Chapter 8

I'm a Gangster Girl

   "Saem, please take care of me," someone said, make Ahreum look up.

   "Park Jimin, what are you doing?" she look at the boy who bowing 90 degrees to her.

   "Greeting my teacher," he's still in his potition.

   "Are you sure to be my student?" she ask.

   "Of course~" Jimin look up on Ahreum.

   “Just go and find another person. Or you can just—“

   “Ahn Ahreum,” the coach call her from where he stand. “Take a good care of him.”

   "Haahhhh...." Ahreum let out a heavy sigh. “I got it, coach.” Ahreum nod. "I'm the coach, so just do what I say. Got it?"

   "Yes, ma'am!" Jimin yell happily.

   "Run."

   “Huh?” Jimin ask.

   “You won’t do what your coach said?” Ahreum stand up.

Jimin draw a smile on his face. He do exactly what Ahreum said. He run with following the track and back to the start point.

   “Owh, you have good stamina,” Ahreum look at Jimin who’s not even tired after run around the field.

   “I’m a dancer, Ahn Ahreum...” Jimin said spontaneously. “I wont get tired just from that,” he raise one of his eyebrow, almost like challenging Ahreum to make him tired.

   “Whatever,”

 

-

 

     Ahreum tell Jimin to follow her moves of stretching and Jimin follow greatly. The moves are not really different from the usual moves Jimin do for daily stretching. It’s even more simple than stretching moves for dancing. After the stretching session, Jimin and Ahreum run around the run track.

While running together, Ahreum tell Jimin about how to run and keep breathing slowly when running. She even tell Jimin some simple tips so he wont injured if he have to run fast.

They’re at the fourth lap now and Jimin still breath properly. But Ahreum doesn’t look good.

   “Hey, are you okay?” Jimin look at Ahreum face. She looks like she’s holding pain.

   “I’m okay,” Ahreum keep running. “Let’s stop after the fifth lap.”

   “Okay,” Jimin nod.

They finish the lap and go to the middle of the field where there are boxes of mineral water. Ahreum sit and straighten her feet while Jimin take 2 bottles of water.

   “Here,” Jimin give one of the bottles to Ahreum.

   “Oh,” Ahreum take the bottle from Jimin and open it. “That’s all for today,” Ahreum drink her water. “We’ll take a rest for 25 minutes before we continued.”

   “Continue? You said that’s all for today,” Jimin put his bottle of water.

   “You won’t teach me anything today?” Ahreum close the bottle and put it down. “It’s teaching and learning, you know? I’m not the only one who teach.”

   “Ah, is that so?” Jimin nod naively.

They’re just sit and talk about the other trick to run. Ahreum explain the rules and the other things while Jimin listen to Ahreum seriously.

   “Ahn Ahreum,” a sunbae from the Athlete Club come to Ahreum. “You’re not going to run again?” he ask.

   “We’re just taking a rest for a while,” Ahreum said. “You want to use the track?” Ahreum ask.

   “Not really. I just want to have a match with you,” he say. “Pass me a bottle please.”

   “Ah, how many lap?” Ahreum take a bottle of water from the box behind her and give it to him.

   “Just one,” he take the bottle from Ahreum. “I still have to teach my students,” he point at the girls who are talking to each others about his handsomeness.

   “You get a lot of girls, huh?” Ahreum look at the girls, make them look down so their eyes won’t meet. “Lets do it then,” Ahreum stand up. “Park Jimin, look properly at us so you can learn better about running,” Ahreum said.

 

-

 

     Ahreum and the senior have a great start. They really have a great match until Ahreum feel a little pain in her right foot. She almost fall but she fastly touch the ground with her hand and push her self off the ground so she can get back to her position and run again. Ahreum run faster so she can catch up. Her senior reach the finish first and Ahreum reach the finish right after him.

Ahreum sigh and look at her senior.

   “Hey, what was that?” the senior ask. “Are you okay? You’re not someone who make mistakes easily.”

   “I... I was--“

   “Ahn Ahreum! Are you okay?” Jimin rush to where Ahreum stand.

   “Yeah, i’m okay,” she said.

   “You’re surprising me,” Jimin said.’

The senior look at them both with confused face. Jimin relize and look at him.

   “Hi, my name is Park Jimin,” Jimin give his hand.

   “I know,” he smile and make a handshake with Jimin. “I’m Choi Minho from the athletic club. Nice to meet you.”

   “Nice to meet you too,” Jimin smile. “Is it okay to use informal language? I’m at your age.”

   “Owh, we’re at the same age? It’s even better,” the senior ¾ Choi Minho ¾ said.

After have a short conversation with Jimin, Minho get back to his students, while Jimin and Ahreum back to their seat.

   “Are you okay?” Jimin ask again.

   “What?” Ahreum look at him.

   “You almost fell, Ahn Ahreum.”

   “I’m okay. It was just a mistake,” she said.

   “Unbeliveable,” Jimin mumble. “Stand up. Lets go to the practice room.”

 

-

 

     Jimin open the door and turn the light on. They enter the practice room and Jimin close the door. Jimin press the on button at the remote to turn on the air conditioner. He ask Ahreum to sit a while. He put a CD into the tape on the table at the corner of the room.

Ahreum look around the practice room. It’s a pretty big room and the wall covered with mirror ¾ all side except the side with the door on it. There are windows beside the door and ventilation above each of the windows. At the corner of the room, there are tape and speakers. There’s also a TV beside the speaker. In the middle of the room, there’s an projector hanging from the ceiling. Beside the TV’s table, there’s a portable Air Conditioner.

   “Ahn Ahreum, come here,” Jimin call Ahreum out.

Ahreum stand up and walk toward Jimin.

   “Stand here and look at me,” Jimin play a song with the tape.

He walk to the middle of the room and stay there for a second. After a few second listening to the music, he moves his body following the rythm. He moves so freely and passionately. Ahreum raise her eyebrows when Jimin spin.

Jimin stop right after the music stop. He bow to Ahreum like he just done performing in front of a fan.

   “How was it?” Jimin ask.

   “Why? You want to hear compliments?” Ahreum turn off the tape.

   “I don’t know,” Jimin raise his shoulders. “I know you want to say something about my dance.”

   “It was great, honestly.”

   “That’s all? Nothing else?” Jimin sill stand at the same spot.

   “What?”

   “Ah forget it. Lets stretch our whole body first,” Jimin sigh.

Jimin tell Ahreum to stand beside him, but not too close. They begin the stretching. Jimin tell Ahreum to do exactly like him. Ahreum can follow the moves easily, but it becomes hard when the split move come out. Ahreum usually just stretch so she wont get injured during the athletic activity, but she never did any stretch for dancing. So now she get a little problem. She have to sit and straighten her feet seperately, and Jimin tell Ahreum to separate them as far as she can.

   “Come on. You can do it,” Jimin push Ahreum body to the ground slowly.

   “Wait wait wait, it hurts.”

   “Push your limit, Ahn Ahreum,” Jimin keep push her gently.

   “Akh, it’s my first time.”

   “I know. A little bit more,” Jimin push her and stop. “Now hold it for eight second.”

After the stretch, Jimin tell Ahreum to wait for a minute. After a few minutes moving his body here and there, Jimin tell Ahreum to stand beside him.

   “Stand like this,” Jimin show Ahreum how to stand. “Put your hands on your chest like this,” Jimin guide Ahreum by put his hands on his own chest.

Ahreum look at Jimin’s hands position and do what Jimin told properly.

   “After that, raise your head like this,” Jimin give an example again. “Then remove your hands from your chest like this,” Jimin give another example with simply moving his hands to both sides of his body.

Ahreum do exactly like Jimin did. She look at the moves first then try it by herself.

   “Then do this with your right hand, then with your left hand,” Jimin do things with his hands. He make a ‘throwing move’ with his hands. It’s just like throwing a baseball slowly into the air. He move his right hand from bottom to top without moving his arm. Then he do the same move with the left hand.

Ahreum nod and try it herself. Jimin look at Ahreum proportion and nod.

   “After that, just do that with both of your hands at the same time. Then you’ll slide here like this,” Jimin turn to the mirror so he’s backing at Ahreum. Jimin slide his body to the left and bow whlie put his left hand on his chest. “Try it.”

Ahreum memorize the moves and try it right away. She doesn’t make any mistake so Jimin feel satisfied.

   “The last is like this,” Jimin raise his body and do 2 times chest pump. “That’s the last move for the first ‘one times eight’ move.”

Ahreum do the things and it make Jimin smile.

   “So it will be like this. One and two, three and four. Five, six. Seven and eight.” Jimin count while do the moves.

   “Ah~ So it turns out like that,” Ahreum nod, make Jimin chuckle. “Why? I said something funny?”

   “No, no. You’ve never looked amazed before, kekeke.”

   “Did i?” Ahreum think.

   “Try the whole moves once, then we’ll try it together with the music.”

Ahreum try it and it’s totally great for someone who never dance properly before. Jimin turn the music on and stand beside Ahreum.

   “Start after i say eight,” Jimin look at Ahreum. Ahreum nod and look straight to the mirror. “Five, six, seven, eight.”

Ahreum move right after Jimin said eight. Ahreum is really good in following the intruction Jimin give.

   “Owh~ That was great,” Jimin said. “This time, try it by yourself.”

   “Why?” Ahreum look at Jimin.

   “Because we’ll move in different way,” Jimin give Ahreum the answer. “Just try it by yourself first.”

Jimin turn on the music again. He count like before and guide Ahreum with his counting.

   “Great~ Just like that,” Jimin stop the music. “Now let’s do it with music. Do the moves with my count, okay?”

   “Okay.”

   “Stay at your place and don’t care about my move coz it’s going to be different.” Jimin walk and stand right behind Ahreum.

   “I got it,” Ahreum do the position.

Jimin count one to eight slowly while he do his moves. Ahreum participate greatly by keep moving with her own move and not affected with Jimin’s move.

After the first try, they practice on it a few times. Jimin feel statisfied with ahreum and decide to give Ahreum the second ‘one times eight’.

Just like before, Jimin give the example while explain it and Ahreum can follow right away. After the second, Jimin continue with the third.

The third ‘one times eight’ move, there is spinning move. Ahreum have to support her whole body with her right foot.

   “I don’t think that i can do the spin,” Ahreum bite her lower lip.

   “That’s okay. I’ll teach you slowly,” Jimin look at Ahreum.

Jimin give the example by spinning in front of Ahreum.

   “I’ts as simple as this,” he spin.

   “I don’t really think that it’s simple.”

   “Here,” Jimin stand beside Ahreum. “You just have to put your left foot behind the right one, then spin slowly.”

Ahreum frown her forehead.

   “Just try it slowly first.”

Ahreum do what Jimin told her to do.

   “That’s it, you did it.” Jimin clap his hands once.

Jimin tell Ahreum to do it over and over, slowly. After feels right about ahreum’s spin, Jimin tell her to spin strongly.

   “Do exactly like before, but at some power when you spin.”

Ahreum put her left foot behind her right food. She take a breath and move her left foot to push her body so she can spin. But she suddenly loose her ballance and trip over her own foot.

Jimin who isn’t really far from her, see it and fastly rush toward Ahreum. He catch Ahreum hand and pull her. But Jimin trip over his shoelace and caused them fall. Jimin fastly pull Ahreum and put his other hand behind Ahreum’s head.

They fall and hit the floor harshly. It’s even caused a loud crash sound. They’re lips almost touch each others, but Jimin pull himself so he can see Ahreum’s face.

   “Are you okay?” Jimin try to breath properly.

Ahreum open her eyes. It’s so close — too close. Ahreum startled and reflexly try to sit up.

Her head bump into Jimin’s face harsly, caused Jimin to move back.

   “AKH!” Jimin hold his nose. His crashed onto the floor.

   “Park Jimin! I’m sorry, are you okay?!” Ahreum already sit up.

   “Aaaakh....” Jimin don’t know which one’s more hurt, his nose or his .

   “Hey, are you okay?” Ahreum look at Jimin.

   “Oh, i’m okay,” Jimin look above. “Anyway, are you okay?” Jimin look at Ahreum.

   “I’m okay,” Ahreum nod.

She try to stand up, but end up fall again.

   “Hey, are you okay?” Jimin approach her. “What’s wrong? You can’t standing properly since then.”

   ‘Aish, those jerks used knife back there,’ Ahreum think.

   “Ahn Ahreum, stay still,” Jimin hold Ahreum’s right shoe.

   “Hey what are you do--“

   “Just stay still!” Jimin’s voice raise up.

Ahreum stay still and keep silent.

Jimin pull off the shoe from Ahreum’s foot. He reveal Ahreum’s right foot. They can see blood come out from her foot.

   “Is this what you meant with ‘Im okay’?” Jimin still look at Ahreum’s foot.

   “I don--“

   “It’s enough for now. Let’s go to the medical room,” Jimin turn back and squat. “Hop to my back.”

   “I can walk, Park Jimin.”

   “Just do what i say, Ahn Ahreum,” Jimin lowering his voice.

Ahreum move and hop onto Jimin’s back.

The medical room is pretty far from the practice room becuse the practice room is outside the school building while the medical room is inside the school building.

Jimin open the medical room’s door but it won’t open. It looks like all the rooms at the first floor were already locked, so they have to go to the second floor.
Jimin climb the stairs with Ahreum clinging onto him.

   “Are you okay?” Ahreum spontaneously ask when Jimin let out a sigh.

   “You’re not the one who should ask,” he keep step on each stair.

Jimin open the door and the door opened easily. Jimin straightly put Ahreum down onto the bed. He walk back to the door to find the light switch. The light turn on when he press the switch. Jimin close the door so the room keep cool.

He open the medical wardrobe and take some kit. A bottle of anticeptict, a bottle of providon-iodine, a pack of cotton, a rool of bandages and a small scissors.

He approach Ahreum and kneel down infront ofher.

   “Hold the pain for a while,” Jimin pour the anticeptics onto a sheet of cotton. “I’ll clean up the scar first.” Jimin clean the scar slowly and gently so Ahreum won’t feel a lot of pain.

Ahreum’s foot is already clean from blood. Jimin can see a pretty deep scar caused by sharp tool. Jimin keep his mouth shut and take the providon-iodine bottle. He pour it onto a new sheet of cotton, then gently touch Ahreum’s scar with the cotton.

It feels hurt but Ahreum’s not even groan or make another sounds. It feels usual for Ahreum.

-

   “Okay, it’s done,” Jimin collect the dirty cottons from the floor. “You should be more careful, Ahn Ahreum.”

Jimin throw the dirty cottons into a trash bin near the bed. He collect all the kit he used and put it back into the wardrobe.

CLICK! Jimin close the wardrobe back.

   “What’s wrong?” Jimin ask.

   “What?” Ahreum look at Jimin.

   “You won’t say something?”

   “Thanks?” Ahreum ask.

   “Really?” Jimin put on his flat face. “How did you get that wound?” he sit beside Ahreum.

   “Do you have to know?”

   “Do you won’t tell your friend about things you had?” Jimin said.

   “I think we should go now,” Ahreum look at a the clock that hang on the wall. It’s already 7 p.m. “We can be locked here if we late.”

   “I got it.” Jimin stand. He walk to the door and open it.

.

.

.

But it won’t open.

 

 

To be continued..........