|8|

[HIATUS] Bad At Being Good
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dahyun arrived at the front office and met with Hoshi who was just sitting in a chair playing a game on his phone. He was so focused on the game and oblivious to his surroundings that he didn't even notice that Dahyun came to sit next to him.

"Come on, almost there....almost there..almost--"

"Why don't you cut his off at the turn?" Dahyun butted in.

"Because if I do that, he'll just--AHH DAHYUN!" Hoshi yelped and dropped his phone on the carpeted floor. Dahyun laughed and picked up his phone for him.

"Sorry to scare you."

Hoshi just nodded his head and put his phone away.

"Something tell me it's a slow day? I mean, you came here to help, but you're playing video games," Dahyun laughed again. Hoshi rubbed the nape of his neck embarrassingly and then hung his head low, slouching in his chair.

"Let's do the talent show," Dahyun said suddenly.

Hoshi's head perked up to look at her, but she was already standing up.

"I-I...I can't, Dahyun, I'm sorry."

"Are you hurt? Physically hurt?" She asked.

Hoshi looked at her confusingly. "U-Uhm..no?"

"Are you legs broken?"

"N...no--"

"Are you sick?"

"No.."

"Are you leaving early for break?"

"No--Dahyun what is this about?"

"Hmm," Dahyun put a finger on her chin pretending to contemplate something.

"Seems to me that it's not that you CAN'T participate, but you WON'T participate. Am I right?"

"W..well yeah, but--"

"No but's. I don't see anything wrong with you, I mean you even said it yourself. So, what do you say..why not?" She asks rhetorically.

Hoshi looked at the ground, his elbows resting on his knees.

"I just..don't know if I can do it one more time. You see, during my first year--"

"Yeah, yeah I know. Vernon told me," she inturrupted him again. She decided to sit back down next to him.

"But it's a new year, Hoshi. It's our last year. Let's do something you've never done before. You got me and the rest of them out there, counting on you. I may not know what you guys went through exactly, but I know one thing's for sure: you guys have spirit, passion, and integrity-- something Jihyo and her petty crew lack. And before you give us an answer to do this, answer me this last question...do you have friends? Not just any friends. But friends that are going to be there for you through whatever? Friends that love you, and friends you love?"

Hoshi brought his eyes up a little bit at Dahyun's words. He did have those kinds of friends.

"Now, if you've answered 'yes' to any of the above, I think you're well over qualified," Dahyun didn't miss a chance to brighten up the mood right before the bell rang to go back to class.

"Just think about it, my friend," was all Dahyun said before leaving the counselor's office and bowing to the staff members.

Hoshi sat there, taking in her words before standing up and heading towards the door.

"She's right, Hoshi," the receptionist, Ms. Kim, said aloud while typing on her

Please log in to read the full chapter