21970819

Play the Fox Game~! It's Oh-So Fun~! {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

I said I wouldn't give hints anymore but here I am ~( -A-)/ and I SWEAR this will be the last hint (unless there are changes because changes always come at one point :/ ): the more insecure characters will end with questions... wait but that's like 2/3 of the cast


I held no desire to see the world monochromatically...

Because I knew...

They could make the world colorful.

"How did you do that, Nana-noona?!" I was amazed at how she folded a simple sheet of red paper into a little crane. The red looked like it was going to be a fox so it was surprising when it became a crane instead. She smiles at me, "It was something I learned from mama. Mine aren't as pretty as her's though..."

"Are you kidding me?! These are amazing! Teach me how to make one!" I got super excited, making my way to grab a colored piece of paper.

"Well I don't know..."

"Pleeeeaaaaaassseee!" I say really loudly before Nana-noona starts laughing, "Okay okay! I lose! I'll teach you how."

I cheered in happiness because I could finally make one of those cool paper cranes, but after a couple of minutes my paper crane was more crumpled than Nana-noona's. It wasn't as epic as I thought it would be...

"Don't pout, treasure the little mess-ups of life," Nana-noona messes up my hair. She seemed happy about my crane but how do you treasure the mess-ups of life? When I mess-up, I'm always sad.

"How though?"

"Well... look at me for example," she puts her hand on the armrest of her wheelchair, "I'm what people consider a 'mess-up' in life but mama was still willing to have me as her 'mess-up'. If she didn't treasure me, you wouldn't have a noona right now."

"But you're not a mess-up... and mine'll never be as good as your's..." it felt like my crane was making fun of me.

Nana-noona laughs again, "Practice. You just need to practice a lot and to do that you just need to make lots of them. We can make so many that once we have a thousand, we'll make a wish, okay?"

A wish sounds really cool! I nod and I feel more happy about my crane, "Can we do that?!"

"Of course we can. Anything for my lil' bro," Nana-noona smiles.

"Jinah-yah!" mama calls out from the kitchen, making Nana-noona head into the kitchen. I look back to the colored paper before smiling, knowing that if I practice, I can do well!


I didn't want to wake up but when I did, I saw the dark sky and something warming my back.

"WHERE DID SHE GO?! NO! LET ME GO BACK IN THERE! SHE'S STILL IN THERE!"

Mama's voice was really loud and I heard voices of strangers around me. I turned and saw neighbors around me and mama trying to move with fire fighters holding her by the arms. The more I turned, I saw red. Not the red for love, the bright, burning red for danger.

"W-Where's Nana-noona...?" I was scared, she wasn't here with us and mama didn't hear me.

"Look up there!"

"Why isn't she getting out?!"

At a window of the apartment, I saw Nana-noona. Her arms looked shaky as she dropped a bag from the window. She saw me and smiled at me before the building dropped.


"Thank you for letting us stay with you until we're able to gain enough money for another home," I looked away from the TV to see mama bowing a fire fighter.

"It's the least I can do for you guys," he looks over to me before looking over to the bag that Nana-noona dropped. He smiles at me before putting on his hat and closing the door.

"You should go to bed," I saw that mama looked tired and her eyes were still watery before she walks away into her new room. Yesterday, I cried too until I was sleeping and now I don't feel so tired. I don't know why I wasn't tired...

The show got boring so I looked around and I ended up looking at the bag that I didn't want to look at. I only missed Nana-noona the more I looked at it, but I still reached over to it and opened it.

Suddenly, the world was colorful again.

I put my hand in it and took out a red paper crane and I think about Nana-noona's words about treasuring the little mess-ups of life. I still don't understand what she means by that, but I pick up the bag and dump out the paper cranes onto the floor in a colorful mess, but with it something heavier fell out of the bag and crushed some of the cranes.

A small journal tied together by a rubber band fell out with 'Nana' on the front cover. The journal didn't look familiar but there was bookmarks sticking out of a different part of the journal with different labelings on them:

"For when you're feeling down."

"For when you've lost hope."

"For when you want to help someone."

"For when you're 13."

"For when you're as old as I was."

"For your birthdays."

"For mama's birthdays."

"For when you've lost something."

"For when you've made 1000."

"For when you've found happiness."

I carefully take off the rubber band and open the journal to its first bookmark that said "For when I'm gone."

"Now I know that you're tired and I know that mama is tired. I know that I'm no longer here with you, but look at the red paper crane and look at your first paper crane. I want you to remember that happiness we spent together, don't think of the color for passion as the color for evil. I want you to take a deep breath before you read the next part.

That fire wasn't by accident. You might not understand what that means yet since your hand barely fits mine, but you'll understand later. I think of myself as a mess-up in life and mama didn't have a lot of money, so you'll understand that correlation later.

I want you to remember that you are not a mess-up.

You can do a lot of things, so much more than me, so I want you to practice that. Practice so that you can make a big change in someone else's life, unlike mine, which was too late. Keep doing anything possible, no matter what. Keep thinking the world as colorful as these cranes unlike me who already found this world to be a dull black and white.

Sincerely,
Nana-noona."

I sat there knowing that I should show this to mama but I could only look at the paper cranes. I take a deep breath before making a promise in my head for Nana-noona. I didn't want this to happen to anyone else.