Chapter 9

I'm a Gangster Girl

But it won’t open. He try again to open the door, but it still won’t open.

   “Damn it,” Jimin mumble.

   “We’re locked. Right?” Ahreum look lazily to Jimin.

Jimin ignore Aheum and keep trying to open the door. He knock the door and yell, if just soemone can hear it and unlock the door.

   “It won’t work, Park Jimin.”

Jimin stop knocking. He walk toward a bed beside Ahreum’s bed.

   “What should we do?” Jimin sit.

   “We can get out before midnight.”

   “Are you sure?” Jimin turn his head toward Ahreum.

   “The security will walk around the building at 9 o’clock. He’ll check the doors again at that time,” Ahreum lay down.

   “How do you know?” Jimin ask.

   “I just know,” Ahreum close her eyes.

Ahreum oftenly slept at the class. She would be awoken when the security wake her up. So basically Ahreum usually went home at about 9 o’clock. It’s her second year in the school, so she really know about the school.

 

-

 

Jeon Jungkook enter his room and slam the door. He put his bag down and throw his body onto his bed. He close his eyes, let his own mind wandering around.

He take his phone and call his bestfriend.

   “Why?” someone talking through the phone.

   “Lets play,” Jungkook say.

Jungkook walk down the stairs while using his jacket. He stop in the middle of his big house, daydreaming about something.

   “Where are you going, young master?” someone approach her.

   “I’ll take a walk for a while,’ Jungkook answer. “I might be late,” he walk and leave the guy.

Jungkook park his motorcycle and take off his helmet. He open the bar’s door and enter it.

Someone raise up his hand, calling Jungkook from his seat.

   “Can we use the private room?” Jungkook sit. “I’m not in the mood right now.”

His friend raise his eyebrows, a little bit confuse. He don’t want Jungkook to be more in a badmood so he just call the waiter to prepare the private room.

The waiter close the door from the outside. It’s totally different from the outside, the private room feels more comfortable and the silencer give them silent.

   “What happen?” the boy ask.

   “Yugyeom-ah,” Jungkook close his eyes.

   “Hm?” the boy  Kim Yugyeom  look at Jungkook.

   “How is your mom’s doing?”

   “Why do you ask about my mom, all of sudden?” Yugyeom rest his body on the couches.

   “I just wanna know.”

Yugyeom sigh, “You miss your mom, don’t you?”.

Jungkook keep silent.

   “Jungkook-ah, is something happen?” Yugyeom ask.

Jungkook close his face with his hand.

 

-

 

It’s almost 9 o’clock and the guard should be checking the doors soon.

Jimin still looking at the clock while Ahreum is still half-sleeping on the bed.

TAP TAP TAP... Someone walking through the hallway. The light from his flashlight lead his way. And his bundle of keys bump into each others, make a pretty loud voice.

Jimin sit up and get off the bed. He knock the door so anyone out the room will notice him.

   “Exuse me,” he talk loudly. “Can you open the door? We locked here,” he knock the door.

The guy outside hear Jimin’s voice and direct the light to the medical room. He walk to the Medical Room and open up the door.

   “Who are you? What are you doing here?” the guy say when he see Jimin.

   “Ah, i’m sorry. My name is Park Jimin from class 2-3,” Jimin bow a little. “I was treating her wound...”

   “I got it,” the guy cut Jimin’s words. “I need to lock this door and check the other rooms too. You better go home now,” he say.

   “Yes. I got it, sir,” Jimin bow.

 

Jimin turn off the air conditioner and turn off the lamp. He close the door and make sure to lock it.

   “I’ll take you home,” Jimin say while locking the practice room's door.

   “You don’t need to,” Ahreum looking at her right foot. “I can walk—“

   “Hwiyoung is already at the gate,” Jimin show his phone to Ahreum. There is Hwiyoung’s message on the screen.

   “Ah Hwiyoung,” Ahreum read the message.

 

Ahreum get out of the car and bow a little so he can see Jimin inside the car.

   “Thanks.”

   “No problem,” Jimin say. “I can pick you up tomorrow if you—“

   “Nope, you don’t need to.” Ahreum search for the her key. “Anyway thanks for the ride, see you tomorrow. Bye,” Ahreum close the car’s door.

   “Bye Ahreum~” Hwiyoung say.

Ahreum close the gate and walk down the path in front of her house. He twist the key and open up the door.

   “Ahreum-ah!” someone yell from the gate.

Ahreum look back to see the owner of the familiar voice that just call her.

   “Samchon,” Ahreum smile.

Ahreum open the small gate in front of her house and welcome her uncle. Her uncle give her a big hug.

   “How are you?” Ahreum’s uncle ask.

   “I’m always good~” Ahreum smile.

   “Owh~ Of course. Who’s niece are you?” he pat Ahreum’s hair.

   “Your niece of course~” Ahreum hug his uncle. “Samchon,” he look up.

   “Hm?” he look at Ahreum.

   “Cold. Let’s go inside.”

 

Ahreum put the glass on the table. She sit infront of her uncle and sit beside him.

   “What are you doing here, samchon?” she drink her hot chocolate.

   “Ehei~ I can’t visit my only niece?” he look at Ahreum.

   “No, that’s not what i mean,” Ahreum put her glass on the table. “How about your job—“

KNOCK KNOCK! Someone knock the door.

   “Ahreum-ah~ Your oppa is here~”

   “Since when do you have a brother?” Ahreum’s uncle take his glass from the table.

   “It’s Namjoon,” Ahreum stand.

She open the door and let Namjoon get in the house.

   “What is it? You know what time is this?” Ahreum close the door.

   “Why do you ask? You can’t read the clock anymore?” Namjoon take off his jacket. “Oh! Dongwook samchon.”

   “Oh, who is this?” Ahreum’s uncle look at Namjoon. “Long time no see, Namjoon-ah,” he put back his glass onto the table.

   “How are you, samchon?” namjoon ask. “How about your job?” Namjoon walk to the kitchen. He take a plate and put sweet potatoes he bought before.

   “I’m good of course. My job too,” Dongwook say. “I even got promoted.”

   “That’s why you’re here?” Ahreum sit.

   “Owh~ So you’ll move to Seoul?” Namjoon put the plate onto the table.

   “I think i’ll move to Seoul permanently.”

   “Woah really?” Ahreum and Namjoon say it together.

   “Yeah,” Dongwook take sweet potato from the plate.

 

-

 

Jungkook enter the principal’s room. He walk to the principal’s table and bow to the principal.

   “Have you think about it?” the principal ask.

   “I think it will be fun, sir,” Jungkook smile. “I will do it, sir.”

   “Good,” the principal say. “You can start it 3 days from now.”

   “I got it, sir,” Jungkook nod. He bow to the principal and leave the room.

 

Yugyeom put the softdrink can on the table.

   “You’ll do it?” Yugyeom ask.

   “Yeah,” Jungkook take the softdrink and open it. “It’s only for 7 month anyway. I’ll be back when we’re in the 2nd grade.”

   “Ah, who will be my jerk now?” Yugyeom put his softdrink.

   “Who do you call jerk, stupid?” Jungkook look at his bestfriend. “It’s not a long time. I’ll be right back,” he sigh.

 

-

 

Ahreum put on her headphone and close her eyes. Her hair moving as the wind blow, humming as the song played.

Someone sit next to her, take off Ahreum’s headphone.

   “You can go up here with that foot, huh?”

Ahreum open her eyes.

   “How is your foot?” Jimin ask.

   “It’s just a small wound,” Ahreum say. “I can already run.”

   “You’re not a human, right?” Jimin raise his eyebrows.

   “What are you talking about?” Ahreum put on his headphone back.

 

-

 

The homeroom teacher enter the class and all the students turn to be quiet.

   “So as you guys know, there will be a transfer student,” the teacher say. “He's here to be an ace for the Taekwondo Club. You guys have to treat him well. Got it?”

   “YEEES!!!” the class answer.

   “You can go in,” the teacher call the transfer student.

The transfer student enter the class. He wear a black and white shoes, a simple black bag, and his previous school's uniform. He stop beside the homeroom teacher and look at the class. He bow to the class.

   “Hi. My name is Jeon Jungkook. I’ll be a student here for 7 month. Please go easy on me while i’m here.”

He's 5' 10'' feet tall, his hair almost close half of his eyes, his stare is clear, and his posture's so firm. The girls can’t take their eyes off him.

The teacher allow him to sit at the empty seat which spot beside the window.  

   "You can ask anything to Lisa. She's the leader of the class." the teacher tell Jungkook. "Help him as much as possible, okay?" the teacher look at the class then leave.

Jungkook look around to see who the class lader is. Then someone who sit behind him poke him.

   "Can you give me your phone number and your email?" she give Jungkook a piece of paper and a pen, tell him to write his phone number and email.

Jungkook look at her confusedly.

   "I'm Lisa." she smile.

Jungkook understand what to do with the phone number and email after knowing that she's the class leader. He take the paper from her and write his phone number and email then give the paper back to her.

   "I'll show you the shool building later." she take the paper from Jungkook.

 

-

     Ahreum walk down the stairs to the canteen with her headphones on. As usual the canteen filled by the students, start from the first grade until the third grade. She walk straight to her favorite seller and ask for ramyeon.

She sit at the corner of the canteen, alone. But suddenly Jimin comes followed by Hoseok.

   "Eat alone again huh?" Jimin put his plate on the table and sit.

   "How can you never ask us to eat together? Seriously." Hoseok sit beside Jimin.

Ahreum look at them both, make them understand to do don't-ask-her-again move.

Some girls from the first grade walk near Ahreum table while laughing pretty loud. Ahreum look up to them and they directly look down.

   "Can you stop look at people like that?" Jimin ask. "You scared them." he continue.

   "I know right," Hoseok put his drink back to the table. "Even i'm still scared of you sometimes."

 

-

     Jungkook walk with Lisa as his guide. They walk down the stairs to the canteen.

Lisa take the glasses from the woman who sell the drinks. She give one of the glass to Jungkook and tell him to pick an empty seat, so Jngkook pick a seat near the corner of the canteen. Lisa tell Jungkook about the school building. Where the Teacher's Room is, where the Club's Rooms are, where the Medical rooms are and else. She even tell Jungkook about the teachers. Start from the kindest teacher until the scariest teacher in the school.

Lisa still talk about the teachers until a guy approach them. He doesn't looks so strong but he does looks as firm as Jungkook.

   "So you're the new ace?" he sit on Jungkook desk.

Jungkook who was drinking his tea look up at the guy who sit on the desk.

The guy spontaneously chukle. "I'm in the taekwondo club too." he said.

   "Ah. Yes. Hello." Jungkook use formal speech.

   "Lisa annyeong," he look at lisa who's smiling back at him and look back to Jungkook. "In what grade are you?" he ask.

   "I'm at the class 1-1." Jungkook still speak formal.

   "I know, transfer student. That's why she's the one who take you here and there," he point at Lisa. "I mean your belt." he continue.

   "Uhm... I'm 3rd Dan," Jungkook hold his back of neck.

   "Wahhh... You're seriously ace huh?" he claps 4 times. " I'm 1st Dan. Please be kind to me, okay?" he tap Jungkook's shoulder. " I'll get going now. Bye transfer student," he stand up. "Lisa bye~" he wave at her.

Right after that, the bell rings. They have to go back to their class.

 

-

 

     Jungkook put his books into his bag. He walk out of the classroom, but walk back and enter the classroom.

   "I'm sorry but Where is the Taekwondo gym?" Jungkook stand beside Lisa's seat.

   "I'll take you there." Lisa zipping her bag. "It's not in this building." she stand.

Lisa and Jungkook walk side by side. Lisa tell Jungkook about the other club's room and gyms. After they get out of the main school building, they go to the field.

   "I think there's still 40 minutes before the clubs start." Lisa look at her watch. "Do you want to go straight to the gym or should we look around first?"

   "I think i want to see the field..." Jungkook look into the big stadium where the athletics club usually practice.

   "Okay." Lisa nod her head lightly.

They walk into the stadium and walk up the stairs to the audience seats. Jungkook look around. There's no one beside them, so Jungkook can look around freely.

Suddenly there is someone entering the field. She walk while tying her hair. Her thank top seen throught her thin shirt. She wears a short running pants and running shoes. There are earphones hanging on her ears. Right after she's done with her hair, she start to run.

   "Who is that?' Jungkook ask Lisa.

Lisa look at the field and look back to Jungkook. "i think we should go now."

   "Why? We still have time," Jungkook look at Lisa.

   "She's the athlethics club's ace. And she don't like to be bother..  So let's get out of here before she sees us." Lisa walk down the stairs.

Jungkook try to see the ace again before finally he follow Lisa.

 

     Jungkook take off his uniform and it reveals his bare skin. He feels better but he can still see some bruises from before.

   "You should take care of your pretty body, transfer student." someone open the locker beside Jungkook.

I's the previous guy who approached Jungkook when the breaktime. It's Jungkook's first day of school but he have to join the club right away because it's the day Taekwondo Club practices.

   "What happen to your body/" he pull out his dobok. "Did you fight?" he ask again.

   "No, i'm..."

   "We have to hurry up." he take his shirt off and put on his dobok. "Put on your dobok, transfer student. You don't want to catch a cold right?" he tie his black belt onto his dobok.

Jungkook do as the previous guy said and put on his dobok. He tie his belt and follow the previous guy to the gym.

The students were waiting when suddenly the trainer come in. He's 5' 11" feet tall guy with jet black hair and he has a dark aura around him. His eye look sharp and there's no smile on his face. Beside him, there's the usual trainer who trained them.

   "As you already know, you'll be trained by new instructor." the trainer say. "From now on, he will be your instructor. He is my student too, so the method wont be too different." he smile.

The new instructor move forward as the trainer tell him.

   "My name is Lee Chang Seon. I will be your new instructor from today." he look around. "Let's cooperate well and lead this school to the national competition."

   "He might be looks scary, but he's actually a kind person." he trainer look at the new instructor. "So don't be so scared of him and talk to him freely as your senior, teacher, hyung or oppa. You got it?" the trainer look at the students. "I'll get going now," he tap the new instructor's shoulder.

Lee Chang Seon, the new instructor smiles. He's actually pretty cute for someone in his age, and less scary when he's smile.

   "I heard that i'm not the only new person here, right?" Chang Seon say, look at the students. "I already know 2 students here, so can you help me?" he call the previous guy who talked to Jungkook earlier.

The guy stand up and walk straight to the instructor. He bow politely and look straight at the instructor's eyes. Chang Seon smiles spontaneously to him.

   "Long time no see, huh?" Chang Seon say. He tell the guy to look at the other students. "As you all know, he is the previous ace of this school's Taekwondo Club." he say. "And i heard that the new ace is here." he continue. "So can you stand up?" he ask.

Jungkook who was sitting in the back look around.

   "Transfer student!" the previous guy call Jungkook, give him a sign to come forward.

   "Me?" Jungkook point at himself.

   "Yes you. Come here."

Jungkook stand and come straight to the previous guy.

   "So this is the new ace who will replace me and Noona for the next competition." he look at the students. "Let's work hard~" he smile.

 

     After introduced Jungkook and Chang Seon, the previous guy tell the students to practice. The high grade students have to help the lower grade students to practice, while he talks to Jungkook and Chang Seon.

   "How's your body?" Chang Seon ask.

   "It's okay now." the previous guy smile. "So hyung will teach here for a year right?" he ask.

   "Yeah. I think it's good to having another kids beside you and her." he say. "Btw, who is this new ace?" he look at Jungkook.

Jungkook who relize hurrily bow.

   "My name is Jeon Jungkook." he say. "I just transfered here today, so i don't really know the gym or the club's member, teacher."

Chang Seon and the previous guy laugh.

   "Look how awkward you are, Jungkook." Chang Seon try to stop laughing. "That's okay. I'm new too." he lean on the wall. "Anyway you can call me Joon."

Jungkook look at Chang Seon.

   "And btw my name is Wonho." the previous guy say. "Lee Wonho." he continue.

Wonho and Lee Joon have been friends for 8 years. Wonho start to loves Taekwondo because of Lee Joon and finally decided to join in to the same training ground as Lee Joon when he was 9. Lee Joon was Wonho's senior and fastly became the Assistant Instructor. Now he's an Instructor.

Jungkook, Wonho and Joon practice in the gym with the others but Jungkook recieve some different treatments. Because he's the ace, he have to practice harder and longer than the others. They suppose to practice with one senior who is the surrent ace, but the senior can't join them for now.

     After the practice, Jungkook, Wonho and Lee Joon go to the Changing Room and take a shower.

Jungkook buttoning his shirt and wear his necklace. After done with his belonging, he go straight to the parking lot and approach his red sport motorcycle. He put on his helmet and get on his ride. He start the engine and ride straight home.

The gate opened and he enter his house's yard. After get off the motorcycle, he tell the butler to park it properly.

   "Where have you been?' an man ask Jungkook right after he enter the house.

   "Gym." Jungkook not even look at the man.

Jungkook go straght to his room, lock the door and jump onto his bed. He fall asleep with his school uniform still on him.

 

-

 

     Ahreum walk down the stairs, ready to go home after her practice. She look at someone whos lean back at the gate.

   "What are you doing here?" Ahreum ask her bestfriend.

Namjoon look at Ahreum. He's hands drown in his pockets. It's clearly seen that he was fighting with the cold wind.

   "Wait for you." he say. "Hurry up, it's cold."

   "Why are you here anyway?" Ahreum mumble.

   "How can you go home in this hour everyday? Oh God cold," he mumble.

They walk side by side. Ahreum see her cold bestfriend and decide to stop by a minimarket which isn't far from them.

She put the instant cup noodle on the table in front of her. Namjoon who sits there open the can of warm tea.

   "I'm not rich, so i can only buy you this." she sit.

   "You're poor. I know." Namjoon crack his chopsticks.

They eat the hot noodles without even talk to each other.

After finish with their noodles and tea, they throw away their trashes and continue their 'journey' to Ahreum's house.

   "I prefer your soup than instant noodle, you know?

   "My fridge is empty." Ahreum look at her bestfriend.

   "Let's go to the supermarket with me tomorrow." Namjoon smile. "I have to buy some things for my mom."

   "You pay?"

   "Of course." Namjoon embrace Ahreum.

   "Having fun with your boyfriend?" someone stand behind them.

Ahreum and Namjoon look back at the same time.

   "You know him?" Namjoon look at his bestfriend.

   "I don't think i..."

   "You remember me, right?" the guy move forward.

   "Who?" Ahreum repply.

   "You don't even remember someone you almost killed?" the guy ask.

   "I don't know. You're not the only one." Ahreum look at the guy.

   "I know right. You're not the only person she beatted, dude" Namjoon giggle.

The previous guy looks upset. He pull out a little knife from his pocket.

Namjoon who see that embrace Ahreum tightly. Even when he knows his bestfriend, he still worry about her.

The unknown guy move forward with his knife, ready to stab Ahreum. (Okay stop, it's too dramatic.) Namjoon tell Ahreum to stand behind him.

He swing his knife, almost hit Namjoon. But Namjoon move aside so the knife didn't touch his skin.

The guy swing it again and it hit something. The blood drips. Namjoon look at Ahreum.

 

 

 

To be continued..........

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you guys know, i always use the real name of them right.

There is Jung Hoseok not J-Hope, Kim Namjoon and not Rap Monster.

But for Wonho, i can't use his real name because his real name is Shin Hoseok.

Yeah okay whatever.

Anyway, thanks for waiting. I love you guys.

See you later~