Valentine's Day

Life With Seventeen

Valentine's Day was around the corner, and Seungcheol and Jeonghna were busy preparing surprises for each other. Seungcheol was busy with a lunch at his house while Jeonghan, on the other hand was trying to paint. Well, to anyone that seems normal, right, for a couple celebrating Valentine's Day. But, here is the catch. Jeonghan was a chef in his family restaurant, Yoon's Kitchen. Seungcheol, on the other hand ran a customized painting shop online. Although his business was only recently started up a year ago, his impeccable art skill quickly shot him to up to fame and within a year, his mere hundred followers had shot up to a eighty - hundred and fifty thousand. And so, it was Valentine's Day and they had ended up trying their hand at each other's profession...... secretly.

Seungcheol

 

Seungcheol wielded a knife in his hand carelesly as he tried to chop the garlic that was laying still in front of him, only to have it fly off the board and into some place that he could not find. He looked at his knife in amusement and reached for another garlic that was in the mesh bag. This time, after searching the internet, he had successfully peeled two cloves of garlic and had proceeded to chop them up. He was expecting his garlic to look like Jeonghan's whenever he was cooking, but what came out was irregular chunks in all kinds of shapes and sizes.

 

Ugh. Jeonghan made it look so easy!

 

Grabbing a pan from his cupboard, he poured oil all over his pan to coat its entire surface, and dumped the garlic in. Almost immediately, a sizzling sound emerged which startled the poor novice cook as his jumped away from the pan in horror. A few seconds passed and Seungcheol noticed a faint burning smell from the pan. Peering over the edge of the pan, his spotted his burning garlic and hurriedly pushed them away, and to his relief, the sizzling sound had quietened down, as he stirred the hazelnut brown garlic around. After a while of doing that, he finally gathered up his nerves to put in the chicken and the other ingredients like the red pepper paste and red pepper flakes.

 

As soon as he did that, the sizzling sound erupted from the pan and immediately grew in volume. Terrified, he stepped away from the pan, fright written all over his face and gently prodded the chicken around the pan. However, this beginner cook had failed to realize that chicken cooked quickly and soon enough, a light burning smell wafted through his kitchen. He raised his eyebrows in alarm and quickly sccoted over to the pan to turn it off. Thank goodness, the chicken was not burnt yet. He hurriedly pulled out his recipe, only to realise that he was supposed to cook with a small fire. In his haste, he had used a medium fire. Seungcheol rolled his eyes at his own stupidity and turned off his stove to a small fire. As he stirred the chicken around, he found that his dish was starting to look like the recipe's. 

 

Well, he was doing a good job for someone who cooked for the first time. Seungcheol certainly hoped that Jeonghan would find it edible, not even daring to think that his boyfriend would find it nice. 

 

Jeonghan

 

It was literally 4 hours before their date on Valentine's Day, and Jeonghan stared aimlessly at his blank canvas. He was trying to create his favourite selfie on the now clean surface. He gingerly picked up a pencil and started sketching his head, only for it to be rubbed away within seconds. Hmmmm, that line was not straight. Glancing at his reference picture, he tried to start again, this time starting with this significant other. After finally getting that one line down, he smiled wryly at himself, and tried to draw a perfectly symmetrical line, only for him to rub it away on his fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth try. Finally, finally on his ninth try, he managed to draw a line that was somewhat similar enough to Seungcheol's face. 

 

Glancing at the clock, it figured that the two lines took him an hour to complete. Pushing his back in fustration, he wondered why on earth he would  even have the thought of drawing his boyfriend's face. "If I actually cooked," he thought sheepishly to himself, "I would've been done by now."

 

"But I cannot give up, it's for Cheol after all!" he thought to himself.

 

And so, he steadied himself, took a deep breath and started concentrating. He was running out of time and he had only Seungcheol's outline done. For the next two hours, he concentrated as hard as he could, and at 11am, he already had his face coloured. They had arranged to meet at 12, so Jeonghan figured that he could get ready in 30 mins if he was fast enough. Jeonghan looked up from his canvas and stretched his body.

He had half and hour left. And in that half and hour, he focused picked up the paint. Moving his hand as fast as he could, he finally finished the entire picture right at 11:30am. 

 

Heading up to his bathroom to bathe in a flash, he grabbed a white shirt, black pants and cardigan from his cupboard. It was simple, but at least it matched. Within twenty five minutes, he was in his clothes, and was finishing up on his light makeup. Jeonghan sped down the stairs, grabbed his painting, put it in a special box, grabbed his car keys off the table and dashed out the door. Settling his painting comfrotably in his back seat, he closed the door and went to the driver's seat and started the engine. 

 

Phew, it was exactly 11:30am. Half and hour to drive to Seungcheol's house. He could make it. Jeonghan's heart was beating furiously and his mind racing as he thought of what his boyfriend could say about his painting. He was a chef, after all, not an artist. Also, he wondered what Seungcheol had prepared. Whatever it was, he could not wait to find out.

 

-----

 

Seungcheol paced around the house anxiously, as he waited for Jeonghan to come. Just when was he going to arrive? Will he eat my food? It cannot be that bad right?

 

Just when Seungcheol was immersed in his thoughts, the doorbell sounded.

 

"Ding Dong!". The sound of the door bell rang loud and clear throughout the house. Seungcheol looked up and ran over to the door, almost tripping over the steps in haste. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door to his beautiful and strikingly handsome boyfriend of three years. Jeonghan looked so handsome and perfect in that cardigan with his outfit. Giving him a welcome kiss, Seungcheol beckoned his boyfriend into the house while smiling sweetly at him and looking curiously at the box which he was all too familiar with. That was a box for packaging canvases. At least that was how he used it. Did Jeonghan really paint?

 

"Babe, that looks so cute! Did you put it up?" Jeonghan tugged on his sleeve, pointing up to the "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LOVE!" banner that Seungcheol had bought because he thought it looked cute. And because the party deco shop was having a sale.

 

"Yes I did, babe" Seungcheol replied, chuckling.

 

" Awww, you're so cute!" Jeonghan told him, pecking him on the cheek.

 

Seungcheol imediately blushed a light tint of pink and pulled Jeonghan to the table where his chicken dish with the some rice sat. In that span of time after the traumatic dish, he had figured out how to cook rice without a rice cooker and hence the rice. Seeing the dishes on the table, Jeonghan gasped in delight. His boyfriend cooked? They were totally doing each other's professions, interestingly.

 

"I really hope this is edible, love." Seungcheol said, as he pushed the plate of chicken slightly forward to Jeonghan.

 

The chef glanced at the dish in front of him and raised in eyebrows in amusement. He was really trying not go full on chef mode with his boyfriend and put him down for something he put in so much effort for. So, he gingerly took one piece and carefully put it in his mouth, chewing slowly and it was actually edible! A little nice, even, with reasonably well ratioed red pepper paste and red pepper flakes. He looked up to find his boyfriend staring anxiously at him, as if he may spit out the food due to it being horrible and in no way edible.

 

"Sweetheart, it's actually nice! Babe, I'm not kidding, it's honestly fully edible!" Jeonghan flashed his gummy smile at his companion, giggling abit at how it was obvious that Seungcheol was about die from the nervousness. He told his now relieved boyfriend to relax and start eating too, seeing how he had not taken a bite at all. All thoroughout lunch, they talked about anything under the sky, from Seungcheol's traumatic cooking experience to pestering Jeonghan about what was in the box.

 

"Babe, pleaseee just tell me what's in the box. Is it a canvas?" Seungcheol endlessly pestered, his curiosity really peaking. Jeonghan heartily laughed at his "advances" and told him to finish his food first, then he would get to know. Staring at Seungcheol wolfing down the last of his food, a wave of gratitude suddenly just rushed over him. Jeonghan knew that Seungcheol was never one who knew or had the knack for preparing parties. That banner was probably the result of hours at the party deco store deciding whether pink or blue looked better. And he knew that the chicken dish was possible as traumatic as it could get judging from the blackened wok in the sink. But, his boyfriend had still bothered to go through all this trouble just to prepare the perfect Valentine’s Day surprise for him. 

 

With that thought in mind, Jeonghan swiveled his chair to face his boyfriend and gave him a peck to his cheek. Seungcheol, surprised at the sudden and unexpected kiss, quickly flushed a light tint of pink.

 

“Babe, what was that for?” Seungcheol spoke, barely managing to get through the sentence without stammering.

 

“Nothing much. Thanks for prepping all of these-”, gesturing to the space around him, “ and I love you!”, Jeonghan confessed, simultaneously sneaking a kiss onto Seungcheol’s lips.

 

“Awww, these were easy to set up, no biggie babe!” Seungcheol replied, chuckling to himself in the process. He was proud that Jeonghan liked is work, knowing how bad he was as at decor.

 

After washing the dishes, Jeonghan finally brought Seungcheol to his special box. He playfully warned his boyfriend about how horrendous the painting would be, before carefully and slowly pulling the large square canvas out of its temporary home. Almost immediately, Seungcheol's jaw dropped, not in horror but in amazement. The canvas had a 70% resemblance to their selfie, and although it did not nearly reach anywhere near his standard, he thought that it was really well done from his boyfriend in comparison to the other drawings that he had seen when they were playing for fun.

 

"This....this is beautiful sweetheart! Thanks so much" Seungcheol exclaimed to Jeonghan, sneaking a kiss on his boyfriend's lips.

 

"You actually find it nice, Cheol? Don't lie..." Jeonghan replied sheepishly, not buying his significant other's words so easily. He was a chef, after all, facing an artist. How could it ever be nice?

 

"Babe, trust me, it's really good. In fact, it's going on my wall because it's just that perfect......like you." Seungcheol slid up to his boyfriend and whispered while grabbing him by the waist, letting him hands rest comfortably on his boyfriend's hip. Jeonghan, on the hand, slowly guided his hands to encircle his boyfriend's neck.

 

Hearing Seungcheol's words, Jeonghan giggled bashfully. He gazed directly into his boyfriend's eyes and admired them, his own eyes filled with adoration and admiration for him. All through these years, Seungcheol had been nothing but caring, considerate and overall, a wonderful human being, making him the most awesome boyfriend ever. Sure, they had their up and downs like every couple, but with Seungcheol, the downs turned into ups faster then any other boyfriend he had. Being the head chef in a family business, there were many other chefs he had to supervise, and while most of his chefs were cooperative, some of them... were just creating trouble after trouble. Everytime someone created trouble in his kitchen, he ultimately was the one who had to answer to his fuming parents. Subsequently, the built up would be released by him crying while sinking in a corner. And without fail, a phone call would be made to his boyfriend, his tears running down his face and voice all choked up. Within minutes, an anxious Seungcheol would be speeding up the stairs and bringing him into his arms. While doing so, he never got mad, and at the same time kept a rational view of how he should go about things. He absolutely loved that side of him. And this little paragraph is still not enough to describe just how much he loved and treasured his boyfriend. 

 

As all these thoughts ran through Jeonghan's head and came into an end, he slowly inched forward and gently placed his lips on Seungcheol's as his eyes fluttered close. Seungcheol responded to the kiss almost immediately and tightened his hug around Jeonghan as he very lightly tugged him closer. Effortlessly carrying Jeonghan up, he walked over to the dining table and placed him down, sighing slightly into the kiss now that the were in a more comfortable position. This kiss was a slow one, but a very sweet and endearing one nonetheless. It showed their gratitude toward each other for all these years. After a few minutes, Jeonghan had to pull away for air and he glanced passionately into Seungcheol's eyes.

 

"Have I told you how much I loved you, babe?" Jeonghan whispered.

 

"Sweetheart, there's absolutely no way I wouldn't know. But, did you know that I love you more?" Seungcheol teased playfully, kissing Jeonghan's wrist ever so slightly.

 

Seungcheol stared lovingly at Jeonghan and his mind wandered off to how wonderful and fantastic of a singnificant other he was. Jeonghan, was always there for him in his hardest times when he needed him the most. No matter what time it was, when Seungcheol would be having a tough time at work, or when he simply just could not sleep. A simple call to Jeonghan was he needed, and his boyfriend's car would be seen outside five minutes later, comforting and lulling him to sleep. Being his own boss, a lot of stress on him and although he never meant to, sometimes his would carelessly take it out on Jeonghan. However, his boyfriend never turned it into a big fuss and just willingly understood that he was under a lot of stress and needed some comforting. He could never imagine how he had managed to keep Jeonghan for all these years even though he did extremely irrational things at times. And all this that was said, does not even make half of the reasons why he loved Jeonghan. There will always be endless reasons he could list out as to why Jeonghan was “the one” for him. 

 

“Babe, I love you so goddamn much.” Seungcheol said, emphasising every word carefully.

 

“Right back at you, sweetheart.” Jeonghan said back, winking at Seungcheol  before capturing his boyfriend’s lips in another romantic kiss.

 

This time, the kiss was more passionate as Jeonghan started nibbling on Seungcheol’s lips. Seungcheol let out a soft moan and captured his boyfriend’s lips in romantic kiss. That especially passionate, loving and mind blowing kiss lasted for a few minutes, before both of their eyes gently fluttered open. Jeonghan buried his head in his boyfriend’s chest and breathed in the familiar scent which he loved so much. Seungcheol wrapped his arms around his lover and gently swayed from left to right, holding each other in a tight embrace.

 

This was how their Valentine’s Day was spent, and it was perfect. The pair would never trade it for any other one in a long, long time.

-------------------------

hey guys it's lollllli :) yes this was supposed to be in time for Valetine's Day but author-nim here can't count the month .-. (jkjk she was just lazy) Anywayyyyy here it is and I hope you enjoy it XD

-lollllli