Bang Yongguk

Flashlight
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘I won’t get in your way.’

Her words continue to ring in my ear as I watch her walk away. My mind tells me to stop her but my feet wouldn’t cooperate and move along with what my mind is telling me. And I meant it when I said  I wasn’t sure, I was unsure of my feelings towards her. The only thing I was sure of though, was that what I feel when I’m with her is warmth, comfort, and completeness.

‘I won’t get in your way.’

“Yongguk-ah,” Hyosung took my hand and held it, making me turn my attention to her, “let’s start over,” she took the photo in my hand and looks at it, smiling, “you still held onto it.”

“No, I just forgot to throw it away, but now that you’re here, you can have it. Everything between us ended the day you left, Hyosung, we’re not starting over,” I pulled my hand away from hers.

[Flashback]

“Let’s take a break,” Hyosung looked at the ground as we at on the curb outside of her house, taking me by surprise.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m heading to France with Sungmin to study, I need to focus on my study, this is my only chance on getting a full-ride scholarship, I can’t put it to waste.”

“And us keeping a long distance relationship is putting it to waste how?” my blood started boiling, was she saying I was going to get in her way?

“Look, I just need to focus, alright? I promise to come back after I finish my studies. So, will you wait for me?”

“Is this because of that Sungmin dude? Hyosung-ah, you guys barely met a week ago, and you’re leaving me to go with him? Did you,” I hesitated for a bit, not exactly sure if I wanted the answer, “Did you suddenly have a change of heart?”

“Yah! Bang Yongguk! What do you take me for?! I just need to pretend to be his girlfriend-“ her eyes widen as she turn her gaze to me, “Y-Yongguk-ah, it’s just for a while. I just need to pretend to be his girlfriend for a while in front of his parents.”

“I knew it, a full-ride scholarship doesn’t just come without any condition,” I stood up, not believing what I am hearing. “Yongguk-ah, can you wait for me? Just for a few years?” she grabbed my hand and got in front of me.

“If you want a break, I’ll give you a break. But I’m not so sure I’ll wait for you.”

 [End of Flashback]

“I know you’re probably still mad, but, I’ll give you time. I’m back, Yongguk, and this time I’m back to stay.”

 

It’s been a week, and even though I live only a block away from Chaerin, I couldn’t bring myself to contact her. I even find myself hoping I don’t run into her at times. I wasn’t sure if I was ready to be committed again.

“Yah, you’re finally out with us again,” Himchan put his arm around my shoulder as we make our way towards the club.

“It’s only been a week, Himchan,” I rolled my eyes, and then my phone vibrated. And my heart skipped a beat when I saw the name that was being displayed, Lee Chaerin.

“Chae-“

“Bom-ah,” she called for her friend, so I guess it wasn’t me she meant to reach, “why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this? Am I really a bad luck child like my dad had stated?” I heard sniffling, “it wasn’t bad enough that the one guy I actually felt something for has a girlfriend but now my mom ran away too and everything is all because of me.” She let out a sloppy laugh as it broke and became mixed with her cries. “Bommie-ah, am I really a bad person?”

“Chaerin, where are you?”

Then I hear

Please log in to read the full chapter