Lee Chaerin

Flashlight
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was not able to hear the person on the other line but whoever it was it made a huge impact on Yongguk. All these times I have spent with him, he has never been struck by anything; he was never surprised by anything. Not sure if it was right for me to stay and wait besides him while he was on the phone, I walked a few feet away where I finished my ice cream and waited for him to finish his phone conversation.

“Hey, sorry about that,” he came back as his usual self. “Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, everything is fine, let’s go.” This time, it was him who was lying and me who was seeing through his lies. Although he smiled and claimed everything was fine, his eyes didn’t. They didn’t disappear when he smiled like they usually do, it was a forced smile.

“I know you’re lying,” I got in front of him, blocking his path, “I’ve been through this way to many times to not be able to know it when I see it.” He suddenly laughed and ruffled my hair, “that’s where you’re just thinking too much.” Yongguk has never lied about anything to me before, he isn’t the type to lie, but this time, he was lying.

“I guess I am,” I forced out the best guilty laughed I had, for I was sure if he wanted to talk about it, he would.

The rest of the way home, he was quiet, deep in his own thoughts, and unlike all the usual times we had walk home together. And this time, we parted at the intersection instead of in front of my house. Although I would hate to admit it, I was honestly a little disappointed, if that was even the right word for it. I just felt kind of bummed out.

Remember, I’ll always be here when you need me.

Thanks.

I texted him first but this time, he didn’t reply with much. I wonder what really happened?

Laying down on my bed, that’s when I felt the paper and remembered the picture in my back pocket. Taking it out and observing it some more, they look exactly like a happy couple. Was that his girlfriend? The bigger problem was though, how am I going to explain it to him when I give it back? Like, hey I took your photo here you go? Ugh, stupid Chaerin, why did you have to take it? Why did you even have to look at it? Sticking the photo into my bag, I tried my best to ignore it as I went to sleep.

 

“Miss Lee Chaerin, you are not going to the party with jeans and flannel. At least put on a pair of shorts, tie your flannel around your waist, and have on a crop top?” Bom made a face with her hands on her hips as she turns to dig through her closet, “or this,” she said as she tossed me a gray aztec printed bandeau, a loose white tank, and a pair of dark shorts, “we’re gonna be at the beach, let’s match,” she grinned at me.

“It’s going to be cold,” I took the clothes and observed it, not really wanting to put them on. But really, I just couldn’t because of my scars; no one besides Yongguk knows about them.

“Put them on,” Bom smiled at me and waited for me to change. I placed the clothes back on her bed, “I-I can’t.”

 “Yah, I thought we were besties?” she cut me off, taking me by surprise. “B-Bom,” I tried to comprehend her getting upset over an outfit, “I’ll just wear-“

“I know about your scars,” this time, I was really surprised, “I know about everything, but I’ve been waiting for you to tell me because I didn’t want to make you talk about it.”

“How?”

“I saw you and that Yongguk guy in the nurse’s office. You really weren’t going to tell me about them? I know about your mom too,” her voice kind of trailed off and toned down a bit, “I heard Sobin talking about it the day after you jumped her at the club.”

“B-Bom-ah,” I started tearing up, causing her to tear up also, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know how to tell you.”

"Yah, you're gonna make me cry too," she suddenly hugged me, “Why did you go through it alone? I’ve told you before, even if I can’t do an

Please log in to read the full chapter