2. It's from here on out

Cruel Mangaka and the Gentle Yakuza?

My name is Lee Sungjong; I’m 23 years old and for the first two months I worked as a housekeeper for a mangaka named Kim Myungsoo, two months later I was living with him as an assistant.

I learned that he’s Korean and Japanese, was raised in Japan and have been living here for 24 years already. He has an attitude problem, can be a bit of eccentric and a complete ert!

Still I could not believe I was talked into living with him! So here I am, at 23 living with an eccentric person who’s more of a child than an adult.

Yet, why do I feel sorry for him when he told me he’s never had someone cook breakfast for him? And why I feel so happy when he told me that he’s never eating any curry other than mine?

That Myungsoo, everything he does… is dangerous.

**

Today,  Sunggyu-hyung Myungsoo’s cousin as well as his manager and editor, dropped by for his deadline. At time I was really worried about Myungsoo-hyung’s habit but learned to adapt to it, a mangaka’s job is no joke after all. You have to meet deadline, and every page takes hours to edit, inking and all that.

“Sunggyu-hyung, will you stay for dinner? Myungsoo-hyung’s finished with work right?”

“Myungsoo?” Sunggyu was confused for a moment, “ah you mean L? Yeah we’re finally calling it a day” So he calls L, by his name? This Sungjong kid, he’s more than meets the eye.

“Eat with us before you go, thank you for tolerating him all afternoon” Sungjong smiled as he dishes out their dinner.

“Hmmm? You mean L’s eating outside his room?” Sunggyu’s getting amused by the moment.

“Yes, we usually eat here at the table, though sometimes out there on the balcony” Sungjong answered innocently. “ When he’s too busy, we eat in his room”

“Well, this is interesting. Sungjong-ah did you know L never ate outside his room? He also never let anyone in his room except if it’s work. I guess that idiot’s finally changing eh? I’m starting to like this new version of that kid. This has been the first time that he talked to me outside his job too, though he’s still a pain in the ”

“Outside of his job?”

“Well, we mostly talked about you but it’s the first time I saw him smile like that”

“Saw who hyung?” Myungsoo appeared at the top of the stairs.

“Ah, I asked Sunggyu-hyung if he wanted to stay for dinner. I hope you don’t mind” Sungjong began to set the table.

“I don’t mind” Myungsoo walked towards Sungjong without taking his eyes off Sunggyu, “What’s for dinner?”

That kid, it’s pretty obvious. Sunggyu smiled to himself, “Sungjong-ah my bad, I have to turn these today, I have to set a meeting for the adaptations, maybe next time. L you owe me, okay?”

“About what? I told you, you could eat with us”

“I don’t want to ruin everything, besides I have to drop by at Woohyun’s. Bye Sungjong!”

“Bye hyung, be careful when driving”

 “Myungsoo-hyung, what’s an adaptation?” Sungjong asked after they had finished dinner.

“Ah it’s like your work’s being made into a movie”

“Seriously? Wow, you’re so talented”

“What do you mean? Are you saying you’re not convinced that I am?”

“It’s not like that at all! It’s just that I can’t believe I’m living with a famous person that’s all”

“I’m not famous, my works are and don’t think you’re not part of all of this”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Yah, Alien. Come up here, I’m sleepy” Myungsoo beckoned Sungjong to the couch.

“Why do you always have to call me like that, my parents gave me a name and its Lee Sungjong! Lee Sungjong! Go find you own pillow!”

“Oi! Yah! Come back here!”

Sungjong stormed upstairs and closed the door to his room. Even though he had his own room it feels strange for him the fact that he had been sleeping in myungsoo’s room since that day…

“Sleeping pills? What do you mean hyung?”

“L can’t sleep unless he takes them. Thing is, when he was in middle school his mom left him later she had an accident that caused her life, since then, he’s afraid that if close his eyes to sleep he will lose something important to him” Sunggyu explained at the other end of the line.

 Sungjong called Sunggyu after seeing a bunch of prescription on Myungsoo’s desk while he was cleaning them ,thinking that the latter might be in trouble.

“You mean he can never sleep without them?”

“No, not really. The doctors said that it’s him that refuses to accept the reality, it was supposed to be just temporary but that idiot refuses to move on”\

"I should I do hyung?"

“Maybe you can do something about him, who knows”

“Okay hyung, bye”

“Who was that on the phone?” Myungsoo was standing in the doorway.

“It was Sunggyu-hyung; I just asked him a few things”

“Eeh, so you like him?”

“No! How can you say that! I just called him! I ask him why you have so many prescription pills… and what do you care if whether I like hyung or not? At least he's nice to me!”

Myungsoo’s expression darkens, “Who gave you permission to go snooping on my stuff!” he grabbed Sungjong and pinned him on the floor.

“I was just worried okay! I thought you might be in trouble so I called him!” Sungjong tried to fight but Myungsoo had a good grip of the situation.

“Worried? What do you mean by that?” Myungsoo looked angry and confused as he looked at him.

“It’s exactly what I mean! Anyone will be worried if someone they know has things like that! I’m just worried about you...

Myungsoo? Are you alright? Oi!”

The latter collapses into a hug on top of Sungjong, “Don’t say scary words like that; humans don’t care about other humans. I’m right after all, you’re an alien”

“What are you saying? Let go of me, Myungsoo-hyung!”

 “Don’t move, put your arms around me”

“But, you…”

“Just do it”

“Okay, but tell me why?”

Myungsoo rested his chin on the nook of Sungjong’s neck, “Just as I thought, my alien’s warm”

“Myungsoo-hyung?” Sungjong tried to move, “ hyung!?”

“Myungsoo-hyung…. Yah! don’t fell asleep on top of me?!!”

Since that day, Myungsoo-hyung no longer took his pills instead he uses me as a pillow. I was glad I could help, once on his sleep he told me to never leave him, and I know it’s just empty words but somehow that made me very happy.

“Oi, you there?” there was a soft knock on the door, “it’s me”

“What do you want? I told you I’m not going to be your pillow unless you start calling me by my name!” Sungjong still did not move.

“Okay,  just open the door” Myungsoo’s voice was soft.

"say please!"

"Geez, are we some kind of kids?"

"Fine then no"

"okay, okay, calm down Open the door please"

“Fine, but you promised…” When Sungjong turned the knob Myungsoo came barging into his room and grabs Sungjong towards the bed, “ let’s sleep”

“No way! Call me by my name first!” Sungjong struggled to set himself free from the tight embrace.

“Fine! Let’s sleep Sungjong-ah…” Myungsoo caresses the younger boy’s face. “My Alien”

*sigh “Should we transfer to your room? You may feel uncomfortable here” Sungjong tried to wake him up.

“It’s not really the room, it’s who I’m with that makes me feel comfortable”

Sungjong smiled seeing the person beside him stirred for a moment while still holding his hand.” Hai, hai... Oyasumi” These feelings, they’re dangerous.

 

“Sorry but could you do me a favour, and never approach me again? I never wanted to see your face from now on”

“Sungjong! Wake up! Oi! Can you hear me?”

 I opened my eyes and Myungsoo-hyung was staring at me with a worried face.

“Why are you crying?!”

“Huh? Oh it’s nothing it was just a dream” Just a dream.

“Are you sure? You’re not sick are you?”

“No hyung, its fine I’m okay it’s just normal. Let’s go back to sleep”

These things, they’ve been showing up all over again. What am I supposed to do? It’s as if the more time I spend with Myungsoo-hyung the more these nightmares occur.

What should I do?

The next day I did my best to avoid Myungsoo-hyung as much as possible, but the only time that he wasn’t with me was when I excused myself into the bathroom.=-=

If this continues … 

 

 

______________________________________________________________IDeviant*_________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter two's finally done! 

it's really hard to find words to express the feelings I want to convey but I hope I did some justice 

chapter three's going to slowly unfold things in Sungjong's past 

i hope you look forward to it!