Yours

Fight me

If there’s something Chan can say he’s good at, it’s getting his hyungs to be together. And with Junhui and Minghao at his side, anything is possible for OTPs to sail. Tonight, they’re planning to help Mingyu.

 

They didn’t intend to do it at first, but it was tiring to see Wonwoo ignoring Mingyu’s attempts at flirting and making him fall for the Holy Trinity leader, when he obviously has the same feelings. Chan decided that they need to up Mingyu’s game. And when’s the best time to do it than now, when most of his other hyungs got together already? Mingyu’s planned Confession stage be damned.

 

Junhui spun the bottle around with ease. For a few seconds, the players held their breaths. Jeonghan crossed his fingers and squinted at the spinning bottle, trying to mentally control it. Who knows, maybe all the time he wasted on watching X-Men finally pays off now.

 

But as Junhui wanted, the bottle stopped and pointed at Wonwoo’s direction, who glared at the former in return.

 

“Well, well, well. I guess the God of Truth or Dare wanted you, Wonwoo-yah.” Junhui smirked. “Since you’re the first one, we’ll make it easy. Truth or Dare?”

 

Wonwoo sighed. “Truth?”

 

“TRUTH! OH MY GOD, SOMEONE ASK HIM ABOUT ME, QUICK” Mingyu exclaimed excitedly.

 

“Okay, then. Chan, you wanna ask something to him?”

 

“Of course, hyung!” he responded gleefully. Chan looked at Wonwoo intently. “Hyung, what do you think of Mingyu hyung?”

 

“I think I know where this is going.” Seungkwan muttered. He leaned his head on Hansol’s shoulder. The latter just smiled and linked his fingers with his boyfriend’s.

 

Wonwoo’s blank face faltered a bit, surprise becoming evident.

 

“I.. uh.. think he’s.. uh..” he looked at Mingyu, not knowing what to say.

 

“Handsome? So fine? Amazing? Perfect boyfriend-material?” Mingyu supplied.

 

“An idiot. I think he’s an idiot.” Wonwoo ended. Mingyu glared at him.

 

Jeonghan clapped his hands. “Alright, question answered. Spin the bottle again, please.”

 

“Can’t you chill?” Soonyoung asked the long-haired pretty boy.

 

“I cannot.” Jeonghan replied. I cannot chill these feels I have for Jisoo, just let me be, kid

 

Junhui pouted, unsatisfied with Wonwoo’s answer. Nonetheless, he spun the bottle again. This time, it stopped at Mingyu’s direction.

 

“It’s truth for me!” he said cheerfully without waiting for the question.

 

Seungcheol raised his hand. “Oh, oh! I’d like to ask something!” Junhui gestured for him to go on.

 

“When did you realize that you like Wonwoo?”

 

“WHY EVEN ARE THE QUESTIONS LIKE THIS--”

 

“Shut up, Wonwoo. This is fun.” Seokmin cut him off.

 

“Uh.. well..” Mingyu started, looking at everyone. “You ever met someone who just seem really, really special? Like, you don’t know exactly why, but they just have this ‘something’ about them that makes them perfect in your eyes?” he turned to Wonwoo., looking into his eyes. “Like, maybe they aren’t that special or perfect to everybody, but to you they’re just absolutely the best thing that ever happened? For me, that someone is Wonwoo hyung. 10th grade, in Mr. Kim’s class, first day of school. I saw him the first time then. That’s when I realized that he is the person I choose to be with. The person I love.”

 

Wonwoo blushed then looked away, his heart beating fast. Damn it, Mingyu. Staph.

 

“That’s so sweet I want to hug someone.” Seungcheol commented, then he pulled Jihoon in front of him and back-hugged him. Jihoon just laughed softly and playfully pinched his boyfriend’s cheek.

 

“This is all well and good but why are you couples doing couple things, can u not.” Jeonghan said, glaring at them. “Excuse me but we don’t have time--”

 

Jisoo suddenly held his hand. “We can do it too.”

 

Jeonghan’s face turned red. “Uh.. ahm.. sure.. I mean, yeah, okay. Go on, kids. Be couple-y and stuff. Be free.” then he looked at Jisoo’s hand holding his own and smiled. Who even wants to play truth or dare, I like this better

 

Junhui laughed at this. “Let’s just continue the game.” then he spun the bottle. As expected, it’s back on Wonwoo.

 

“Wow. Isn’t it a bit weird how the bottle is only onto them?” Soonyoung looked at Junhui suspiciously.

 

“And what are you trying to imply, hyung??” Minghao asked him grimly.

 

Soonyoung hid behind Seokmin. “This kid is scary, oh my god.”

 

The latter awkwardly laughed. “Nothing, Minghao. Forget what this idiot even said.” please don’t kungfu our asses out of here, jfc we’re good people

 

Chan smiled. “Of course, it’s not weird! Now, is it truth or dare, Wonwoo hyung?”

 

“Dare.”

 

“I dare you to do 17 back flips.” Seungkwan said.

 

“I obviously can’t do that.” Wonwoo deadpanned.

 

“Then I dare you to kiss Mingyu. On the lips. You can do that.” the former responded back, smirking. Hansol laughed, amused with his boyfriend.

 

“Wh-wha.. what?!!??”

 

“Well, that’s quick.” Jeonghan remarked.

 

“I can’t do that!” Wonwoo cried out. “That’s... that’s.. I can’t do that.”

 

“Why the hell not?” Soonyoung asked.

 

Wonwoo blushed. “Because that’s.. that’s absurd! I don’t even like him!”

 

“WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL” Junhui responded. He’s so done with Wonwoo’s denials.

 

“You know what, guys? It’s okay. If Wonwoo hyung doesn’t like it then it’s okay.” Mingyu concluded, already used to Wonwoo being like this. It’s a lie if he say it didn’t hurt him a bit, though.

 

Wonwoo suddenly stood up. “This is stupid.” then he walked away.

 

“Ya! Wonwoo!” Seungcheol called out.

 

Soonyoung shaked his head. “That man, really.”

 

“And here you all are, thinking I’m the drama queen.” Seungkwan rolled his eyes. “Whatever.”

 

Jisoo went next to Mingyu and patted his back, smiling. “Just follow him.”

 

“Okay, hyung.” Mingyu agreed, immediately standing up and going after Wonwoo.

 

Jeonghan pouted and waved his hand in Jisoo’s direction. “My hand. Hold my hand again.” I am drunk with your attention ad therefore shall not hold back any longer. I know you want me, Hong Jisoo~

 

Jisoo just laughed and sat next to the clingy male again. He held his hand. It seemed as if this is the confirmation of their blossoming relationship.

 

Chan facepalmed. “Hyungs these days, really. So embarrassing.”

 

“What should we do now?” Hansol asked. “Should we continue playing without them?”

 

Junhui shaked his head. “No. We’ll all return to our dorms now. Our part is done. Let’s go.”

 

“ WHAT” Soonyoung and Seokmin reacted at the same time. Gays of the same feather do flock together. Soonyoung gave his boyfriend a thumbs-up then faced Junhui. “The game haven’t even, like, really started yet. Only Mingyu and Wonwoo got to play.”

 

Minghao stood up then. “Exactly as planned. So do I hear any objections, hyungs?”

 

The others promptly stood up too. Everyone is too scared to even answer.

 

Seungcheol smiled at Minghao reassuringly. “No. None at all. Kids, go home now.”

 

 


 

 

“Hyung! Hyung, wait up!” Mingyu yelled at Wonwoo, who’s currently walking in a fast pace.

 

Wonwoo sighed and returned to a normal pace so Mingyu could catch up. “What?”

 

“You didn’t have to walk out, you know. That’s so.. dramatic.”

 

“, I’m emo. What would you expect?”

 

“Right.”

 

Wonwoo sighed again. These days, it has been increasingly hard to resist indulging in Mingyu’s attention. Who knows, maybe that’s because he didn’t want to resist in the first place.

 

They walked together on the east side of the playground where a mini park is located. Wonwoo decided to stop and sit on a nearby bench. Mingyu followed and sat next to him.

 

“Mingyu?”

 

“Yes, hyung?”

 

“Do you really like me?”

 

Mingyu laughed. “Of course, hyung. Always.”

 

“Why?” Wonwoo looked into his eyes. Mingyu stared back.

 

“Didn’t you hear me a while ago? I like.. no. Scratch that. I love you because you’re special to me. Not the kind of special that’s known to everybody, but the kind of special that only I can see.”

 

“But why would you continue having those feelings despite me not, you know, responding?”

 

“Because I know that love is hard, hyung.” Mingyu smiled and looked down. “Love needs patience, understanding, kindness, goodness, and sacrifices. It needs trust, respect, acceptance, care, and also forgiveness.”

 

Mingyu lifted his head and looked into Wonwoo’s eyes again. “I may seem like an idiot most of the time, but I know how to love in the right way. How to love you in the right way. So if loving you means knowing that you’ll be happy just being bestfriends with me then that’s fine. I may always say that I’m your boyfriend/husband/whatever, but if there will come a time when you will learn to love someone, and that someone is not me, then that’s also fine. Because I love you enough. I love you enough to put your happiness first before mine. Even if that happiness doesn’t include me.”

 

Wonwoo blushed and softly punched Mingyu’s chest. “You idiot, I hate you.”

 

“I love you too, hyung.” Mingyu smiled.

 

Wonwoo stared at him for a while before speaking. “I can’t risk our friendship for a relationship.”

 

“What?”

 

“If we indeed become boyfriends, what do you think will happen?”

 

“We’ll be.. uh.. happy?” Mingyu tried.

 

“Okay. And then what? When the happiness is gone then what? We’ll break up. And I don’t want that to happen. I like you like this. As my bestfriend. As someone I can trust. As someone who will always be by my side, no matter what. I don’t want to lose you.”

 

“Are you an idiot too?” Mingyu deadpanned. “You will never lose me.”

 

“We can’t assure that.”

 

“Whatever. You’re just emo.”

 

Wonwoo laughed. “I know.”

 

“And I’m an idiot.” Mingyu laughed too. “Your idiot.”

 

There was silence then. The kind of silence that’s comforting.

 

Mingyu stood up. “I’ll go first.”

 

“Uh. Okay.”

 

Then Mingyu ran off. When he was a good distance away from Wonwoo, he stopped, looked back at him, then shouted. “HYUNG!! WHATEVER YOU SAY, I’LL STILL WAIT FOR YOU!!”

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless. “Kim Mingyu, you .”

 

 


 

 

Like how fast they suddenly arrived, Junhui, Minghao, and Chan disappeared quickly too, running to their dorms faster than a student late in a major class. The others were left dumbfounded.

 

“What the .” Soonyoung muttered. Jisoo glared at him.

 

“I have been tolerating your bad language for the whole night, you sinner. Close that dirty mouth of yours. Now.”

 

Soonyoung just smiled cheekily at him. “My bad, hyung.”

 

Seungcheol cleared his throat. “Kids, kids. As the oldest, most matured, and most handsome hyung here--”

 

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow. “UH, EXCUSE ME--”

 

Seungcheol ignored him. “I require all of you to go back to your dorms, now. It’s been a long night.”

 

“Yeah, I guess.” Seokmin agreed. “We should head back, Seungkwan.”

 

“Hyung, can I stay with him here for a while more, please?’ Hansol requested.

 

“Of course you can, my lovely dongsaeng.” Soonyoung immediately conceded. He faced Seokmin and linked his arm with him. “I’ll accompany you until Seungkwan comes home, babe.” then he dragged him away. “Goodbye, dear friends!”

 

Seungkwan realized something. ‘Oh my god, hyungs, don’t do anything inappropriate there! Do it somewhere else!”

 

Hansol laughed and pulled his boyfriend closer. “They won’t. And even if they did, you can always just crash on my dorm. I’m the only one there.”

 

Seungkwan blushed and pouted. Jisoo looked at them. “Kids, remember what I said about protection--”

 

Jeonghan pulled him away too. “Let’s just go back to your dorm and drink milk, Jisoo. Let them be.”

 

“We’ll head out too, then.” Seungcheol said. Jihoon smiled at them and waved goodbye. They went on their way.

 

When it was just Seungkwan and Hansol, the latter back-hugged his boyfriend. “Ugh. I’m so tired.” then he nestled his head on Seungkwan’s shoulder. “I love you.” he whispered.

 

Yet again, Seungkwan blushed. He lightly hit Hansol’s head. “Don’t just say that all of a sudden.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I might develop heart problems.”

 

“That rhymed.”

 

Seungkwan giggled. “You’re lame.”

 

Hansol let go and turned Seungkwan around so they’re facing each other. “I’m lame?”

 

His boyfriend laughed. “Yes, you are.”

 

Hansol pouted.

 

“And I love you, too.” Seungkwan continued.

 

Hansol smiled then hugged him again. “Don’t leave me, okay? If you do, I’ll go all out ‘voodoo doll” on you. If I can’t have you, I’ll just live for you. If it’s you, I’m ready to get hurt as much as I can.

 

“Did you just use the lyrics of that song on me, Chwe Hansol.”

 

“Uh huh.”

 

“I like ‘Monster’ to be honest.”

 

Hansol laughed. “I’ll flip you over, break you down, and swallow you up? I’m gonna mess you up? You like that??”

 

“I think it’s cute.” Seungkwan shrugged. “Creepy, yes, but cute.”

 

“You’re weird. I like that.” Hansol hugged him closer.

 

“You know, if we didn’t meet at the bus stop that fateful day, you think we’d still find our way to each other? To this?”

 

“Of course.” Hansol responded. “You’ll probably see me then be my stalker or something. No one can resist these charms I have--”

 

“Lemme just hit you again real quick--”

 

Hansol laughed again. “I’m just joking. But seriously, I really think we’d still meet. It won’t even matter where I am. I’m yours. That’s our fate.”

 

Seungkwan smiled and snuggled closer to him.

 

“I should probably thank Mingyu hyung later or something. He’s the reason why we met up tonight. The ‘fight me’ thing and stuff.” Hansol thought aloud.

 

“So, basically, your supposed ‘fight me’ is actually ‘love me’, huh?”

 

“Yeah. Kind of.”

 

“Well then. Hansol?”

 

“Yes?”

 

Fight me more.”