House of Cards 4

House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•+•+•+•

 

4 years ago • 21 years old • Jeju Island

The night of HaeYin and Jiyong's wedding their parents decided to not tell them what was going on but they were all looking for Chaerin.

The next day, everyone was freaking out and the couple found out what was happening.

Jiyong paced back and forth on the room that Chaerin was supposed to be staying in "what do you mean she's missing?" He asks YoungBae

YoungBae who was also worried ran his hands down his hair "she rented a car last night, she left the hotel and hasn't returned" he said wanting to stay calm

HaeYin rolled her eyes "she probably got drunk somewhere and is hung over" she said not caring

Jiyong turned to look at HaeYin "she's not that irresponsible HaeYin" he said worried

HaeYin chuckles "well if she left without saying anything then she is very irresponsible Jiyong" she argued

"We will track the car down, I'm pretty sure something happened to her, this is very unlike her" Dara said

Seunghyun was pacing back and forth too "I will go down to the beach and drive around the area maybe I'll find her" he said leaving the room

Jiyong looked at his cousin, he knew he felt something for Chaerin. He could see it in his eyes, every time he looks at her his eyes shine and he's happier, which makes Jiyong happy. He wants to see his cousin and best friend happy and married if she ever accepts his feelings.

"I'll check the surveillance cameras Hyung" Jiyong says and follows Seunghyun

HaeYin just rolled her eyes annoyed "she's probably just putting up a show" she said and left the room mad.

Dara narrows her eyes on her as she can't believe she's actually thinking like that about her twin sister.

The hours passed and there was no sign of Chaerin, the day ended once again and everyone was beyond worried. The next day there still was no sign of her and by now Seunghyun had scanned the whole island already. Jiyong, YoungBae and him were desperate to find her.

Dara stayed at the hotel lobby close to her phone and the staff to see if she would show up but nothing, the boys were just returning from their search when a cop approached MrLee.

"We have some news MrLee" the cop announced

MrLee quickly stood up "what is it?" He asks

"We found the rental car in a secluded beach on the other side of the island, we only found her heels on the shore of the beach" the cop said feeling sorry for the family

Dara widen her eyes, she was sadden and shocked with the news

"What about her? Any signs from her?" Asks MrKwon

The cop shook his head no "there was footprints leading towards the water but they disappear the closer they got to the water"

Jiyong ran his hands on his hair pulling on it, he felt hopeless.

"She's a good swimmer" Seunghyun said wanting to keep hope.

"Once her feet can't touch the sand or ground below her when she's swimming, she freaks out" Dara said in a mumble

Jiyong sat down in the lobby couch as that fact downed on him, but he looked at his cousin to see what his reaction would be.

Seunghyun looked the worse, his hair was a mess and his eyes were red and looked tired.

MrsLee cried when she heard what Dara said, she knew her daughter loved the water but was afraid once her feet couldn't touch the ground below her.

"Do you think she drowned?" HaeYin asks bluntly, she looked the less affected one.

The cop turned to look at her "we will keep looking for her and investigating on what happened but it's highly possible that she did"

MrLee stumble back and MrKwon catches him, MrsLee cries harder as MrsKwon comforts her but she's sad as well.

HaeYin doesn't say anything but just sits down next to Jiyong and looks into space, he wrapped his arms around her to comfort her.

The days were long and cruel to the family and friends, there was no sign of Chaerin in the days that they stayed at Jeju.

The only thing the police could deduct is that she drowned, there was no other explanation or hope.

If she were to be alive then she would of called her family by now, if she were kidnapped then someone would of called already asking for money but that wasn't the case.

It was as if the world would of opened up and erased all trace of Chaerin, there was no sign of her being alive or dead.

The days passed turning into weeks, the cold nights turned into months and suddenly it became a year.

She had been missing for a year and everyone still had hope, everyone wanted her to be alive except for one.

Her twin sister could careless about what happened to her, she felt nothing about Chaerin being missing.

All she hated about it was that Jiyong now spent some of his free time going to Jeju to look for her, he doesn't give up hope as well as Seunghyun.

They both make trips during different times in hopes of finding her or at least a clue that gave them hope that she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter