5.0 Know me, Love me

Cruel Mangaka and the Gentle Yakuza?

“ Whoa! What a huge place! Hey are you sure this is the place where Sungjong wants us to meet?” Woohyun asked as they were ushered into a great hall. It boasts an intricate oriental design and seemed to be a fusion of two definite artists of western and eastern styles.

Woohyun smiled to himself, so this is where both cultures clash? To think that something as interesting as this would happen…

Suddenly an entourage of bodyguards wearing black suits came in and Sungjong was in the middle of them. He was wearing a kinigashi making him stand out even more from the rest; Woohyun couldn’t believe his eyes seeing Sungjong as though he’s a totally different person.

“You can leave us now” Sungjong’s voice was cold with a natural sense of authority yet as soon as his bodyguards started to leave, he looked at Myungsoo with the same eyes he would look at them before.

Before Sunggyu and Woohyun could greet back, Myungsoo was already gawking at Sungjong.

“Why are you dressed like that? Where the hell have you been all this time?! That’s it, coming here was a bad idea pack your bags and we’re leaving. Change your clothes first, you’re revealing too much! This is a complete violation!”

“Sorry hyung, but I can’t” Sungjong was l smiling, “ I have to deal with something else here, it would be fine if you all could just go back home”

“You, what are you saying these things all of a sudden?” Myungsoo couldn’t restrain the growing anger in his voice, “What is this place anyway?! Let’s just go home!”

“Hyung, I can’t” Sungjong’s still was trying to smile, when he reached out to touch Myungsoo that latter shouted at him

“Stop it! It’s sickening! Why do you keep smiling like that? Don’t hide what you feel!” Myungsoo is now without a doubt, angry.

“Hyung, I “

“Shut up! You selfish jerk! You know how worried I am! The hell I care! You can do whatever you want with your life!” Myungsoo walked out; as he did so a guy wearing a Japanese kimono came in.

“Sungjong, so it’s true you’re back” He took a glance at the people inside the room and started walk to the person he greeted, raised his hand and slapped him.

“I’m sorry nii-san” Sungjong bowed at the guy.

What happened next was so fast no one ever thought about it, Myungsoo clenched his fists, grabs the guy and started to punch him, a fist war had started but it was clear the rage of Myungsoo can’t be stopped.

Sungjong who was too shock at the moment could not even move.

“How dare you hurt Sungjong like that? You lowlife, I’ll kill you” Myungsoo’s eyes were blood shot, as if something in him had snap and he completely lost control of himself, “ No one dares to hurt the most important person in my life, not when I’m not around and definitely not in front of me! Die!”

“Oi! L! Stop it!” Sunggyu tried to stop his cousin but to no avail.

Sungjong who had gotten out of his shock was looking at Myungsoo as his tears are falling, he stood up and hug him from the back, “Myungsoo-hyung, please stop. Don’t hurt him, please”

Upon hearing Sungjong’s Myungsoo voice began to calm down; he stood up and looked at the bloody face of the guy in front of him. “Apologize to Sungjong right now,”

“Tsk, who the hell are you. I would never apologize to person like him. Didn’t he tell you? He likes guys better than girls, wait till he gives you that sickening look and disgusting smile and you’ll know why” the guy stood up and started to walk away.

“Mind telling us what just happened?” Woohyun asked.

The four of them were back at Myungsoo and Sungjong’s room.

The latter was tending Myungsoo’s wound while Sunggyu and Woohyun sat by the veranda looking out to the sea.

It was my last year in high, that was five years ago Sungjong began…

The Tokugawa clan has a lineage of strong yakuza family that has been ruling the local neighbourhood for six generations, Sungjong was the second son born into the family. He has an older sister and an older brother, however during his third year in high school his brother went up and run away from home leaving Sungjong the only son in the family to inherit the title as the 7th heir.  Though no one knows Sungjong was a son of yakuza, he grew up being treated just like a normal kid. Sungjong’s mother was half Japanese half Korean, this is convenient for Sungjong since he uses his Korean name to hide his true identity. So instead of using his Japanese given name he uses the Korean counterpart, the reason why his friends call it the “Lee Household” instead of Tokugawa. They are among the rare clans that allow two different cultures to intermix with each other.

The next year Sungjong was engaged to marry her second cousin, a girl named Suhi.  Suhi had an older brother Sungyeol. When the engagement was announced Suhi and his brother moved into the Lee household.

Sungjong continued his schooling and Sungyeol became his classmate and the two of them eventually became friends. Suhi’s frail body on the other made it impossible for her to go to school, so she was made to stay at home to recover. Sungyeol became the instant heartthrob of the school because of his friendly attitude and good looks he soon garnered fans and he started to receive confession letters almost every other day.

“This is really annoying” Sungyeol said as he opened his locker full of love letters.

“You’re pretty famous nii-san!”

“I really hate stuff like this; it’s a waste of time. If they like me just say it straight to my face. I still can’t read everything in Japanese”

“Oh, that’s right you used to live in Korea until now right?” 

“Yeah and I’d prefer hyung than nii-san”

“Each day, I go to school with Sungyeol-hyung, he was kind and is a gentle type of person. He would listen to me talk about certain things and how I wanted my brother to come back so that he could be the heir instead of me. Little by little, I realized that I had fallen for Sungyeol hyung”

“Sungjong-ah, Suhi asked if you could visit her today. She said she hardly sees you even though you’re in the same compound” Sungyeol said as they both eat lunch together.

“Ah… I’ll visit her when we get home. How is she by the way?”

“She’s recovering fine, she even said that if she all fine she should go to school with you” Sungyeol chuckled.

“hyung, sometimes I wonder if only Hoya-hyung is here then he would be engage to Suhi and not me” Sungjong smiled, “I mean not that I’m complaining about Suhi, she’s a good girl but I think I’m too young to be married and what if there are things that I want to happen, people I want to meet… ones I want to be”

“Huh? You’re saying you’re in love with someone else?” Sungyeol looked at Sungjong and laughed, “Oi! You have guts to tell that in front of your fiancé’s brother?!!”

“Don’t laugh! It’s true! I like someone else! What a pain and here I am thinking you can be of help”

Suddenly Sungyeol’s expression changed, “If you really have someone else, then tell that person how you feel, who knows right?”

“Really?” Sungjong’s hope is rising up.

“Sure, I mean you can have multiple wives right?”

“Ack. Eiyah, it’s not what I meant at all”

Every day since then, I’ve been sorting out my thoughts. I planned to confess to Sungyeol-hyung on the day Tanabata Matsuri but first I have to break off my engagement.  Suhi was supposed to be Hoya-hyung’s fiancé, I’m determined to find Hoya-hyung to give him what should be his” Sungjong could not look at Myungsoo as he continued…

“Bocchan, what are you saying?” Dongwoo, the head butler of the Lee family was shocked by Sungjong’s declaration.

“I intend to break off the engagement, in the first place I am not the 7th heir and I intend not to be. Suhi deserves someone who is in love with her”

“Bocchan”

“You heard me Dongwoo-hyung; please pass my resolve to my father and sister when they get home. I have some place I need to be”

“When I told Suhi about breaking our engagement aI thought she's going to refuse and hate me but  she told me to be happy, she was even smiling at me when I said goodbye to her that night…” Sungjong’s tears was on the verge of falling but he still managed to keep it still, “I arrived at the a little late, Sungyeol-hyung was already waiting for me” 

 

“Sungjong, you like me right?”

“Huh? Sungyeol-hyung? How did you know? Yes! I like you!”

“Then could you do me a favour? Don’t approach me from now on, I don’t want to ever see your sickening face again. As if I’ll fall for someone as disgusting as you”

“Sungyeol-hyung?”

“Go die, I don’t care”

“But all those time we spend together”

“Ah those, I only did that because your father asked me to look out for you, since your brother had run away from home. You can’t even take care of yourself, just go die”

“That night I did not go home, I can’t bring myself to think about my future and I tried to commit suicide but my brother found me and took me home.

Three days after the festival I found out that Suhi is dead, she had committed suicide that night I broke off our engagement, Hoya-hyung had left again and so was Sungyeol-hyung. I’ve never felt so abandoned in my life.

Worse, my classmates found out about me and Suhi, they began to blame me for Sungyeol-hyung’s transfer. I wasn’t even able to attend our graduation because of that, that’s when I decided to leave. That was five years ago, and now I’m here again.”

“I thought I was a goner, until I met you guys. Meeting Myungsoo-hyung gave me something to hope for that I am needed. I’m sorry Myungsoo-hyung you must be feeling disgusted for someone like me being at your side every night. In the end, no matter how I try to keep you from hating me, you eventually did”

This time Sungjong’s tears began to fall. Just the thought of Myungsoo hating him isn’t something even he can handle.

“Oi! Who said I hate you? Don’t decide things like that for yourself, idiot!” Myungsoo lightly hit Sungjong on the head, “I could never hate you”

Sungjong turned to look at Sunggyu and Woohyun.

“Sungjong-ah, all this time you never know Sunggyu and I are already a couple!?” Woohyun leaned and kissed Sunggyu on the cheek.

“Uwaah! You idiots! Don’t do something like that in front of us! Have shame!” Myungsoo tried to cover Sungjong’s eyes.

“Thank you hyung, all of you thank you. I never thought I could have being with you guys and whatever happens I’ll always remember the time we had”

“Nani? Why are you saying things like that?” Myungsoo suddenly looked alarmed.

“Even if I wanted to stay with you, I can’t risk you being in danger. I want all of you to leave now before anything gets serious”

“Sorry Sungjong, but we can’t do that. Right L?” Sunggyu smiled at his cousin.

“As if hell I’m going to leave here without him.”

“That’s settles it then” Myungsoo stood up.“ Sungjong-ah, I told you right no one is allowed to hurt you. I still just a score to settle”

“But hyung…”

“Just answer my question honestly”

“Do you want me to leave you?”

“I…”

“Sungjong!”

“No! I don’t want you to leave me!”

“Then that’s all I have to hear. Come on, Let’s meet this troublesome family of yours”

 

________________________________________________________________IDeviant____________________________________________________________

IDeviant: Hello there^_^ thank you for reading up to now! I hope you enjoy the story so far! *bows 90 degree 

by the way the Castel Inn was derived from a type of sponge cake famous in Nagasaki, Castella.