House of Cards 2

House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•+•+•+•

7 years ago • 18 years old

HaeYin stood in front of her twin sister "he's amazing" she said describing how great her boyfriend is at things that Chaerin will never experience, then she bites her bottom lip remembering Jiyong.

"I'm glad you found him unnie" Chaerin said a bit uncomfortable so she laid on the couch in the family room, it was Saturday morning and she had plans for the day.

"But I have to be honest" HaeYin now said getting Chaerin's attention "I don't like him hanging out with you a lot" she added

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows, HaeYin had never mind then hanging out "he's my best friend Hae, plus he loves you"

"and you love him?" HaeYin questions

Chaerin furrows her eyebrows more "he's my best friend of course I do" she says ignoring her, she knows how her twin could be, she likes to exaggerate things.

"Just remember he loves me baby sis" HaeYin said as she sat down on the couch as well, her eyes fixed on Chaerin.

Chaerin looks at her sister and rolls her eyes "I know Hae, he tells me almost everyday how in love he is with you"

HaeYin smiled widely "he's coming over tonight, are you going to be home tonight?" She asks

Chaerin shakes her head no "I'll make sure to leave as soon as he gets here" she knows HaeYin doesn't like her around when Jiyong spends the night with her when their parents are away.

All of a sudden the door bell is heard and HaeYin jumped "he must be here earlier" she voices and runs to the door.

Chaerin looked at the clock '4:25pm' and rolled her eyes, she hears as her sister opens the door then squeals happily.

The feelings she once felt for Jiyong haven't quiet disappeared instead they have grown more then she ever wanted, she wanted to forget him as she knows she can't like him.

She pouts and gets up from the couch, she began walking towards the stairs as she doesn't want to see them together. She quickens her pace but to her dismay she hears her name being called.

"Chaerin-ah I finally get to see you" he says as he walks over to her and wraps his arms around her in a warm hug.

Chaerin returns the hug and sighs "I've been busy, preparing myself to go away for university and all" she confessed

He makes a face, almost sad "so you are leaving?" He asks softly

Chaerin nods "no and yes, I'll be attending Seoul university but I've decided to live in the dorms" she says

"Isn't it great? She gets to stay" HaeYin says overly happy, it almost sounds fake.

Jiyong smiles widely "it is great, she gets to stay with us" he looks at Chaerin

Chaerin gives them small smile and nods "well I'll leave you both alone now to enjoy" she says now changing the subject then she looks at her twin "I'll be leaving around 7 unnie"

HaeYin nods with a smile "will you be returning home?"

"Is Jiyong oppa staying the night?"

"I might" he looks intensively at Chaerin.

"then I might be sleeping over at Hyuna's or Dara unnie house" she says giving HaeYin a look

HaeYin blushes and smirks "that's fine just let me know"

Chaerin nods "have fun you two"


The next week,

Chaerin is in college to study business as she wants to be involved in her parents business and HaeYin is studying real state to understand that concept of her families company.

Chaerin walked into the building where her dorm would be but before she took a step further in her phone began ringing.

"Hello?"

"Chae I need your help"

"With what?" She asks curious

"I need you to be a maid of honor"

She heard the voice of her cousin say and she squealed "Omo unnie! He proposed?"

Dara screamed in happiness on the other line and says "yes!!"

"I'm so happy!! Of course I'll be you're maid of honor!" She said happily.

"We have so much to do Chae-ah but the wedding will be next year so we have plenty of time"

Chaerin smiles "Dara unnie, I'm soo happy for you" Chaerin said raising her voice and screaming in joy.


 

The first week of university was great for Chaerin, she took advantage to make friends here and there. She noticed people took a liking to her and it was easy for her to make new friends, she was glad that Hyuna was attending the same university and she is also her roommate. Chaerin knows Hyuna did a lot of meddling for them to be roommates.

She had also been invited to many parties and she declined almost every invite except for the one that was going to be held Saturday night which was tonight, she was quiet excited for her first college party.

Hyuna pushed her towards the bathroom "change, quickly" she instructed

Chaerin looked down at her outfit, black jeans with a black hba hoody and her chrome hearts converses "what's wrong with my outfit?" she asks

Hyuna rolls her eyes "at least change those pants for some shorts, mini shorts that hide under your hoody" she instructed once again

Chaerin rolled her eyes "fine fine" she said and changed her pants for shorts, she knew Hyuna liked her to show off everything she got.

 

Once they arrived at the party it was as if time stopped once her eyes met the eyes of the man in front of her, she couldn't blink, didn't wanted to blink. She was afraid that she was imagining him.

She shook her head lightly and looked away as Hyuna pushed her further in the house "enjoy tonight okay? No thinking about your sister please"

Chaerin gives her a small smile and nods "promise" she said raising her hand. Ever since she met Hyuna they've became great friends.

She looked towards where she met the eyes and as expected they weren't there, again she was imagining things.

She sighed and followed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter