House of Cards 17

House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


HaeYin walked in the office, it was Monday afternoon and her husband has been working since very early.

She has barely left him out of her sight, he wanted to go out alone all weekend but she always tagged herself along.

She not being dumb at all noticed how annoyed he was with her for doing so.

He looked up from his papers to look at her "what are you doing here?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows

"I want to have lunch with my husband" she says happily

"I have lunch planned with some investors"

"I can always tag along"

He smiles "you can't keep doing this, it's unprofessional"

"So is that a no?"

"Ill reschedule it, lets go have lunch"

She smiles "I love you"

"I love you too"

 

 

After having lunch with his wife Jiyong excused himself to go to the restroom, he stopped close to the bathroom and got his cellphone out. He dialed the number he now knows by heart.

"Jiyong?"

"Honey I'm sorry I haven't been able to stop by this week or weekend, I know I promised I would"

"I can't stand being alone here, I need to go out.. I need you to come see me"

"I promise I'll be there soon.. I miss you"

"I miss you too"

All of a sudden Jiyong feels as his phone is leaving his hand and taken away by perfectly manicured nails

"Who's this? Are you the that kept my husband's bedsheets warm?" HaeYin asks with hatred in her voice

"Excuse me?"

"Look you cheap , Jiyong is my husband and I need you to stay away from him!! He's mine and will always be mine, you're just an insignificant little "

Jiyong widen his eyes and took away the phone from her hands "it's my mother!"

HaeYin rolled her eyes at him "i'm not stupid Kwon" she says and walked away from him.

"Chae?" He asked into the phone

"I got to go"

And with that the line went dead. His hands quickly turn to fists, he was furious.

When he reached the table HaeYin had a mocking smirk on her face "you didn't had to do that" he says pissed off.

"What? Upset I insulted your ?" She asks mocking him

"She's not my " he says through clenched teeth

She laughs "you're my husband, she's the other woman.. that makes her a "

"I'm leaving" he says standing up from his chair and leaving his wife there.


 

Dara,

"I need to talk to him, he lied to me" Dara says distressed

"There must be an explanation" YB argues

"I know he's your best friend but you can't defend him on this, he lied even when he knew that she wouldn't be in Jeju and he lead me on"

YB sighs "I know" he wants to defend his best friend of many years but he can't, he knows Jiyong is wrong.

"I know you want to protect him but he lied.. that poor woman is desperate looking for Chaerin"

He furrows his eyebrows "its weird, she kept calling her 'her daughter' she practically kidnapped her" YB points out

"There must be an explanation"

"For Jiyong too, there must be an explanation"

She sighs "we have to talk to him and demand that he takes us to her"

"I agree with you"

"Call him"

YB nods and calls his bestfriend and puts him on speaker.

"Hey YB"

"Hey Jiyong"

"What's up man? I'm kind of in a hurry"

"Why? Everything okay?" Asks YB

"Uh- HaeYin is pissed off with me at the moment"

"Uh okay, well I just wanted to meet up with you.. have time?"

"Sure, tomorrow?"

YB looks at Dara and she nods yes "yeah that's fine or I'll see you at the office later"

"I won't be there all day today, lets just talk tomorrow morning"

"Sure, sounds good"

"Alright, see you tomorrow"

"See you tomorrow" YB says before hanging up on him.

Dara looks at him relief "why would HaeYin be pissed off at him? Do you think it has anything to do with Chaerin?"

YB shrugs "I don't know, there's only one way to find out" he says and eyes her phone that is on the coffee table.

She grabs her phone and call her cousin, after a few rings the call disconnects "she doesn't answer"

"They're probably together" YB points out

"Probably

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter