Contre Les Autres

Play the Fox Game~! It's Oh-So Fun~! {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

His third and fourth classes went smoothly, not knowing anyone in his Honors Algebra class and AP Human Geography class along with nothing major homework-wise, and thus, finally getting to lunch. He was really urgent when he quickly packed up to go find Jisoo or maybe Seokmin.

Hansol will admit that he got a bit too urgent when he had accidentally ran into someone he had barely set foot outside of the classroom. This caused both of them to collapse onto the floor and groan in pain.

"I am so sorry about that," Hansol apologizes immediately.

"I-It's okay..." the other boy said in a quiet voice, slowly pushing himself up before leaving without another word.

Seeing the action made Hansol sigh, feeling a strong sense of déjà vu of when he had crashed into Junhui. He got up and made sure to be conscious about trying to stay away to make sure another collision didn't happen.

By the time he had reached the courtyard he lets out a small groan. He knew that finding anyone would probably be nearly impossible when he saw the crowd of students around every area as they chattered and ate their lunch.

While walking around the area, trying to find anyone familiar, he at least ate his sandwich that his mother had packed for him. Eventually, he found a familiar face sitting at a secluded table hidden around the corner of the main building with vines and flowers growing on the wall.

It couldn't hurt to try to talk to him, right?

"Ah- um- Junhui-ssi," Hansol walks up to the other, taking a quick acknowledgement that Junhui had his hand bandaged now, "Do you maybe know where Jisoo-hyung and Jeonghan-hyung are?"

"... Other side of this building," Junhui murmurs, looking a bit uncomfortable with Hansol's presence.

"Thank you so muc-"

"Uh..."

The younger stopped, curious as to why Junhui interrupted him, but noticed how he looked like he desperately needed to say something yet also hesitant to do so, "Um... n-never mind..."

He kind of understood why the other was an actor now, seeing how he simply cleared his throat before continuing to eat, just like Hansol wasn't there in the first place. Hansol hesitated to not question further, slowly looking away as he walked back into the courtyard again.

When he finally reached the area Junhui was talking about, he saw the two hidden behind a tree like some sort of couple. He blinked when he thought about it before realizing that he interrupted something that looked a bit important seeing how Jisoo was blushing and Jeonghan switched his attention to Hansol before the other could say anything.

"I'm interrupting something... aren't I?" he asked awkwardly and noted how Jisoo glared at him. The glare wasn't that intimidating though considering that he was still blushing.

"Did you want to discuss about the project, Hansol-ah?" Jeonghan asked in a clueless way.

"Yeah, but...?" Hansol looks over to Jisoo from the corner of his eyes and see that the other decided to just ignore them, grumbling as he ate a sandwich. He sighs, "I mean... yeah. So when should we meet up? I think that it would be easier to just go to one of our houses, you know."

"Then we should go to your house on Sundays, if that's the case. My house isn't in the best conditions right now," Jeonghan awkwardly laughs.

"Okay, that sounds fi-"

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

Hansol immediately recognized the angry voice as Seungcheol coming from the back of the main building. Worried, he sprints to the area, forgetting about the other two but both had quickly got up and followed after him like many other students.

He reached the area and widens his eyes at the sight.

Seungcheol was standing there with a bruise blooming on his left cheek as he guarded two students. The tallest that was standing behind Seungcheol was staring at him in shock as he was helping another boy up that was just as beaten as himself.

In front of the three were two other students, only one of them was on the ground and holding their stomach, showing shock and obvious signs that there was a harsh impact to his stomach. There was a suffocating silence surrounding the five of them unlike the crowd that had gathered around.

"Hey isn't that the new transfer kid?"

"What is he thinking, defending the bullies like that..."

"That's a shame, I thought that he was kinda cool."

"Who knew that his friendliness was a lie..."

Upon hearing the crowd around him, he couldn't help but feel rather confused when they constantly talked about how Seungcheol was defending the 'bullies'. Hansol knew that that was a lie, knowing that his penpal would never defend the bullies.

"Okay, that's enough kids!"

The crowd begins to shift, a teacher with blond hair walking out of the crowd and up to the five boys and begins to talk loud enough to scold the others but quiet enough for the crowd to not be able to eavesdrop. He turns around, his name tag that was clipped onto the pocket of his shirt with 'Kwak Aron' and his profile picture swinging around roughly, "Hurry up and head to class before you get detention too!"

There were some familiar groans before students slowly shuffled away as the bells rung. Hansol looks over to Seungcheol, their gazes meeting and Seungcheol quickly mouthing 'I'll explain during period 7!' before being pushed away with the other beatened boys to a different direction.

Another sigh escapes Hansol's mouth before he slowly heads over to the second most major building containing all of the language classes and easily catching the sight of Jisoo in front of him. He runs over to the older quickly, "Uh- hey, Jisoo-hyung, are you heading to English 3-4 too?"

Jisoo spares Hansol a glance before looking the other way.

"Listen, I am so, SO sorry about what happened during lunch," Hansol said with his most sincere voice.

"Do you even know what you interrupted?" Jisoo murmurs under his breath in fluent English, letting Hansol quickly acknowledge the fact that they were heading towards the same destination.

"Er... a love confession...?" he asks in English a bit too innocently for his own likings.

"Including the beginning of high school year, my 47th try along with being the 29th where I was interrupted," the older quickly admitted while blushing a light red.

"Oh... jeez... you counted all of that?" Hansol was quite amazed and concerned at the same time that Jisoo was able to keep track of how many times he's attempted a love confession.

He simply sighs, returning to speaking in Korean, "Just... let's forget that this topic existed in the first place... Anyways, do you know why Seungcheol-ssi was defending Mingyu-ah and Wonwoo-ah?"

"No... he said that he'll explain it to me during the last period, which is music," Hansol scrunches up his eyebrows in thought at the names, never hearing the names before and rather others just labeling them as 'bullies'.

"Great, we have another period together," Jisoo mumbles to which Hansol lightly hits him on the arm, "I'm taking offense to that!"

The older simply laughs as he rubbed his arm that was smacked, "I'm joking I'm joking!" There was a moment of silence as they enter the building before Jisoo's shoulders slump a little, "Although I'm still upset about lunch..."

"It'll workout somehow... That reminds me, remember about my question during art history?" Hansol pauses before they enter the classroom.

"Your question...? Oh, that one... well, to be completely fair, you have to be careful about the people around you..." Jisoo smiles in a melancholic way, "In this type of environment... gaining trust is hard... especially regaining it..."

Jisoo turns to enter the classroom, leaving Hansol outside to quietly think.

 Je vous ai dit de rester loin. Voyez? Je ne mens pas au sujet de mes soucis