Like a Drama

Fight me

To make the atmosphere better for the “clearly miserable but still trying to look positive” Seokmin, the rest of the visitors that aren’t part of Seungkwan’s squad, namely; Jeonghan, Hansol, Wonwoo, and Mingyu, decided to “take a walk and breathe oxygen somewhere else or something” to give the others some time to talk.

 

As the official “mom friend” of the group, Jeonghan suggested it because although he may seem like an , at night he actually have feelings. At first, Mingyu, being the idiot that he is, wanted to stay and listen to whatever Soonyoung and Seokmin’s problem is. He was eventually thrown out of the room with Seungkwan’s “It’s a beautiful night to mind your own damn business, hyung. Get out.”

 

When it’s finally just the three of them inside, Seokmin landed on Soonyoung’s bed with a flop and just stared blankly at the ceiling. Jisoo sighed and sat next to him on the bed while Seungkwan settled on Jisoo’s bed, looking at Seokmin worriedly.

 

“Hyung, what happened?” Seungkwan started.

 

Seokmin laughed bitterly. “It’s my fault. It’s my own damn fault. I.. I still can’t let myself love or be loved. I can’t. And I hate myself so ing much for that because I don’t want to hurt Soonyoung. I don’t want that.”

 

Jisoo looked away. “You should let go of the past, Seokmin. We’ve talked about this before. Why can’t you just accept Soonyoung’s feelings? You’re just hurting yourself.”

 

“I can’t, hyung. I can’t! Soonyoung.. he.. he deserves someone much better than me. Like that Jaeho hyung. Soonyoung is better with him.”

 

“Jaeho hyung? Who’s that? Hyungs, what are you talking about right now?” Seungkwan looked at them both, not understanding anything.

 

“I’ll tell you later, Seungkwan.” Seokmin laughed. “Your hyung is a bad guy.”

 

“Seokmin, stop it.” Jisoo said sharply. Seungkwan was quite alarmed with Jisoo’s serious tone.

 

“I don’t understand.” Seungkwan sighed. “I saw you two earlier at my dorm, you know. You were doing things, hyung. That didn’t have any meaning then?”

 

Seokmin was taken aback. “Oh, that.” he shrugged. “I guess that was also a mistake. Nothing happened, by the way. I ran away before anything could progress. We can’t do something as special as that if we don’t have genuine feelings for each other, Seungkwannie.”

 

“Soonyoung’s feelings are genuine! Yours, too! Why are you being like this?” Jisoo asked.

 

Seungkwan looked at Seokmin. The latter just looked down. They were all so caught up that no one noticed the door open slightly.

 

“For the last time, Seokmin, it is not your fault Soonyoung’s relationship with Jaeho didn’t work. Jaeho liked someone else, loved him even, and Soonyoung recognized that that’s why he left. He knew he cannot compete against that guy. You did not destroy their relationship. It was already one-sided in the first place.” Jisoo continued, now staring at Seokmin seriously.

 

“It’s not just like that, hyung.” Seokmin stood up. “Jaeho hyung wouldn’t date him if he wasn’t interested with Soonyoung. And when Soonyoung broke up with him, Jaeho hyung didn’t date any other guy until he transferred. Hyung, maybe... maybe if I had controlled myself enough back then and didn’t urge Soonyoung to break up with Jaeho hyung, then maybe their relationship would’ve survived until now.”

 

“Seokmin, what are you saying? Soonyoung’s already moved on and he obviously doesn’t care about anyone as much as he cares about you now. He loves you, can’t you see that?” Jisoo stood up too, already frustrated.

 

“I don’t deserve his feelings, hyung.”

 

The door suddenly burst open, revealing Soonyoung. He went directly in front of Seokmin.

 

“You idiot, who gave you the right to decide if you deserve my feelings or not? These are my feelings, and if I say you deserve them then you ing deserve them!”

 

Seokmin was appalled, and so are Jisoo and Seungkwan. Where did he come from and why is he here

 

Soonyoung glared at Seokmin, but his expression quickly changed from angry to defeated. He spoke softly.

 

“When I met you and Jisoo hyung back even before Seungkwan’s here, I was a complete mess. I loved someone who cannot love me back. Back then I thought that maybe if I loved him enough then maybe he’ll love me too. But Jaeho didn’t. Because one thing I never accounted for was Jaeho’s feelings. Well, his feelings for someone else. I was too occupied with trying to change his heart that I didn’t realize that I am the one changing myself for him. It was hard, but when you said I should stop being stupid and let Jaeho go, that’s when I finally decided to give up. I might have cried many times then, but letting him go was worth it, because I gave him freedom, and at the same time, I let myself be free too.”

 

“That freedom, now that I think about it, is also the reason why I let you into my world. You were so good to me that I let you be my world instead. Maybe I wasn’t looking when I met you, but you turned out to be everything I was looking for. Little by little, I made a house in my heart out of the love you showed me. And now, as long as you’re here, that house will never be destroyed. You became someone I loved without trying too hard. Someone whose smiles remind me of sunshine and rainbows. Someone who I’ll never stop looking for, and looking at. It doesn’t matter if I loved someone else first, because now, I am yours, only yours, and all I ever want is to be with you for the rest of my life, Seokmin.”

 

Seokmin’s tears started to fall again. Soonyoung hugged him. “Have you realized that your life is just a series of poorly-made decisions? One of them being you running away from me.” he hugged him tighter. “Please don’t leave me anymore.”

 

Seokmin hugged him back. “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I thought.. I just thought that I.. I may not be enough for you. You’re too bright. Too beautiful. Too amazing. And I’m no Jaeho. I’m just me. The me that can pick out your voice out of thousands. The me that continues to fall deeply in love with you just from your everyday flirty remarks. The me that can only offer my love for you and nothing else. And I just can’t believe that you can really love me too that’s why I ran away. I didn’t want to wake up tomorrow and know that I am still just that friend you occasionally flirt with.”

 

“You’re an idiot.” Soonyoung said. “I love you. I really do. So now, will you accept me? I won’t stop hugging you until you say yes, by the way. I could do this forever.”

 

Seokmin laughed (happily, this time). “I don’t know. I think I may need a little time to think. Continue hugging me until then.”

 

Soonyoung smiled. “Sure. Uh.. Seokmin?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I love you.”

 

Seokmin blushed. “I love you too. So much. Thank you for making me realize how stupid I was.”

 

“You were always stupid.”

 

“You .”

 

Seungkwan cleared his throat and grabbed Jisoo’s hand. “Okay, just continue what you are doing, hyungs. Jisoo hyung and I will head out now because I still don’t understand everything and I’m going to make hyung explain.So goodbye. Peace~” then they left quickly.

 

Jisoo was the one who shut the door close. When he turned back, he realized that he and Seungkwan aren’t the only ones outside his dorm.

 

“So how did it go?” Jeonghan asked. “It better be good. We did our best to find Soonyoung as fast as possible.”

 

Jisoo smiled at him. “The kids sorted it out. Everything’s fine now, at least.”

 

“Sweet.” Mingyu commented. He turned to Wonwoo. “Hyung, do you want to have a drama like that? We could do it if you want. I’ll accept your feelings. You were made for me, anyway.”

 

Wonwoo didn’t respond. Mingyu glared at him. “Hyung, just stop acting like you didn’t hear me or..” he poked his cheek.

 

“Oh, sorry. I was thinking about myself, did you want something?”

 

Mingyu rolled his eyes. Hansol went to Seungkwan’s side and smiled sweetly at him. Seungkwan smiled back. Jeonghan saw them and let out a loud sigh.

 

“Kids, staph. We still have a problem here.”

 

Jisoo looked at him questioningly. “What problem?”

 

“We still haven’t played Truth or Dare!”

 

 




 

 

This was too cheesy, isn't it. hahaha. This is what happens when I bingewatch sad kdramas. Meanie next! :)
Also, it was Madtown's Jaeho (H.O) that the characters are talking about here. I am his hoe too. hahaha