from the convenience store

Life With Seventeen
"Hyunggggggggg! Hyungggggggg!" Dino came flying down the corridor and into Mingyu's room as he brought his phone with him. 
 
"What is it? And stop shouting, it's noisy." Mingyu gave him the -.- face as he told Dino to stop like shouting around the house as there were only both of them at home.
 
"G-friend's moving in opposite us! " Dino exclaimed at Mingyu, and had not taken care of the volume that had been produced through his mouth.
 
"Okay..... and so?" Mingyu asked him, giving him the "so-what" face.
 
"Aren't you excited, it' s a girl group, for like the first time in forever !" Dino said to Mingyu, his eyes twinkling with excitement.
 
Mingyu jokingly rolled his eyes at the maknae and ruffled his hair lovingly.
 
''Fine... since you're so excited about them, we can go meet them later, okay?" Mingyu told him.
 
Dino nodded excitedly and hurried off to do his thing, with his hyung's promise. After Dino had left his room, he sat down on the bed, thinking about what Dino had said. A girl group was moving in? It was like a once in a lifetime chance to get to know them. Yeah, he would bring Dino later to meet them.
 
As for now, Mingyu just focused on his work and raps, but the excited feeling of going to meet them later was suprisingly still there, as if he knew that something magical would happen if he saw them.
 
Mingyu stayed at the dorm the entire day and just worked and rested. Time flew by so fast and soon, evening hit the cosy dorm of the rookie group. Mingyu grudgingly woke up from his peaceful nap to start preparing dinner for the rest of the members. Everyone else would be returning from their personal schedules soon, and a tired person would definitely be a hungry person. And no food would mean an angry person. Not wanting to taste the wrath of that many people, Mingyu deciding to start preparing dinner now was a fantastic choice.
 
Cracking his neck, out of tiredness, he stared down at the frying pan he was holding and pouted. There was just so much work to do. He could always ask for Dino's help but he was studying for his upcoming examination and Mingyu did not want to disturb him. It almost looked like the fish in the pan, too, was pitying his plight as it was ready in an instant. After he put the fish on the plate, he decided to take a walk around the  dorm to the convenience to take a break and get some extra ingredients.
 
"Dino! I'm going out for a while," Mingyu told the younger, poking his head into the youngest's room, "And since you're studying so hard, is there anything you want?" he asked him.
 
"Hmmm, I'm hungry hyung, can you buy me some ice cream?" Dino told the older, rubbing his eyes and forehead at the same time.
 
Mingyu nodded and ruffled Dino's hair before stepping out of the house.
 
Unlocking the door behind him, he stood in front of the lift door waiting for the lift to come. Hearing a 'ding' soon after, made him step into the lift and habitually press the 'close' button. However, a girl suddenly waved his hand at him, while running towards him. Mingyu looked up, shocked, but nevertheless managed to hold the door for her. The second he looked at her, a rare blush rushed up his face and time stopped at that moment. He recognised the girl as Gfrind's SinB from their overlapping promotions, but disregarding his status in the lift, she was the moat beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life.
 
Mingyu could not help but stare at the girl, but eventually, the staring got a bit too much for SinB as well.
 
"Mingyu-sshi. You haven't pressed the button yet."
 
At her voice, Mingyu could not help melt internally. Her voice was so sweet and soft like a marshmallow.
 
"Ahh....sorry sunbaenim. May I ask where you are going?", he asked respectfully while trying to keep his blush down while his voice had a hint of shakiness in it that almost gave the fact that he was nervous away.
 
"I'm going to the convenience store, Mingyu-sshi. How about you?"
 
"Me too, sunbaenim."
 
"Shall we go together, then?" SinB asked, with her eyes twinkling.
 
"O...okay, sunbaenim." Mingyu barely managed to stutter out.
 
Hearing his reply, SinB too had to struggle to keep her blush down. Although she knew that she was the senior one here, but she really could not help thinking that this junior musician from Seventeen was cute. Similar to Mingyu's reaction, she felt as if he was the most handsome person she had seen in a long time. Time seemed to stop for her too. When he spoke, his voice glided down her ears like honey. They were so deep but laced with a hint of iness, and at the same time, playfulness too.
 
As both of them exited the lift, there was an air of awkwardness between them, although both of them had decided that they would walk together. There were no words exchanged between them, until SinB, being the more senior one, decided to speak up.
 
"So Mingyu-sshi, how old are you?" SinB really could not think of anything to ask as they just got to know each other, like five minutes ago.
 
"I was born in 1997, sunbaenim."
 
"Oh, I see. And I was born in 1998, by the way, so feel free to call me SinB, Mingyu-sshi."
 
"Oh, no, I can't sunbaenim........ it's disrespectful."
 
"It's not disrespectful when it's a request from your sunbae right?" SinB told him.
 
"Ahh, okay, sun-SinB". Mingyu stuttered.
 
"Oh, and I have one more thing. Since you're older than me, is it okay if I call you Oppa?" SinB asked him.
 
"Well, it's fine, I guess," Mingyu told her, scratching his head. This girl was sure direct. Not that he did not like it, though, he was actually grateful to her for breaking the ice. He would not have done anything.
 
The walk to the convenience store was a little less awkward after sorting out the hornifics, interestingly. Both of them actually started cracking jokes to one another which had both of them laughing till their stomachs hurt.
 
"Oh My God, that was so funny, SinB-ah" Mingyu told the girl who was smiling really widely at him too in return.
 
As both of them walked around the convenience store, looking for the things each other needed, SinB wondered how she could get along with someone new so easily. Since she was young, she had always been an awkward and quiet little girl that could only be opened by the closest people and the people she trusted the most.
 
Other than her parents, the first ever people she ever broke down her wall to was none other than the Gfriend members. Aside from her father, she had never opened to any guy before. Which meant that Mingyu was special being the first guy. SinB also did not know why and how she did it. The more she thought about it, the more Mingyu seemed like had this special charm that could make like almost anyone open ip to him. His voice, his laughter, his face, his everything just made her do it. She may not have realised it yet, but she was slowing falling in love.
 
"Is that all?"
 
"I think so....."
 
"Then, let's go back, I guess. I still need to prepare food for the rest." Mingyu told her, while jokingly pulling a tired face at her.
 
SinB laughed at his face, and lightly slapped his arm, as both of them walked back to the dorm together. Unlike their trip going  there, their return was filled with a bit more laughter and fun. They say that time flies by while you are having fun, and that happened to the both of them. The walk back flew by in a blink of an eye and before they knew it, they were already in the lift, taking the lift back to their floor. Both of them walked out of the lift when the doors opened and they stood outside the doors before going in.
 
"Well, Mingyu-oppa, I had fun with you today. Let's hope we meet each other more from now on, okay?" SinB shyly asked.
 
"Sure, SinB-ah. Thanks for accompanying me to the store today. My trip would have been lonely without you. Let's hang out more!"
 
"Bye, then!" both of them said at the same time as they each entered their respective houses.
 
While Mingyu had closed the door of his house after waving to SinB for the last time. He lightly slammed his back against the door and slid down while covering his face with his hands while he broke into a wide smile and little giggles just like a teenage girl. His entire face was red as he wondered how he managed to survive that mere hour with SinB. He had so much fun and had enjoyed it to the fullest. Now he wondered whether SinB on the other side of the door was feeling the same.
 
Meanwhile, SinB was in the same position as Mingyu as she slid down her door and was immediately attacked with blush too. Her face broke into a huge grin too, and soon after, the giggles came. She wondered how she had managed to get from their senior-junior relationship to being friends in a mere hour. She too had maybe a little too much fun and enjoyed the small outing like no other. SinB wondered too, whether the boy on the other side of the door would be feeling the same.
 
They may not know each other's thoughts, but one thing was certain- they were falling in love.