|4|

[HIATUS] Bad At Being Good
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dahyun's POV

It wasn't my fault really. First of all, I don't drink soda, let alone orange soda, and second, those childish boys in the halls made me bump into someone who took their lunch to class because they didn't have enough time to eat, apparently. They obviously lost balance and splashed soda on Jihyo who was walking towards us from the opposite direction. She was too worried about the whole situation first hand that she didn't see that I was actually helping the poor little guy up by picking up his can of soda.

Just as fate granted, Jihyo finally looked up and saw that I was the one holding the orange carbonated drink. I swear this felt staged, but nonetheless, the boy had a regretful, but scared look on his face.

"You !"

Man her voice this loud was almost as annoying as her actul voice. I rubbed my ears and cringed at the noise that came out of . I opened my eyes again only to see a crowd of people huddled around us; some from our class and some other nosy people walking the halls who happened to be around. I handed the soda to the kid as if I were just handing it to a random person and pushed him into the classroom. Didn't want to make the kid feel embarrassed or more scared than he already was.

I figured I'll just take the heat on this one. Time to have some fun, finally.

I put my hands in my jacket's pockets and took an obvious look around us.

"What, so you're just going to stand there?! You're not going to apologize?!!"

"Hm? For what?" I said, dumbfoundedly, obviously knowing what she was referring to.

Jihyo breathed out a small laugh that held absolutely no humor behind it and took a step closer to me, arms crossed over her chest, still possessing that evil look in her eyes and smirk on her lips.

The atmosphere and tension became heavier and tighter as the clock ticked.

"Listen, Kim Dahyun. I'll have you know, I'm not someone to play with."

I gave a sarcastic chuckle of my own.

"Aaaahhh, so you don't like games? I see. Funny because I was going to ask you if you wanted to go play tag after school!"

I heard a pretty distinct laugh that emerged from inside the classroom and through a wide gap of students' heads, I saw Mingyu actually laughing. Didn't think this was that amusing. Everyone turned their heads towards that direction and Mingyu was still chuckling, arms crossed, slouching in his chair that was faced towards us.

Once we made eye contact, he almost immediately stopped and turned back around, almost embarrassed. I made a quick mental note of that.

The bell for passing period finally rang and the students filed back into class leaving Jihyo and I just outside of the doors. I was just about to walk in when Jihyo pulled me back from the bottom of my jacket.

"Listen here, new girl. I don't care how you got into this school, and frankly, I don't care for your jokes. But you mess with me, you're gonna regret it. If you wanna play...then let's play," Jihyo warned. She let go of my jacket and bumped my shoulder as she passed me to go inside of the classroom, but before she opened the door, she turned around and gave me a final warning.

"Oh, and I almost forgot one of the most important rules of thus game. Stay away from Kim Mingyu."

I heaved a heavy sigh and thought to myself, 'Dahyun-ah..why do you get yourself into these kinds of messes???'

===

During the math lecture, Mingyu was asleep, as usual. And seeing him sleeping made me sleepy. That Jihyo argument really tired me out apparently.

Before I knew it, I was woken up by the final bell that released us out of school. I twitched before opening my eyes slowly and lifting my head up to see students hurridly filing out...and a smiley Mr. Lim (our math teacher) who sat criss crossed on a desk in front of Mingyu and I.

Dammit.

"Mianhe~ did I wake you up, my most cherished students?" Mr. Lim questioned rhetorically to Mingyu and I. Mingyu just yawned and put his

Please log in to read the full chapter