Bang Yongguk

Flashlight
Please log in to read the full chapter

$5000 by the end of this week, it was impossible. I’m only at $4000, with all that I’ve saved and earned these past two weeks. It’s impossible to earn $1000 within 2 days.

“Yongguk-ah, why do you look so trouble? What’s wrong?” my mother came and sat at the end of my bed. “It’s nothing, I’m fine.”

“But I haven’t seen you for so long, you’ve barely been home lately and your eyes are always bloodshot red. I’m sorry, Yongguk. I’m so sorry you have to go through all this at such a young age,” tears slid down her cheeks as she pats my head.

“I’m fine mom, really. Don’t worry about me, alright?” I hugged her really tight and then let go. “Mom, it’s getting late, you should go to sleep. You really need to rest and not stress so much.”

After some time of convincing, mother finally agreed to go rest and soon enough, my mind was back on the dept.

Just when I was about to go take a warm shower to forget it all, my phone starts vibrating, showing a number not in my contact. Not thinking much about whom it could be though, I picked up. “Hello?”

“H-Hi, um, Bang Yongguk?” it was a female voice.

“This is Yongguk, may I ask who this is?”

“Ah, it’s me, Chaerin. Can we meet up?” I was surprised, never did I thought she would actually call me, which was why I did not expect it to be her.

“Sure, everything alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Um, I’ll wait for you at the swings then, bye.”

She quickly hung up before I could say anything else. Quickly and quietly, I put on my shoes and headed out the door and towards the park. And soon enough, her figure was in sight.

“Hey,” I greeted as I sat down beside her, “what’s wrong?”

“Um, I know it’s not my business because it doesn’t involve me so I shouldn’t in like this but,” she fiddles into her backpack and took out an envelope and hands it towards me, “take this. It’s not much but I hope it helps.”

Confused, I took the envelope opened it up, revealing a wad of cash. I stared at it in shock, not knowing what to say. “T-Thanks but I can’t accept this, it’s too much,” I said as I place it back in her hands.

“No!” she pushed it back into my han

Please log in to read the full chapter