Chapter 10

I'm a Gangster Girl

He swing his knife, almost hit Namjoon. But Namjoon move aside so the knife didn't touch his skin.

The guy swing it again and it hit something. Namjoon look at Ahreum.

Blood drips from Ahreum's right hand. She look at the previous guy.

   "Let's stop it." she sigh.

The previous guy let go of the knife which is pierce through Ahreum's right hand. He take a step back while looking at Ahreum's hand.

The blade of the knife measuring about 2.9 inch and it's quite heavy so it's not hard to cut through some flesh.

Ahreum remove her right hand from the front of her face to the front of her stomach. She pull the knife handle with her left hand.

Blood flowing from her right hand and drips onto the ground. She flip over her right hand few times.

   "How do i suppose to write tomorrow?" Ahreum move her fingers.

   "Are you okay?" Namjoon ask but Ahreum only sigh.

The previous guy step back when Ahreum look at him. He step back again when Ahreum take a step closer to him.

He finally stop after his right foot hit something, make him fall onto the ground.

   "Now what should i do with this?" Ahreum her right hand to him.

   "I... I didn't..."

   "Stand up." Ahreum tell him.

He do exactly like she said. He stand up right in front of Ahreum. He's taller than Ahreum so even though he look down, Ahreum still can see his face. The light from the street lamp help her to see his face more clearly.

   "Na Sang Gyun," Ahreum read the nametag which is taped on his school uniform.

   "Y-yes..." he answer as Ahreum say his name.

   "How old are you?" Ahreum look at him.

   "...teen years... old..."

   "Huh?"

   "S.... teen..."

   "Talk properly, Sanggyun-ah." Ahreum look directly into his eyes.

   "Sixteen years old." he half yell.

   "Ah... is that so?" Ahreum raise her eyebrows.

   "Y-yes."

   "I got it." Ahreum nod her head. "See you next time, Na Sanggyun." Ahreum turn around and walk to Namjoon. "Let's go home."

They leave the previous guy named Sanggyun at the park.

 

-

 

     Namjoon wrap Ahreum's hand with a roll of bandages and stick the bandages with a plester. He close the first aid kit box and clean up the table then put back the box into Ahreum's room.

Ahreum look at the previous pocket knife she hold with her left hand.

   "Why did you do that?" Namjoon sit next to her.

   "Did what?" she still look at the knife.

   "You block the knife with your bare hand." Namjoon use his lazy tone. "Do you think you have a super power or what?"

   "At least i heal faster than other people."

   "But still..." he look at his between-brave-or-stupid bestfriend.

Namjoon let out a heavy sigh.

   "What will you do with that knife?" he look at the pocket knife which is already clean from Ahreum's blood.

   "I don't know. Maybe give it back to that boy."

 

-

 

     Jimin put his bag onto his desk and approach Ahreum who was sleeping with her headphones on her. He sit in front of Ahreum's seat, support his chin with his hand and look at her.

Jimin wake Ahreum up as the bell rings. He hit Ahreum's arm softly few times, just in case she'll be awake easily. But Ahreum doesn't even move. He shake Ahreum's arm but Ahreum still doesn't move. After thinking for a while, he know what to do. He take Ahreum's headphones off and right after that she's awake.

   "What..."

   "We need to go now." Jimin bow to see Ahreum's face.

   "Where?" Ahreum look around the class.

   "Field..."

   "Ah. Yes. Right." Ahreum nod.

Ahreum take out her sports uniform from her bag and walk straight to the door where Jimin wait for her. He walk behind Ahreum.

   "What's with ther hand?" he look at Ahreum's bandaged hand.

 

     After the teacher done with his speech, the line dismiss and the students go to find their friends to form a group. Jimin is about to approach Ahreum when suddenly his classmates approach him.

   "Park Jimin, let's join my group.", "No, no, no. My group.", "Just come to my group, Jimin-ah." and the other invitation comes out from his classmates.

Jimin smiles confusely, don't know what to do. But then he see Ahreum who look back at him with a 'What do you want?' look on her.

   "I will join..." Jimin say. "But can she join too?" he look at Ahreum, make them look at her too.

They look at each other.

   "Uhm...", "Ah...", "Hhmmm...." comes from the previous friends.

   "Why not?" someone approach Jimin and the other classmates.

   "Okay~" Jimin smile.

Jimin approach Ahreum who's lean back at the goal posts. She look at Jimin coldly just after he arrive. He tell Ahreum to join the other classmates but Ahreum reject him.

   "Why?" Jimin ask.

   "I said i don't want to, Park Jimin."

   "Why exactly?" he ask again.

   "I'm scared that they wont accept me." Ahreum say, boldly.

Jimin tilt his head lightly. He wink a few times, try to digest Ahreum's words.

   "Wait what?" Jimin look at her, ask again in case if he heard things wrongly.

   "They. Scared. Of me."

   "I don't." someone approach them.

Ahreum directly look at the previous boy, sharply.

   "You need to stop looking at people like that. It make them scare." he say.

   "Someone said that too." Ahreum sigh.

   "Come on, we need to join the group." Jimin try to persuade her.

   "Why?" Ahreum glares at Jimin.

   "Because the teacher said so." Jimin raise his voice.

The previous guy smiles at their actions. Ahreum and Jimin keep debating for a minute.

   "Changgyun-ah," someone call the previos boy. Not only the previous guy, but Jimin and Ahreum look at the voice sourch.

   "Come on. We have to make a group and start to stretch before Mr.Kim scold us." the previos boy called Changgyun say.

Jimin follow Changgyun to their stretch spot with Ahreum walk behind him.

   "Go Minsoo, let's start the stretching." Changgyun say.

The guy called Minsoo who was sitting on the ground  look up. He stand up and tap on his for a few times to clean up his pants.

   "Oh~ Park Jimin~" Minsoo high-five Jimin.

   "Yo~" Jimin reply his high five.

They let go of their hand after done with their high five. But Minsoo suddenly bow when he see Ahreum.

   "Annyeonghaseyo. Go Minsoo imnida." he introduce himself spontaneously.

Jimin and Changgyun laugh at Minsoo's silly action while Ahreum look at the bowing boy in front of him.

   "I'm Ahn Ahreum." Ahreum say, flatly.

The teacher's come back and the whole class can do the stretching since they already have their groups.

Ahreum's group consist of 1 girl and 3 boys. The first is Im Changgyun. People usually call him I.M because of his family name, even few of teachers call him so. He is the smartest male students in the second year. Changgyun and Ahreum keep compete in scores and since they were still in the first year, their total score of terms always different just by 2 or 3 points. The second is Go Minsoo. He's the clown of class 2-3. He is so funny and know how to make people around him comfortable. He can easily make people laugh with his joke or just by his silly actions. The third is Jimin. We all know Jimin. And the last is Ahreum.

They start the stretching as the teacher blow his whistle.

 

-

 

     Jungkook look outside the window next to him. The subject is Math so Jungkook doesn't really interested in it. He look at the seniors who was playing at the field while drawing absurd motive on his math notebook. He even made a sketch of a girl on the previous page. He keep drawing different motive continously on his book.

   "Student Jeon." the teacher call.

   "Yes?" he spontaneously look at the teacher. He feels a little bit anxious, if just the teacher scold him fore not  paying intention to the lesson.

   "You can go out." the teacher say.

   "Yes?" he raise his eyebrows.

His worries gone after he see his club's previous ace who's standing at the door.

   "Jungkook-ah," Wonho give him a code. Something like, 'Let's go out' sign.

Jungkook close his notebook and stand up.

   "You can bring your bag too, student Jeon." the teacher say.

Jungkook do as the teacher say. He put his books into his bag and zip the bag. He bow to the teacher before leave the class.

 

   "Where are we going?" Jungkook ask Wonho.

   "Gym." Wonho say.

   "At this hour?" Jungkook ask, again.

   "Yeah." Wonho turn left to the stairs. "The national tournament is close. The club's aces usually training very hard in this time."

   "Not just us?" Jungkook step fastly but carefully.

   "Yeah." Wonho nod. "Taekwondo, Athlethics. Swim, Science, Math. All of the aces."

   "Wah..." Jungkook nod his head.

 

-

 

     Im Changgyun approach Ahreum who sits at the side of the field.

   "What happen to your hand?" Changgyun sit next to her, with little distance between them.

   "Just..." Ahreum look at her right hand. "A knife got through it."

Changgyun cringed as Ahreum said that.

   "It must been hurt..." Changgyun mumble.

   "Did you fight?" Jimin sit next to her.

   "No." Ahreum glare at Jimin, again.

   "Okay, okay." Jimin raise his hand, as if someone is about to shoot him. "I'm just asking."

Changgyun giggle at their action, which is cute to him.

   "Look out!" someone from the field shout to Ahreum, Jimin and changgyun. He try to warn them from the ball that's coming fastly to their direction.

Ahreum catch the ball reflectly with her right hand. The bandages become red as her blood running out from her hand.

   "S**t." Ahreum mumble.

Changgyun look at Ahreum's right hand while Jimin look at Ahreum's cringed face.

The previous boy who kicked the ball approach them and apologize to Ahreum. He surprised when he see Ahreum's bandaged hand. She throw the ball to the field then stand up. JImin follow Ahreum directly and stand up, so do Changgyun. Changgyun who think fast, go directly to the medical room to take a first aid kit box while Jimin take Ahreum to the field sink.

 

     Ahreum open her bandage and put her right hand under the flowing water. Her chin harden as she hold the pain. Jimin can only look at Ahreum's right hand. Not long after that, Changgyun back with the first aid kit box. He then open it and tell Ahreum to sit next to him. Jimin sit next to Ahreum.

   "You shouldn't catch the ball, you know." Changgyun clean up Ahreum's hand with anticeptics.

   "And let the ball hit your face?" Ahreum ask.

   "I don't know." Changgyun close the anticeptics bottle. "At least only my nose will bleed."

Ahreum smile but sigh at the same time.

   "Seriously?" she sarcasmly ask.

 

-

 

     Jungkook and Wonho go directly into the gym after changed into their dobok. Chang Seon already waiting for them. Jungkook and Wonho join Chang Seon and sit in the middle of the gym.

   "What are we waiting for?" Jungkook ask.

   "The ace." Wonho say, make Jungkook a little bit confuse. "Senior."

   "Ah, another senior?" Jungkook ask. Wonho nod.

They've waited for like 15 minutes but the ace isn't coming yet.

   "I don't think that person will come early today." Wonho mumble.

   "Why?" Jungkook and Changseon ask, almost at the same time.

   "I think her class is physics now." Wonho say.

They both look at Wonho with a 'So why?' look on them.

   "It's the killer teacher who teach the subject."

They both nod.

   "Where~ Is~ That~ Friend~?" Wonho mumble.

   "Chanseon hyung~" a voice come from the enterance.

The three of them look at the enterance just to see a 5' 6" feet tall person with a dobok on her. They can see a black belt with 2 yellow strips on it.

   "Liu~!" Changseon stand up and walk directly to that person. He hug that person as if he just meet an old friend.

Wonho high-five the previous person without even bother to stand while Jungkook bow lightly to that person.

   "Yo, you're the new ace, right?" that person ask.

   "Ne annyeonghaseyo..." Jungkook awkwardly greet that person.

   "You can call me Amber." the previous person high-five Jungkook.

 

     They stand face to face. Wonho and Changseon while Amber and Jungkook. They about to start the practice.

   "Please go easy on me, sunbae." Jungkook bow.

   "You have more strips then mine," Amber say, point at yellow strips on Jungkook's black belt. "And i think you can just call me by name." Amber smile.

   "Ah, Amber hyung..."

   "It's noona. Noona." Wonho look at Jungkook.

   "Noona?!" Jungkook ask.

   "She's a girl." Changseon giggle. "that's why you should grow your hair, Amber." he pat Amber's short brown hair.

 

-

 

     Lee Myungbin enter class 2-3 and go directly to the teacher's seat in front of the class. she put down his belonging onto the desk and pull out a bunch of papers from a folder.

   "We have a quiz today," she say.

   "AAAH~!" the students moan.

   "Suddenly?" someone mumble loudly.

   "Mr.Oh is absent today and he told me to hold the quiz." Myungbin say as she distribute the question papers to each of the tables.

She stop at Ahreum's seat and put the paper on Ahreum's desk. Almost all of the students in class 2-3 look at Ahreum's direct.

   "What happen to your hand?" Lee Myungbin ask. 

Jimin and Changgyun look at Ahreum curiously.

   "I hurt my self, Miss." Ahreum say.

   "Can you write with that kind of condition?" Myungbin look at Ahreum's bandaged hand.

The previous boy who accidently kicked a soccer ball to Ahreum, look at Ahreum, feel guilty for adding more pain to Ahreum.

   "Yes." Ahreum simply answer her.

Miss Myungbin go to distribute the question sheets to the other students after make sure of Ahreum's hand condition.

   "You can open your notebook or textbook to fill the questions." Miss Myungbin sit on her seat.

   "Yeay~" the students cheer up.

Although the chemistry is hard, at least they get some help from the formula from the textbook.

Ahreum look at the paper on her desk. She take a pen from her pencil case.

   "Are you sure you can write with your hand?" Jimin ask Ahreum.

Changgyun who sits in the front look back to see Ahreum's condition.

   "Of course." she say. Ahreum nod to Changgyun, give him a sign that she's okay.

 

     Jimin look at Ahreum, just to see her condition. he thought she'll difficultly fill the questions with her hurt hand, but Ahreum is writing with her left hand. Jimin pause a while then smile.

After 20 minutes, Ahreum walk to Ms.Myungbin's seat to collect her papers.

   "You're done already?" Myungbin ask.

   "Yes." ahreum nod.

She go back to her seat and look at Jimin who's calling her.

   "All done?" Jimin ask.

Ahreum nod lightly then look out the window just to see a big tree near the school building.

Not long after Ahreum, Changgyun collet his papers and sit silently on his seat. After that Jimin collect his papers.

 

-

 

     Jungkook, Wonho, Changseon and Amber lie down on the gym's mat. They close their eyes for a while, try to adjust their breath.

Jungkook, Wonho, Changseon and Amber go to the changing room. Wonho directly take off his dobok while Jungkook open his locker, Changseon open his bag, and Amber take her clean clothes from her locker.

Amber doen't need to go to the girl's changing room because the shower room is closed. She can just take a shower at boy's shower room and close the door. And she don't have to concern about the boys because Wonho and Changgyun are already like a siblings to her.

Wonho enter the shower room and close the door, without locking it. Changgyun do the same while Amber and Jungkook lock their door after entering.

 

     Jungkook put on his nacklace and put his dirty dobok into his back. Amber zip her hoodie and close her locker. Meanwhile Wonho and Changgyun just get out of the showering room, shirtless.

   "Can you guys wear your shirt inside?" Amber look at them. "Don't go out shirlessly like that."

Jungkook can only giggle while looking at his seniors and teacher. It feels like diving into a small family to him.

They walk down the stairs and go to the parking area.

   "You want to join?" Amber ask Jungkook if he want to join the dinner or not.

   "No, noona. I've got a plan." Jungkook say.

   "Girlfriend?" changseon ask.

   "No," Jungkook smile. "I don't have one."

They split up with Jungkook go to the motorcycle parking area while Changseon, Amber and Wonho go to get Changseon's car.

Jungkook turn his motorcycle on and directly get out from the school

 

     After turn right at the last traffic light, Jungkook move aside and enter a building with his motorcycle. He enter the basement and park his motorcle there. He walk to an elevator and enter it as it' doors open then press the 16th floor button.

When the elevator doors open, he get out of there just to meet another door. He press the bell and show a card in his wallet. He enter a room with a pretty dark lighting. There are some game machines, dance floor, DJ spot, a long bartender desk, and some softdrink machines. It seems like a bar but actually it's a playground for rich kids. The bar doesn't sell alcoholic drinks but softdrinks, smoothies, juice, and else. There are some alcoholic drinks but those are not the strong ones.

Jungkook is a regular costumer here, or you can say if he's one of VIP costumers. He came here 2 years ago and keep coming after that.

After ordering from the bartender, Jungkook approach his bestfriend who was sitting alone while playing with his mobile phone.

   "Oh, you're here?" Yugyeom put his phone onto the table. "How was the training, ace?" he jockingly ask.

   "Tiring." Jungkook sink his back to the sofa.

   "How about the school?" Yugyeom take a french fries from a plate on the table in front of him.

   "I think it's as big as ours." Jungkook take a french fries.

   "Yo Gyeomie~" someone approach them. "Kook~" he high-five Jungkook.

   "Bam~" Jungkook reply his high five.

The guy called Bambam sit next to Yugyeom.

   "How's your new school dude?" Bambam ask. "Is it hard to be an ace?"

   "The school is good. And i think it's good to be an ace." Jungkook let the waiter put a glass of chocolate milkshake and a plate of french fries onto the table. "I can go out of the class to practicing all day."

Bambam order a glass of Thai Tea and a plate of shrimp snack.

   "Seriously?" Bambam ask. "You can skip class?"

   "uh-hm." Jungkook nod.

   "Owh~ Should i be an ace too?" Bambam jokingly ask.

Yugyeom and Jungkook burst out laugh.

 

-

 

     A guy with a bright green colored hair walk down the street. He cover his hair with his black cap. He hang a black bag on his back. He turn right and walk for 10 minutes until finally he stop at a house with a white low gate in front of it.

     Ahreum take off one of her earphones and squint her eyes to see more clearly. There is a guy with all black clothes in front of her house. She walk directly to him.

   "Excuse me." Ahreum stop.

The guy look at Ahreum to see who's talking.

   "What are you doing here?" Ahreum ask with formal words.

The previous guy move closer to Ahreum, bow a little. Their face almost touch each other's.

 

 

 

To be continued..........