He roamed the streets, lonely, until he found a motel that could put him up for $40 a night. He hurriedly went in and got a room, frowing at how it was tattered and borderline dirty. He did not care however, he just wanted to get out of the very place that reminded him of his cheating boyfriend.

 

After sending the picture to Seungkwan, Yuri pulled his shirt off as she knew he liked sleeping like that and went to sleep in the guest room. As much as she wanted him back, she knew that forcefully doing other things to him would just result in him turning her away. Thinking of the chaos that she had created between the couple, she smiled to herself as her eyes fluttered close and she fell into a deep sleep.

 

Hansol’s eyes fluttered open to the smell of meat being cooked. He frowned at his unfamiliar surroundings and foreign smell that the place he was in gave off. He slowly sat up in the bed, and rubbed his head; he had a massive hangover. Glancing around his surroundings, he grabbed his shirt which was lying on the bed next to him and walked towards the direction of the smell. Yuri was clad in a tight ftting shirt and shorts, and she was leisurely flipping meat slices.

 

“Yuri? What the hell? How did I end up in your house?” Hansol asked, confusion written all over his face.

 

“You were drunk so I brought you here…” Yuri replied, batting her eyelashes at him.

 

“Did we do anything? Why was my shirt off?” Hansol questioned again.

 

“Nah, you like sleeping shirtless don’t you? Just doing you a favour…” Yuri cutely shrugged.

 

Hansol was a mixture of irritated and desperate, once he realised how worried and angry Seungkwan would be and how he was the cause of it.

 

“Ok, so thanks for that favour but I really need to go home right now.” Hansol said, a hint of irritation present before walking briskly towards the door.

 

“But, but I made lunch. Come on, have a late lunch first at least.” Yuri followed him and tried to pull him back.

 

“No Yuri, I need to go right now. See you on tomorrow.” Hansol said, stone-faced as he pushed Yuri’s hand off his arm and walked out, slamming the door.

 

Hansol knew Yuri. It wouldn’t be as simple as letting him sleep there. She must have done something to him. As subtle as she was, Hansol did notice that she was just paying attention to him at work the entire day. He figured that she did want him back and thus had tried to escape the dinner but his superior just had to stop him. Just then, he saw a taxi approaching and he hurriedly flagged it down. Once he got into the taxi, he immediately opened his chat with Seungkwan to apologise and explain himself. But what he saw made his heart stop and fear wash over him. Yuri had forgot to delete the picture of him and her in bed. His face contorted into disgust as he hurriedly paid the driver and rushed in, knowing how hard this would hit Seungkwan.

 

“Seungkwan! I can explain! We didn’t do anything, really! Seungkwan! Baby! Seung-“ he stopped midway when he realised that the entire house was shrouded in silence and all that he heard was the resounding echo of silence.

 

Checking the time on his phone, he realised that Seungkwan may have went out to buy flowers for projects, so he decided to text his boyfriend. After that, he felt his hangover take over him and he fell sideways on the sofa, giving in to his hangover.

 

Seungkwan rubbed in eyes in a bid to wake himself up, frowning at the unfamiliar surroundings, then remembering that he had checked himself into a motel to escape Hansol. Why would he do that again? Ah yes, yesterday’s picture. He grabbed his charging phone on the filmsy bedside table and checked the messages from Hansol 

 

To: My Boo ❤️

Seungkwan it’s just a misunderstanding! We didn’t do it!

 

I was drunk and she brought me to her house and she set me up. We really didn’t do anything there I promise.

 

BAby call me Back as soon as you see this.

 

Looking at all the messages, he left them on read, angry that his boyfriend was still struggling to find excuses after what he had done. Seungkwan was sure that he ran back to Yuri. After all why would he not? She was better than him in so many ways, smart, pretty, slim and so on.  Swiping the chat with his boyfriend close, eyebrows rising in confusion as he saw an unknown number texting him. Opening that chat, he saw that texts about Hansol from a mysterious person, and upon looking at the profile picture, he recognised that that person was Yuri.

 

To: Unknown

 

how can you stand being with hansol when you are so much less than him lmao?

 

he was just using you as a distraction cos he broke up with me

 

he doesn’t really love you

 

don’t be dumb seungkwan

 

he loves me

 

 

Reading the messages, the tears in his eyes increasing with each message, he sat there sullenly and let the endless tears run down his face. Seungkwan believed Yuri. In his mind, she was pretty, smart, slim and over all just the perfect person that any person would want. So why in the world would Hansol choose him over Yuri? Of course Hansol would run back to Yuri. Setting down his phone on the floor, he angrily wiped the tears off his face, but to no avail as more came crashing down., Eventually, he cried him hoarse and ended up spacing out on the floor of his motel.

 

Stirring from his sleep, Hansol was shocked to find that it was already morning and had to get ready to go to work soon. Looking around the house, he was shocked to find Seungkwan still missing in the house. He had tried calling his boyfriend five times, but he always rejected each call, or let it ring out. Getting more frantic, he opened his superior’s chat to text him about not turning up to work today, but was shocked with a message asking him to hurry down as there had just been an insurge of customers due to a gang fight. He groaned in frustration as he continued to call and text Seungkwan repeatedly while trying to get ready for work. 

 

Walking into the locker room briskly, he sent his last message to Seungkwan before rushing off to official duty.

 

To: My Boo ❤️

pls dont ignore me boo. where are you? where did you go? pls tell me or at least answer my calls im really worried about you. istg we didnt do anth, really. pls at least give me a chance to explain…

 

To: Hansollie ❤️

leave me alone.

 

Hansol’s face lit up when we saw that Seungkwan sent him a message, but his expression dropped as quickly when he read the contents of it. “Hansol! Hurry up will you!” his superior’s voice shouted from outside. Hearing that he threw his phone hurriedly in his white coat and slammed the locker door loudly. Seeing that he was finally out of the locker room, the pair briskly walked to the pharmacy, where it was crowded beyond relief. He sighed as he opened his counter and started working, continuing to text Seungkwan whenever he had little pockets of time.

 

After a good few hours of working, his team managed to clear most of the crowd and half of the team went out for lunch. Bounding up to Hansol while walking to the locker room, Yuri slid beside him and placed an arm on his arm, only for it to be shurgged off by Hansol, sending her a glare too.

 

“Get away from me.” his cold eyes pierced through hers fiercely.

 

“B…But why?” Yuri questioned, her eyes widening slightly, worried that he had found out about what she did.

 

“You’re really disgusting you know that? Sending that kind of picture to Seungkwan? I never want to see you again.” Hansol replied, the glare being replaced by an even angrier one, before briskly walking off.

 

Hearing that she had been found out, her emotions collasped and she tried to grab Hansol saying that she waned to explain herself but the man had stalked off so quickly she couldn’t do it in time.

 

Hansol spent the rest of lunch trying to get into contact with Seungkwan and calling him, but that last message was really the last that he had heard from him as the boyfriend was just ignoring all of his calls and messages. When he got back to work, he was relieved to find that after the gang fight in the morning, the rest of the shift was rather light, and thus when he asked for a chance to be released early, saying that he had “something extremely important to attend to”, his superior thankfully agreed. Walking out of the hospital, his mind was clouded with thoughts on how to explain everything to Seungkwan, where he was, what he was doing, what was he thinking, and most importantly, how he was holding up. Hansol was sure as hell that his boyfriend was bawling and because he knew that he was the cause of it, he felt that he was utter . He was because he did not manage to make Seungkwan happy, he did not protect Seungkwan, and lastly because he made him cry. He made the love of his life, his entire world, cry. And for that, he cursed himself endlessly, asking why he did not see through Yuri’s true intentions, why he had not suspected that in the first place, and why he was so dumb.

 

Aimlessly walking around the dark street, his feet automatically brought him to the company car park where he got into his car and drove off. Aimlessly driving around the dark street, he realised his hands automatically brought him to his house, where usually, a certain clingy and cute boyfriend would be welcoming him with dinner. But today, he knew that if went back, all that would greet him was a lonely, cold and uninviting building. Driving past his house, he decided to visit the neighbourhood park. Others may see it as just a park, but that place was rather special to Hansol. It was the place where he had gathered up the courage to ask his boyfriend out, the place where they had their confession, their first kiss and eventually first date. That was always the place he went to when his mind needed a break from everything, like now.

 

The knocks on the motel door sounded around the room as it broke Seungkwan from his trance staring at the TV. He had slightly hoped that that person behind the door was his boyfriend, as much as he hated him now. Hurriedly wiping the tears from his face, his cracked the door open slightly, letting a small sigh escape when he realised that it was just the delivery man instead. He grabbed the food and mumbled a small ‘thanks’ before slamming the door. Usually, he did not order delivery because he knew how unhealthy it was, and he was self-conscious about his weight. However, he was starving yet did not want to return home so he just ordered delivery. Tearing open the plastic film, he devoured the food hungrily, enjoying the small amount of time it took his mind away from Hansol.

 

After eating, he was starting to get bored. He reasoned that he could go home to continue his orders, but he really did not want to step into that place, fearing that Hansol would come back and start breaking up with him. While he thought that it would be bound to happen anyway, his mind just really needed a break right now.  Seungkwan sighed in despair, and grabbed his phone, thinking that some games would take his mind off this entire ty situation. As he unlocked his phone though, that disgusting picture was what was flashed before him. He kicked his bed in annoyance, grabbed his jacket and decided to go the playground to vent. The playground at the park was a very special to him, as it was where he got confessed to, where his first kiss happened and where his boyfriend brought him for his first date. Glancing around the motel, he spotted the playground at a distance and started walking there. Countless happy memories sped through his mind, when they were in Jeju, their first anniversary, when Seungkwan successfully set up his shop. Stopping at the swings, he sat down on one of them and slightly rocked back and forth, flipping through the various photographs of the both of them together. A small smile was etched on his face while some happy tears streamed down his cheeks.

 

Walking towards the playground, Hansol frowned a little when he realised that someone else was already on one of the swings. He really needed some alone time to go through some thoughts. Upon walking closer though, the slight irritation slowly morphed into surprise and relief, seeing that Seungkwan was the on that was on the swings. He slowly trudged up to the swings, sitting down quietly. Seungkwan noticed some movment and his head shot up, eyes widening his surprise when he realised that it was Hansol. Hansol’s eyes widened too, seeing the faint tear tracks on his cheeks. Urgh, he really was a jerk for making Seungkwan cry. The both of them sat there in silence for a few excruitating minutes until Hansol spoke up, his voice small but firm.

 

“Seungkwan what you saw there was a misunderstanding. I- We really didn’t do anything, I swear.”

 

Hearing that, Seungkwan rolled his eyes. He was still lying at this point? Seriously?

 

“Don’t lie to me, Hansol. You had her kiss mark on your damn shirt. You guys were in bed together. What else would that imply? Besides, why wouldn’t you leave me for Yuri? She’s so much better than me. She’s a freaking doctor who went to Seoul University!”

 

“She set me up! I was drunk and she brought me to her house and did all that! Look here’s proof.”

 

Hansol whipped out his phone and scolled down to Yuri’s messages which he been ignoring all day.

 

To: Hansol 

look hansol im sorry. i really shouldn’t have set you up. i swear we didn’t do anything that night, just like what u wanted. can u forgive me? im really sorry i just wanted u back. pls stop ignoring me pls.

 

“See? She really did set me up, Seungkwan. Please believe me…” Hasnol pleaded with his eyes, staring directly at Seungkwan.

 

Looking at the messages, Seungkwan then realised that he really had an misunderstanding about the both of them. He heaved a sigh of relief but his face fell again when he thought of the messages that Yuri had sent.

 

“Urm”, he fidgeted lightly in the swing, “then what is this all about?”, he questioned, handing his phone over to Hansol.

 

Grabbing the phone was Seungkwan’s hand, Hansol’s expression darkened as he scrolled through the messages.

 

“Oh my gosh, she’s such a - Seungkwan, please don’t believe anything of this . You know I love you and only you, right?”

 

Hansol grabbed Seungkwan’s hand, interlacing it, relaxing a little when he noted that Seungkwan did not pull back. 

 

“Can I say something first?” Seungkwan’s voice piped up, quiet and shaky.

 

Hansol squeezed his hand slightly, signally for him to go on.

 

“I’m sorry for being such a bad boyfriend, for not believing you, for running away and making you worried about me. I’m sorry for being so high maintenance all the damn time and how I’m always so insecure. I’m so sorry about how you always have to endure me and my stupid rants that probably don’t even matter and how we all end up fighting because of the stupid little problems I created-“, Seungkwan's tears streaming down his cheeks, “and I’m also sorry for all the times-“, suddenly being cut off by a pair of very familiar lips on his. Hansol pressed a soft kiss to his boyfriend’s lips, his hands gently wiping the tears away.

 

“Seungkwan, baby, listen to me”, Hansol said, delicately using two fingers to guide his boyfriend’s face so that he was looking at him. 

 

“I love you for you and only you. You’re not high maintenance ever because I like, no, love taking care of you. I’m never enduring you, because I love every part of you, your personality, whatever you say while everything you do gives me fuzzy feelings. Your rants matter the most to me, and I’m honoured to be the one you always rant to, because it shows that you trust me and I’m always grateful to be the one who can make you feel happy again. We fight because both of us are in the wrong, so never say that it’s only because of you. Never ever say that your problems are stupid, because they aren’t ok? They concern you and because they concern you, they matter a lot. Also, never ever, ever, say that you’re a bad boyfriend, because you aren’t. You’re the best boyfriend in the world I can ever ask for, and alot of the times you’re so perfect I don’t deserve you.” 

 

“You deserve me, always…” Seungkwan muttered softly, a pink tint creeping up his cheeks

 

“You may not be perfect to other people, but babe, you’re always the perfect one for me. I just love you so, so much.” Hansol concluded.

 

Seungkwan stood up from his swing, and lightly pulled Hansol up. He grabbed his boyfriend in a bone-crushing hug and whispered, “I really needed that, thanks Sollie. And I really missed you today. And I love you too, probably more than you.”

 

Hansol smiled at his words, wrapping his boyfriend’s waist tightly. Both of them stayed like that for a while, before Seungkwan broke the hug, asking if they could go home now. They interlaced their fingers as they walked towards the car and got in. Both of them drove to the motel to pick up his things, and Hansol’s heart broke a little seeing the condition that Seungkwan had to live in for the previous night. In the car, Seungkwan updated on Hansol on what he had been doing, and how much he had missed him. Hansol listened intently, glad that Seungkwan was returning to his chatty self.

 

Stepping into the house hand in hand, they left their various bags on the dining table and immediately made their way to the bedroom. Seeing as the both of them wanted to sleep as fast as they could, they decided to bathe together. They stepped out of their clothes and went into the bathtub, Seungkwan leaning into Hansol’s arms. Letting the warm water massage their tired bodies, both of them relaxed into each other’s embrace. 

 

“I know I said this many times just now Hansollie, but I really, really missed you today...” Seungkwan whispered softly, while Hansol hummed in agreement, peppering kisses down his shoulder blade softly.

 

“I really, really missed you too baby. I seriously thought that I lost you today, and that thought was so unbearable...” Hansol spoke, mouth against his Seungkwan’s shoulder, mumbling into it. 

 

Turning around to meet Hansol’s soft gaze, Seungkwan closed the gap between both of their lips lightly and softly, moving just so slightly against Hansol’s lips with his boyfriend responding with the same amount of love. This kiss was not one of lust or passion, but just one of simply their love, and their care for each other.

 

After the relaxing bath, both of them snuggled under the covers, relieved to be each others’ arms after one long night.

 

“Sorry I couldn’t celebrate your birthday yesterday, love”, Hansol mumbled into Seungkwan’s chest, feeling a little guilty.

 

“I don’t mind, because I already have the best birthday present in the world... which is you.”

 

------------

Hello guys! Guess who decided to reappear after six months haha. Anyway, I'm really soft for Verkwan now so enjoy!