Bottled feelings

Fight me

“Hyung, are we really doing this? And in here?”

 

Wonwoo is still trying to comprehend what the hell they are supposed to be doing now.

 

After recognizing the fact that Soonyoung and Seokmin would probably want their privacy and won’t let anyone enter the room, their wily “mom friend” Jeonghan somehow convinced all of them (it was mostly Jisoo who agreed wholeheartedly, the others just kinda went along) to finally play Truth or Dare. This time, they settled on the grassy center field of their school’s high school department’s playground, conveniently located near their dorm rooms.

 

“I agree. Why here? I actually want to sit on the swings.” Mingyu announced, suddenly standing up.

 

Wonwoo glared at him and tried to pull Mingyu back down, which resulted to the latter losing his balance and falling onto the ground.

 

“Ouch, hyung! Damn it, I already fell for you hard. You don’t have to make me fall again.” he looked at Wonwoo then pouted.

 

Hansol cringed at the statement while Seungkwan had to stop himself from kicking Mingyu in the face.

 

Jisoo just laughed, thinking of how cute his dongsaengs are and I wish I can use lines like that to Jeonghan, should I ask Mingyu to tutor me or what

 

Wonwoo flashed his trademark ‘serious but still y af face’ to his bestfriend/idiot love of his life but won’t admit it, “Stop it, you’re not getting the point here.” he turned to Jeonghan, “why do you want to play this game, hyung? It’s just for kids.”

 

Jeonghan’s face furrowed, slowly starting to get annoyed because why can’t you just let me be happy, you bad children. “But you are kids. I can’t see why not. Why are the two of you here, anyway. It was more peaceful when it was just the four of us. I miss those moments.”

 

Jisoo realized this too. “Oh, yeah. I forgot to ask, why are you with Seokmin earlier?”

 

“Well, we were on our way to our dorm and Wonwoo hyung was asking me to run away with him when we spotted Seokmin looking miserable and stuff and--”

 

“What the , Mingyu.” Wonwoo suddenly cut him off, “I was asking if you want to go to the convenience store with me, not run away, you .”

 

Mingyu shrugged. “Same thing, hyung. Anyway, we approached him and Seokmin said he’s going to your dorm so we, as good-looking and fine as hell human versions of angels, decided to accompany him because who knows what dangerous things can happen, right. He looked close to crying too and it was overall just sad.” he then dramatically wiped imaginary tears from his eyes.

 

Hansol had to physically restrain his boyfriend from finally kicking Mingyu now, Seungkwan apparently being so done with him and his annoying (and embarassing but you can’t really stop him because that’s how he roll) drama.

 

“That’s so nice of you. You’re great kids.” Jisoo sincerely complimented them, making Wonwoo smile because wow I can’t believe there are still pure souls around here, bless him

 

Mingyu didn’t like that, immediately feeling threatened of Jisoo’s innocent kindness. Oh my god, don’t just smile at everyone, hyung. Smile at me and me only. “You know what, I think we should play the game now before any ships, especially mine, would sink.”

 

“What do you mean by that, hyung?” Hansol asked.

 

“Your heart is too young to deal with ships, Hansol. Just deal with your sassy boyfriend.” Mingyu pointed at Seungkwan.

 

Before Seungkwan could even react, Jeonghan spoke.

 

“Okay, kids. Hush now. At important games like this, time is precious. So should we start then?”

 

Jisoo smiled at him and nodded his head. “Sure.”

 

“But how should we choose the first player *cough*victim*cough*?” Seungkwan wondered aloud. “Spin the bottle? But we don’t have any bottle here.”

 

Jeonghan sighed. “So. Many. Problems. I’ll just find one then.” he stood up and looked around. With his extraordinary night vision (which is possible through extraordinary eye-squinting), Jeonghan recognized Seungcheol and Jihoon walking towards the general direction of the dorm rooms far away. “Oh, it’s the cute couple!” he exclaimed.

 

The others stood up too to see who Jeonghan are referring to. Mingyu saw Seungcheol first. “HYUNG!” he shouted, startling the rest.

 

Seungkwan rolled his eyes. “Did you really think he would hear--”

 

“MY DONGSAENGS!” Seungcheol shouted back. Apparently (and amazingly), even with the distance, he heard Mingyu.

 

With Jeonghan and Mingyu’s hand signals (its actually just frantic hand-waving), they were able to make the couple come to where they are.

 

“Yo, guys! What are you doing here?” Seungcheol cheerfully asked, one arm secured around a smiling Jihoon who shyly greeted them with a simple, “Hi.”

 

“Oh, you know. Just chillin’.” Jeonghan responded equally as cheerful, smiling at the couple. It is a well-known fact to most of them that Jeonghan ships Jihoon and Seungcheol so hard because, as he said so himself, the couple is just so cute and fluffy and just made for each other, really. One time he even threatened to castrate Seungcheol if he destroys their ship. “We’re about to play Truth or Dare actually. Wanna join us?”

 

Seungcheol looked at Jihoon. “Do you want to? I mean, aren’t you tired from your work? I could stay with you at your dorm tonight if you want. Gotta take care of my future husband and all.”

 

Jihoon blushed and softly hit his boyfriend’s chest. “No, it’s fine. I want to play with you guys.”

 

Mingyu turned to Wonwoo, “See, hyung? That’s how you should treat me too. I’m your husband-to-be, afterall.”

 

Wonwoo glared at him. “Shut up.”

 

“Yup. Okay. Roger that.”

 

“Kids, kids. Settle down, now.” Jeonghan ordered. He gestured for Jihoon to seat next to him on his left.

 

The shy boy tugged at his boyfriend’s shirt. Seungcheol smiled sweetly at him, “Alright, my princess.” then they went to sit next to him.

 

”Let’s play!” Jeonghan announced.

 

“Hyung, we still don’t have a bottle.” Seungkwan deadpanned.

 

Jeonghan mentally pulled out imaginary hair from his head (only mentally, because why would he want to pull out such nice hair). That freaking bottle will be the death of me, oh my god, why do we have to use a bottle anyway, we could just choose the first player *cough*victim*cough* ourselves. In that moment of midlife crisis, 레드벨벳’s “Oh boy” filled the night air, surprising them all. “Oh, that would be mine.”

 

“Ooh~ who’s calling?” Mingyu asked.

 

“It’s just a text message, not a call.”

 

“You assigned a song as your message tone? Isn’t the standard ‘ding” tone enough?” Hansol commented, quite amused.

 

“I like to live my life dangerously by not knowing if I’m currently receiving a call or just a text message.” Jeonghan calmly stated, as if what he had said totally made any sense.

 

“That’s admirable. I’d like to live my life dangerously, too, sometimes.” Jisoo said. He received a facepalm from Seungkwan and are you seriously praising him looks from the others. “What?”

 

“Hyung, just check the message before this topic progresses further.” Wonwoo sighed.

 

“Oh, it’s from my smol child Chan. Uh. He said that help is on the way for us. What the hell?”

 

“Help? For what?” Jisoo asked.

 

Two people suddenly appeared, flying out of nowhere. They did some backflips first before settling into a clearly practiced pose, one sitting on the left side and looking down, while the other is standing on the right and looking up somewhere. There is a suspicious space in between them, indicating one missing person to pose whatever.

 

“The cute and powerful kings have arrived!” someone announced, running full speed and stopping perfectly in the center of the two posed weird people. He posed two thumbs up and smiled at them widely.

 

“Chan?!” Jeonghan exclaimed.

 

“Yes, hyung. It is I, your campus cutie.”

 

“Oh look, it’s Minghao and Junhui hyung too.” Mingyu pointed at the two boys who are still posing.

 

Seungcheol promptly raised one hand. “Uh. Can I ask something?”

 

Chan looked at him. “Yes, hyung?”

 

“What’s with the backflips and posing and stuff?”

 

“We wanted a grand entrance. We’ve been following you since you left Jisoo hyung’s dorm and nobody even noticed us. I don’t even know how you managed to see them,” he pointed at Seungcheol and Jihoon, “from far away and not us, who are literally just near you, hyungs.”

 

“Where were you?” Hansol asked.

 

“Sitting on the swings.”

 

Mingyu sighed loudly. “I knew it! That’s why I wanted sit on the swings too. I felt their presence! Take that, you unknowing peasants!”

 

“K, whatever, hyung.” Seungkwan responded. He looked at Chan too. “So why are you here and what help are you saying in the text?”

 

Minghao, as he is done posing, answered. “Do not fret. We bring peace.” then he showed them a bottle he was inconspicuously hiding all along.

 

Jeonghan almost cried when he saw it. Finally, finally, my time has come! This is it. Jisoo, get ready

 

The three settled on the grass field too, opting to sit next to Jisoo.

 

“We have one condition, though, my hyungs.” Chan informed them.

 

“What is it?” Wonwoo asked.

 

Junhui cleared his throat. “I will have to be the only one to spin the bottle.”

 

“Uh, fine? No big deal. Go on.” Jeonghan immediately agreed.

 

What they don’t know, though, is that Junhui have mastered the art of spinning bottles (it took days to accomplish this, but Minghao said he won’t let Junhui hug him or even hold his hand if he won’t master it) and he can accurately manipulate the bottle into stopping wherever Junhui wants it too. Their hyungs may have a plan, but the three already knows whose ship will really sail tonight.

 

“HELLO, ES. WE’RE BACK.” Soonyoung’s loud voice resonated through, yet again startling the others. He’s with Seokmin, who’s smiling so brightly it looks like it could grow flowers.

 

“JUST WHERE ARE THESE CUTE AND UNSTOPPABLE PEOPLE COMING FROM” Jeonghan uttered, clearly frustrated. Okay, now he wants to seriously pull out his hair. Just when are we gonna be able to play this game, oh my god, I think I’m gonna cry

 

Jisoo smiled and gestured for them to sit too. “I’m glad you’re here. I assume everything’s fine now, yes?”

 

“Yes, hyung.” Soonyoung said, smiling brightly too. They sat next to Wonwoo, successfully completing the circle they unknowingly created with their seating pattern.

 

“Can we play already, dear children.” Jeonghan sighed out helplessly.

 

Junhui nodded at him. He had a knowing smile on that only Minghao and Chan understands. He briefly looked at Wonwoo and Mingyu (briefly enough not to attract attention) before reaching for the bottle and placing it in the middle of their impromptu circle.

 

Let’s begin then.”

 

 




 

 

I know this is supposed to be meanie-centered but then since this fic is coming to an end, I should gather all the members first right. haha. I couldn't concentrate too, anyway. I feel sad everytime I type in Wonwoo's name. ugh. My lovely, lovely, husband, please be well. Just knowing that you're hurt makes my heart hurt too. Mingyu, take care of him /cries han river/