Chapter 5

I'm a Gangster Girl

"You already had your breakfast?" he asked.

"No... I didn't..."

"Let's eat then." he showed his eye-smile.

He guide her to the dining room and told her to sit. She followed everything he said since it was his house. Jimin opened the fridge and start to took ingredients.

“What are you doing?” Ahreum asked.

Jimin looked at her with a confused face.

“What?” she felt awkward.

“No. Nothing.” He put the ingredients and washed his hands. “It’s just… You were never asked.” he took a knife and a cutting board. He started cutting an onion.

“Really…?” she mumbled.

“Yeah. He said that you’re so hard to talk to.” Hwi Young appeared from nowhere.

“He what--?”

“Hwi Young-ah.” Jimin looked sharply at his bestfriend, made him shut his mouth right away.

He put a plate with a sandwich on it in front of Ahreum. He put his plate and sat across her.

“Enjoy your breakfast.” He smiled. Ahreum looked at him awkwardly. “Why?” he asked.

“I’ve never eat with other person.” She said flatly.

“You… what?” he looked at Ahreum.

“I always eat my breakfast, lunch, and dinner alone.” She bit her sandwich.

“What about your parents?” Jimin asked.

“Do you have to know?” she became cold.

After breakfast, they went to Jimin’s room to discuss about the song. They don’t know what to choose so they make their own song. Ahreum went with the lyrics and Jimin went with the tone and key. They made it fastly and done in the evening.

“Hey, it’s already 6 o’.” Jimin’s looked at his phone.

“Really?” Ahreum stop wrote her lyrics. “I’m done.”

“Owh… I almost done.” He said. “Just a few and… Done.” He smiled.

They put the lyrics and tone together. It wasn’t that good in Jimin’s ears so he changed the tone a little. They keep working ‘till 8 o’clock.

GGGRRRR!

Ahreum held her stomach. Her face being red when Jimin chuckled.

“Let’s eat.” He put his pen. “We were skip our lunch.”

They went to the dining room and eat their dinner, only two of them. It was awkward but since they were hungry, they didn’t really care and ate their dinner. After dinner, they went back into Jimin’s room and started to work again.

Jimin took Ahreum home at about 10 o’clock after finished their song perfectly.

“You don’t have to take me to my house you know.” Ahreum said.

“Why?”

“I can go by my own.” She still looked down.

“But still.” He said, “I can’t let a girl walk alone in the middle of the night.” He continued.

“You’re a good guy, huh?” she said, made him chuckled.

When they arrived, Ahreum said a simple thank you and went directly into her house.

She took a shower and went directly into her room. She was about to sleep when suddenly her phone rang.

‘See you tomorrow in my house at the same hour. –Jimin’

She typed a simple ‘Got it’ and sent it right away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahreum came right at 6 o’clock and text Jimin that she’s already there. Hwi Young opened the gate and pleased her to come in.

Ahreum walked to Jimin's room and found Jimin who already sat in front of his computer.

"Good morning." Ahreum said, plainly.

"Morning~" Jimin moved his look to Ahreum. "I've tried the song, and it's perfect. Your lyrics are so deep and beautiful." he said.

"Great." Ahreum put down her bag. "Let's practicing then." she took off her hoodie.

"Uh-oh." Jimin stood up. "Let's eat first." he said.

They went to the kitchen and just like yesterday, Jimin cooked the breakfast while Ahreum sat in silent.

This morning, Jimin made a cheese burger. Two of them sat across each other and ate silently. After that, they went directly into Jimin's room.

"I've print tred the key with my guiar and it heard pretty good." Jimin took his guitar and sat beside Ahreum on the bed.

He played the guitar softly and nicely, made Ahreum smiled a little. He played it till the end.

"How was it?" he asked.

"Beautiful." Ahreum smiled softly.

"Great. Now let's sing it..." he said.

He played the guitar again and stared to sing after the intro. Ahreum heard him seriously, didn't know that her lyrics will heard so good when Jimin sang them.

"Hey?" Jimin broke her daydream.

"Huh?" Ahreum startled.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked Ahreum.

"Nothing." she said, "Let's practice."

They start to warming up by sang do re mi. Ahreum didn't sang it well, made Jimin a little confused. Jimin will sing the first course and the first reff while Ahreum will sing the second course and the second reff, then they'll sing the last part together.

Jimin played the guitar and started to sang. Ahreum waited for her part while heard Jimin's sweet voice silently. When it cames to Ahreum's part, Jimin startled. He didin't know that Ahreum's voice would be so beautiful in his ears.

They practiced over and over again until they felt like it was already perfect for school assignment.

They practiced seriously until the lunch time.

"Huuft..." Jimin sighed loudly. "I'm hungry." he continued.

Ahreum looked at him with a 'Me too' stare.

"Okay let's go out." he put down his guitar and stood up.

He took a hoodie from his closet and wore it. Just like Jimin did, Ahreum stood up and wore her hoodie. They went to the library.

"Hwi Young-ah." Jimin touched Hwiyoung's shoulder.

"Yeah?" Hwi Young said without even looked at Jimin.

"I'm going out for lunch." he said, "What do you want for lunch?"

"Hm... Anything yo--"

"Why don't you join us?" Ahreum said, flatly.

"Can i?" Hwi Young looked at her.

"Why not?" she raised her shoulders. "Can he join us?" she asked Jimin.

"He can join us if he want." Jimin said.

"Really~?" Hwi Young smiled, widely.

Hwi Young went to his father to asked for his permission. After Hwi Young's father gave him permission, he changed into his casual style.

They went to a casual style restaurant and ate there. Not just ate, they went to park too.

After satisfied with their 'playing tme', they went back to Jimin's house. Hwi Young got back to his work while Jimin and Ahreum practiced again.

Just like yesterday, Jimin took Ahreum home, but earlier.

-

It's finally the day~ After a week practicing, they finally can sing it in front of people.

They got the last turn. After 11 groups performed, it was finally their turn.

They went in front of their classmates. Since they were in a music room, nobody can hear them from the outside. Jimin sat and put his giutar on his lap.

He played the guitar, start from the intro. He stared to sing, made all girls screamed.

"Baby, please don't think of anything. Baby please don't say anything. Ayo, oh. Just keep smilling at me. Yeah....."

When it cames to the reff, those girls didn't stop but changed into their 'touched mode'.

"Would you please stay here? Can you promise me one thing? If i touch you, will you fly far away? I'm scared, i'm scared, i'm scared~"

They thoughts that the lyrics are so beautiful, especially when it was 'the popular guy' Jimin who sang it. The chaos started to calm down when Jimin's part ended. Jimin played some intro before Ahreum's part.

When Ahreum stared to sang, the class their silent mode. Not because they were sleepy or bored. It was because they were never knew that 'The Harsh Girl' Ahn Ah Reum can sing that well. No no. It wasn't just well. It was perfectly beautiful in their ears.

When it cames to the last part, Jimin stared to sing again and Ahreum add some adlips and resonance.

"You~ You.. You..." Jimin sang.

"Can you please stay here? Uuuuh~ Can you promise me one thing? Yeeeah~

If i touch you will you fly far away? I'm scared, i'm scared, so scared.

Can you please stop time? Uh-oh. How about rewi~nd?

Would you forget everything that we had? I'm scared, I'm scared, so scared.

Butterfly~ Like a butterfly~ Like a butterfly bu butterfly ooooh~ Oooh~

Butterfly, like a butterfly~ Like a butterfly, you're beautiful in the sky~ Ooooh~"

It was silent before the class stood up and claps their hand, also cheered in happiness.

Because the music lesson was right before the break time, the chaos didn't stop immediately. They even asked for more.

"MORE! MORE! MORE!" they yelled.

Jimin looked at the teacher with a 'Is it okay?' stare. The teacher nodded. Then he looked at Ahreum.

Ahreum nodded and showed a thin smile to him, tell him that it's okay to sing another song.

"JIMIN-AH, SING AGAIN!" "AHN AH REUM, SING! SING!" "COME ON, WE WANT MORE~!"

Jimin played his guitar again, made the class a little chill out. The key made Ahreum stared at Jimin.

"Sing." he said, softly.

"I like being independent, not so much of an investment no one to tell me what to do. I like being by myself, don't gotta entertain anybody else, no one to answer to...

But sometimes, I just want somebody to hold, someone to give me the jacket when it's cold
Got that young love even when we're old
Yeah sometimes, I want someone to grab my hand, Pick me up, pull me close, be my man
I will love you till the end

So if you're out there I swear to be good to you. But I'm done lookin', for my future someone.
Cause when the time is right You'll be here, but for now...
Dear no one, this is your love song
Ooo-OhOh..."

"UWOOOOOOOH!!!!!" the class yelled again.

-

Ahreum sighed loudly. She sang 4 songs with Jimin. Yes, 4. Butterfly (that she made with Jimin), Dear No One, Paper Heats, and If You. Since their break time is 25 minutes, they still have 10 minutes to sit and drink.

"Here." Jimin gave a bottle of water to Ahreum.

"Thanks." she said while took the bottle from Jimin.

"It was like a concert, you know?" Jimin said.

"Yeah." she drank her water, "They loves your voice." she continued.

"OUR voices." he smiled, made Ahreum blushed a little.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already 2 week after that 'concert', they became closer each other. Jimin oftenly brought his guitar to school and sang with Ahreum. Hoseok will join them too sometimes.

That was 4 o'clock in the moring. Ahreum was sat silently at her seat that morning. Like usually, she used her headphones. But unlike usually, her phone rang.

'Come to the park. RIGHT NOW! -Kim Seok Jin'

'Jin?' she thought. She took off her headphones and hung it on her neck then put her phone inside her skirt pocket. She jumped out of the window.

-

She called Jin's phone when she arrived at the park. Jin didn't picked up his phone. She tried to call again but he still didn't picked up.

"What the?" she mumbled. "Why is he--"

There was some fogs around her, made her confused. That was so unatural. She suddenly felt so sleepy. Her eyes slowly closed. She fell onto the ground.

"Take her." a guy stood beside Ahreum's body.

"Yes, boss."

 

To be continued..........