House of Cards 18

House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Then next day,

Jiyong as expected was working in his office, he wasn't himself that morning. He kept making mistakes, he pushed the papers away from him and frustrated he ran his hands through this hair.

He heard a knock on the door, he looked at the clock and he knew it was YB

"Come in"

As soon as those words left his lips the door opened and YB and Dara walked in, she was behind YB but he could see her hurt eyes.

He instantly felt bad for lying to her, he felt as her eyes were judging him and demanding answers. He looked away from her and looked at YB.

"Jiyong we come in peace" YB begins

"Speak for yourself" Dara retorted

Jiyong knew that this was about Chaerin "I can explain" he begins before they go on

"What? That you lied to me? Why? Why would you do that?" Dara asks sharply

Jiyong looks down "I love her" he confesses he says defeated

"That doesn't excuse anything, you could of told me that instead of lying" she argues

"I don't want to lose her" he admits

Her eyes soften after she sees how vulnerable he actually is "I lover her too, I haven't seen her in 4 years" she said softly

"We want to see her, that's all" YB says "otherwise you don't leave us another option than to tell her parents" He adds

"I can't-"

"I want to see Chaerin and you can't keep hiding her, it's not fair!" Dara says now pissed off and annoyed

All of a sudden they hear the door burst open, the eyes of the man at the door were wide with surprise "who's hiding Chaerin?" He asks in his deep voice, his eyes land on his cousin.

Dara sighs, YB only keeps his eyes close on Jiyong. Jiyong doesn't say a word.

"I meant HaeYin" Dara says eyeing Jiyong

"I clearly heard Chaerin" Seunghyun argues

"I meant HaeYin, since he's been back I haven't seen her" she adds with a frustrating tone.

Seunghyun narrows his eyes on Jiyong then on Dara, he nods and lets it go.

Jiyong looks at Dara "tonight" he reassures her

 

 

Chaerin sat on a chair outside in the balcony of her new apartment, she looked out to city that she badly wants to explore. She pouted, she hasn't been out of that apartment since she got there.

She's been beyond bored and feeling like a prisoner, she notices as one of her neighbors is also out on his balcony.

She not wanting to engage in conversation or awkwardness she just waves at the man and she goes back in her apartment, she noticed the man waved back at her when she was about to enter.

She picked up the phone and scanned her calls, Jiyong hasn't called her since he left her there the night before.

She recalled happened that night before he left..

"What are you talking about?" She asks puzzled and her head hurting badly

He brings her in his embrace and kisses her lips "I love you"

Her head hurts badly " I need to sleep" she says drifting off to a sleep.

When she woke up in the morning she was alone yet again, he wasn't there anymore but his words were engraved in her head.


"You're Chaerin"

 

 


When he said those words she wanted to leave quickly, she wanted to be as far away from him as possible. She felt scared and feared that the man in front of her was someone else.

She jumped when she heard the door open and close, she looked at the clock on top of the tv '5:58pm' she saw as he walked in the room.

"Chae, we have to go"

"We? Where to? Are we going back to Jeju?"

"Just get some clothes from the closet, change and lets get going" he instructed

Chaerin felt like she was in danger, she went to the room to do as he instructed her then she heard banging on the door. She jumped and walked back to the living room only to see Jiyong pacing back and forth and running his finger through his hair.

"Should I open?" She asks as the banging didn't cease

He looked surprised "go back to the room! Lock yourself in there" he said slightly pushing her back to the room

"Jiyong open the door! We know she's in there!" She heard the voice of a woman say before Jiyong closed the door to her room.

"Open the door" Chaerin said picnicked and opened the door to the room slightly. She saw as Jiyong opened the main door and a woman with brown long hair walked in followed by a man.

"Where is she?" She saw the woman's face ask in distress

"In the room" Jiyong said defeated

Chaerin's eyes widen and opened the door now fully, she saw as the woman's eyes widen and fell half way open. She saw as tears began to run down the woman's face but she just stood there in shock watching her.

The man beside her stood frozen as well, his eyes were wide and he looked stunned. She noticed as the man held the woman because she had fainted in his arms now, Chaerin walked out of the room and ran to her.

"Is she okay?" She asks the man holding the woman

His eyes went to her "uh- yeah yeah, she's just shocked" he admits then he looks at Jiyong "I need some alcohol"

Jiyong moves quickly to get alcohol while Chaerin stayed close to YB and Dara.

After a few minutes of placing a cotton ball close to Dara's nose she regained her conscious, her eyes went to Chaerin.

She took a deep breath and looked at her cousin without saying anything.

Chaerin went close to Jiyong, she was seeking for protection against these strangers, she noticed as Dara's eyes looked hurt but somewhat relieved.

Jiyong held on to her hand and gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter